Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wokeism of the day *Revised Mod Note in OP and threadbanned users*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,004 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

No it's not that difficult sweetie.

Inclusionary intersectional feminists have no issue with this. Awards are great, but not when they totally exclude minority caregivers like LGBTQ+ couples.

How does mother of the year exclude lesbians, and bisexual women?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,964 ✭✭✭Cordell

silverharp wrote: »
    god forbid normal people get credit for anything these days

https://twitter.com/RitaPanahi/status/1358681037887315969

*TRIGGERED*

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

RandRuns wrote: »
    Back onto the period poverty subject someone mentioned earlier -

Could somebody explain this to me?

The market produces these products, they are in all the shops.

I presume a range is available at various prices.

Why would the State intervene to make them cheaper or free?

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭RandRuns

Geuze wrote: »

Because the patriachy that's why.

Funny that this never seemed to be an issue until the loons managed to make boys having periods a thing people said without laughing.

Vicxas wrote: »
    Careful, her woke level is over 9000

She condescendingly called someone sweetie so she must be a pro at this. Beware.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭emmalynn19

No it's not that difficult sweetie.

Inclusionary intersectional feminists have no issue with this. Awards are great, but not when they totally exclude minority caregivers like LGBTQ+ couples.

Classic. Is this a troll? If so its very good.

emmalynn19 wrote: »

Has to be, real wokies are never this much fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,826 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

emmalynn19 wrote: »

A troll or a prominent politician.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Danzy wrote: »
    A troll or a prominent politician.

Could be a Green Party councillor, they're fairly close to parody most of the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭Barna77

Vicxas wrote: »
    Careful, her woke level is over 9000

I could play the foreigner and gay card (wokes wet dream) to improve my stats :pac:

*damn I'm a white male

• Advertisement

O'Neill wrote: »
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-55970058

Is it woke to find these comments abhorrent from a sitting MP?

The statement said it was "both astonishing and shocking" that Mr Campbell watched the programme and "saw only skin colour".

Is that racist? It seems to me to be exactly what campaigns like "Oscars So White" are doing. Is it only racist if white people do it?

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Sorcha Dhuisigh _She_Her_

Geuze wrote: »

Because it's inequitable that almost half of the population are forced to pay for a basic human need. Some vulnerable people who have periods literally have to choose between hygiene and feeding themselves. Period poverty is a serious issue and I'm glad to see it being addressed by the government, but I agree with Una Mulally that the original Labour party bill was superior.

. Some vulnerable people who have periods .

Women have periods.

If you're not a woman, and find yourself bleeding profusely, then you have suffered a serious injury, and should seek immediate medical attention.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Mike Murdock

Danzy wrote: »
    That's the old Left, the modern left is full of people who have benefited most from neo liberalism and are upper middle class and upwardly mobile.

The medley of left, woke, progressive are a class signifier as well these days.

Marks one out as the right sort of people, welcome at the meeting, dinner party or office.

Which is why, at best, they don't give a **** about the working classes and at worst, hold them in utter contempt.

Women have periods.

If you're not a woman, and find yourself bleeding profusely, then you have suffered a serious injury, and should seek immediate medical attention.

You obviously don't know much about anatomy if you think we bleed "profusely" during periods, but that isn't surprising.

You know well that having periods is not limited to just women, as trans folk can also have periods.

In any case, my post was about period poverty. Have you any views on that or the proposed legislation by the government?

You obviously don't know much about anatomy if you think we bleed "profusely" during periods, but that isn't surprising.

You know well that having periods is not limited to just women, as trans folk can also have periods.

In any case, my post was about period poverty. Have you any views on that or the proposed legislation by the government?

Profusely is in the eye of the beholder - I think a lot of women would disagree with you.
    Trans "folk" can't have periods - only women can. Yes, a woman who believes herself to be a man can have periods (proving definitively that she is suffering from a delusion), but a man who believes himself to be a woman cannot, no matter how he wishes it so.

My view is that unless a woman is being denied the welfare due to all people in this country, she should be able to afford sanitary products, however I think as a general rule, making them free is a good idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,729 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

Folk?

Is George Bush here.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,274 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Invidious

Awards are great, but not when they totally exclude minority caregivers like LGBTQ+ couples.

One of the UK's most prestigious literary prizes, the Women's Prize for Fiction, can be awarded only to a female author — and thus excludes all men, including gay, minority, and trans men. Should this award also be abolished, in your view?

Invidious wrote: »
    One of the UK's most prestigious literary prizes, the Women's Prize for Fiction, can be awarded only to a female author — and thus excludes all men, including gay, minority, and trans men. Should this award also be abolished, in your view?

As long as all women, including trans women, are included I would have no issue. As it stands it should be cancelled.

• Advertisement

But if a woman becomes a man, he won't be having periods, because he's now a man. Right?

No. He might still have periods.

Men can have babies now. And have done.

I am not in complete understanding pr agreement of the concept but yes. Men can now have periods and babies.

As long as all women, including trans women, are included I would have no issue. As it stands it should be cancelled.

Maybe just cancel everything to avoid offending anyone ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Invidious

Trans individuals are eligible as long as they are "legally defined as a woman or of the female sex." Anyone who wishes to enter as a female author is required to produce a gender recognition certificate showing their legal gender.

Invidious wrote: »
    Trans individuals are eligible as long as they are "legally defined as a woman or of the female sex." Anyone who wishes to enter as a female author is required to produce a gender recognition certificate showing their legal gender.

Good Lord what a brave new world we live in - where gender recognition certificates are a thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭WrenBoy

Good Lord what a brave new world we live in - where gender recognition certificates are a thing.

You got a licence for them balls mate !?

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Mike Murdock

Who knows? Who cares? All we can do is laugh at the mentally ill far left.

Given the influence that they have on framing public policy, it's really not a laughing matter.

WrenBoy wrote: »
    You got a licence for them balls mate !?
    What happens if you get too many points and it's revoked! :eek:

Who knows? Who cares? All we can do is laugh at the mentally ill far left.
    Don't bother arguing, it's like wrestling with a pig, you both get dirty and the pig enjoys it.

Best thing to do is go the legal route and lobby the politicians to put an end to the silly stuff before it's too late, don't vote for "woken" politicians!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

Because it's inequitable that almost half of the population are forced to pay for a basic human need. Some vulnerable people who have periods literally have to choose between hygiene and feeding themselves.

I'm assuming this is a joke?

Food and clothing are basic human needs, but the State does not intervene in the production or allocation of food or clothing.

We leave it to the market.

If somebody can show that the market isn't providing these goods, fair enough.

But as far as I know, all the supermarkets are well stocked.

I think they actually mean the provision of these goods in public toilets, in schools, colleges, etc., etc.?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

What happens if you get too many points and it's revoked! :eek:

Then this guy comes in

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement