Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wokeism of the day *Revised Mod Note in OP and threadbanned users*

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 475 ✭✭AdrianBalboa

Piers Morgan fired.

Ffs. Not a fan of the guy but that's mad.

https://www.bbc.com/news/amp/entertainment-arts-56334082

He walked, according to the BBC. He also walked off his own show when he got a nice warm spoonful of his own medicine.

Typical of the rightwing slowflake brigade. Huff and bluster about PC going mad and how you can’t say anything these days but when he got it up ‘em he waddles away to find a safe space. :D Ha Ha Ha.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,952 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Piers Morgan fired.

He wasn't fired, he quit after throwing his toys out of the pram.

Good riddance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,021 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Piers Morgan fired.

Its become pretty clear that he conducted a personal vendetta against Meghan Markle. Whether you like Harry and Meghan , or not.

He called a person who said they had mental health difficulties a liar and a Pinnochio. That type of loose talk made his position untenable.

The weatherman chap who let him have it today came across as genuinely upset with Piers conduct and but Piers stormed off like a child having a tantrum.

It was only going to end one way for him.

https://www.bbc.com/news/amp/entertainment-arts-56334082

He walked, according to the BBC. He also walked off his own show when he got a nice warm spoonful of his own medicine.

Typical of the rightwing slowflake brigade. Huff and bluster about PC going mad and how you can’t say anything these days but when he got it up ‘em he waddles away to find a safe space. :D Ha Ha Ha.

Piers Morgan is right wing? Anti gun, pro gay rights, pro trans, fights for free meals for kids who are in need?

Ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭Curse These Metal Hands

Piers Morgan is right wing? Anti gun, pro gay rights, pro trans, fights for free meals for kids who are in need?

Ok.

Even centre-left is far-right these days apparently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

Ok.

It doesn't take much to be branded far right nowadays in fairness . It's a tactic of the left to brand anyone who disagrees with them , a nazi .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,691 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

#GrahamLinehanIsABigot is trending on Twitter, when the wokes get out-woked

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Piers Morgan fired.

I don't think he was fired tbh.
    He'll be ok, there will always be a place for a mouthy antagonmist on telly or the airwaves.
    That show after he leaves more than likely not. Back to miniscule figures and the brief rise to challenge BBC Breakfast ends! :D

silverharp wrote: »
    That's becasue SHOCK HORREUR he was allowed to contribute to a HoL inquiry into freedom of speech online.
    That's enough to wobble the 'right side' into hysteria. :D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

silverharp wrote: »

I don't know why but that guy creeps me out.

Sir Oxman wrote: »
    I don't think he was fired tbh.
    He'll be ok, there will always be a place for a mouthy antagonmist on telly or the airwaves.
    That show after he leaves more than likely not. Back to miniscule figures and the brief rise to challenge BBC Breakfast ends! :D

Who guessed this morning when you saw his meltdown.:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,742 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

The royal family are a perfect example of white privilege

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,211 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Who's being racist to white people...?

The usual suspects, self declared progressives, the modern left.

The same crew who often have awful attitudes toward Jews and Asians.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,211 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

That's becasue SHOCK HORREUR he was allowed to contribute to a HoL inquiry into freedom of speech online.
    That's enough to wobble the 'right side' into hysteria. :D

He drives the modern Left Insane with rage because he doesn't know his place.

anewme wrote: »
    Who guessed this morning when you saw his meltdown.:pac:
    I had a feeling he'd walk from it completely even as quickly as he finally did.

It was hilarious his flouncey behaviour this morning.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,663 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Danzy wrote: »
    The usual suspects, self declared progressives, the modern left.

The same crew who often have awful attitudes toward Jews and Asians.

I am honestly none the wiser as to who you're taking about.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Dr. Bre wrote: »

I know loads of white people who weren't born into a Royal family.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,789 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

I am honestly none the wiser as to who you're taking about.

This from the tweet from Piers Morgan
    "all the Meghan/Harry fans currently abusing me with stuff like 'shut the f*ck up white man' "
    Is what you initially replied to, so them, I'd imagine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 475 ✭✭AdrianBalboa

Danzy wrote: »
    He drives the modern Left Insane with rage because he doesn't know his place.

Can you explain what you mean? It doesn’t make any sense to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,295 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

I see Hilary Clinton has had her say on Meghan and Harry

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9343319/Fury-unhelpful-Hillary-Clinton-attacks-UK-treatment-Harry-Meghan.html
    'I found it so heart-rending to watch,' Clinton said, adding that she had met the pair before, as well as Harry's mother, the late Princess Diana.

Clinton then said it was 'heartbreaking' to watch the 'incredibly accomplished' Markle 'not be fully embraced' by both the 'permanent bureaucracy that surrounds the Royal family' and the UK press.

The former presidential hopeful said she too is no stranger to facing off with the British press, adding: 'I've had my time in the box with the British tabloids, as anybody who is in the public eye has had, and their cruelty in going after Meghan was just outrageous.

You know, this is 2021 and she wanted to live her life, she wanted to be fully engaged and she had every right to hope for that,' Clinton added.

The Clintons hypocrisy knows no bounds.

• Advertisement

Can you explain what you mean? It doesn’t make any sense to me.

Here is your answer

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=116524812&postcount=5436

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

Validation complete. I am re born

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,663 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

This from the tweet from Piers Morgan
    "all the Meghan/Harry fans currently abusing me with stuff like 'shut the f*ck up white man' "
    Is what you initially replied to, so them, I'd imagine

It was the bit at the end where he accused them of 'racist bullying' I missed. Although I'm not sure that calling someone 'white' qualifies as racism.

I had a feeling he'd walk from it completely even as quickly as he finally did.

It was hilarious his flouncey behaviour this morning.:)

Do you reckon he walked! I reckon he was pushed - a good shove.

You really think so ?

Under Piers Morgan and Susanna Reid, Good Morning Britain's ratings are at an all-time high with the show's audience share doubling - from 14 to 28% - since the former Sun man joined in 2015.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

You really think so ?

Under Piers Morgan and Susanna Reid, Good Morning Britain's ratings are at an all-time high with the show's audience share doubling - from 14 to 28% - since the former Sun man joined in 2015.

During that time how many people have stopped watching Morning TV. It could be that the older audience has remained, while younger audience now switch on the Radio or their own audio in the Morning.

what is the average rating for GMB in millions over those years?

Little reading shows it is around the same!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,789 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

It was the bit at the end where he accused them of 'racist bullying' I missed. Although I'm not sure that calling someone 'white' qualifies as racism.

and I'm sure someone tweeting 'shut the fück up, black man' wouldn't be classed as racist at all...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

Who's being racist to white people...?

Non white commentators

and I'm sure someone tweeting 'shut the fück up, black man' wouldn't be classed as racist at all...

Fair point, but I wouldn't entertain that as racism either, to be honest. Any more than the use of 'man' as sexist.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,037 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

I like this guy's take on it all. Sorry I'm on my phone and don't know how to embed it. Mods, feel free to do it.

https://youtu.be/81z_s9AwhVM

• Advertisement

Well now, it's likely with his personality.
    I reckon it's far more likely he said 'fcuk this' although I don't know - I know there is to be an Ofcom investigation spurred on by 41k complaints but let's face it, there'd still be an inquiry if only one saddo living in a basement tweeted a complaint the way it's going.
    PS I've just seen there's some campaign to get even the GMB camera operators sacked as 'enablers'!
    Now THAT's back on topic!

Fair point, but I wouldn't entertain that as racism either, to be honest. Any more than the use of 'man' as sexist.

If I said Obama was a black arsehole I would be classed as a racist.

If someone said trump was an orange arsehole, they would be swimming with "thanks"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Invidious

You do realize that there are lots of privileged non-white monarchies in the world too?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,037 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

If someone said trump was an orange arsehole, they would be swimming with "thanks"

You do know that orange isn't a race? Don't you?

Yeah_Right wrote: »
    You do know that orange isn't a race? Don't you?
    Fair point.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭rightmove

problem is that those in the latter character haven't the intelligence to see their hypocrisy. Virtue signaling SJW don't care about logic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

No , royalty is not exclusive to white europeans

Eddie Murphy played a prince in " Coming to America "

his family looked pretty "priviledged" to me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

I won't be surprised to see him on GBNews, Andrew Neil's new channel.

I think the ITV statement was that he left after a conversation with management. He was pushed out. Probably given the option to quit or be fired.

I watched the conversation yesterday and Piers said nothing I thought was controversial. Chilling effect was in full force this morning. Susanna looked very nervous. They'll make sure they ramp up the self censorship.

Disappointed she didn't quit also in solidarity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

How are complaints received? Could a few script bots spam complaints I wonder?

• Advertisement

1969: In the future, I bet we will have flying cars and other cool stuff.

The future:

EwDTeSwXYAMc8Ga?format=jpg&name=medium
    lnj

The first thing they had to check upon coming out of the womb was their privilege

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭WrenBoy

1969: In the future, I bet we will have flying cars and other cool stuff.

The future:

EwDTeSwXYAMc8Ga?format=jpg&name=medium
    lnj

The first thing they had to check upon coming out of the womb was their privilege

Not even the children are innocent. :rolleyes:

So if black people have black babies, and white people have white babies, wouldn't it be logical to wonder what colour a child with a black mother and a white father would have and perhaps speculate which would be the more prominent colour?

Apparently it's racist. We must be colourblind. Colour doesn't make a difference.

Unless it's BLM. Then we need to recognise colour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭Cordell

If only white privilege existed.
    But since it doesn't, royal families are a perfect example of being born into wealth and power privilege of various colours.

One of the members of mumford and sons, Winston Marshall had posted a picture of the book by a US journalist Andy Ngo, “Unmasked: Inside Antifa’s Radical Plan to Destroy Democracy”, which seemed too have successfully exposed the relentless violent mob, aka Antifa, who have been trying to get Ngos book banned through various means. The comical thing about this situation is, does his retraction of the "endorsement" serve as approval for hateful, divisive, and violent behavior by Antifa than his original maybe unintended endorsement? It really says alot about society today...He read a book.....

EwFgOosXEAEhZe-?format=jpg&name=large
    bjl

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭WrenBoy

One of the members of mumford and sons, Winston Marshall had posted a picture of the book by a US journalist Andy Ngo, “Unmasked: Inside Antifa’s Radical Plan to Destroy Democracy”, which seemed too have successfully exposed the relentless violent mob, aka Antifa, who have been trying to get Ngos book banned through various means. The comical thing about this situation is, does his retraction of the "endorsement" serve as approval for hateful, divisive, and violent behavior by Antifa than his original maybe unintended endorsement? It really says alot about society today...He read a book.....

EwFgOosXEAEhZe-?format=jpg&name=large
    bjl

Thats like a letter a hostage writes..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Turquoise Hexagon Sun

I read this in the news this morning. I mean, come on.. a book on Antifa written by a journalist that was attacked by them. An Asian minority journalist at that, if we care about identity politics (which I don't but they do).

The thing is, the fact that he (NGO) identifies as conservative is like he's "literally Hitler" in their eyes. The issue is that conservatism for these people isn't just having a different mindset or view on things, it means you are inherent "ist" in their eyes.

Incredibly one of my own family members thought Antifa got a bad rap. Why? Cause he consumes mainstream publications a lot that for some reason are really sympathetic to those destructive and violent larpers that want to see the destruction of western civilisation.

I'm left-leaning on most issues but I don't have a hissy fit when I meet people with conservative views. It's just a different mindset. But making this guy go off a reeducate himself for wrongthink is deplorable and ridiculous.

NEVER apologise for reading a book and trying to educate yourself, ffs. And now people have to hide their views because the irony is that we're heading in to another culturally conservative era that if you say something a bit different you get cancelled by a loud vocal minority of censorious new-conservative fascistic loonies that will come after you if you don't agree with their views. Insane!

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Salvation Tambourine

He will probably 'examine his blindspots' by reading approved-by-the-mob books.

Surely the band members knew his thoughts on political issues spending so much time with each other on tour and whatnot? It seems a cop out from them they would only now consider it an issue and ask him to step away.

"We didn't mind but now other people mind you should probably reflect on your choices and leave the band for a bit"

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Turquoise Hexagon Sun

You'd have to wonder if it's the band or his decision or some record exec. I'd day it could be some record exec, their publicist trying to maintain the squeeky clean image of that middle-of-the-road band. His band members probably do know about him and they probably all agree that this is excessive but that's the big **** sandwich you have to eat when you are signed to a major label.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Salvation Tambourine

You'd have to wonder if it's the band or his decision or some record exec. I'd day it could be some record exec, their publicist trying to maintain the squeeky clean image of that middle-of-the-road band. His band members probably do know about him and they probably all agree that this is excessive but that's the big **** sandwich you have to eat when you are signed to a major label.

Good point, I hadn't thought about it. I reckon you're right.

Would YOU say that you were being racist?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement