Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vodafone FTTH settings (connect 3rd party edgerouter to ONT)

• 30-08-2020 7:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hi All, would really appreciate your help with this.

Juat connected up to Vodafone FTTH yesterday and use a Ubiquiti Edgerouter Lite. Does anyone know how to connect a third party router such as a Ubiquiti Edgerouter directly to the Haewei ONT without having to bridge the supplied Vodafone Gigabox Router?

Have tried settings found on other posts such as configuring the interface for VLAN 10 and various PPPoE settings but having no joy.

In summary, here are the settings I've used with no success so far:
    VLAN: 10
    Username: <serial>vfieftth.ie
    Password: broadband
    MTU: 1492

Appreciate any tried and tested suggestions. Thanks :-)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20 rosscullen

###Update###
    Success! I've managed to get it going with the settings above after all!

On the Ubiquiti EdgeRouter, when setting up or adding your PPPoE interface, you need to choose (eth0.10) as the parent interface as oppose to the physical interface (eth0). Hope this is of use in the future for other Ubiquiti Edgerouter/EdgeMax users.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Capt. Insano

I came on to boards looking for info like this.

I got Vodafone Gigabit via SIRO installed today and wanted to skip the vodafone box and connect my EdgeRouter X directly to the ONT:

I was having issues with the MTU settings affecting SSL traffic.

In order to get the PPPoE interface MTU to 1500 I needed to increase the eth0 and etho.10 interface MTU to over 1508 so I set each of them to 2000.
    Can anyone tell me if that is good or bad practice?

I also had to edit Firewall/NAT settings so that all interfaces options were set as my PPPoE interface instead of eth0 or eth0.10, is that also correct?

Any advise greatly appreciated as I have been reading a lot of conflicting info.

Advertisement