Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on college course/career

• 31-08-2020 6:57pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭

Posting this in personal issues as the DCU forum has little activity.

So I might be doing Communications or Journalism at DCU (I'm waiting for the CAO offer on Sept 11)

I've heard that these courses are very broad and on their own wouldn't be considered worthy enough without a good level of work experience. I'm wondering where I should get internship during my course. I've read that I should apply to TV stations (RTE, TV3, 3e, Virgin Media), Radio stations (98fm, 4fm, NewsTalk) and newspapers (Irish Independent, Irish Times)

The thing is, will I be able to get an internship besides doing photocopying? Especially while in the process of doing the course.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

Mod Note

mr_fegelien thank you for your post. You don't appear to be looking for advice on an issue that is impacting you however, its more career advice.

I see you've posted in the DCU forum already on this and that really is the best place for your thread. I'm therefore closing this one here.

Thanks

HS

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement