Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wokeism of the day *Revised Mod Note in OP and threadbanned users*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,713 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

biko wrote: »
    But as they do their thrashing and battling will hurt a lot of normal people.

“Normal” Irish people or are you including immigrants, like yourself, in that?

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

The US Woke spectrum graphed...

4va3wo.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 475 ✭✭AdrianBalboa

lol pulling the ladder up behind him. More Gael than the Gaels themselves

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Abel Ruiz

Where is our new "friend"???
    She, ze, her, hxm, zhey, dayo, dude, dxde. Womxnix, big hairy ball-ixxxxx

I love all the dudes that are right on!!!!!
    We need more than 4 woke pexple on bxards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 81,222 ✭✭✭✭biko

Normal people, like all people were only 20 years ago. Do you remember that far back or maybe you weren't born then?
    Do you remember Dublin 2000?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

NewMan1982 wrote: »
    I find it hard to believe tampons or sanitary towels cannot be afforded. You’d want to be seeing a persons incomings and outgoings before taking that as fact.

Most people I know are bad with money management.

You pay for all your essentials before you spend on luxury items.

I don’t really fancy withholding period products from preteen girls, do you?

Zebra3 wrote: »
    You discovered the word "rabid" today?
    Yes, yesterday's word was "rabbi" but I couldn't use it because of all the antisemitism of the rabid left :D

It's been done for millennia, but 2021 it's no longer "natural" to breastfeed and it may apparently cause mams to not vaccinate their kids.

image.jpg

CNN was on the trains of course https://edition.cnn.com/2016/03/04/health/breast-feeding-natural-vaccine-fears/index.html

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭ingalway

It's been done for millennia, but 2021 it's no longer "natural" to breastfeed and it may apparently cause mams to not vaccinate their kids.

image.jpg

CNN was on the trains of course https://edition.cnn.com/2016/03/04/health/breast-feeding-natural-vaccine-fears/index.html

Of course this is so transphobic as it never even mentions male fathers who have given birth and chestfeed. Bigots.

I bet no one would dare say that is not 'natural'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭NewMan1982

I don’t really fancy withholding period products from preteen girls, do you?

How are they being withheld?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,266 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

I would consider myself very 'anti-woke' but period poverty is a thing and doesn't deserve to be in this thread. Tampons are an essential item and should be subsidised by the state and be available for free in school bathrooms. This should not be a controversial opinion.

Kingp35 wrote: »
    be available for free in school bathrooms.
    Hear hear, as well as instructions (I don't know if that comes with the stuff).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

image.jpg

Surprise surprise , more idiotic statements from a university.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,697 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

You either missed or choose to ignore the rest of his sentence, which reads, "and giving them equal access."

Another week another woke post .

https://twitter.com/POTUS/status/1354056690027683841

Not racial equality, but racial equity.
    Black Privilege.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,913 ✭✭✭Cordell

Cool, I can't wait for the launch of the white lives matter movement and white history month and white music festival and so on.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,657 ✭✭✭storker

CNN was on the trains of course

You'd think a university would be able to recognise a slippery slope fallacy when it sees one...

Not racial equality, but racial equity.
    Black Privilege.
    That is what the end result is.
    It's not about equality anymore, that is already achieved. Now it's about shifting resources further.

Equality is having the same opportunities, whether you are Indian or African.
    Equity is getting the same result, whether you are Indian or African.

It won't stop there. Just as females were pushed into positions of leadership using "positive discrimination", this will happen too for immigrants.
    The problem then of course becomes the self-doubt - "Did I get this job because I am good at what I do, or am I a token leader?"

How are they being withheld?

Well, getting one’s period as young as 10 or 11 isn’t unusual now. The age has been reducing for a long time. Do you imagine that none of those 10 or 11 year olds live in poverty? Statistically, there has to be some who do. And they’re too young to work to earn money to buy those products.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,081 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

Critical ethnic studies in Californian schools have marked Jews as a privileged class..... let that sink in

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

silverharp wrote: »
    Critical ethnic studies in Californian schools have marked Jews as a privileged class..... let that sink in

So what, are you surprised?
    If you're coming for a middle class (or above) background, you're educated and you earn above average, you have no criminal convictions then you are privileged and you display all the necessary signs of white privilege. Even if you're black.

• Advertisement

Cordell wrote: »
    Cool, I can't wait for the launch of the white lives matter movement and white history month and white music festival and so on.
    Just try to and see how quickly it gets associated with KKK & Nazis by certain vested interests, equality these days means that some are to become more equal than others.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,081 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

Cordell wrote: »
    So what, are you surprised?
    If you're coming for a middle class (or above) background, you're educated and you earn above average, you have no criminal convictions then you are privileged and you display all the necessary signs of white privilege. Even if you're black.

it opens a door that I would have thought be better kept closed , given a certain European artist from the last century who had come to the same conclusion

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

storker wrote: »
    You'd think a university would be able to recognise a slippery slope fallacy when it sees one...
    But they know how to divide and conquer!

A cartoon that summarises just how successful wokeism has become in diverting attention from the real enemy!

541026.jpeg

The real enemy is
    depends on who you are, we all have different ideas on who the common enemy is and many of us believe it to be one group, the very group who are assisting in the promotion of wokism!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,768 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

The hard on many in the modern left have for putting Jews in their corner is very disturbing.

There are no shortage of disturbing things though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 475 ✭✭AdrianBalboa

Mfaco grew up in Khayelitsha in Cape Town.
    He has a degree in politics and public administration from the University of the Western Cape.

He applied for a scholarship for a master degree in University College Dublin and moved to Ireland in 2015.
    Mfaco applied for asylum in Ireland after completing his masters in 2017.

I don't doubt life as a gay man in SA can be hard but tbh it doesn't seem to warrant refugee status.
    Khayelitsha is very poor though.
    It’s interesting that the kind of people who moan about any of kind of positive discrimination ie hiring more women in management positions are also the same kind of people who think university places should be kept only for Irish people.
    And you're basing this on what?
    That is what the end result is.
    It's not about equality anymore, that is already achieved. Now it's about shifting resources further.

Equality is having the same opportunities, whether you are Indian or African.
    Equity is getting the same result, whether you are Indian or African.

It won't stop there. Just as females were pushed into positions of leadership using "positive discrimination", this will happen too for immigrants.
    The problem then of course becomes the self-doubt - "Did I get this job because I am good at what I do, or am I a token leader?"

lol I knew it.

lol I knew it.

You've lost me. All you're showing is that you make statements without any attempt at supporting them. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,697 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Good news everyone , the internet has some great new campaigners for regulation , Prince Harry and his wagon.

https://www.spiked-online.com/2021/01/26/harry-and-meghan-patrons-of-online-censorship/
    Harry and Meghan’s Archewell Foundation – a venture promoting various wellbeing-style initiatives – is about to launch a partnership with a leftist lobby group founded by a pair of academic critical theorists from the University of California. Their mutual aim is the further censorship of the internet.
    The UCLA Centre for Critical Internet Inquiry, known as C2i2, was created by Safiya Noble and Sarah T Roberts. Those wanting to understand the goals of C2i2 should check out its founders’ work. Take Noble’s own book, Algorithms of Oppression. This claims that ‘search engines, specifically Google, perpetuate discrimination and racism’.

Noble wants the US government to ‘regulate decency’, and to stop search engines ‘imposing cultural values on a group’. This would mean almost anything could be censored according to the ‘the values assign to racial, gendered and sexual identities, as evidenced by the types of results that are retrieved’. This, she muses, might be ‘a permanent technical fix’ for ‘racist and sexist content’.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭NewMan1982

Well, getting one’s period as young as 10 or 11 isn’t unusual now. The age has been reducing for a long time. Do you imagine that none of those 10 or 11 year olds live in poverty? Statistically, there has to be some who do. And they’re too young to work to earn money to buy those products.

I’m not really sure of the age relevance? Is it really different to a 14/15 year old?

A child/teenager should be having their sanitary products, food, clothes, medication and other essential items bought by their parents.

Parents receive social welfare payments which should cover the above essential items.

I’m not really sure of the age relevance? Is it really different to a 14/15 year old?

A child/teenager should be having their sanitary products, food, clothes, medication and other essential items bought by their parents.

Parents receive social welfare payments which should cover the above essential items.

Because a teenager can at least do some part-time work: baby-sitting, dog-sitting etc. People don’t generally give those jobs to 11 year olds.

You see no issue with a 10 or 11 year old getting their period and having no access to money or sanitary products? How do you think they should procure them?

Children SHOULD be getting those things from their parents. However, some aren’t. Shall we let those children suffer whilst we say “should woulda coulda”? I find it most curious that some people think that children should pay for the sins of their parents.

• Advertisement

it opens a door that I would have thought be better kept closed , given a certain European artist from the last century who had come to the same conclusion

Identity politics opened that door. It slammed it open so hard it's going to be very difficult to close it back again.
    And, just like the artist, the people driving these "new" ideas think they're doing something great.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement