Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wokeism of the day *Revised Mod Note in OP and threadbanned users*

Options

Comments

RandRuns wrote: »
    Ever heard the saying about never wrestling with a pig?

Nah.. I'm curious to see whether she can form a coherent argument, when the material is available on the same page.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭emmalynn19

What american tropes around "whiteness" have I adopted?
    The fact that 'white culture' is a thing for a start. I literally never heard anyone in this country refer to themselves as 'white' before this culture war bollocks started.

You sound like a Trump supporter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Invidious

emmalynn19 wrote: »
    The idea that there is some overarching 'white' culture that spans every nation, every language, religion, government type, every era since ancient Greece just because a group of people share a common ancestry is ****ing laughable.

It is laughable, yes. That's because the very concept of "white culture" comes from the Woke left, not from so-called "right-wingers," as you seem to believe.

For the record, there is no such thing as "black culture," either. There are thousands of different "black cultures," many of which have little in common.

Invidious wrote: »
    It is laughable, yes. That's because the very idea of "white culture" comes from the Woke left.
    What? There are several 'anti-woke' posters here claiming that 'white culture' is a thing!

They are just the other side of the culture wars coin. Clowns.

The fact that 'white culture' is a thing for a start. I literally never heard anyone in this country refer to themselves as 'white' before this culture war bollocks started.

I repeat... you asked the question, using that phrase.. which I responded to. I didn't mention "white culture" before then.

Try again.

"What american tropes around "whiteness" have I adopted?"

haha.. no. I'm not.

You're just throwing out dirt hoping something with stick.. and you're basing it all on absolutely nothing.

It's hilarious and pathetic at the same time. Kudos. :D

• Advertisement

You never heard an Irish person describe themself as White?

Ok...
    I said I never heard an Irish person describe themselves as white until this culture war bollocks started. Im 40+, the idea never occurred to me that I was 'white' when I was younger, what has it got to do with anything?

It probably different for kids like you, you are subsumed in this yank bollocks, it defines everything about you, how you think, shapes your entire world view. Its sad tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

I repeat... you asked the question, using that phrase.. which I responded to. I didn't mention "white culture" before then.

Try again.

"What american tropes around "whiteness" have I adopted?"

haha.. no. I'm not.

You're just throwing out dirt hoping something with stick.. and you're basing it all on absolutely nothing.

It's hilarious and pathetic at the same time. Kudos. :D

She referred to WASP culture. White Anglo Saxon Protestant

I said I never heard an Irish person describe themselves as white until this culture war bollocks started. Im 40+, the idea never occurred to me that I was 'white' when I was younger, what has it got to do with anything?

Probably because you grew up in a predominately white population with extremely limited exposure to those of different races.
    It probably different for kids like you, you are subsumed in this yank bollocks, it defines everything about you, how you think, shapes your entire world view. Its sad tbh.

I'm in my 40s too. Claiming to be older isn't really going to work here.. many posters here are of that age group or older.

OK yeah, you didnt write an short essay on what white culture is so.

Answering your question, using the phrasing that you used.

You really have problems understanding basic logic.. just as defending/backing up your statements is sadly lacking.

So.. you really have nothing to support your statements. Ok.

Repeating something over and over doesn't make it true. Thought you would have learned that by now..

• Advertisement

If you are 40+ you should have grown out of the school yard tactics by now. Demoralising and ridiculing people isn't nice.

If you are 40+ you should have grown out of the school yard tactics by now. Demoralising and ridiculing people isn't nice.
    Maybe you should head into your space space with your safety blanket snowflake.

Maybe you should head into your space space with your safety blanket snowflake.

I think you need some more cats

crazy-cat-lady.jpg

If a white person is accused of cultural appropriation for wearing dreadlocks, is that a valid accusation or complete rubbish?

Im not actually a woman lads, this username was randomly generated. Bit of an eye opener using a female named account around you Donald Trump enthusiasts, has to be said.

If a white person is accused of cultural appropriation for wearing dreadlocks, is that a valid accusation or complete rubbish?
    Cultural appropriation is horse****. White people with dreadlocks are usually best avoided.

Cultural appropriation is horse****. White people with dreadlocks are usually best avoided.

That sort of opinion would categorise you as a white supremacist among the SJW leftists. Would be interesting to hear you argue your way out of that.

Ever heard the saying about never wrestling with a pig?

curiosity satisfied. I'm done. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,370 ✭✭✭AllForIt

https://www.theguardian.com/world/commentisfree/2021/feb/08/the-phallic-necktie-is-an-outdated-symbol-of-white-male-rule-in-new-zealands-parliament

"Neckties are phallic symbols of white supremacy"

Always wondered why I was strangely attracted to a nice neck tie.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,811 ✭✭✭griffin100

We really should compile a list of things that contribute to white supremecy, so we can avoid them - I'll start, in addition to Maths, meantioned earlier, and yoga (above), there's;

Families
    "How the Nuclear Family Was Forced Upon Black Families"

Being Fit
    "The Normalization of White Male Privilege Through the Guise of an Objective Body"

Having a Culture
    "There is no White Culture"

Being Multiracial (yup, you read that right)
    The Kardashians' Multiracial White Supremecy

Being a Farmer, Being Socially Responsible, Being Heterosexual, and/or Having a Family
    Social Sustainability and the White, Nuclear Family: Constructions of Gender, Race, and Class at a Northwest Farmers' Market

Being an Academic, Being White, Supporting Anti-Racism, Not Accepting Every Single Complaint By a Black Person, No Matter How Outlandish As The Absolute Gospel Truth, Listening To Black People, Not Listening To Black People
    "A Checklist To Determine If You Are Supporting White Supremecy"

Being Comfortable, Not Listening To A Very Specific List of Films And Podcasts
    "12 Ways You Can Eradicate White Supremecy"

Feel free to add any I may have missed.

Edit; Need to add Dairy Products

This is well worth a listen to, I'm not a Joe Rogan fan usually but this sums up how ridiculous 'academia' has become.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭ArrBee

The idea of white culture has been affirmed and explained by several individuals since. They sound like MAGA heads tbh, but the irony of slagging this yank nonsense from a right-wing yank perspective is lost on them.

They are just as comical as the woke left.

To be fair though,
    If you hadn't asked and kept on banging the drum it wouldn't have been "several times".
    You've yourself to thank for that.

That sort of opinion would categorise you as a white supremacist among the SJW leftists. Would be interesting to hear you argue your way out of that.
    Why would I want to argue my way out anything? All culture is an amalgamation of other cultures, always has been.

Not everyone fits neatly into american culture war boxes.

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭RandRuns

AllForIt wrote: »
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/commentisfree/2021/feb/08/the-phallic-necktie-is-an-outdated-symbol-of-white-male-rule-in-new-zealands-parliament

That insufferable tosser Richard Branson goes around with a scissors (carried by a lackey obviously) cutting neckties off men at meetings and parties. I always wondered what kind of deep-seated feelings of inferiority and sexual inadequacy makes him do it.

ArrBee wrote: »
    To be fair though,
    If you hadn't asked and kept on banging the drum it wouldn't have been "several times".
    You've yourself to thank for that.
    Its almost like american right wing talking points dont stand up to any scrutiny. This thread is a collection of people who genuinely think wokeism is funny, a few confused kids who've picked a side in the US culture wars but dont really have the self-awareness to realise it, and a few bone-fide racists.

"White Culture", the absolute state of that. :D

Anyway, Ive to go and do some work. Its been enjoyable laughing at this nonsense all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭ArrBee

Its almost like american right wing talking points dont stand up to any scrutiny. This thread is a collection of people who genuinely think wokeism is funny, a few confused kids who've picked a side in the US culture wars but dont really have the self-awareness to realise it, and a few bone-fide racists.

Anyway, Ive to go and do some work. Its been enjoyable laughing at this nonsense all the same.

What, you mean like a cross section of society? 😋
    There's no entry criteria to the thread so there will be a mix.
    Including yourself!

Personally, I think it's good if an individual can take what's relivant to them from the internet without getting upset over any content that isn't.

Invidious wrote: »
    I can't wait to hear how a virus that can infect anyone is sexist (and no doubt racist, homophobic, etc as well).

Believe it or not, Channel 4 have thoughtfully made a programme telling you how Covid is racist.....

Is Covid Racist?

(I haven't watched it myself, but I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that they found the answer is yes).

Its almost like american right wing talking points dont stand up to any scrutiny. .

Oh the cruel irony..

What happened when you were asked to back up your statements? You deflected. Every time. Probably because you don't understand the concepts involved.

You're like a child repeating insults that she heard some adults say, without any appreciation for meaning (except for what she thinks it might be) and context.

So.. yeah.. you fit in really well with the woke contingent.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,870 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

Im not actually a woman lads, this username was randomly generated. Bit of an eye opener using a female named account around you Donald Trump enthusiasts, has to be said.

:eek: What a shocker.

I have to say, a lot of your posts on here are rather "uncivil".

Rothko wrote: »
    :eek: What a shocker.

I have to say, a lot of your posts on here are rather "uncivil".

It makes his Donald Trump obsession a little homoerotic wouldn't you say?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭Barna77

AllForIt wrote: »

Damn, I hear you. I do like a man wearing a nice tie. Then Trump came along and he ruined it.

What's next? Tanning is a symbol of white supremacy too?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement