Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

one4all hassle

Options
  • 30-08-2020 9:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭

I had the misfortune to receive an online one4all gift voucher...i had to install the app and accept their terms and conditions in order to access it. Now I can view the card but the code on it is obscured and i can only see the last 4 digits. I have a feeling it won't work in a shop when I go to try to use it...it seems to be set up to be as inconvenient as possible in order to discourage its use. I rang the customer service line during their own office hours but it was closed. I don't use my phone for paying for at point of sale...but its telling me to set the card as the default card and to make sure the retailer accepts NfC...which i don't use or want to use.....Anyone any suggestions/experience of getting around this? I think i can order a "card" with the money loaded on it but its is around 20 euro to do this.....Thanks in advance for any advice.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

You can redeem the balance on the card for fee of 8 euro...not sure if it also applies to online cards but don't see why it wouldn't. AFAIK you need to phone them and give them bank account details to transfer balance to.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

Ten Pin wrote: »
    You can redeem the balance on the card for fee of 8 euro...not sure if it also applies to online cards but don't see why it wouldn't. AFAIK you need to phone them and give them bank account details to transfer balance to.

That depends. If it was given as a tax free bonus from your company, that is not permitted.

Send them an email with the issues. Far better to get a written response in reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Umpalumpa

mick kk wrote: »
    I had the misfortune to receive an online one4all gift voucher...i had to install the app and accept their terms and conditions in order to access it. Now I can view the card but the code on it is obscured and i can only see the last 4 digits. I have a feeling it won't work in a shop when I go to try to use it...it seems to be set up to be as inconvenient as possible in order to discourage its use. I rang the customer service line during their own office hours but it was closed. I don't use my phone for paying for at point of sale...but its telling me to set the card as the default card and to make sure the retailer accepts NfC...which i don't use or want to use.....Anyone any suggestions/experience of getting around this? I think i can order a "card" with the money loaded on it but its is around 20 euro to do this.....Thanks in advance for any advice.

the digital card can be used as a tap and go in the shop.the same way you would use your debit card.You can change it to an online card which gives you all the card info but can only be used online and not directly instore

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭wildchild247

Hello I have the same issue but I only have 5 euro left on the digital card.
    I cant use it online but when I go to any shop, they said they need the physical card.
    I agree its some hassle to use this.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭daheff

you can use the digital card to buy a physical card online and have it posted out for free.

agreed that the virtual card is not a great product. most retailers wouldn't be aware of it or how to accept it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭wildchild247

daheff wrote: »
    you can use the digital card to buy a physical card online and have it posted out for free.

agreed that the virtual card is not a great product. most retailers wouldn't be aware of it or how to accept it.
    thanks for the reply
    I dont have enough on it to be converted to a physical card
    Im kinda stuck with the 5 euros

• Registered Users Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

The trouble with using the virtual card to tap and go on your phone is that it is hit and miss on places to use it.
    Supervalue for example accept one4all. But when I try to pay at the till via tap and go (having either selected 'credit/debit card' or 'one4all' it does not accept.

H&M though - works a treat.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,012 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Supervalu self service tills are exceptionally truculent with One4All, even physical cards.

Also, I think its still only a subset of shops that take them? Ex Superquinn + a glob in the South West and not many others. Though if its on the till I'd assume its a shop that does.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Oddly enough I tried again yesterday to use my one4all cards on my phone in my local supervalue and it worked fine. Hit and miss!

Advertisement