Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quoted an Admin warning got a yellow

Options
  • 30-08-2020 10:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭

I reminded a poster engaging in uncivil personalised commentary that we had been warned about such behaviour by showing the quoted warning. I was trying to avoid engaging in same.

This followed by the Admin, quoted warning.
    Thirdly, if you would rather get personal than discuss vulture funds being in attendance at the golf piss up or any other topic beside baseless personal unsubstantiated claims against me, I would suggest you consider the below:

Accused of backseat modding.

Comments

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,724 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Are you disputing a card or a ban? If so can you provide a link to the card and or ban in question and also please confirm you have attempted to resolve this with the mod who issued the card or ban.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Yes I've contacted the MOD and it still stands.

Basically my point is a number of us received the warning, cross forum. So a day or so later they were back at it again chosing to make unsupported claims and get personal. I refrained and after several such posts aimed at me I posted civil on topic retorts and then as mentioned above quoted the Admin warning in an effort to get them to return to honest discussion.

Here is the link.

I have no wish to tell anyone what to do, I quoted the Admin warning to try cut out the bull. The warning was leveled at me too, so that further removes it from any intention to back seat moderate IMO.

Thanks.

To be clear I am disputing the card.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,724 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

My apologies, I missed your last reply.

I will ask the CMods to look into this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Bowie wrote: »
    To be clear I am disputing the card.

Hello, Bowie, I'll take a look at this for you but I'm afraid it will be tomorrow afternoon due to work commitments.

Could you forward the PM discussion with the infracting mod to me or paste it here and I will have a look tomorrow?

Thanks.

• Advertisement

No worries. Thanks for taking the time. PM's sent.

Bowie wrote: »
    No worries. Thanks for taking the time. PM's sent.

Just saw them there now, thanks.

I'll have a look later and hopefully get back to you tomorrow evening.

Ok, had a good look at this and a long think about what happened here.

Firstly, you've had this account with 3 years now and should have a good working knowledge of what's acceptable here on Boards and what's not. I think you should have been well aware of the reaction to quoting a mod note. I've rarely seen quoting a mod note anywhere on Boards lead to anything positive so I'm finding it hard to fault the issuing of the card here.

However, on the other hand, I don't believe the intention here was to usurp the moderation of the thread but to remind the posters mentioned in the quoted post of the warning received in another thread which would have implications for them in the thread that you were carded in.

Therefore I am going to recommend the reversal of this card and I would also suggest that in future you simply report the particular posts that you feel are in breach of the rules and why you feel they are in breach of the rules.

Ok, had a good look at this and a long think about what happened here.

Firstly, you've had this account with 3 years now and should have a good working knowledge of what's acceptable here on Boards and what's not. I think you should have been well aware of the reaction to quoting a mod note. I've rarely seen quoting a mod note anywhere on Boards lead to anything positive so I'm finding it hard to fault the issuing of the card here.

However, on the other hand, I don't believe the intention here was to usurp the moderation of the thread but to remind the posters mentioned in the quoted post of the warning received in another thread which would have implications for them in the thread that you were carded in.

Therefore I am going to recommend the reversal of this card and I would also suggest that in future you simply report the particular posts that you feel are in breach of the rules and why you feel they are in breach of the rules.

I appreciate it.
    I honestly thought quoting it was just that and not giving direction. Especially considering it was aimed at me also.
    I won't do it again in any case.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Card reversed. Marking this as resolved.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement