Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wokeism of the day *Revised Mod Note in OP and threadbanned users*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭COVID

Sir Oxman wrote: »
    He definitely skewered Farage.
    I listened live to the Rees-Mogg one - O'Brien completely failed IMO and I was egging him on, but Mogg swatted his gotchas away and O'Brien ended up sounding like a lunatic!:pac:

Tbh, he nearly always sounds like a lunatic, resulting from a potent mix of massive ego and turbo-charged intensity when he's arguing his point.
    That's why I was very surprised at his calm demeanour during his spell as BBC's 'Newsnight' presenter; perhaps he downed a few elephant tranquilisers in the green room beforehand.

Anyway, all the above notwithstanding, he's obviously a very smart, intelligent guy. So to describe him as: ''not being particularly bright'', is way off the mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭RandRuns

COVID wrote: »
    Tbh, he nearly always sounds like a lunatic, resulting from a potent mix of massive ego and turbo-charged intensity when he's arguing his point.
    That's why I was very surprised at his calm demeanour during his spell as BBC's 'Newsnight' presenter; perhaps he downed a few elephant tranquilisers in the green room beforehand.

Anyway, all the above notwithstanding, he's obviously a very smart, intelligent guy. So to describe him as: ''not being particularly bright'', is way off the mark.

Much harder to do a couple of lines on TV than it is on radio I'd imagine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

biko wrote: »
    Saw plenty of black men and women in America at the beginnings of the protests last year just like this young woman - logical, intelligent non-performative, non-culty people are present (I hope in large numbers) but hardly ever get a mention on mainstream media.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

Sir Oxman wrote: »
    Saw plenty of black men and women in America at the beginnings of the protests last year just like this young woman - logical, intelligent non-performative, non-culty people are present (I hope in large numbers) but hardly ever get a mention on mainstream media.

It's a lot easier to be a victim than to think for yourself. Any black person that thinks like her is called a coon, uncle tom, house nxgger . The media and politicians have a lot to answer for stoking flames which has created more of a divide than unity. While I agree that individual acts of racism still occurs, it's nowhere near the level people are trying to portray as. I found this fella Larry Elder on youtube . He grew up in the hood and talks about the hypocrisy going on in America today . Here's one of his videos where he shuts up a woke interview from TMZ.

https://youtu.be/1xoDvfJK5yE

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 Sorcha Dhuisigh _She_Her_

biko wrote: »

That is not the general lived experience of a POC and she does not represent all POC, as much as whyte people here want to hear her message as true.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

Stop the planet. Are Labour that stupid to think we forgot their BS?

https://twitter.com/griptmedia/status/1356196003716730881

That is not the general lived experience of a POC and she does not represent all POC, as much as whyte people here want to hear her message as true.

Did you just assume xers gender, bigot?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Whyte?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Biker79

Titania is in the house.

Welcome.

• Advertisement

RandRuns wrote: »
    Did you just assume xers gender, bigot?

No, she is cis and goes by she/her.

halfblackconservative - look her up. She is among other things a Trump supporter and parrots a lot of the arguments of the alt-right/neo-nazis.

https://twitter.com/griptmedia/status/1356196003716730881

Ffs... No wonder labour have only 6 seats in the Dail. Hopefully they keep coming out with more rubbish so get no seats in the next election

halfblackconservative - look her up. She is among other things a Trump supporter and parrots a lot of the arguments of the alt-right/neo-nazis.

What's a cis ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,964 ✭✭✭Cordell

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cis%E2%80%93trans_isomerism

The reason they call a real male a cis male and a real woman a cis woman is simple: when you have cis males and trans males, they all are a kind of male, so none of them will be the actual males and the other make-pretend males. Same for women.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,720 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

What's a cis ?

It's short for cistern

cera-ceramic-cistern-500x500.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Women and girls menstruate.

Boys and ment do not . even unicorns don't or space aliens or self driving speaking cars from 80's tv (television )

It's short for cistern

That is certain to yank a few chains! :D

It's short for cistern

And just like the word cis , both belong in the toilet

Why does the term cis make you uncomfortable? Why do you want a word that helps marginalised groups feel included flushed down the toilet?

• Advertisement

Why does the term cis make you uncomfortable

Women or men

No such ****e as cis other than on twatter

Why does the term cis make you uncomfortable? Why do you want a word that helps marginalised groups feel included flushed down the toilet?
    Because it is yet another pointless label that certain people like to attach to themselves to make themselves feel special and claim marginalisation.
    With the added bonus of attempting to make the majority feel uncomfortable in themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,275 ✭✭✭km991148

Gatling wrote: »
    Women or men

Nah, I can think of many, many other descriptive words for some :pac:

km991148 wrote: »
    Nah, I can think of many, many other descriptive words for some

The same applies to a few I can name ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,275 ✭✭✭km991148

Gatling wrote: »
    The same applies to a few I can name ;)

Glad you took it in the original spirit of after hours, sometimes this is a dry shyte of a place.

km991148 wrote: »
    Glad you took it in the original spirit of after hours, sometimes this is a dry shyte of a place.

If it's not for fun why bother

You're a troll
    I've incorporated a checking routine in to my life every day of this month. I take 5 minutes at the end of the day to check my privilege and reflect on any instances where I may have diminished someone else's experience or not been a good enough ally. Doing it for the month of February, but I may keep it up afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,259 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Invidious wrote: »
    Every single one of those photos depicts a white heterosexual bride and a white heterosexual groom!

Where's the diversity?? :mad:

Could you not find any images showing gay men, lesbians, black couples, Asian couples, or the differently abled? :mad:

It has to be the most disgustingly exclusionary and heteronormative thing I've seen all day. Seriously, it's 2021.

(:pac:)

A "diverse" wedding with too many guests happened in Tralee lately, you can work that out for yourselves, no fines etc to report.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭99nsr125

Stop using insulting pronouns to describe my gender, it ranks of sexism and discrimination

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

I had my “suspicions” on this “new” poster’s writing “style”
    keano_afc wrote: »
    Whyte?

Then it “re-jigged” the old memory.
    Also, and this is very important, please don’t misgender me. It’s Emmet, not Emma. I am a cis whyte male, my “preferred” pronouns are on display in my signature.
    Omackeral wrote: »
    What in Christ's name is this new gimmick?

Very “suspicious” activity.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement