Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rule query / opinion

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,876 ✭✭✭Russman

In my situation, I'm pretty certain it wasn't embedded before I ran over it. The shot was a low pull hooky ugly thing, very unlikely to plug, and when I looked down after the trolley going over it, it was plugged straight down, not at the angle you'd expect a travelling ball to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,161 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

prawnsambo wrote: »
    Well personally, if I was in that situation, I think I'd go with the rule that explicitly describes the situation and the action to be taken rather than rooting around the rule book for something that in the right light and if you squint a bit, just may give me an advantage. But that's just me, your mileage may vary.

BTW, you are playing the ball from the wrong place and subject to a 2 stroke penalty anytime you do this.
    You are also in line for a DQ because you then signed for an incorrect score (knowingly failed to apply 2 stroke penalty)

I'd rather play by the rules, but that's just me, your mileage may vary.

Advertisement