Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Jumpers are Coming 2020/2021

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭akelly02

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    I would be more worried about the form of Colin Tizzard, not great at the moment. They do not look to be firing and more worrying that they are losing at single digit prices.

correct, and they werent firing at chelters either.

which is a testament to lostintransalation considering how well he ran in the gold cup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

Jaysus he will surely? 150+ rated performance? I'd be guessing 150-152 without looking close.

Updated rating 150.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Updated rating 150.

Can you post a link please ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭MickyPearse

AnniePowwa wrote: »
    Jesus I've now found the most useless punter on boards, what exactly would hand him his arse? Clan des tailed of in a gold cup ha

Different track. Al boom is an out and out stayer. The gold cup trip is his ideal trip. 3 miles at kempton and he'd be under pressure half way.

Please rewatch native river's king george run in 2018. Thats exactly what I'd see happen to al boum in a king george.

You might think I'm useless but I'm usually very accurate and i hope i can prove you wrong on here

Updated rating 150.

I wouldn't rule him out with an extra 4 lbs, not that harsh.

The big q is does be stay?

I mean if you see the winner of the Cork national on Sunday, you had to go back 2 years to see what they were plotting. He had plenty of ability on deep ground and they were just waiting to pull the trigger, he was thrown in. Aye right has a different profile but if you took the argument that he has been on easy street an argument can be made.

Is there any big race in Kelso this year around 3 miles?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 680 ✭✭✭lemush

I think he will. I have him at no.21 on the weights as they stand on current entries. He will get in if they want him to?

https://www.racingpost.com/racecards/36/newbury/2020-11-28/768281/

The handicapper is hardly going to touch his mark after Saturday?
    Why would he not touch his mark? Of course he would be reassessed.

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭Coneygree

akelly02 wrote: »
    correct, and they werent firing at chelters either.

which is a testament to lostintransalation considering how well he ran in the gold cup.

He must be a freak of a horse considering how nearly every other Tizzard horse has been shocking with some time.

lemush wrote: »
    Why would he not touch his mark? Of course he would be reassessed.

He got 4lbs, hardly an issue and if he is good enough he could still be interesting. In saying all that he just may not be good enough.

Is there a big staying chase up in Kelso?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,933 ✭✭✭kksaints

He got 4lbs, hardly an issue and if he is good enough he could still be interesting. In saying all that he just may not be good enough.

Is there a big staying chase up in Kelso?

There's one around the second weekend before Cheltenham. The Premier Chase is a 2m7f listed chase. Definitly Red won it this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

You queried whether or not they were allowed reassess his mark...
    A gobsh*te of the very highest order.

You queried whether or not they were allowed reassess his mark...
    A gobsh*te of the very highest order.

Just so you know I have reported you for calling me a gobshight.

This is a forum, not an excuse for you to attack other posters.

Have a nice day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭del roy

Nicky Henderson Stable tour

Jumps trainers might not want to read on.

That is due to the awesome depth of talent Nicky Henderson – crowned champion trainer for the sixth time last term – has at his disposal.

What Henderson, who recently celebrated the 42nd anniversary of his first winner yet remains as driven as ever, details could frighten the hell out of his rivals, especially if Altior and Buveur D'Air can bounce back – and there is confidence they can – Champion Hurdle heroine Epatante continues to shine, Santini and Champ remain authentic Cheltenham Gold Cup contenders and Shishkin lives up to his billing as Seven Barrows' latest superstar.

There is strength in most areas, so optimism is high the yard can enjoy another productive campaign.

Don't say you weren't told.

Race in focus

We want to win the Grand National because we've never won it, we've won eight Champion Hurdles, so want nine, but you're never not going to want the Gold Cup – that's not too greedy is it?

Rival to watch

If Shishkin goes two miles, I'd expect Chantry House to go two and a half and I'm then hoping Envoi Allen goes three miles, in which case that's the three novice chases at the festival sorted out.

Stable profile
    Yard Seven Barrows
    Where Lambourn, Berkshire
    Started training 1978
    Horses in yard 148
    Members of staff 56
    Second in command Charlie Morlock
    Head lad David Fehily
    Assistant trainers Katie Croft, Billy Aprahamian, George Daly, Hannah Ryan
    Travelling head lads/lasses Richard Nicholas, Sarah Shreeve, Jack Findlater
    Jockeys Nico de Boinville, Jerry McGrath, James Bowen, Daryl Jacob, Aidan Coleman
    Conditionals Joe Anderson, Alfie Jordan
    PA Carolyn Harty
    Accounts Marie McClure
    Stable sponsor Unibet
    Twitter @sevenbarrows

Winners in Britain

2019-20 118
    2018-19 141
    2017-18 141
    2016-17 154
    2015-16 81

Profit/loss to £1 stake

2019-20 -£45.87
    2018-19 -£14.75
    2017-18 -£76.49
    2016-17 -£113.50
    2015-16 -£101.03

Prize-money 2019-20

£2,539,198

Adjali
    Five-year-old gelding
    Kamsin (sire) - Anabasis (dam)
    Owner: Simon Munir & Isaac Souede
    Form figures: 374/60-P
    Racing Post Rating - Official rating 137c
    A decent juvenile hurdler two seasons ago, he'd had a wind operation, but a problem with his breathing reared its ugly head on soft ground on his debut over fences at Hexham last month, so we've got to get that corrected.

Ahorsewithnoname
    5m Cacique - Sea Of Galilee
    D J Burke & P Alderson
    431/
    RPR 103b
    She's a sweet mare who recently joined us for hurdling having won a bumper and two Flat races. She's schooled beautifully after a fortnight with Henrietta Knight, is working nicely and is all but ready.

Allart
    6g Shantou - The Adare Woman
    R A Bartlett
    3/F115-
    RPR 143h OR 145h
    He was an honourable fifth to Shishkin in the Supreme and it was a shame he couldn't run again because of lockdown, although he'd excelled to earn his Cheltenham ticket beforehand. He goes chasing and jumps brilliantly. He has plenty of speed so two miles appears ne, although he'd get further.

Star quality
    Altior

0g High Chaparral - Monte Solaro
    Mrs Patricia Pugh
    1111/21-
    RPR 183c OR 172c
    The ground at Ascot was desperate for his head-to-head with Cyrname, but it was an unavoidable clash. It wasn't being beaten that hurt, just that Altior was exhausted and took time to get over it, but I'm glad he bounced back for Newbury's Game Spirit, which he won in style. It put him spot on for the Champion Chase. His work had been brilliant, his schooling frightening, but he developed a splint on his near-fore. There was nothing we could do except watch as Politologue, whom Altior had beaten three times out of three, won. Anyway, everything is fine and he's looking tremendous, so hopefully can pick up where he left off back down the normal two-mile route, starting in the Tingle Creek.

Apple's Shakira
    6m Saddler Maker - Apple's For Ever
    John P McManus
    1143/P6/
    RPR 142h OR 141h
    It's lovely to have her back as she missed last term but had been productive when she first arrived. She then disappointed, but she's grown and strengthened and she's a sister to Apple's Jade, so I'm hopeful she can follow her act.

Arcadian Pearl
    5g Arcadio - Grangeclare Pearl
    Biddestone Racing XVII
    7-
    RPR 88b
    He's taken time but is all quality and we're getting there. He ran respectably in his bumper and will go hurdling. He's a slick jumper.

Arturus
    5g Camelot - Scandisk
    J Turner
    He's a beautiful horse and he's beautifully bred, being a half-brother to Hurricane Fly, but he found that testing ground at Ascot on Saturday hard work. He's lovely and will find his feet. I don't know if we'll go hurdling yet, but he jumps very well.

Ballingers Corner
    5m Jeremy - Dances With Wolves
    M Roberts
    1- (point-to-point)
    RPR 76p
    A pretty point winner, she was with us in the spring and we liked her, but she's done well for a summer at Henrietta Knight's and is one to look forward to when she goes hurdling.

Ballycross
    9g King's Theatre - Ninna Nanna
    Oscar Singh & Miss Priya Purewal
    PPP/272-
    RPR 140c OR 126c
    He was bought for the Grand Military Gold Cup, which was abandoned at Sandown and moved to Wincanton only for racing to shut down. We thought he had a cracking chance and that race will again be the objective, although he'll pay his way through the season with cut in the ground.

Balmuick
    4g So You Think - Full Of Love
    Thomas Barr
    RPR 89h
    He won in style on very good ground at Hexham in September and softer conditions at Chepstow last week just found him out.

Barbados Blue
    6m Getaway - Buck's Blue
    Crimbourne Bloodstock
    122/1-
    RPR 125h OR 119h
    A first-time-out bumper winner, she scored comfortably at Kempton in May last year but came back with a leg problem. She was going nicely in the spring, has size and scope and jumps pleasingly. With no miles on the clock, she's exciting.

Baron Nelson
    4g Mount Nelson - Toolentidhaar
    M A R Blencowe
    RPR 79b
    I was a bit disappointed with him at Market Rasen, but mine maybe weren't quite on fire then and it would be hard to judge him on that. He jumps well, goes hurdling and I like him a lot.

Beware The Bear
    10g Shantou - Native Bid
    G B Barlow
    411P/48-
    RPR 165c OR 158c
    We campaigned him last season for the Grand National, which obviously never took place, but he'd shown what a grand Aintree prospect he was when winning the Ultima at Cheltenham last year. We'll again aim for Aintree, which we always felt would suit and it was desperately disappointing we couldn't go there in April.

Birchdale
    6g Jeremy - Onewayortheother
    John P McManus
    11P/38-
    RPR 128c OR 145c
    He didn't enjoy his debut over fences behind Angels Breath, who is sadly out for the season, but ran creditably behind Dame De Compagnie in the Coral Cup. We'll go chasing again – he needs confidence but is schooling beautifully.

Bond's Lover
    6m Flemensfirth - Courageuse
    Mrs Christopher Hanbury
    1-
    RPR 121h
    She took time last year but won pleasingly on her hurdling debut at Newbury on heavy ground, which she loved. A nice chaser in the making, she should benefit from experience and is more the nished article, so she should have a fruitful season.

Bothwell Bridge
    5g Stowaway - Raise The Issue
    Thomas Barr
    22-
    RPR 121b
    He has all the credentials and ran admirably in two up-to-scratch bumpers. He's schooled splendidly and goes hurdling. I hope he'll take high rank at that and make a smashing chaser in time.

Brain Power
    9g Kalanisi - Blonde Ambition
    Michael Buckley
    41PP/1-6
    RPR 162h OR 147h
    He got a nasty overreach at Kempton the other day, which needed two general anaesthetics. That run was a prep for the International Hurdle at Cheltenham, but we might struggle to get there now.

Brave Eagle
    8g Yeats - Sinful Pleasure
    Robert Kirkland
    3/1180-5
    RPR 162c OR 153c
    He's not the biggest but he's talented and has given us and Robert enormous fun. He doesn't really handle soft ground, especially in the top staying handicap chases, and is too consistent for his own good, so the handicapper has him absolutely hammered.

Brilliant Present
    4f Presenting - Ouro Preto
    Mr And Mrs J D Cotton
    RPR 86b
    Gold Present's little sister, she nearly unseated Jerry [McGrath] at Lingfield in an all-weather bumper recently but ran on encouragingly. I'm sweet on her.

Burrows Edge
    7g Martaline - La Vie De Boitron
    Michael Buckley
    6/23/F10-
    RPR 139h OR 137h
    He's a smart hurdler who won the notoriously competitive Lanzarote last term, although he faded a bit in the Coral Cup. He wants good ground and is a prime contender for chasing.

Buttsbury Lady
    5m Great Pretender - Ceilidh Royal
    Mrs Rita Brown
    RPR 104b
    We know this family inside out and she caught the eye on her debut in July. She's schooled well and goes hurdling. She has a bright future.

Star quality
    Buveur D'Air

9g Crillon - History
    John P McManus
    21F2/12-
    RPR 171h; OR 167h
    Sadly he was beaten a short head in a muddling Fighting Fifth and came back with a wedge of hurdle stuck in his hoof, which resulted in a complicated procedure to remove it, and a large part of his hoof. He went back to JP's Martinstown Stud, where his rehab continued. All is going well and we're thrilled. He's cantering on the grass – a strip of watered ground that he hacks and trots on three times a day – slowly and it's a long road back. I'm not going to guess when he'll be ready, but the only objective is the Champion Hurdle, which he's won twice already. Even if we do have Epatante, you might as well have two arrows. Hannah Ryan looks after Buveur and if she's happy, I'm happy.

Buzz
    6g Motivator - Tiysha
    Thurloe For Royal Marsden Cancer Charity
    114-3
    RPR 141h OR 137h
    He ran a great race in the Welsh Champion Hurdle last month and we'll continue in those competitive handicap hurdles.

Call Me Lord
    7g Slickly - Sosa
    Simon Munir & Isaac Souede
    73/2120-
    RPR 164h OR 155h
    He was as good as ever when bagging the International Hurdle at Cheltenham last season. I had queries about the trip and going left-handed, but he won decisively. We couldn't get him in the same form in the spring though. He's never enjoyed fences at home so will remain hurdling and I think there are smart races to win from two miles to three.

Captain Morgs
    4g Milan - Gold Donn
    The Albatross Club
    RPR 105b
    Unlucky not to win a bumper at Warwick first time, he put that right over hurdles at Ascot on Saturday. There's no need to do anything fancy just yet, but hopefully he'll hit some sixes like his namesake [England cricket star Eoin Morgan], who was watching from Dubai over the weekend.

Captain Woodie
    8g Presenting - Lasado
    Middleham Park Racing LXXX
    1/7/722-3
    RPR 116c OR 117c
    I can't get him right, but one day he'll hit the headlines and get it right himself and win a decent contest. He's capable and his patient syndicate deserves a change of luck.

Caribean Boy
    6g Myboycharlie - Caribena
    5692/31-
    RPR 143c OR 144c
    He's managed only two races for us, but I like him and Kevin Mooney, who rides him at home, has always been positive. I see him staying three miles if he relaxes and he's a novice for a bit, so I ought to be able to get a novice chase into him this month.

Casablanca Mix
    8m Shirocco - Latitude
    Evan-Robert Hanbury
    0/1114-2
    RPR 154c OR 150c
    She's a grand, fun mare who loves life and jumping, and our aim was the Topham, which we're keen on again. She ran a super race at Chepstow on her comeback and I'm sure she has more to offer, especially if conditions are quick.

Cascova
    5g Casamento - Sina Cova
    Chelsea Thoroughbreds - Cascova
    120/P-
    RPR 110b
    He'd done everything really well at home, but his hurdling debut at Ascot was disappointing and we gave him time. The season ended before we could restart, but he's had a good summer, is hopefully over his issues and ready for a lucrative novice hurdle campaign.

Star quality
    Champ

8g King's Theatre - China Sky
    John P McManus
    21/11F1-
    RPR 167c OR 161c
    It's fantastic he's living up to his exalted name and his extraordinary win in the RSA will be remembered for years. Jumping the last, he looked destined for third, but the hill and an inspired Barry [Geraghty] galvanised him and he made up a ridiculous amount of ground in the last 100 yards to win. We were doing some jumping after his summer break and he made a slight whistle, which only Nico [de Boinville] detected, but [vet] Geoff Lane confirmed it, so he's had a wind operation. It makes me wonder in that patch in the RSA when he dropped back, was he just looking for a pitstop? Barry doesn't disagree and, having got that second wind, he flew home. We'll also tidy up his jumping as to win the Gold Cup you've got to be immaculate, so there are two reasons he can improve – his wind and jumping. The chances are he'll go to Ireland for the Savills Chase, then have another run in Britain before we hope he can be a true champ at Cheltenham.

Champagne Mystery
    6g Shantou - Spanker
    Trevor Hemmings
    22/122P-
    RPR 146c OR 139c
    A capable horse who makes the pace, he was impressive at Aintree last season but the handicapper took a dim view. His jumping let him down at the festival, but he was hampered.

Champenge Platinum
    6g Stowaway - Saffron Holly
    John P McManus
    1/55437-
    RPR 141c OR 137c
    He looked set for the top over hurdles but lost confidence chasing, although ran respectably in the Kim Muir when he probably didn't stay. You wouldn't want to come too far back in trip though, and his novice chase status is a bonus, while his schooling has been superb.

Chantecler
    9g Authorized - Snow Goose
    David White & Dean Gibbs
    55/3117
    RPR 122h OR 121h
    He came to us wonderfully well handicapped and managed to win two. With a bit of luck, he can win another.

Chantry House
    6g Yeats - The Last Bank
    John P McManus
    1/113-
    RPR 148h OR 147h
    A handsome horse, he won twice over hurdles before his excellent third in the Supreme. He goes chasing, probably over two and a half miles, and he's extremely exciting. I'm hoping he's a star of the future.

Chasamax
    5g Jeremy - Peratus
    International Plywood (Importers) Ltd
    323-P2
    RPR 116h OR 115h
    I was pleased with his performance when he finished second at Ludlow two weeks ago and he's obviously on the upgrade.

Chives
    6g Sulamani - Ceilidh Royal
    Mrs Rita Brown
    Unraced
    We know this family closely and he was well educated in the spring, so hopefully he won't take long to come to hand.

Claimantakinforgan
    8g Great Pretender - Taquine D'Estrees
    Lady Dulverton
    1352/13/
    RPR 150c OR 148c
    One of our leading novice chasers the year before last, he had to take a season out. However, he was close to the best as a novice hurdler and retains that potential over fences.

Clarendon Street
    7g Court Cave - Carrigeen Kalmia
    Owners Group 028
    4/215/
    RPR 127h OR 129h
    He was promising over hurdles but endured some niggly – not serious – problems. He's returned in excellent shape and could go chasing, although he lacks experience and another run or two over hurdles might help. If all holds together he has a fine future.

Colonial Dreams
    8g Westerner - Dochas Supreme
    C N Barnes
    6251/86-
    RPR 138h OR 136h
    He hasn't found fences easy at home and we've stayed over hurdles. He's high enough in the weights but can continue to be competitive in decent handicaps and hopefully win one.

Corrany
    6g Court Cave - Time For An Audit
    Trevor Hemmings
    7/39222-
    RPR 129h OR 126h
    I've always rated him. He needs good ground and I'd like to win over hurdles before we go chasing.

Countister
    8m Smadoun - Tistairly
    John P McManus
    5/30/78-9
    RPR 138h OR 135h
    Has some classy form, but didn't sparkle last season and it was the same at Ascot on Saturday. She'd been working well and giving us better vibes, but disappointed and I'm not sure why.

Craigneiche
    6g Flemensfirth - Itsalark
    Robert Kirkland
    131-
    RPR 126h OR 127h
    He did well last season, winning a bumper and over hurdles, but little hiccups held him up and racing was halted when he was ready. The summer has done him the world of good and he appears a smart chaser in the making.

Crystal Gazing
    5m Sulamani - Crystal Princess
    Seven Barrows Limited
    147-542
    RPR 112h OR 115h
    A nice mare who wants a sound surface and probably ran her best race at Ludlow recently. She's available to lease and have some fun with before returning to her owner's stud.

Dame De Campagnie
    7m Lucarno - Programmee
    John P McManus
    521/511-
    RPR 147h OR 148h
    She's smashing and won at Cheltenham last December before stepping up – very professionally – in the Coral Cup. The plan is to go chasing but we haven't schooled her over fences as she came in a little later. We'll see how we go, but either way she's quality.

Diamond River
    5g Imperial Monarch - River Clyde
    Jockey Club Ownership (SW 2020) Limited
    32-15
    RPR 105h
    I hope he can give his patient owners some fun and he's had some good schooling with Henrietta Knight, so should progress over hurdles.

Dickie Diver
    7g Gold Well - Merry Excuse
    John P McManus
    214/
    RPR 145h OR 141h
    He was a good novice hurdler and was fourth in the Albert Bartlett in 2019, but niggly issues kept him off last season. I'm dying to see him over fences and he desperately wants soft ground.

Docte Dina
    6m Doctor Dino - Artofmen
    Walters Plant Hire & Potter Group
    5/14-
    RPR 101h
    She has lots of potential and I hope she'll take top rank in mares' novice hurdles after an encouraging hurdling debut at Ludlow before Christmas.

Downtown Getaway
    7g Getaway - Shang A Lang
    T F P
    217/P10-
    RPR 138h OR 136h
    He's a grand, big horse who has shown plenty. He's had problems and isn't the easiest to train, but there's no doubting his ability and it's time for chasing.

Duke Of Chalfont
    4g Alianthus - Bonne Mere
    A Speelman & M Speelman
    RPR 95b
    I thought he ran all right at Lingfield in an all-weather bumper and Sean Bowen, who rode him, was pleased too.

El Kaldoun
    6g Special Kaldoun - Kermesse d'Esutruval
    Middleham Park Racing CIV
    6/5260-1
    RPR 121c OR 120c
    It was marvellous to see him win over fences at Hexham last month and he did it well. He jumped great and Jerry [McGrath] was positive. He should be able to do that again.

Elusive Belle
    6m Elusive Pimpernel - Soviet Belle
    Robert Waley-Cohen
    201/325-
    RPR 139h OR 136h
    She ran respectably last season in quality company. The plan is to go chasing and I think she could be extremely proficient as she schooled neatly in the spring. She's ready to go.

Emir Sacree
    6g Network - Altesse Sacree
    G L Porter
    222F/
    RPR 121c
    Closely related to Sprinter Sacre, he was second three times in France and is quite forward and likeable. We might wait for some cut in the ground.

Star quality
    Epatante

6m No Risk At All - Kadjara
    John P McManus
    119/111-
    RPR 163h OR 162h
    She stepped up after the Gerry Feilden to win the Christmas Hurdle impressively and did the same in the Champion Hurdle, which was a joy to watch. She was ridden at home by Sophie Candy, who got to know her closely and the trust they had in each other was instrumental. The Fighting Fifth is the obvious starting point for her followed by the Christmas Hurdle again. She's probably not a chaser, but she doesn't need to be when there's every chance of winning another Champion.

Falco Blitz
    6g Falco - Ignited
    Axom LXXVII
    12415-5
    RPR 131c OR 132c
    I like him a lot, but he made a couple of mistakes and jumped to the left on his debut over fences at Ascot on Saturday. He'll come on for that and could develop into a decent novice chaser.

Father John
    5g Secret Singer - Oudette
    Middleham Park Racing Xi
    1-
    RPR 102b
    He's had niggly problems and his novice hurdle campaign never materialised last season, but he's stronger and more mature for that now. He's done loads of schooling and will get there.

Fix Sun
    5g Al Namix - Quelly Bruere
    21/112-0
    RPR 131h OR 136h
    Won twice last season and nearly made it three, but we never felt we had him spot on and he should improve a lot from his recent outing at Cheltenham.

Flinteur Sacre
    5g Network - Fatima III
    John P McManus
    21-
    RPR 128b
    He's Sprinter Sacre's brother and has looked the part from day one. He won with ridiculous ease at Kempton in February, did plenty of schooling in the spring and is ready for hurdling. He has a bit to live up to but is exciting. His lad Sarwar Mohammed tells me he's just like riding Sprinter, but that might be heart ruling head!

Floressa
    5m Poliglote - Dona Rez
    Just Four Men
    2/12129-
    RPR 141h OR 141h
    Gorgeous and classy, she was a Listed winner last season and is better than her performance at the festival. She pulled some muscles in her back and missed a race at Wetherby on Saturday, which was frustrating, but she'll soon be okay and we're condent she's a leading lady in waiting.

Follow The Bear
    8g King's Theatre - Mrs Dempsey
    G B Barlow
    1112P-4
    RPR 132c OR 135c
    He's a delightful character and I'll be disappointed if he can't go far as a chaser. He's an accurate jumper and strong stayer who prefers good ground.

Fox's Socks
    5g Crillon - Queva De Sarti
    J Palmer-Brown
    42-
    RPR 101b
    I like him and he should have won a jumpers' bumper at Wolverhampton. He's coming along and loves his jumping.

Fraser Island
    4g Australia - Ponty Acclaim
    A D Spence
    1320-0
    RPR 120h OR 126h
    A neat horse who did well last term, he's more robust now and can continue to progress. I was disappointed with him at Chepstow last month, but some of mine were needing it more than I thought.

Fred
    5g Cokoriko - Veribelle
    22/3311-
    RPR 139h OR 144h
    He had a fruitful campaign and is a bonny, bouncy sort who I don't think wants testing conditions. The plan is to go chasing.

French Crusader
    7g Kapgarde - Largesse
    Robert Kirkland
    52/121/2-
    RPR 141h OR 139h
    He's talented, as his second to Epatante last season demonstrates, but not easy to train. He could stay hurdling or go chasing and, if everything is right, could be very good.

Fugitives Drift
    5g Yeats - Shebeganit
    HP Racing Fugitives Drift
    3/312-11
    RPR 137h OR 137h
    He's two from two this autumn and it was possibly to his advantage he didn't run again in the spring as he had an enjoyable early summer on some lovely grass at Fiona Marner's.

Fusil Raffles
    5g Saint Des Saints - Tali Des Obeaux
    11P0-11
    RPR 158h OR 152c
    Chasing has helped him regain what he showed as a four-year-old, when he won a Grade 1 at the Punchestown festival, and he's unbeaten in two over fences, including a polished display at Cheltenham last time. He could go into graded company, possibly at the next Cheltenham meeting, and I'm keen to go two and a half miles, but it doesn't appear essential at the moment.

Galan Des Planches
    4g Crillon - Quaty Des Planches
    The Ten From Seven
    RPR 91h
    He'll get there. He was sixth at Stratford last week and is just taking time to get the hang of things, but he'll be all right and I like him.

Gallyhill
    5g Getaway - Tanit
    Claudio Michael Grech
    1- (point-to-point)
    RPR 90p
    We loved what we saw in the spring from this handsome big point winner, and he's had a good summer with Henrietta Knight. You won't see him until the ground is properly soft.

Galurin
    4g Sunday Break - Rirta
    Million in Mind Partnership
    5-62
    RPR - OR -
    He's our new horse for Million in Mind, who have been such loyal and enthusiastic owners. He shaped favourably in French bumpers and the biggest thing will be keeping a lid on him as he's quite buzzy, but he looks like he'll go well. Hurdling is almost certain.

Giants Table
    5g Great Pretender - Bold Fire
    Lady Bamford & Alice Bamford
    1/ (point-to-point)
    RPR 92p
    He's a grand sort and time won't have done him any harm. He'll start in novice hurdles but is a staying chaser of the future – hopefully a magnificent one.

Gipsy De Choisel
    4g Great Pretender - Beautiful Choisel
    RPR - OR -
    He won his only start in France and is a grand looker. I'm relishing seeing him in novice hurdles as he's very nice.

Global Society
    5g Shirocco - Oligarch Society
    Johnnie Lightfoot
    2221P4-
    RPR 122h OR 128h
    He looked to be going places when he won at Doncaster but ran away with Nico on the way to the start at Kempton and was out of control in the race too. I'm hopeful what was ailing him is in the past after a good summer at home.

Glynn
    6g Winged Love - Barnish River
    Owners Group 039
    1/1-
    RPR 131h
    He was brilliant at Doncaster on his hurdling debut but didn't sparkle afterwards and then racing was curtailed when we were ready again. He's had an excellent summer and has enormous potential. I'm not in a rush to go chasing.

Go Chique
    4f Crillon - Similaresisoldofa
    Middleham Park Racing CX
    RPR 98h
    A lovely looker, she won a Southwell bumper in style and I'm optimistic she can build on her hurdling debut.

Go Sacre Go
    4g Network - Altesse Sacree
    G L Porter
    P-
    RPR - OR -
    From the family of Sprinter Sacre and immature like him, he's a stunning youngster who may need time, but he's grown and developed outstandingly over the summer.

Goodbye Stranger
    3g Kapgarde - Romaneda
    Unraced
    He came via the same French connections as We Have A Dream and could start in a bumper or juvenile hurdle. He ticks the boxes, but we don't know much about him.

Gold Present
    10g Presenting - Ouro Preto
    Mr And Mrs J D Cotton
    P/39F2/9-
    RPR 158c OR 150c
    He's an old favourite who is consistent and classy and takes in all the big meetings. He's had a wind operation, so I'm looking forward to seeing him back, particularly on good ground.

Dark horse
    Gran Luna

4f Spanish Moon - Coppena
    Surrey Racing (GL)
    1-
    RPR 93b
    We saw plenty right from the start with this filly and she landed what I think was a strong bumper at Newbury before the sales bumper at the track, which we'd been eyeing, was cancelled due to the coronavirus. My hopes are high she can reach the top in mares' novice hurdles and show how talented she is.

Grand Mogul
    6g Presenting - Oligarch Society
    Mrs Christopher Hanbury
    4/1/P6-1
    RPR 130h
    I thought his win at Chepstow last week was great and sometimes when horses arrive from Ireland they can just take a year to acclimatise and that performance was completely different to anything we saw last season. He was very professional and jumped beautifully.

Gunnery
    7g Le Havre - Loup The Loup
    Mrs Fitri Hay
    21016-6
    RPR 122h OR 128h
    Likeable and capable, he's rated quite highly over hurdles. We couldn't run at Chepstow last month because of the quick ground but goes to Plumpton on Monday.

Haul Away
    7g Stowaway - Lisacul Queen
    Robert Kirkland
    147/4-42
    RPR 125c OR 123c
    A four-time hurdle winner, he has the credentials for chasing and we've just done a wind operation, which will hopefully help.

Heross Du Seuil
    3g Rail Link - Tulipe Du Seuil
    Mrs J Donnelly
    A recent arrival who won a bumper in France, he's a gorgeous horse from Defi Du Seuil's family. He could start in a juvenile hurdle before Christmas and his schooling has been a pleasure to watch, but bumpers are an option. He's one to note.

Hijack
    5g Fame And Glory - Etoile Margot
    Highclere Thoroughbred Racing - Fame
    5113-20
    RPR 129h OR 130h
    He was productive last season, winning two novice hurdles, but his jumping got caught out a little on lively ground at Cheltenham last month. He likes softer conditions, which he'll get now.

Hooper
    4g Rip Van Winkle - Earth Amber
    Pump & Plant Services Ltd
    6-12
    RPR 116h
    He won at Stratford but was second at Market Rasen last time, which was annoying as he probably shouldn't have been beaten. He'll put that right soon.

Hurling Magic
    6g Doyen - Distelle
    Owners Group 035
    2/ (point-to-point)
    RPR 89p
    He was going pleasingly a year ago but had a problem and we put him away, which won't hurt him. He's a fine prospect and I'm looking forward to him.

I Am Maximus
    4g Authorized - Polysheba
    Claudio Michael Grech
    RPR 125b
    It's great to have Mike Grech back in the yard and this is a lovely horse who was impressive at Cheltenham on his debut recently, but we'll go quietly as he's all about the future. I doubt we'll go hurdling this season as he's only a baby and we want to mind him, but he'll be very good.

Igor
    7g Presenting - Stravinsky Dance
    Mhankin Cnoell Menholding Rwaley-Cohen
    216640-
    RPR 131h OR 130h
    He produced some solid displays over hurdles but is an out-and-out chaser and could be good over fences. He stays and copes with soft ground.

Indian Glory
    5m Fame And Glory - Real Papoose
    International Plywood (Importers) Ltd
    9-
    RPR 85b
    She's better than her Huntingdon run and is going well now.

It Sure Is
    5g Shirocco - Stay At Home Mum
    Mrs J Donnelly
    248-
    RPR 125h OR 125h
    He's a gorgeous horse who is better than he's shown as things didn't work out last term. He's done well over the summer and goes chasing.

Janika
    7g Saddler Maker - Majaka
    4/14442-
    RPR 167c OR 162c
    His Haldon Gold Cup victory last year was sweet as it's not easy to find opportunities for him. He's had his soft palate cauterised and we'll try to stick to two and a half miles, maybe mixing hurdles and fences if he continues to come up short in Grade 1s.

Jen's Boy
    6g Malinas - Friendly Craic
    Middleham Park Racing CV
    42-222P
    RPR 123c OR 115c
    We switched him to fences in the summer and he barely put a foot wrong, finishing second three times, but he pulled some muscles at Cheltenham last time, which was his final run for a while anyway as he's a top-of-the-ground. He'll be fine and we'll see him in the spring.

Known
    6g Fame And Glory - Aasleagh Lady
    The Rose And Thistle Partnership
    4453-3
    RPR 120h OR 119h
    The handicapper responded accordingly to his third in a typically hot Newbury novice hurdle and he'll take a step forward from his outing at Ascot on Saturday. Wants two and a half miles and fences in time.

L'Ami Serge
    10g King's Theatre - La Zingarella
    81/7/27P-
    RPR 162h OR 152h
    It was great to have him back last season. He's been a smashing horse and showed he retained his ability when going close in Ascot's Long Walk Hurdle. We probably need to think about two and a half miles when it's testing. I'd love to see him shine again this term.

Laughing Luis
    6g Authorized - Leitzu
    John Sillett
    71519/3-
    RPR 125h OR 125h
    He was progressive over hurdles two seasons ago but got a leg and is slowly coming back. I'm hopeful he'll pick up where he left off.

Lecale's Article
    6g Malinas - Brookville
    Mrs J Donnelly
    1/ (point-to-point)
    RPR 93p
    He's a big, strong horse, a prepossessing future chaser. He'd delighted us at home but suffered a tendon injury so he's been off. I suppose we'll start over hurdles on some genuine winter ground.

Lelantos
    4g Presenting - Western Focus
    Middleham Park Racing Xci
    RPR 95b
    He ran a promising race in his bumper at Hexham and will have learned a lot.

Lilly Pedlar
    5m Yeats - Mathine
    Hot To Trot Jumping
    7/5-
    RPR 92b
    She's big but lean and might always be. She schooled plenty at the backend of last season and is ready for hurdling.

Lust For Glory
    7m Getaway - Maisie Presenting
    Annabel Waley-Cohen And Family
    05/2042-
    RPR 119c OR 134c
    We've always had a high opinion of this attractive mare. Her future is over fences, but the one caveat is that good ground is terribly important.

Marie's Rock
    5m Milan - By The Hour
    Middleham Park Racing XLII
    111-
    RPR 136h OR 144h
    She missed her big day in the mares' novice at Cheltenham after a stress fracture, which wasn't serious. She's summered well, has an enormous engine and is exciting. We've tinkered with her soft palate and hopefully she's top class.

Mengli Khan
    7g Lope De Vega - Danielli
    M A R Blencowe
    33-1641
    RPR 155c OR 148c
    He's got some first-rate form in Ireland and looked as good as ever last time. We bought him for Michael Blencowe, who has some youngsters with us but wanted a ready-made runner to have some fun with while we wait for those babies. Buying off Gordon Elliott may seem slightly strange, but the change of scenery might help.

Might Bite
    11g Scorpion - Knotted Midge
    The Knot Again Partnership
    P/UP37-5
    RPR 173c OR 152c
    We've had some magical days with him, including his crazy RSA success, King George triumph and heroic Gold Cup second, although the wheels came off last season. Saturday at Ascot, however, was miles better - terrific - and we were thrilled with him. It was the old Might BIte enjoying himself. He got tired on that ground, but was entitled to. The plan was one run and then head down the cross-country route because he loved that last term.

Mill Green
    8g Black Sam Bellamy - Ceilidh Royal
    Mrs Rita Brown
    343/1P6-
    RPR 140h OR 141h
    He was progressive over hurdles but has the make and shape of a chaser. He stays two and a half miles, so he could get three and be a useful sort.

Mind Sunday
    4f Never On Sunday - Mind Master
    Walters Plant Hire Ltd
    00-
    RPR 64b
    I don't know a lot about this big, scopey filly. She didn't excel in two runs in Ireland but her connections there thought a lot of her.

Miss Farage
    5m Sans Frontieres - Maid Of Might
    Turf Club 2018
    3-112
    RPR 113 OR 116h
    She's been doing well and won a bumper and maiden hurdle. I'm optimistic she can progress further.

Mister Coffey
    5g Authorized - Mamitador
    Lady Bamford & Alice Bamford
    1/12-
    RPR 127h OR 128h
    He was impressive at Newbury, but his next start at Huntingdon was a catastrophe and he took off with Nico. I've no idea why and he didn't have a chance to redeem himself. He wants another run over hurdles – over two miles – and then he could go chasing.

Mister Fisher
    6g Jeremy - That's Amazing
    James and Jean Potter
    8/72114-
    RPR 160c OR 155c
    We've always held him in the highest regard and he won twice over fences before coming fourth in the Marsh at Cheltenham on soft ground, which was a fine run as he's better on good. He looks fantastic and can progress again. I think he'll start at two and a half miles, although three miles could be on the agenda soon. He's in fabulous form and was electric schooling two weeks ago.

Monte Cristo
    4g Montmartre - Rylara Des Brosses
    62141-8
    RPR 124h OR 136h
    Another who needed his first run, having a big blow at Aintree after getting to the third-last on the bridle. We've not seen the best of him.

Morning Vicar
    7g Beneficial - Mary's Little Vic
    The Parishioners
    317/2F-2
    RPR 132c OR 129c
    I was delighted with his run at Uttoxeter as he'd had a bad fall at Newbury over Christmas. He did everything right at Uttoxeter but was just caught and beaten, which happens.

My Whirlwind
    5m Stowaway - Garranlea Maree
    John P McManus
    1/ (point-to-point)
    RPR 86p
    She's beautiful but things didn't go her way last season, so we left her. She's back looking absolutely fabulous. She starts hurdling but is a chaser in time.

Nanabelle
    4f Archange D'Or - Lias City
    115-0
    RPR 121h OR 125h
    Won twice in France and running her at Market Rasen in February after she'd only just arrived was a mistake. She needed her run at Cheltenham two weeks ago, but we had to get her started.

No Ordinary Joe
    4g Getaway - Shadow Dearg
    John P McManus
    Unraced
    He excited us in the spring as he prepared for the sales bumper at Newbury. He's a cracking prospect and could start in a bumper, but he jumps for fun. He has a fantastic future.

OK Coral
    10g Mahler - Acoola
    John P McManus
    11P/091-
    RPR 157c OR 153c
    He wasn't easy to train as a youngster but has improved with age and won January's Sky Bet Chase at Doncaster, which was his prep for the National. I hope we can have a really good go at Aintree this time. I looked forward to watching the virtual Grand National in the spring, which I thought he was sure to win having starred in one of the most renowned trials. But, would you believe it, he refused, and that to me was about the biggest insult in the whole of last season!

On The Blind Side
    8g Stowaway - Such A Set Up
    A D Spence
    2/4P231-
    RPR 152c OR 145c
    He's hard to place and is high enough in the handicap but he probably prefers small fields. He won an all-weather bumper at Newcastle in February, but racing ended before we could see if it got his confidence back.

One Handsome Dude
    5g Canford Cliffs - Allegrina
    Steve & Jolene De'Lemos
    340/0-
    RPR 99b
    He had a few bumper runs and has thrived over the summer, so I hope he can make a name for himself over hurdles.

Overpriced Mixer
    3g Harbour Watch - Chincoteague
    Owners Group 051
    RPR 110h
    That was an amazing performance at Kempton two weeks ago when he jinked going to the last and the saddle slipped. Nico did well to stay on top before the horse picked up again and won well.

Palladium
    4g Champs Elysees - Galicuix
    A Meade, G Van Geest, E Kelvin-Hughes
    211P-7
    RPR 135h OR 135h
    He did well as a juvenile last winter but I was disappointed with him at Market Rasen. I thought two and a half miles would suit him down to the ground.

Paris Dixie
    5m Champs Elysees - Last Of The Dixies
    Owners Group 037
    0331/2
    RPR 110h
    She ran a bold race at Chepstow last month having been off for a long time. It was a very good comeback performance and we'll have some fun with her.

Paros
    3g Masterstroke - Soft Blue
    Middleham Park Racing CXXV
    1-
    He impressed at Dieppe in May. He seems an ideal juvenile and exciting type for the Middleham Park team. I imagine he'll want some cut.

Patroclus
    4g Shirocco - King'sandqueen's
    Walters Plant Hire and James & Jean Potter
    2- (point-to-point)
    RPR 90p
    A powerful, striking future chaser, he'll be hurdling first and has pace, so I hope he'll enjoy a constructive season. I absolutely love him.

Pipesmoker
    5g Authorized - Pisa
    Lady Dulverton
    232-
    RPR 135h OR 137h
    Mindful of his novice status, we ran him in grown-up races last season, but he was eyecatching and his maiden tag is a huge bonus. He's had a fabulous summer and it will be disappointing if he isn't among my leading novice hurdlers.

Pistol Whipped
    6g Beneficial - Holiday Time
    A Speelman & M Speelman
    1P/1F50-
    RPR 141c OR 134c
    He shaped with promise over fences last term and can improve as he's developed considerably during the off-season. We've removed a sarcoid [skin tumour] off his wither and it's taken six weeks to clear up, which is frustrating as he should be out now.

Post War
    9g Nayef - Antebellum
    The Duke Of Bedford & Dr Jerome Poupel
    36/13/6-
    RPR 114c OR 123c
    He's big and had time off before his debut over fences at Newbury, which was encouraging. I've no doubt he'll make a useful staying chaser on soft ground if he remains in one piece.

Precious Cargo
    7g Yeats - Kilbarry Classic
    Thomas Barr
    16/123F-
    RPR 151c OR 145c
    He's huge. He did well over fences last term and has enjoyed an excellent summer in the field. I'd like to think he'll improve. I think he wants soft ground and possibly three miles even though he's won over two. I adore him.

Pym
    7g Stowaway - Liss Rua
    Mrs Patricia Pugh
    0/211PP-
    RPR 151c OR 150c
    Honest and uncomplicated, he shone when switched to fences but didn't fire on bad ground in the Reynoldstown and the RSA was probably a bit tough. He came out of all that in fine fettle and can step up again.

Rather Be
    9g Oscar - Irish Wedding
    Eventmasters Racing
    12/B59P/
    RPR 153c OR 143c
    A talented novice chaser in 2017-18, he bumped into a problem which forced us to draw stumps, but he's in full work and remains a smart prospect. It would be great to get him back to his best.

Rathhill
    7g Getaway - Bella Venezia
    John P McManus
    14/00-
    RPR 138h OR 133h
    He made a wonderful start for us but then disappointed in the Tolworth and it's been the same story since with issues and interruptions. However, he has potential as a chaser and has been schooling and schooling and schooling, and it's gone magnificently. He could be a top-class horse and I believe in him big time, even if other people don't.

Star quality
    Santani

8g Milan - Tinagoodnight
    Mr & Mrs R Kelvin-Hughes
    132/112-
    RPR 175c OR 172c
    He's never put a foot wrong. It wasn't an earth-shattering start to last season at Sandown, but the plan had been to get to the Gold Cup via the Cotswold Chase, which he was great in. I'm proud of what he did for an inexperienced horse in the Gold Cup when he jumped beautifully but probably lacked a gear. He looks tremendous, bigger than ever, and I hope there's improvement en route to the Gold Cup, although I don't think that will involve lots of races. We'll try to start in Haydock's Betfair Chase and then I suspect it'll be the Cotswold Chase, but there's only one day that matters and it's in March.

Scarpia
    6g Sans Frontieres - Bunglasha Lady
    Mrs T Brown
    24-
    RPR 107b
    He ran with credit in bumpers, although his Fakenham run was trainer error as that's not a great track for a scopey individual. He's schooled nicely so we're looking forward to hurdling.

Settie Hill
    7g Cape Blanco - Claire Soleil
    Michael Buckley & Lord Vestey
    92/1U1/3-
    RPR 139h OR 140h
    He's fragile but talented. He could be a smart hurdler if we get a clean run, but he has the build for fences when the time comes.

Star quality
    Shishkin

6g Sholokhov - Labarynth
    Mrs J Donnelly
    1/F111-
    RPR 162h OR 159h
    He made considerable physical progress last summer and was impressive at Newbury after falling there. He was then even better in the Sidney Banks and showed tremendous pace, so we plumped for the Supreme, which he was lucky not to be carried out in. Nico managed to get him back in the race and it was a phenomenal performance considering that. He's got the lot and you could see him as a Champion Hurdle horse, but the Arkle's his objective. He schooled over fences for the first time two Thursdays ago and I've only seen two other horses do what he did. They were both big, both ran in the Supreme, won the Arkle and won the Champion Chase, but I'm not going to say any more! What Shishkin did was unreal.

Son Of Camas
    5g Creachadoir - Camas
    Sullivan Bloodstock Limited
    0113P-
    RPR 131h OR 133h
    We're fond of him and he's a big future over fences – he could be top class. He's had a wind operation over the summer and could improve for time and going two and a half miles.

Steal A March
    5g Mount Nelson - Side Step
    The Queen
    4414-
    RPR 117h OR 115h
    He's potentially very nice. He jumps accurately and should stay well. Chasing is likely to be on the menu, but there might be unfinished business over hurdles first.

Storm Of Intrigue
    8g Oscar - Storminoora
    Oscar Singh & Miss Priya Purewal
    10/3/
    RPR 129h
    Last seen in a hot novice hurdle at Newbury, he's had niggles but everything is going the right way now. He's a gorgeous big type and seems all over a chaser. I love him.

Style De Garde
    6g Kapgarde - Anowe De Jelois
    Highclere Thoroughbred Racing - Style
    R2203/3
    RPR 138h OR 132h
    He's had a slightly chequered career, but there's no doubt he's got ability and he'll do well if everything stays in place.

Sunrise Ruby
    6m Sholokhov - Maryota
    Blunt, Breslin, Duffy, Slattery
    3/225-11
    RPR 127h OR 128h
    She should have won last season but has made up for lost time by winning twice this autumn. She's undoubtedly going the right way.

Terrefort
    7g Martaline - Vie De Reine
    21/432P/
    RPR 164c OR 157c
    He was a revelation for us as a novice chaser with Grade 1 wins in the Scilly Isles and Mildmay, but things have not panned out since and last season was a write-off when he shook up a leg and contracted a disease that resulted in him losing his nearside
    eye. Many horses deal with that and he's got a marvellous temperament, so I think he'll cope and we know he's got the ability.

The Bomber Liston
    4g Yeats - True Britannia
    John P McManus
    RPR 103b
    He ran at Ffos Las the other day and everything went wrong, but he's a lovely horse for hurdling.

The Cashel Man
    8g High Chaparral - Hadarama
    Mrs Fitri Hay
    11210-4
    RPR 121c OR 142c
    The most amazingly consistent horse on the Flat and over hurdles, he made his chasing debut last month and probably didn't need three miles first time out, but it was somewhere to go and he jumped well. He did nothing wrong and just tired.

Theinval
    10g Smadoun - Kineeves
    Mr & Mrs Sandy Orr
    936/FP5-
    RPR 154c OR 140c
    He's a tremendous performer and one of the most consistent horses we've had, although he doesn't want to be in front too early. He loves fast ground so we hope to have this lovable character out for the better races.

Timberman
    5g Califet - Millrock Lady
    J Turner
    25-
    RPR 119h
    He ran well on his debut but then disappointed over hurdles last season and racing ended before we could restart. Putting him in the field has been to his benefit and he jumps terrifically, so the outlook is bright.

Time Flies By
    5g Getaway - What A Mewsment
    John P McManus
    1235-
    RPR 131h
    Being a maiden over hurdles will stand him in good stead and I hope he's an exciting youngster for the top novices. He does everything right and could go far.

Top Notch
    9g Poliglote - Topira
    10P/113-
    RPR 169c OR 159c
    He's just a star. He's won every season he's been here and is a delight to have around. His first target will be to win the Peterborough Chase for the third time and we could give him a prep over fences or hurdles.

Valtor
    11g Nidor - Jossca
    0/1532-0
    RPR 159c OR 150c
    A grand servant who went with zest for a long way at Ascot on Saturday, but he's a lazy horse at home so might take more getting ready than some, especially at his age, although that means he's eligible for veterans' races, which might open some good doors.

Vegas Blue
    5m Getaway - Bella Venezia
    Crimbourne Bloodstock
    115-1
    RPR 123h
    She bolted up at Huntingdon last month, which she probably should have done last season. She's another exciting Getaway mare for her team.

Verdana Blue
    8m Getaway - Blue Gallery
    Mrs Doreen Tabor
    151/4-22
    RPR 163h OR 155h
    Wetherby on Saturday was frustrating, but she ran a good race and travelled strongly. She just doesn't find her gear change on that soft ground, but stayed on and jumped well. Conditions were also against her at Royal Ascot and in the Ebor, but she still ran fantastically. She's back safe and sound so we'll crack on and discuss plans with Michael and Doreen Tabor.

Versatility
    6g Yeats - Stravinksy Dance
    Barrow Boys 2
    1349-U5
    RPR 124c OR 121c
    He's had two runs over fences this autumn and is getting there. He's a good, solid soldier who keeps improving. He'll run again soon.

Voyage De Retour
    8g Craigsteel - Taipers
    Mrs Robert Bingley
    6/3-8
    RPR 118h
    He's had all sorts of problems but the Bingleys are the most lovely people so I'm desperate for him to do well. He should improve for his recent run at Lingfield and can win a novice hurdle soon.

Welsh Saint
    6g Saint Des Saints - Minirose
    Walters Plant Hire & Potter Group
    F21310-
    RPR 139h OR 138h
    His run in the Pertemps Final was disappointing but he'd been encouraging otherwise. He switches to fences as he's always been a sound jumper. He's back bigger and stronger.

Whatswrongwithyou
    9g Bienamado - Greenfield Noora
    Seven Barrows Limited
    178/P57-
    RPR 146c OR 137c
    He's a consistent sort who runs at the major festivals. He relishes soft ground but wants further than two miles now.

Whitlock
    5g Dutch Art - Barynya
    Lady Lloyd-Webber
    RPR 84h
    He disappointed at Ludlow recently when I thought he'd go close. He dropped out horribly quickly, but I like him a lot.

Will Carver
    5g Califet - Rock Angel
    Owners Group 064
    F41- (point-to-point)
    RPR 87p
    He's a wonderful prospect from the point sphere. He looks the part and could be exciting for his big team of supporters.

Unraced horses

As usual we have a host of mouthwatering youngsters at Seven Barrows and they include Dusart, a big, athletic half-brother to our dear friend Simonsig who has a superb temperament and a great way of going. Like Simonsig, he's owned by Ronnie Bartlett.

Robert Kirkland has Italian Legend, who gives us the right vibes and hopefully it won't be long before he runs. He's got pace and jumps well.

Percussion, an attractive gelding for the Casablanca Mix team who is straightforward to deal with, and Valsheda, a spectacular, big boy with a delightful temperament who'll carry the Santini silks of Richard and Lizzie Kelvin-Hughes, are other five-year-olds to note.

Doddiethegreat was weak in the spring but has matured and strengthened into a horse of immense upside. I don't know much about him but hope he's as talented as Honeysuckle for owner Kenny Alexander.

I love Firestep so much I recently bought his three-year-old half-sister. He's owned by Charlie Dingwall and some pals and does everything right.

The Queen's Rapid Flight jumps beautifully and would have run in a backend bumper if there'd been a backend, although lockdown was probably in Mot A Mot's favour as he was a big, weak baby. He's bigger and stronger now and has loads of potential for Dai Walters and James and Jean Potter.

Thomas Barr's Blairgowrie is probably in the same camp. He looks magnicent so we'll push on when the ground is suitable.

I couldn't resist buying Major Sting, who is stunning, as I'm still a fan of Scorpion – Might Bite's sire – and his granddam Will I Or Wont I is a sister to Amtrak Express, who was our first winner after we moved to Seven Barrows in 1992 under a certain Charlie Vigors.

Moonlight Flit, a Getaway, will be in the Thurloe Thoroughbreds colours and looks a bit special, while At Poets Cross is related to the talented At Fishers Cross and is a promising youngster who was going nicely in the spring. He'll represent the Henry Ponsonby brigade, which also has Commodore Miller, a three-year-old who could come to hand earlier than some and appears the part, and a fabulous unnamed Blue Bresil to dream about.

Surrey Racing's sharp Surrey Quest might be an ideal candidate for the sales bumper at Newbury in March, for which they would have had Gran Luna last season but for Covid-19.

Unique Financial Partnership can look forward to the handsome Russian Ruler, who is by Shishkin's sire Sholokhov from Special Tiara's family, and Clean Getaway, an exceptional model who might not take long, which could be the same for Hyland, a striking Turgeon for the Speelmans.

Altior's unnamed Milan half-brother is imposing and talented and appears the finished article for Sue Magnier, who has a knockout Fame And Glory four-year-old with Pat Shanahan, while Jared Sullivan and Chris Giles own a Yeats four-year-old with no end of potential.

The Middleham Park team have a trio of exciting three-year-olds, including a cracking Kapgarde gelding, an outstanding Universal and a Blue Bresil with wonderful presence.

I was over the moon to get a Walk In The Park three-year-old for Michael Blencowe, who also has an athletic Mount Nelson to make a note of.

The programme for mares seems to get better and better and we have some gorgeous types, including Santini's High Chaparral half-sister for JP McManus and the Queen's Hamilton's Fantasy, who was ready in the spring and can hopefully make up for lost time, while I imagine we'll start Amazing Presence, who is owned by Sharon Kinsella and Jane Allison, in a bumper. She's lovely.

Barely Famous is from the family of Bond's Lover and our old ally Captain Conan and I know she did some nice work in Ireland in the spring. We can't wait to run her, probably in a bumper for the Hanburys.

Parisian Blue is the latest Getaway filly for the Crimbourne Bloodstock axis that had such fun with Verdana Blue. She could go hurdling but has shown enough to suggest she'd win a bumper, and I hope that's the case with Miss Fisher, the Potter family's Libertarian half-sister to Mister Fisher. She'd have run in a spring bumper and run very well.

Rosemary Tennant has had horses with us for many years and hopefully we can have some fun with Meadowsweet, who has shown a considerable amount.

Fantastic Lady is an attractive and professional half-sister to Casablanca Mix for the same connections and jumps so well we might not bother with a bumper.

Marmalaid is an adorable new three-year-old and I can't wait to see what she's capable of for Dominic Burke and Peter Alderson, while Tweed Skirt is beautiful and if she's as good as she looks we could be in business.

We also have some three-year-old geldings who could be anything for sale, starting with Rudy Caprice, a fantastic-moving son of Sholokhov.

There's a fine Flemensfirth, a Doctor Dino who has been a pleasure to deal with and a grand Getaway, who could come to hand quickly, which may also apply to a quality Sinndar.

Two for the tracker

Son Of Camas should be a high-class novice chaser and Pipesmoker is a novice hurdler to follow.

Expert view

The problem with trying to pick horses to follow out of Nicky Henderson's yard is trying not to be too obvious.

The likes of Shishkin, Epatante, Champ and Santini all pick themselves, while the pre-season talk about Sprinter Sacre's half-brother Flinteur Sacre has almost conferred upon him superstar status without him ever jumping in public.

My three from the yard will hopefully slide a little bit further under the radar, starting with Glynn, who is probably going to have to go handicapping having won his sole start in a maiden hurdle at Doncaster in January by a ridiculously easy 11 lengths.

The fifth, sixth and seventh, all beaten in excess of 30 lengths, all finished second next time and there's little doubt Glynn has the potential to turn into a very useful hurdler this season.

That success was over just shy of two and a half miles so it will be interesting to see where he goes in terms of trip, but he certainly didn't look short of speed.

Marie's Rock feels like the one who got away last season as I had some fancy prices about her for the mares' novice hurdle, but she suffered a minor stress fracture and missed the race – although she might have been in trouble anyway considering how well Concertista won.

It's good to hear that Henderson is still excited by her though, and her change of gear, so evident when she ran clean away from her rivals in a Listed novice at Taunton when last seen, is going to be a potent weapon.

She has a long way to go if she is to give Henderson a first win in the Mares' Hurdle at Cheltenham (and Britain only a third), but don't be surprised if she lines up with a chance come March.

Precious Cargo made a promising start to his chase career last term and may well have a good handicap prize in him. Although arguably beaten when he came down two out in the novice handicap chase won by Imperial Aura at the festival, it would be foolish to think the trip got to him given his pedigree.

He had jumped beautifully from the front until then in a really competitive race full of well-handicapped novices, so I wouldn't worry about that fall.

That was also his first attempt in a handicap and in a big field over obstacles and, given his size and the fact he has run only four times over fences, you would expect him to really come into his own this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,742 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

I would love might bite to have a tilt at the national

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭ustari

For the stable tours, it may be worth putting them into a spoiler to reduce down the length on the page.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

I am laying Cyrname 4 places for the Gold Cup. There is too many other definite stayers. Wetherby is no Cheltenham there is an extra 550 yards up a big dirty hill with 2 fences on it, he has not a hope and I would advise all to save their money.

I agree for the most part but I have to say that the two fences are very much in Cyrname and Frodon's favour.
    Coneygree wrote: »
    He must be a freak of a horse considering how nearly every other Tizzard horse has been shocking with some time.

Same can be said for The Big Breakaway - we will know more in the next hour, but I think he was the takeaway horse from that race considering the way the race unfolded and how Tizzard's horses were running at the time. My RSA antepost bet could look foolish very soon!

Pogue eile wrote: »
    I agree for the most part but I have to say that the two fences are very much in Cyrname and Frodon's favour.

Same can be said for The Big Breakaway - we will know more in the next hour, but I think he was the takeaway horse from that race considering the way the race unfolded and how Tizzard's horses were running at the time. My RSA antepost bet could look foolish very soon!

tizzards pull the horse due to unsuitable ground

the ground is described as good . phucking joke.

if a horse cant run on good national hunt ground then he may forget about it

Disappointing that. I'll keep the faith in the horse though and still fancy him for the RSA, although my faith in Tizzard is a different matter altogether. What in the name of God is he doing to the horses with the greater part of a year now. Aul Thistlecrack might actually still have something to offer if the yard had any bit of form!

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭MickyPearse

Disappointing that. I'll keep the faith in the horse though and still fancy him for the RSA, although my faith in Tizzard is a different matter altogether. What in the name of God is he doing to the horses with the greater part of a year now. Aul Thistlecrack might actually still have something to offer if the yard had any bit of form!

hahah his kids playing out the back with Native River and Thistlecrack. Colin has forgotten about them

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

Smart enough performance from Dusart earlier

The Mig wrote: »

I think the time to start backing Henderson's is upon us. You can see the difference in SP's the last few days and they are hosing up. Only the 4 winners and 2 places from 8 runners today.

Yeah he’s hitting form alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Thought he was very impressively. Novice hurdle category extremely strong. Wonder where he'll end up, Ballymore? Or Supreme?

Simonsig won the Ballymore I think?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

Slattsy wrote: »
    Thought he was very impressively. Novice hurdle category extremely strong. Wonder where he'll end up, Ballymore? Or Supreme?

This years supreme could be incredible

Strongly run supreme id say would suit him down to the ground

• Advertisement

sceau royal is an absolute penalty kick and a raging bet at 11/10 tomorrow

change my mind

change my mind

Couldn't put you off really but I do think that Solo is much better that he's rating of 149, he will need to be as he is effectively 9lbs behind Sceau Royal on that rating, but he is a 4 y/o that is open to massive improvement and Nicholls has been very sweet on him - Nicholls on a Saturday in November!!

I have decided to stay clear of the race to be honest as they both have an entry in the Greatwood so this might not be their target at all

Couldn't put you off really but I do think that Solo is much better that he's rating of 149, he will need to be as he is effectively 9lbs behind Sceau Royal on that rating, but he is a 4 y/o that is open to massive improvement and Nicholls has been very sweet on him - Nicholls on a Saturday in November!!

I have decided to stay clear of the race to be honest as they both have an entry in the Greatwood so this might not be their target at all

Thought Tizzards was interesting here. Probably no bet for me however.

Thought Tizzards was interesting here. Probably no bet for me however.

I cant recall but did he have an injury last year that he missed the festival? He was fairly prominent in the Supreme betting at one point. I excluded him based on the yards form and also he has run 3 times after a layoff and failed to win on all 3 occasions. Definitely an interesting runner. It could be a very informative race.

Allmankind was very impressive today

• Advertisement

I think the time to start backing Henderson's is upon us. You can see the difference in SP's the last few days and they are hosing up. Only the 4 winners and 2 places from 8 runners today.

The problem with Hendersons at this time of the year is that they are so well found in the market, this week he is running at a 50% strike rate from ten runners but the biggest price winner has been 5/2. You wont make money from blindly backing Henderson horses even when he is running this hot.

Allmankind was very impressive today

People have been trying to dismiss the form of the Triumph because they dont want to believe how good Goshen is, they will learn the hard way :D

If Goshen was trained by Henderson or Mullins he would be even money not the insane gift of 8/1 - unfortunately he is trained by Moore, but not even that will stop this lad!

The problem with Hendersons at this time of the year is that they are so well found in the market, this week he is running at a 50% strike rate from ten runners but the biggest price winner has been 5/2. You wont make money from blindly backing Henderson horses even when he is running this hot.

I hear you, but you can afford to be cute too. I would rather be backing a trier at 5/2 than a horse out for a jog at 7/1. Them is the breaks and that is the gamble. I am not an odds on punter, but if you have your wits about you a few quid can be made.

change my mind

He is not a penalty kick and has not won consecutive races over hurdles since 2016. I think he got in nicely in the Welsh Champion but I would be worried about a proper early season Grade 2.

Both Paul Nicholls runners could be anything although I prefer Ms Frost in the saddle over fences, she is not a great hurdle jockey. Both are not great prices.

To be honest I can see myself having a score on Tizzards' at around 15/2, win only. I mean he has had a slow start and all but Robbie Power is back on board and he won a grade 2 novice last year, the horse could be anything. I will wait until tomorrow morning as if he drift it would look like there is no stable money, but at the prices I would rather lose a score there then 140 on Sceau Royal, just saying. If Sceau Royal wins I am sorry for putting you off but in fairness it is not a good bet considering the price and the opposition, it is a trappy enough race and Sceau Royal is not a consistent nag the last few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Plasandrunt

Have a 4 fold roll on acc of Allmankind today, Sceau Royal tomorrow, Envoi Allen Marsh and Galvin NHC.

Looking at Sceau Royal's form, his poor win rate over the past 2 years is due to the company he's been in with and he's still managed some very decent places in these races. Tomorrow's field has nothing like the standard Sceau Royal has encountered lately and I'd be pretty confident he wins. Especially with a run under his belt already and getting weight

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭stretchaq

Eight and Bob and Summerville boy

Singles and doubles

Backed eight and Bob but have a feeling on you knowwhatimeanharry maybe might invest a few quid ew

Sceau royal is a grade 1 animal.

I think he just sluices up

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭del roy

Don't know if people want this on here or not but give me the thumbs up if you want sh!t like this.

WINCANTON: Badger Ales Trophy Chase Day

Wincanton Horse Racing Trends (ITV/RacingTV)

1.50 – Richard Barber Memorial Mares’ Handicap Hurdle Cl2 (4yo+) 2m5f ITV4

13/13 – Returned 12/1 or shorter in the betting
    11/13 – Didn’t win last time out
    11/13 – Aged 7 or younger
    10/13 – Returned 13/2 or shorter in the betting
    9/13 – Had won over at least 2m4f before (hurdles)
    8/13 – Rated between 119-129
    9/13 – Carried 11-0 or less in weight
    9/13 – Had won at least twice before (hurdles)
    8/13 – Finished 2nd, 3rd or 4th last time out
    8/13 – Had raced in the last 4 weeks
    6/13 – Had run at the track before
    7/13 – Irish bred
    7/13 – Aged 6 years-old
    5/13 – Raced at Chepstow last time out
    3/13 – Winning favourites
    2/13 – Trained by Nigel Twiston-Davies
    2/13 – Trained by Paul Nicholls (2 of the last 9)
    2/13 – Trained by Harry Fry (2 of the last 7)
    2/13 – Ridden by Paddy Brennan
    Misty Bloom (9/2) won the race in 2019 (Emma Lavelle)

TQ VERDICT: Some big jumping yards on show here and it will probably pay to stick with them. Nicky Henderson runs Sunrise Ruby, who has won her last two in decent fashion and gets a lot of weight from most of the others, but this step up in grade will certainly require more. Nicholls has two big chances too with CD winner Cill Anna and EGLANTINE DU SEUILL in the race. The former is a fast-improving mare that has won her last three and the fact she stays further will be a plus in conditions. However, the former runs for the first time for Nicholls after showing a good level of form for Willie Mullins – including winning the 2019 Mares’ Novice Hurdle at the Cheltenham Festival. Okay, she’s not won since that day but has clearly had a few issues. A recent wind op is interesting though, while the fact Nicholls is putting up the useful claimer – Bryan Carver, to claim 5lbs, also catches the eye. Last season he ran well in a decent handicap at the Leopardstown Festival in February and has also run the likes of Stormy Island, Honeysuckle and Reserve Tank close during her career. Nicholls might have to work some magic with her, but she’s clearly got ability and has gone okay fresh in the past – this looks a nice place for Nicholls to test the water with her. Of the rest, It’s Probably Me, Molly Ollys Wishes, Perfect Myth and Midnightreflection are others that have shown a good level of form, but last year’s winner of the race – MISTY BLOOM (e/w) – might also warrant a small saver. Yes, she’s lost her way a bit since, but was an easy 6 length winner of this race 12 months ago and is only rated 4lbs higher.

2.25 - ‘Rising Stars’ Novices Chase (Grade 2) Cl1 (4yo+) 2m4f ITV4

13/13 – Had won no more than twice over fences
    12/13 – Ran in the last 6 weeks
    11/13 – Favourites placed
    11/13 – Returned 5/2 or shorter in the betting
    11/13 – Finished in the top 3 last time out
    10/13 – Irish (6) or French (4) bred
    9/13 – Had won over 2m3f or further (Chase)
    9/13 – Aged 6 or younger
    8/13 – Won last time out
    8/13 – Winning favourites
    7/13 – Trained by Paul Nicholls
    2/13 – Ridden by Daryl Jacob
    10 of the last 11 winners were aged between 5-7
    Reserve Tank (4/5 fav) won the race in 2019 (Colin Tizzard)

TQ VERDICT: Only the three runners heading to post here but it still looks a nice little race. The Jamie Snowden runner – Ga Law – has caught the eye in winning his only two starts over fences and certainly can’t be ruled out. He gets a lot of weight from the other two in the race too and is certainly going the right way to warrant a crack at this better company. He’s jumped well on the whole and likes to make the running so more of the same can be expected here and if getting into a rhythm up top could easily stretch the others with that low weight. Hurricane Harvey won well on his chase debut too at Uttoxeter and the form of that win looks solid with some fair sorts in behind. However, the clear top-rated hurdler in the race is GRAND SANCY and having made a good transition to fences now looks the one to beat. The Paul Nicholls yard have a cracking record in this race too – winning it 5 times in the last 9 runnings – while his easy 13 length win at Chepstow last time was impressive. That also came off the back of a break and a wind op so can be expected to have improved for it, while being a hurdles winner here at Wincanton is, of course, another bonus regarding his ability to handle the track.

3.00 - Unibet Elite Hurdle (A Limited Handicap) (Grade 2) Cl1 2m ITV4

16/16 – Aged 7 or younger
    14/16 – Returned 11/2 or shorter in the betting
    13/16 – Won between 2-5 times before (hurdles)
    13/16 – Came from the top three in the betting
    11/16 – Favourites that finished in the top 3
    10/16 – Unplaced last time out
    10/16 – Rated 150 or lower
    9/16 – Having first run of the season
    5/16 – Ran at Aintree last time out
    4/16 – Trained by Paul Nicholls
    4/16 – Ridden by Daryl Jacob
    4/16 – Won last time out
    2/16 – Trained by John Quinn
    Fusil Raffles (4/7 fav) won the race in 2019 (Nicky Henderson)

TQ VERDICT: This has been a good race for the Paul Nicholls yard in recent years, so their Diego Du Charmil and Solo have to be considered. They are closely-rated but you feel Solo will have more scope for improvement with just four career runs. We last saw him running down the field in the Triumph Hurdle after being sent off at just 4/1 in that race. He’s clearly better than that effort and it’s interesting he’s been gelded since last Spring. However, his task has not been made easy with the 2016 winner of this race – SCEAU ROYAL – in the race. This Alan King runner landed the Welsh Champion Hurdle at Ffos Las last month and that might just give him the fitness edge over the Nicholls runner. He also gets a handy 3lbs from Solo and being that he’s already rated 6lbs higher too that would make him 9lbs well-in. Yes, the ratings don’t always work out in races like this, but he looks the safest call. Of the rest, expect to see Brandon Castle take them along from the front, but this might just help set things up for the selection too as he normally likes coming off the pace.

3.35 - Badger Beers Silver Trophy (A Handicap Chase) (Listed Race) Cl1 3m1f110y ITV4

17/17 – Won by a horse aged 9 or younger
    15/17 – Winning distance – 4 lengths or less
    15/17 – Won a 3m or further chase race previously
    14/17 – Won by a horse aged between 7 and 9 years-old
    14/17 – Placed in the top four in their last race
    14/17 – Won at least two chase races previously
    13/17 – Won between 2 and 5 times over fences before
    13/17 – Raced at the course previously (won over fences)
    12/17 – Favourites placed
    11/17 – Irish-bred horse
    10/17 – Raced already that season
    10/17 – Raced at either Sandown (4), Wincanton (3) or Cheltenham (3) last time out
    10/17 – Carried 11-1 or more in weight
    7/17 – Carried 10-5 or less in weight
    7/17 – Priced at double-figures
    7/17 – Won their latest race
    7/17 – Favourites that won (1 joint, 1 Co)
    7/17 – Trained by Paul Nicholls
    4/17 – Won by the Pipe stable
    5/17 – Ridden by a claiming conditional jockey (including 5 of the last 10 years)
    Present Man won the race in 2017 and 2018
    Give Me A Copper (9/2 co fav) won the race in 2019 (Paul Nicholls)

TQ VERDICT: Trainer Paul Nicholls clearly means business again in this race – with three live chances. He’s won the race 7 times in the last 17 years and this year pins his hopes on PRESENT MAN, DANNY WHIZZBANG and MY WAY. All three look to have a big chance too, but I’d prefer to stick with their proven winner in this race – PRESENT MAN. Yes, he flopped in the contest 12 months ago, but the softer ground that year was probably to blame. Therefore, any rain would be a negative and you’d probably want to revise your thinking if Wincanton does get a lot of rain. He is rated only 2lbs higher than when winning this in 2018 and jockey Bryony Frost knows him well – she’s ridden him both times he’s taken this race. A recent win at Chepstow will also him spot on for this and providing the ground stays good should go well again. Danny Whizzbang was a good winner at Newbury three runs back in a decent Novice Chase, but has flopped since. He’s had a wind op over the summer, but even though he’s clearly talented I just worry his lack of experience will tell – I’d prefer the other Nicholls runner My Way, with Bryan Carver taking off a handy 5lbs too. Just A Sting was fourth in this race last year and should go well too, while El Presente is improving well over fences – winning his last two – but is up another 5lbs and is another that might just lack for experience in a race like this. So, the other one I’m going to have onside is the Michael Scudamore runner – SOME CHAOS (e/w). This 9 year-old has now won 5 of his 9 starts over fences and was most impressive last time at Kelso when winning by 3 lengths. He’s only 3lbs higher here, but is another that has CD winning form after landing a race here back in Feb 19, while he’s another that seems best on good ground. Potterman, Sizing At Midnight and Kitty’s Light are other in-form runners that are worthy of a mention too.

DONCASTER: Final Day Of The Flat

Doncaster Horse Racing Trends (ITV/ATR)

1.30 – Bombardier Golden Beer Wentworth Stakes (Listed Race) Cl1 6f ITV4

14/16 – Had at least 6 previous runs that season
    14/16 – Returned 12/1 or shorter in the betting
    14/16 – Had won over 6f before
    13/16 – Won from stall 12 or lower
    13/16 – Rated 99 or higher
    13/16 – Aged 4 or older
    11/16 – Had won at least 5 times before in their career
    9/16 – Won by an Irish-bred horse
    8/16 – Had won at Doncaster before
    8/16 – Winning distance – ½ length or less
    5/16 – Ran at York (3) or Newmarket (2) last time out
    4/16 – Won last time out
    2/16 – Trained by Richard Hannon
    3/16 – Winning favourites
    2/16 – Winning mare/filly
    The average winning SP in the last 10 years is 6/1
    Note: The 2006 renewal was run at Windsor

TQ VERDICT: Son Of Rest shot to fame after winning the 2018 Ayr Gold Cup, but has struggled a bit since so is overlooked this time. Gulliver bounced back to form last time with a win at York, but this will be harder up into Listed company. CD winners Bernardo O’Reilly and Aberama Gold have form at the track so can’t be discounted either, but the three main runners here look to be Dakota Gold, Ostillo and BRANDO. The first two both head here on three-timers and are clearly sprinters at the top of their game, but having to give weight away to the 8 year-old BRANDO might just prove too much. This Kevin Ryan-trained sprinter is having his 45th career run here and despite his advancing years showed he still retains a lot of ability after his head second in the G1 Champion Sprint Stakes at Ascot last time out. Yes, the time before that he was just under 5 lengths behind Dakota Gold, but is 5lbs better off this time and he fluffed the start that day too.

2.05 – Betfair Exchange British EBF Gillies Fillies’ Stakes (Listed Race) Cl1 (3yo+) 1m2f ITV4

13/15 – Aged 3 or 4 years-old
    13/15 – Had won at least twice before
    12/15 – Had 3 or more runs that season
    11/15 – Had never raced at Doncaster before
    9/15 – Drawn in stall 6 or lower
    9/15 – Unplaced last time out
    8/15 – Ran at either Lingfield (3), Goodwood (3) or Newmarket (2) last time out
    8/15 – Had won over 1m2f before
    8/15 – Returned 8/1 or bigger in the betting
    7/15 – Unplaced favourites
    6/15 – Won by an Irish-bred filly
    2/15 – Trained by Ralph Beckett
    2/15 – Ridden by Jim Crowley
    2/15 – Winning favourites (1 co)
    2/15 – Won last time out
    The average winning SP in the last 10 years is 12/1

Note: The 2006 renewal was run at Windsor

TQ VERDICT: An open-looking Listed race, but it’s one the Ralph Beckett yard have done well in before so it’s interesting they are mob-handed with three runners – CHAMADE, LADY SANSA and TREFOIL. All three have to be respected, but of the trio TREFOIL stands out. This 3 year-old filly is still lightly-raced with just five career runs and wasn’t disgraced when running fourth (of 14) at Newmarket last month in a G3 contest. That run also came off a 3 month break so can be expected to have improved for it and also gets the 3 year-old allowance here from the older horses. The in-form Freyja and the Hannon runner – Anna Nerium – are the joint top-rated in the field (101) so can go well too, while Moll Davis and Kaleidoscopic are the only two proven CD winners in the field so can’t be discounted either. The unexposed Salsada, who has won her last three, is another going the right way, but this is a big leap up in class.

3.15 – Betfair November Handicap Cl2 1m4f ITV4

13/16 – Won between 2 and 4 races before
    13/16 – Winners that came from draw 9 or higher
    13/16 – Favourites that were unplaced
    12/16 – Winning distance – 2 ½ lengths or less
    12/16 – Had raced at least 5 times that season
    12/16 – Had raced at Doncaster before (6 had won)
    11/16 – Had won over 1m4f before
    11/16 – Placed last time out
    11/16 – Won by a horse aged 3 or 4 years-old
    10/16 – Won carrying 8-13 or less in weight
    9/16 – Returned a double-figure price in the betting
    5/16 – Ran at Newmarket last time out
    4/16 – Won last time out
    3/16 -Trained by John Gosden (won it 6 times in all)
    2/16 – Ridden by jockey Martin Dwyer
    1/16 – Favourites that won
    The average winning SP in the last 10 years is 10/1
    Just 1 winning favourite since 1995

TQ VERDICT: As always, a very competitive renewal of this race with 23 runners. Trainer John Gosden has a top record in the race, but he’s no entries this time. With 10 of the last 16 winners carrying 8st 13lbs or less then this is a fair trend to note, while 11 of the last 16 winners were also aged 3 or 4 years-old. The 7 year-old – Euchen Glen – falls down on those last two trends, but it’s hard to ignore his recent return to form – winning two G3 contests. He’s back into a handicap here but has a result has a lot of weight to give away. On a plus, he’s clearly in the form of his life and is a proven CD winner that is loving the soft ground at the moment. It’s hard to fault his chance, but I just feel the weight concession might just get the better of him in the here. Kingbrook is at the other end of the weights with only 8-7 to carry and this Ian Williams runner bounced back to form last time at Newmarket with a nice win – he’s up 6lbs here though so more is needed, but it’s worth noting the yard won this race in 2017. With 13 of the last 16 winners being drawn 9 or higher then this might be seen as a negative got those drawn low – Raymond Tusk, Ben Lilly, Dash Of Spice, Aasheq, Indianapolis, Surrey Pride, Bollin Joan, Everything For You and Now Children. So, the two I like here are SAM COOKE and TULIP FIELDS (e/w). The former has been popular in the betting all week and it’s easy to see why. This Ralph Beckett runner is unexposed with just 6 career runs and looked to be back to form last time with a close second at Ascot in a decent handicap. The softer ground is fine and he’s only up 3lbs for that. The other pick – Tulip Fields – ran well in a Listed race at Lingfield last time out (5th of 11) and prior to that beat another of today’s runners – Dash Of Spice – by an easy 2 lengths here over this course and distance. He’s rated only 4lbs higher than that win and we know this 3 year-old, who gets in here with just 8st 4lbs - handles the ground and the track.

AINTREE: One Race LIVE On ITV

Aintree Horse Racing Trends (ITV/RacingTV)

2.40 – williamhill Best Odds Guaranteed Hurdle (Class 2) (4yo) 2m4f

4/5 – Returned 4/1 or shorter in the betting
    3/5 – Winning favourites
    3/5 – Aged 7 or 8 years-old
    2/5 – Owned by Simon Munir and Isaac Souede
    2/5 – Trained by Nicky Henderson
    2/5 – Ridden by Nico de Boinville

TQ VERDICT: This is a race owners Simon Munir and Isaac Souede like to target – they’ve won the last two runnings – and they try again with the Nicky Henderson runner – Call Me Lord. This 155-rated hurdler was last seen running down the field in the Champion Hurdle at the Cheltenham Festival but won the International Hurdle last season at that venue and on that form is a big player. However, for me he’s just not fulfilled his potential and despite still only being 7 years-old still has a bit to prove. The Dan Skelton runner Ch’tibello is probably the ratings pick as he’s also rated 155 but gets a handy 6lbs from the likes of Call Me Lord and Summerville Boy. But he’s another that seems to always be thereabouts in his races but with just 1 win from his last 16 races isn’t one to totally rely on when it comes to getting his head in front. So that leaves me with SUMMERVILLE BOY. This Tom George runner was last seen running 5th in the Stayers’ Hurdle at the Festival and before that a decent second in the Cleeve Hurdle. But I wasn’t totally sure he was at home over those 3m trips so this drop back to 2m4f looks a good move and the last time he ran over this distance resulted in a nice win in the Relkeel Hurdle at the turn of the year. He’s also gone well off a break in the past, so the 240-day break isn’t a worry. Of the rest, the top-rated Thomas Darby will be popular too, but the form of the Olly Murphy yard at the moment is only average and this will also be the furthest he’s gone in a race – I’d prefer to see him over this trip first.

stretchaq wrote: »
    Eight and Bob and Summerville boy

Singles and doubles

Backed eight and Bob but have a feeling on you knowwhatimeanharry maybe might invest a few quid ew

I hope you did

change my mind

Yeeehaaww

• Advertisement

Yeeehaaww

It pissed in and fair play, you were spot on.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Morleystreet

Great stuff Del. Sire Du Berlais confirmed for the Stayers, just what i was hoping for! :)

See one of you and Gav's old favourites (SDB) running tomorrow. See he has been cut for Stayers by b365 from 16 into 12/1. Tho Still at 16s with paddy for stayers.

I hope you did

Small investment

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Plasandrunt

Supasundae at 4s much more appealing imo. Can't shake the feeling that Barry Geraghty was the key to Sire Du Berlais

See one of you and Gav's old favourites (SDB) running tomorrow. See he has been cut for Stayers by b365 from 16 into 12/1. Tho Still at 16s with paddy for stayers.

Purposely didn't back him ap as I personally believe he needs a run. Granted he hasn't been off with Cheltenham in mind for the last few years, but Cheltenham still the main target so I expect a similar enough prep, to be brought steadily along. I dont expect him to be placed!!

Hopefully drifts a good bit afterwards.

Amazingly his only wins have been his 2 Pertemps wins. Mad that.

Amazingly his only wins have been his 2 Pertemps wins. Mad that.

Perfectly trained!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Earendil

Neck of ye! That horse is basically Sluttsy own child.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Earendil wrote: »
    Neck of ye! That horse is basically Sluttsy own child.

He's a love triangle lovechild :pac:

You'd imagine he's out for a walk to the shops tomorrow... stretch the legs!

• Advertisement

Reckons it’s for supasundae tomorrow running over 2m 4 I think is his perfect distance

Advertisement