Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wokeism of the day *Revised Mod Note in OP and threadbanned users*

Options

Comments

CarProblem wrote: »
    Tbh I always assumed the poster in question was a WUM

Possibly.. I find it hard to tell on these kind of threads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Self-described "fat trans latina lesbian. staff writer @pridemedia
    . trans sensitivity reader. half mexican, half clown", 'Mey Rude' sez:

"..but to reduce dicks and balls to “men’s bodies” contributes to dangerous beliefs about trans women."

https://twitter.com/TitaniaMcGrath/status/1353665936214138882?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 13,504 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

seen two Soc Dem members discussing " period poverty " on Twitter yesterday

both blokes

now thats WOKE dedication

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭ArrBee

Sir Oxman wrote: »
    Self-described "fat trans latina lesbian. staff writer @pridemedia
    . trans sensitivity reader. half mexican, half clown", 'Mey Rude' sez:

"..but to reduce dicks and balls to “men’s bodies” contributes to dangerous beliefs about trans women."

https://twitter.com/TitaniaMcGrath/status/1353665936214138882?s=20

That's gold.

But I think it must be a parody.
    Look at his twitter, such gems as...
    "The next generation must be taught to think exactly like me."
    "Straight white males do *not* have my consent to read my book. I’m calling the police."
    "Now that Biden has ensured that trans athletes can compete in women’s sports, no doubt the bigots will be complaining about how they tend to win all the medals. Maybe they’re just better women?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

ArrBee wrote: »
    That's gold.

But I think it must be a parody.
    Look at his twitter, such gems as...
    "The next generation must be taught to think exactly like me."
    "Straight white males do *not* have my consent to read my book. I’m calling the police."
    "Now that Biden has ensured that trans athletes can compete in women’s sports, no doubt the bigots will be complaining about how they tend to win all the medals. Maybe they’re just better women?"
    Oh, Titania is parody but whatever the account links to is the nutty wokey garbage or something that wokeydokies *will* find 'problematic' - Titania merely adds to the dropjaw ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,713 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    seen two Soc Dem members discussing " period poverty " on Twitter yesterday

both blokes

now thats WOKE dedication

Should they both have just sneered and “mocked” the poor people who menstruate instead?

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

Should they both have just sneered and “mocked” the poor people who menstruate instead?

hardly the point ?

sh1ting on about " period poverty " is pure virtue signalling

hardly the point ?

sh1ting on about " period poverty " is pure virtue signalling

It’s a, very, real and growing concern. At least they are discussing it publicly.

And, as members of a, growing, political party they will, almost certainly, be involved in “lobbying” to eradicate this blight on the poorer people who menstruate in this country.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

It’s a, very, real and growing concern. At least they are discussing it publicly.

And, as members of a, growing, political party they will, almost certainly, be involved in “lobbying” to eradicate this blight on the poorer people who menstruate in this country.

Seems a perfectly reasonable concern to me.

so you think there are women in ireland who cant afford tampons ?

• Advertisement

Hey!!!!! It's "people" who "menstruate".

So offensive.

Hey!!!!! It's "people" who "menstruate".

So offensive.

indeed

deeply " problematic "

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭CarProblem

It’s a, very, real and growing concern

It "sounds like" the kind of "thing" that's "definitely" in the "top 5" problems facing "the country" today

I "think" we should "park" worrying about "Covid" for a "week" and dedicated "pretty much" all "Dail time" to discussing this "matter "

Yes. You don’t?

There are likely women who have to make the choice between tampons, and something else that might also be needed.

There are quite a lot of people in Ireland on or below minimum wage for one reason or another, and Ireland is not an inexpensive country to live in, especially if you have children, and a low income.

TBH I figure that both tampons and condoms should be subsidized by the State, and make them both easily accessible for everyone. They shouldn't be a concern for anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Yes

Plan international ireland surveyed 1100 Irish girls from 12-19 and found 50% had issues around affordability of sanitary products

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Abel Ruiz

He, Him, They.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Well, I was 11 when I got my period. Too young to get a part time job to buy them for myself. What if I was from a below-the-breadline family? And getting your period that young isn’t that unusual.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 475 ✭✭AdrianBalboa

Male privilege, stand up and take a bow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭paw patrol

Yes. You don’t?
    Yes

Plan international ireland surveyed 1100 Irish girls from 12-19 and found 50% had issues around affordability of sanitary products

this is interesting to know - unless they went to the most marginalized in society there is no way 50% of Irish girls don't have access to tampons.
    50% !!

Can you verify what "can't afford" actually means? Cos I'd be sure a 12 year old couldn't afford them but I'd expect parents and guardians too.
    I'm not saying it doesn't happen but their parents and guardian would be getting the 140 pm for their upkeep and if they were adults we have a top shelf welfare system that the poor can access.

so we have two things here - shocking parenting or mis-management of monies received.
    poverty is not when you spend your money on other things.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Male privilege, stand up and take a bow.

Excuse me, men menstruate too. The ableism on display is horrifically presumptive too. Shameful comment.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,913 ✭✭✭Cordell

paw patrol wrote: »
    poverty is not when you you spend your money on other things.

These days poverty is a very flexible thing. For example, the millennials drinking their pumpkin lattes in starbucks while complaining on the social media that they can't afford a mortgage because they just got the new mac airbook pro - that's real poverty.

Omackeral wrote: »
    Excuse me, men menstruate too. The ableism on display is horrifically presumptive too. Shameful comment.

I beg your pardon, middle-aged men posing as women for the purposes of cheap titillation is right on. Otherwise you are a patriarchal oppressor and I'm sprinting to the nearest social media platform to register my outrage.

Signed,

This/that/these/those

• Registered Users Posts: 81,222 ✭✭✭✭biko

This woke wave has taught me one thing - it doesn't matter how rabid left you get, there is always someone more rabid than you with a twitter account to try to shame you.
    This is why the rabid left will always become more extreme as time goes by and eventually will eat itself.
    But as they do their thrashing and battling will hurt a lot of normal people.

https://www.thejournal.ie/biden-transgender-ban-overturn-5335334-Jan2021

“US PRESIDENT JOE Biden has overturned Donald Trump’s ban on transgender personnel serving in the military, saying “all Americans” qualified to serve should be able to do so.”

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭AllForIt

biko wrote: »
    This woke wave has taught me one thing - it doesn't matter how rabid left you get, there is always someone more rabid than you with a twitter account to try to shame you.
    This is why the rabid left will always become more extreme as time goes by and eventually will eat itself.

I think it's going to get a lot worse before it gets better though. I'm genuinely concered because wokeims comprises so many contencious issues all wrapped up in one, it's like the perfect bomb.

=====

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1388262/bbc-news-bbc-schools-learning-teacher-Understanding-Sexual-and-Gender-Identities

"A BBC educational programme aimed at children as young as nine years old features a scene where a teacher tells youngsters "there are over 100 if not more gender identities now""

Just this alone is going to take a few years to sort out.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,870 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

biko wrote: »

You discovered the word "rabid" today?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Biker79

I think it's going to get a lot worse before it gets better though. I'm genuinely concered because wokeims comprises so many contencious issues all wrapped up in one, it's like the perfect bomb.

=====

+1. I think there are too many people who aren't intelligent enough to live without religion, so they have made one up.

Most religions go through a trial and error process, as their tenets are tested in the real world, (usually involving wars ), before maturing....

So I would agree it's going to cause a lot of grief.

Yes. You don’t?

bar the homeless who number quite small in terms of women , i dont believe many cant afford sanitary products , certainly not enough for it to have its own sub category of activism

when it comes to the WOKE however , doesnt matter if the cause is trans Roma gypsies , its a big deal if they decide its worth clicks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭NewMan1982

I find it hard to believe tampons or sanitary towels cannot be afforded. You’d want to be seeing a persons incomings and outgoings before taking that as fact.

Most people I know are bad with money management.

You pay for all your essentials before you spend on luxury items.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement