Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Closing current account - goalsaver query

Options
  • 31-08-2020 9:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭

Hi due to your upcoming fee changes I'll be closing my current account with you.
    I have a goalsaver account active currently too, my query is about this.
    Walk me through the process of linking a non boi a/c to it for future deposits and withdrawals as I see no method of adding a payee bank account from within the your app

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭JoyPad

I don't think you can keep the GoalSaver account, it is attached to your Current Account. I chose to close mine, waiting for funds to return to my Current Account, then switch to another bank and open a Savings Account with the new bank. The bank I intend to transfer to allows a lump sum to be sent to the new Savings Account within the first 30 days of opening it, so I should have no problem starting saving with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Richard F

ganmo wrote: »
    Hi due to your upcoming fee changes I'll be closing my current account with you.
    I have a goalsaver account active currently too, my query is about this.
    Walk me through the process of linking a non boi a/c to it for future deposits and withdrawals as I see no method of adding a payee bank account from within the your app
    Hi Ganmo,

Thanks for reaching out to us today and we're sorry to hear this.

This account would only be able to be set up with a BOI direct debit. If your current account was closed, no more additional lodgements could be made to this account. When you close your current account, any withdrawals from this account can be made in branch. We hope this information helps.

Thanks,
    Richard

Advertisement