Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dinner near beach

Options
  • 30-08-2020 9:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭

Hi there

Looking for some recommendations for nice place to go for dinner close to any of the clare beaches. We just want to go for nice walk on a beach and dinner after so doesn't have to be really close to the beach and can be pub, hotel or restaurant with nice reasonably priced food. Was thinking either Lahinch, Spanish point, quilty, Doolin, Fanore, Ballyvaughin but open to all suggestions

Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,462 ✭✭✭finbarrk

The Armada, Red Cliff or the Bellbridge in Spanish point would suit. Check the tide times no matter what beach you are planning to walk on. Galway tides covers Clare.
    https://www.sailing.ie/Portals/0/OpenContent/Files/650/Galway-Sept-19.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭Deagol

yogalady wrote: »
    Hi there

Looking for some recommendations for nice place to go for dinner close to any of the clare beaches. We just want to go for nice walk on a beach and dinner after so doesn't have to be really close to the beach and can be pub, hotel or restaurant with nice reasonably priced food. Was thinking either Lahinch, Spanish point, quilty, Doolin, Fanore, Ballyvaughin but open to all suggestions

Many thanks

Vaughans in Liscannor do an amazing fish and chips! I'm not even a lover of fish or chips but that's something I look forward to if I'm up that direction.

If you want to go south, the Long Dock in Carrigaholt has some amazing food - and desserts :)

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Solli

Trump Terrace overlooks beach.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭dobman88

Deagol wrote: »
    Vaughans in Liscannor do an amazing fish and chips! I'm not even a lover of fish or chips but that's something I look forward to if I'm up that direction.

If you want to go south, the Long Dock in Carrigaholt has some amazing food - and desserts :)

I'd second the Long Dock. Carrigaholt is gorgeous for a little walk out to the castle and a view of the bay too. You're close enough to Kilbaha there and Keatings is a gorgeous spot. Outdoor seating overlooking the magnificent bay with Kerry mountains across the water. I jogged/hiked from Carrigaholt to Kilbaha a few weeks ago and was so happy with the view, food and drink at the end. It was very much worth the time and effort to visit.

Advertisement