Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skerries Covid Party

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,987 ✭✭✭normanoffside

Because they think it's hilarious....

Their parents are obviously just as thick

Their situation is already set, what harm in a bit of humour about it? Nothing they can do about it now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭cannotlogin

These are 5th/6th year kids. Some of them are probably underage. Why are they being abused with zero evidence of anything other than one of their friends tested positive?

Completely different to Phil Hogan or even Berlin D2.

They are all separated on the videos.

If it turns out to be more, fine but some people need to lay off for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,422 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

Am from Kildare, locked down 3.5 weeks, fake or not this pisses me off.

Even the premise that it’s possible is unbelievable.

You can see what the likes of the club have to do based on the possibility it is true.

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

Right ok

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Their situation is already set, what harm in a bit of humour about it? Nothing they can do about it now.

You one of the parents

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

By the way this doesn’t sound like a Covid party at all.
    To me it sounds like One girl just tested positive and her mates are just wondering which of them will have gotten it off her in the past few days (before she knew). Again, can’t see why there is any outrage.
    While the covid party rumour is BS there's a screenshot going around of a Whatsapp group for one of the Skerries Harps teams linked to the tiktok video that doesn't make good reading and would indicate why the club has cancelled all activities

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

s1ippy wrote: »
    Although the GAA Club in Skerries is closed because of multiple confirmed cases and clusters

Read the GAA club statement. Potential contacts to a confirmed case. No mention of multiple confirmed cases or clusters. Its bog standard practise now to shut down activity or certain sections in clubs if there's close contacts.

IF whats on social media is accurate then its pure stupidity. But its an IF because there's always question marks over social media and rumours that spread from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

I see all the usual "angry smurf" posters out.

Judging based on sh1te in fakebook that is so unbelievable it makes the fools that believe in cable tags marking houses look intelligent

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

You one of the parents

Do you REALLY believe this is true?

Seriously?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Darc19 wrote: »
    Do you REALLY believe this is true?

Seriously?

Whether it is or isn't isn't the issue...
    It's actually disgusting to those that died and lost love ones.

Absolute twats

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭milli milli

It won’t stop the morally outraged being outraged.

You know normally I’m not bothered about things. I’m a fairly liberal person and can tolerate a lot.
    But in a pandemic where people have died or gotten seriously ill (yes I know not everyone who contracts it does), or others who’ve lost jobs, suffered with their mental health, were deprived of hospital scans/treatment, etc, etc, this kind of behaviour, if false is in really bad taste and if true, then it’s plain dangerous. If it’s true, then those morons are akin to the young people who make prank calls for ambulance call outs.

I actually can’t stand permanently outraged people. I don’t believe I’m one of them (pre-Covid anyway). But during a pandemic, I have no time for selfish a$$holes.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭Gods Gift

It’s a disgrace joe.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,171 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Absolute twats

It would be if it was directly aimed at them with malice, it wasn't, they can joke about whatever they like. The constant outrage has to stop.

Tbh they've been locked up, there world shut down, it's not long before they break or resist. If your outraged now wait until they hit 18.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭Flimsy_Boat

It is breaking news now.

https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/two-sports-clubs-in-north-county-dublin-close-their-doors-after-potential-cases-of-covid-19-linked-to-area-39493752.html

"It’s understood a number of people from the town who were in close contact in recent days have tested positive for the virus.

Concerns were also raised by a video circulated on social media in which a group of girls are seen talking about who may become infected by the virus. The tone of the video appears light-hearted, though it is unclear if it was a joke."

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

Absolute twats
    That disrespect, coupled with the confusion it creates.

As well as a hefty fine and expulsion from school, those morons should be made to do community service, whether it's a spoof or they really were spreading it. Obviously not in people-facing roles; picking up litter or cleaning rivers or beaches. It's pure pack mentality the way they all follow the same script and try and impress each other. It seems intentionally done in such a way that it stokes up controversy and the whole thing reeks of attention seeking.

The football club having to close, the GAA Club with rumours and worried people who may or may not at this point be impacted by this idiocy. How many livelihoods are going to be affected? I'd imagine the businesses linked with this definitely don't need to get embroiled in controversy at this particular moment, it's not like there are many places raking in the dough.

Nah, no sympathy.

Sounds like a touch of Hysteria...

Martin Tully, club secretary of Skerries Town Football Club, told the Irish Independent that while no case has been found linked to the club, they have decided to close as a precaution.

“We had heard that there may have been some cases in the town and we decided it was better to be safe and made a call.

“We will find out what the situation is in the town, hopefully on Tuesday and then review it,” he said.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

At risk of being accused of jumping on the outrage train, I think there's only 2 conclusions here:

At best, this was an ill-thought, insensitive, stupid prank that is already having an impact on the community these girls live in.

At worst, these girls have potentially put family, friends and their community at risk.

Either way, this group of friends are likely to have this hanging over them for a very long time. That's not something I'd wish upon them for a few hours of stupidity but that die has already been cast. *no outrage involved/required

Sounds like a touch of Hysteria...
    You're like a broken record, saying the same irritating rubbish on every thread. Every person who has even the slightest opinion about anything is in hysterics about it. I might even go so far as to say that you're starting to sound hysterical, either that or you have a pathetically stunted lexical range.

Here is a helpful link for you.
    https://www.google.ie/search?q=hysterical+synonyms&oq=hysterical+synonyms&aqs=chrome..69i57.2234j0j9&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8
    Forgive me for my curt response, I'm overwrought.

That disrespect, coupled with the confusion it creates.

As well as a hefty fine and expulsion from school, those morons should be made to do community service, whether it's a spoof or they really were spreading it. Obviously not in people-facing roles; picking up litter or cleaning rivers or beaches. It's pure pack mentality the way they all follow the same script and try and impress each other. It seems intentionally done in such a way that it stokes up controversy and the whole thing reeks of attention seeking.

The football club having to close, the GAA Club with rumours and worried people who may or may not at this point be impacted by this idiocy. How many livelihoods are going to be affected? I'd imagine the businesses linked with this definitely don't need to get embroiled in controversy at this particular moment, it's not like there are many places raking in the dough.

Nah, no sympathy.

The government took away their world with a stroke of a pen,
    Now your want their futures ruined and education denied, the government have done nothing only hype this into biblical proportion aided by a frenzied media with no interest in fact checking. Who signed the order to transfer the sick into nursing homes, who let not just covid but other viruses run rampant in hospitals for decades killing innocent people.

I have to hand it to them in turning us all against each other to deflect from their own utter incompetence in their handling of this Pandemic from the start.
    Leo and Harris let thousand of Italian fans into Ireland while Itlay went on lockdown, now there heroes and people want them back asap. Your rage is aimed at teenage girls while you let these guys get away scott free.

Know when your being played.

whoa there, rewind.....

it's the governments fault?

Hang on while I grab my placard.....

• Advertisement

The difference between this and Cliften being in this alleged incident they were intentionally spreading this.

If they're not evil, they must be dangerously vacuous. There's absolutely no harm in disrupting the lives of people who need a bit of a jolt into the real world before they become an actual danger to themselves and others.

Evil is a bit much s1ippy, stupid & thoughtless probably more fitting.

I doubt they'd really considered the consequences (until now) and I can only imagine they've become apparent incredibly quickly.

Every person who has even the slightest opinion about anything is in hysterics about it.

How you didn't suffer a heart attack after seeing the Whuhan water party I'll never know.
    You didn't even read the article correctly, made your own assumptions to spread unnecessary fear as usual as your very afraid and want everyone else to feel the same. Might work on some, not me.

Graham wrote: »
    whoa there, rewind.....

it's the governments fault?

I just feel were outraged at the wrong things, if we didn't make an absolute balls of the nursing homes would we be in this position, why isn't the minister of Health being held accountable.
    You have to admit they've done a good job in turning us on each other.

You're saying the video is ok because 'nursing homes'?

Sorry DM, I don't see the connection.

You're saying the video is ok because 'nursing homes'?

Sorry DM, I don't see the connection.

I just think it's silly teenagers, it was the punisher linked it to nursing homes.
    I'm absolutely not offended, stupid kids nothing more, no need for tears.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

The difference between this and Cliften being in this alleged incident they were intentionally spreading this.

If they're not evil, they must be dangerously vacuous. There's absolutely no harm in disrupting the lives of people who need a bit of a jolt into the real world before they become an actual danger to themselves and others.

Hang on a second, where was anyone intentionally spreading covid ?? Theres some wildly inaccurate comments appearing on social media at the moment. The video appears to be poor judgement talking about a confirmed case which these people are now close contacts of.
    Its a poor video to make regardless but your making wild suggestions now based on the social media rumour mill which is full of different stories tonight so you can't say they were intentionally spreading anything. Someone can meet people and have been completely asymptomatic, thats not intentionally spreading it for example.

You should probably take heed of this

https://twitter.com/newschambers/status/1300553879394963457?s=19

you can't say they were intentionally spreading anything

the video?

Not a hanging offence, but not exactly a 'shining moment' either.

the video?

Not a hanging offence, but not exactly a 'shining moment' either.

Can under 18 you throw the first stone?

• Advertisement

Another magic moment from the individual who says to send a child into school regardless of a litany of illnesses.

Anyway I suppose it's wait and see what the story is with this one. I hope it's stupidity and cdoesn't turn out to be the malice it's made out to be. Can we just have one week without major fuçkery.

Advertisement