Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anonymous service to report gatherings that break the law?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

Mr. Karate wrote: »
    Well if we are supposed to live this thing then that does [or should] mean going about our lives normally without masks, social distancing and worrying about how many can be in your wedding or threats of lockdowns because Leo and Mehole need to masturbate their egos again.

The fact that none of these clowns are following the rules they're making should tell you everything about this virus. If this virus was really that deadly they'd have no choice but to follow their own rules. They wouldn't be able to pull any selective enforcement nonsense.

This post above is whats wrong with people, globally. Don't make a medical issue into a bull**** proxy political issue.

I couldnt give a fcuk what politicians are doing and we shouldnt use their actions as a barometer of how we should live our lives.

You say "The fact that none of these clowns are following the rules they're making should tell you everything about this virus"...

No, complete bullsh1t....my response to that is we are now over 850,000 deaths linked to Covid and some survivors have negative adverse efffects which remain largely unknown.....that should tell you everything about this virus.

Best of luck to any idiot who bases their health and wellbeing on the basis of a politician not wearing a mask.

eggy81 wrote: »
    You don't think the willingness to obey such restrictions will be giving government ideas.

Only to paranoid conspiracy theorists that are mentally compromised.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Mr. Karate

This post above is whats wrong with people, globally. Don't make a medical issue into a bull**** proxy political issue.

I couldnt give a fcuk what politicians are doing and we shouldnt use their actions as a barometer of how we should live our lives.

You say "The fact that none of these clowns are following the rules they're making should tell you everything about this virus"...

No, complete bullsh1t....my response to that is we are now over 850,000 deaths linked to Covid and some survivors have negative adverse efffects which remain largely unknown.....that should tell you everything about this virus.

Best of luck to any idiot who bases their health and wellbeing on the basis of a politician not wearing a mask.

You're what's wrong with people. If this virus was truly as deadly as they're trying to make it out to be then these clowns would have no choice but to follow their own mandates.

Plus if this virus was this deadly these flimsy masks ain't going to do ****.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭nthclare

While fishing I came across a group of teen-agers fishing off a pier in Clare the other evening.
    There was around 5 guys and 3 girls.

At one stage one of the guys caught a string of 3 mackerel on the one trace and, there was loads of excitement because they were only beginners I'd say.

Anyhow they all got quite close to each other looking at the fish one of the young chaps landed to the excitement of his friends.

Not one of them had a mask and social distancing wasn't adhered to ?

But I couldn't give a flying feck, they were enjoying themselves and its probably a new experience for them.

It's great to see rural dwelling kid's are still interested in the outdoors and are having a laugh.

There's lots of people who are just getting on with it, I'd be more fearful of the touts than the people who let loose now and again.

After all it was the courageous people who fought for our freedom and independence and it was the usual numpties who were running with stories to the RIC and local barracks about their neighbours.

What's the point in selling your neighbors out ???

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Can you tell me what the purpose and function of the mask actually is?

• Advertisement

You're what's wrong with people. If this virus was truly as deadly as they're trying to make it out to be then these clowns would have no choice but to follow their own mandates.

Again you seem to be blinded by your political bias. "You're whats wrong with people", what an idiotic statement to make :pac:.

The fact that you are only referencing "flimsy masks" as a dubious supporting argumemt suggests that you are part of the "go against the grain of the Government no matter what the situation" crowd.

Firstly, there are many more mitigation measure which have been put in place...ones you are probably flouting.

Secondly, medical evidence supports the hypothesis that easily purchasable medical grade masks do make a positive difference when it comes to limit spreading viruses, this will also be true for this virus. In combination with other measures (if we all were actually adhering to it), would go a long way to getting rid of this quicker.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 68 ✭✭edjkdkjdhjkd

I think the reason that the impact of Covid thus far hasn't been as bad as it might have been is because of the restrictions and the caution which has surrounded it.

I't an absolutely frustrating time with real mental health impacts, to some degree or another, on most people worldwide, but we have seen the evidence of it running amok and the knock on impact of that.

The virus isn't going to go easy on people just because its frustrating to have to be cautious. This could be good practice for a truly vicious virus which will likely emerge, at some point.

We already have, take a look at the far-right group of racists protesting the past weekend in Berlin, Dublin and London.

Subscriber numbers to Grand Torinos and Computing Forever YouTube channels have soared throughout this pandemic, this is an indicator that mental health issues are impacting Ireland in particular.

Yakult wrote: »
    Can you tell me what the purpose and function of the mask actually is?

To count the sheep.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,419 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

It's incredibly risky to proceed with a gathering in contravention of the covid restrictions laws (not sure if they're fully enacted yet or are still guidelines).

Anyway when they are fully operational those organising will be civilly liable for damages arising from cases that spread at the gathering they organisers. That's a potentially huge liability.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,583 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Its ridiculous having the Guards wasting their time going into a pub to see if someone is having a meal with their pint when they should be after the real criminals.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Easy to see how the Stasi worked in East Germany with people so eager to rat out their fellow people.

It'll be ok as long as there are no politicians attending.
    Or if anyone is young and partying like in Killarney - no consequences so fire ahead.

The pandemic is so bad that the media, government and paid for shills have to try sell it to us on daily basis.

Personally i don't know anyone who has got it and only a few of my family/friends knew of a person who contracted it, even then they survived with ease and were in their 70's.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

My sister lives near a 3rd level institute...some of the houses have students moving in today, and she is really worried, as they seem to be moving more alcohol than clothes into the houses...

5 houses in her estate seem to be full...Ringing the landlords at 3 in the morning will only go so far, especially with CoVid19

c.p.w.g.w wrote: »
    My sister lives near a 3rd level institute...some of the houses have students moving in today, and she is really worried, as they seem to be moving more alcohol than clothes into the houses...

5 houses in her estate seem to be full...Ringing the landlords at 3 in the morning will only go so far, especially with CoVid19

She probably watches rte news every day and consumes The Journal etc.

Ask her, does she know anyone or have heard of anyone who got the "virus" and how did they fare with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,419 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

It's not just this thread but as covid has progressed, the way this forum has changed had been illuminating. Posters that I once would have considered measured centrists have in fact turned out to be libertarian lunatics.

The selfish attitude of some posters is quite something to behold.

She probably watches rte news every day and consumes The Journal etc.

Ask her, does she know anyone or have heard of anyone who got the "virus" and how did they fare with it?

The estate she lives in, has 19 houses...and 5 of those are definitely students houses this year, and she lives in Limerick...

Her main concerns are
    +All night house parties, since pubs are closed
    +increased anti-social behavior
    +Not being able to confront them for fear of them having high risk of CoVid due to large numbers of people in their houses

She doesn't want to get the virus, the same way nobody really even wants to get a flu...

I know 2 people who got the Virus, both public sector workers, and it certainly doesn't seem like something you want

• Registered Users Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

bobbyy gee wrote: »
    Also it does permant damage to lungs heart and brain to some people

How do you know this?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭smellyoldboot

I hope at least the house is well out in the sticks. Even without CoVid, Id be spitting hair and feathers if the neighbours had 75 guests round for a party, that's acting the bollix in fairness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Her curtain bill must be massive with all that twitching.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,349 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

We tried the carrot, the cutesy "We are all in this together" shyte and some still don't care, making light of it, having their parties, street dancing on defibrillators.

Time for the stick for those who didn't get the memo first time around.

• Advertisement

Her curtain bill must be massive with all that twitching.

Ha ha, she was out cleaning the garden and couldn't help but notice...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,807 ✭✭✭buried

We tried the carrot, the cutesy "We are all in this together" shyte and some still don't care, making light of it, having their parties, street dancing on defibrillators.

Terminate with the auld extreme prejudice?

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭thenightman

Government will be giving memo to themselves so. Overlooking unsafe working conditions in countless meat and veg processing plants owned by wealthy, politically connected folks for months until it could no longer be ignored such was volume in cases due to inaction, inexplicably still not testing people at airports, taking temperatures or even following up on self isolation card info, not providing adequate safety measures in schools.

But no, it's these mysterious house parties and pubs that are the problem!

Get a grip ffs!

The estate she lives in, has 19 houses...and 5 of those are definitely students houses this year, and she lives in Limerick...

Her main concerns are
    +All night house parties, since pubs are closed
    +increased anti-social behavior
    +Not being able to confront them for fear of them having high risk of CoVid due to large numbers of people in their houses

She doesn't want to get the virus, the same way nobody really even wants to get a flu...

I know 2 people who got the Virus, both public sector workers, and it certainly doesn't seem like something you want

Guarantee the vast majority of the population have had worse hangovers than this "lethal virus"

Memo for what exactly? A complete scam that has been proven to be less fatal than the common cold?

You're talking through your ar$e, more people probably died of diarrhea today than of Covid19.

People can see through the propaganda and pathetic virtue signalling. You best get off boards quick before you miss the 9 o clock news on RTE.

yaboya1 wrote: »
    How do you know this?

They don't, just idiot virtue signalling. Virus has not even been around for a year and people claim to know of it's long term impact on the human body

I hope at least the house is well out in the sticks. Even without CoVid, Id be spitting hair and feathers if the neighbours had 75 guests round for a party, that's acting the bollix in fairness.

It's South Dublin City lol

buried wrote: »
    Terminate with the auld extreme prejudice?

Probably send them to the concentration camps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Probably send them to the concentration camps.

For you, Mr Karate, ze outbreak iz ofer!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,928 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

da_miser wrote: »
    So you want the world to come to a stand still so people in the 90's who have already lived their life can hang in there another year or two, so the young and healthy give up the best years of their lives to extend the lives of the already close to death people in the population?
    I am 49 not 90 and I am vulnerable. There is plenty of others out there like me and don't forget we have the highest rate of cystic fibrosis in the world.

Advertisement