Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skerries Covid Party

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,155 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Saw the videos. Jasus the accents on them. My last gf was from Skerries and neither her or any of her friends sounded like that. In a generation or two they'll just be speaking full on California Valley Girl accents.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭Flimsy_Boat

Saw the videos. Jasus the accents on them. My last gf was from Skerries and neither her or any of her friends sounded like that. In a generation or two they'll just be speaking full on California Valley Girl accents.

I have a California valley girl accent....or did. Born and raised in Southern California for a good while. I can therefore say, with absolute certainty and a modicum of authority, that they sound Irish.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,431 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Has anyone mentioned how very strange it is that RTE have this story tucked away under sports news? Bizarre stuff. Why would they do that? Genuinely.

https://www.rte.ie/amp/1162481/

Two sports clubs have closed down. That's the story you linked to.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭Katgurl

This is not fake.

The girls went on a debs celebration - approx 35 on a bus. They didn't wear masks or sit apart on the bus. There was footage of them licking each others faces on the bus. One of the attendees was awaiting covid results and supposed to be isolating. He tested positive the day after the party.

Only three of the people on the bus were considered close contacts. Two of them tested positive. In the meantime, everyone had been going about their usual business including going to work in local restaurants and playing sports.

Now everyone from the bus is being tested and sports clubs / at least one restaurant have had to shut down.

The girls made that video while in isolation awaiting test results. Idiotic, immature and thoughtless. But there was no planned covid party.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

Morons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,172 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Katgurl wrote: »
    This is not fake.

The girls went on a debs celebration - approx 35 on a bus. They didn't wear masks or sit apart on the bus. There was footage of them licking each others faces on the bus. One of the attendees was awaiting covid results and supposed to be isolating. He tested positive the day after the party.

Only three of the people on the bus were considered close contacts. Two of them tested positive. In the meantime, everyone had been going about their usual business including going to work in local restaurants and playing sports.

Now everyone from the bus is being tested and sports clubs / at least one restaurant have had to shut down.

The girls made that video while in isolation awaiting test results. Idiotic, immature and thoughtless. But there was no planned covid party.

What bus company agreed to take them and let them behave like that on their vehicle? :(

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭DebDynamite

What bus company agreed to take them and let them behave like that on their vehicle? :(

A bus company who’s probably not had any business for the past 5.5 months

I don't know actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

I don't know actually.

Of course not. Because you believe any crap fools will tell you.

Where is the proof of the other utter sh1te you claim.

Why do people spread such rubbish?

Darc19 wrote: »

Why is it not true?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭Gods Gift

Was he tested for STI yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,411 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

I hope it was a better ventilated bus than the one in China...

A person on a poorly ventilated Chinese bus infected nearly two dozen other passengers with coronavirus even though many were not sitting close by, according to a study published today.

Researchers say the findings offer fresh evidence the disease can spread in the air.

Health authorities had initially discounted the possibility that simply breathing could send infectious micro-droplets into the air, but did a U-turn as experts piled on pressure and evidence mounted.

The article published in JAMA Internal Medicine probes the threat of airborne infection by taking a close look at passengers who made a 50-minute trip to a Buddhist event in the eastern Chinese city of Ningbo aboard two buses in January before face masks became routine against the virus.

https://www.rte.ie/news/coronavirus/2020/0901/1162614-covid-bus-china/

Why is it not true?

35 teen girls and no social media posts or photos or videos about the party.

That alone will tell you it's bullsh1t

• Registered Users Posts: 25,319 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Ban the Tok Tic, it only encourages the crazies.

And the attention seekers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭Charles Babbage

Any gathering of people without proper measures is a Covid party, whatever name you give it.
    And some things are not suitable for jokes, you cannot shout bomb while on an aircraft without consequences and likewise with claims to spread Covid.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,569 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

paw patrol wrote: »
    What do we actually know? very little.
    nothing in the actual video to show they did anything wrong bar have a party - big fcukin deal says me , who hasn't had a party?

Before or since Covid 19 emerged? Because there is a difference....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Has that ever happened?

It's becoming standard part of due diligence for companies who wants to attract the best and most reliable talent. Helps build a profile of the person a gauge them for a fit within their teams.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭paw patrol

Ohmeha wrote: »
    Blue Bar closing down today isn't a fact? I suppose then the fake news merchant on Whatsapp got lucky making that prediction 24 hours earlier of a covid case there

blue bar in their statement acknowledge that they didn't have to close.

they chose to close.

call it a civic duty or virtue signalling whatever but that's on Blue Bar not the girls
    all the girls did was make a video. the content of that video had nothing wrong in it. A combination of people being thick and people demanding a target for their own frustrations is what caused this moral panic.
    And until there is a big outbreak in skerries that's all it is.

I am not providing proof because I'm not in court. I don't really care if you believe me or not. I am currently awaiting covid test results as a result of this and I live with a compromised person.

all the girls did was make a video. the content of that video had nothing wrong in it...
    Are we not taking them at their word that they were licking each other and sharing drinks?

Seems pretty f'in stupid thing to do in the current climate, no?

Fairly reasonable for people to be pissed off about doing such an irresponsible thing and being so indifferent/blase about it.

Wheither it's "fair" or not, I dont know, but someone deffo got their comeuppance.

• Advertisement

I am not providing proof because I'm not in court. I don't really care if you believe me or not. I am currently awaiting covid test results as a result of this and I live with a compromised person.

Hope all works out for you, Kat.

Zulu wrote: »
    Are we not taking them at their word that they were licking each other and sharing drinks?

Seems pretty f'in stupid thing to do in the current climate, no?

if i recall correctly , two of them licked each other.

Are you suggesting young people (or anybody really) avoid getting the shift for the past 6 months?
    We all do stupid stuff, that's on us - not a hanging offence. Although I don't think it's stupid. We take risks everyday.

If that is the worst you can get from this episode....then whats the rows over?

BTW if licking people isn't your thing , should we ban dating apps like Tinder just to be safe?

Any gathering of people without proper measures is a Covid party, whatever name you give it.
    And some things are not suitable for jokes, you cannot shout bomb while on an aircraft without consequences and likewise with claims to spread Covid.

jaysus wept.

if i recall correctly , two of them licked each other.
    Were you there? :confused:
    Are you suggesting young people (or anybody really) avoid getting the shift for the past 6 months? ....
    No.

Although I don't think it's stupid. We take risks everyday.
    Oh it was very stupid. Very.

If that is the worst you can get from this episode....then whats the rows over?
    ...you've lost me; what?
    BTW if licking people isn't your thing , should we ban dating apps like Tinder just to be safe?
    Mental gymnastics at its finest old boy! Hows a person to keep up with you? I don't know.

35 teenage girls went by "party bus" to some "debs style" event and not one single photo on Instagram, tictok, Facebook or anything.

And no mention of this "secret event" on the TikTok post?

And even after the publicity of this, STILL no photos of anything.

Stop making sh1te up. You know it's fake

Even the daily mail hasn't run with the story. That alone tells you it's rubbish.

35 teenage girls went by "party bus" to some "debs style" event and not one single photo on Instagram, tictok, Facebook or anything.

And no mention of this "secret event" on the TikTok post?

And even after the publicity of this, STILL no photos of anything.

Stop making sh1te up. You know it's fake

Even the daily mail hasn't run with the story. That alone tells you it's rubbish.

Again, 35 young people not girls. There was plenty of footage. They mention being out on the video. And not even after all the publicity, especially after all the publicity no photos are appearing.

Advertisement