Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wokeism of the day *Revised Mod Note in OP and threadbanned users*

Options

Comments

RandRuns wrote: »
    Feminism has a blind spot when it comes to real equality.

Feminism is not about equality. It's not a blind spot. Feminism relates to women's rights... The claim to equality is a PR stunt to make their demands more reasonable, but it's simple propaganda. History has shown that each time actual equality has been reached, they've marched past it expecting more rights, supports and more protections.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭Paddigol

LOLZ at all the poor snowflakes in this thread triggered by those horrible nasty dangerous woke types. Is there anything worse than a bitter snowflake? Gimme a woke-ist any day.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

Paddigol wrote: »
    LOLZ at all the poor snowflakes in this thread triggered by those horrible nasty dangerous woke types. Is there anything worse than a bitter snowflake? Gimme a woke-ist any day.

Being mean and being woke appear to manifest in the same individuals.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Cordell

Wokies only come in bitter snowflake flavour. The only time you can see a wokie being happy is when a conservative minded person had its life destroyed.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,697 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

You are undermining the point somewhat there that there is so sexism.

I was being sarcastic. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭RandRuns

Howya Emma, we missed you.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,697 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Projects in this country have been going way over budget and behind schedule for decades.

Nothing to do with Women - just collective bad strategic planning and the "It'll do" mentality of the country.

Plus the brown envelope culture

Plus the brown envelope culture

And complete disregard for the taxpayer from our elected superiors.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,992 ✭✭✭conorhal

Feminism is now about Selective Equality.

It's equality for me but not for thee.

You'll also never hear about the need for gender quotas in the teaching profession, which is overwhelmingly female, and one place a 50/50 quota would be beneficial to young boys.

Is there anything worse than a bitter snowflake? Gimme a woke-ist any day.

Yeah, I can think of something a lot worse. A person who dismisses the negative changes in society until its far too late to do anything about it, and then complains that nobody warned them of the possible dangers. Oh, no, these changes will never affect someone like you.. until they do.

I find the willful ignorance far more contemptible. The assumption that the people who engage in activism will stop when they've achieved their goals. History has shown that very few causes or activism stops when it's primary goals are reached, and tend to extend into further changes, since they've gained the momentum.

But hey, nobody is asking you to accept us bitter snowflakes. (Although I have no idea what I'm supposed to be bitter about.. since none of those arguing/bitching against us, has managed anything like a coherent argument)

• Advertisement

Tbf its as much craic watching the anti-woke getting worked up over harmless enough stuff aswell

One time,it was woke,who were silly and put out by pointless stuff,seems gone full circle and nearly every bit as irrational on far side now.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,772 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Tbf its as much craic watching the anti-woke getting worked up over harmless enough stuff aswell

One time,it was woke,who were silly and put out by pointless stuff,seems gone full circle every bit as irrational on far side now.

Ah sh1t's going too far.

People will be fired/sued for using the wrong pronoun the way things are going. The auld lad leading the Olympics is going to have to resign for saying that meetings involving women go on too long. Funny yeah, but on the other hand, it's someone losing their job for saying something harmless.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭JeffreyEpspeen

BattleCorp wrote: »
    Ah sh1t's going too far.

People will be fired/sued for using the wrong pronoun the way things are going. The auld lad leading the Olympics is going to have to resign for saying that meetings involving women go on too long. Funny yeah, but on the other hand, it's someone losing their job for saying something harmless.

Sh1te like that is too far (seriously dont understand,whole.pronoun thing).

But from what i seen,the scottish rugby last weekend some took knee (pointless imo!!) and some didnt.....

The only people i seen discuss it online were anti-woke folk,who got worked up over a preceived large scale backlash about to occur,that simply didnt happen

If they find emselves imagining up scenarios to get outraged about,i feel them presenting as anti-woke is then a form of satire.......and no harm,if it is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Biker79

You could power a small town with the bitterness and rancour from a handful of Wokies.

Also, Boots are doing a 2 for 1 special on blue hair dye. You're welcome.

If they find emselves imagining up scenarios to get outraged about,i feel them presenting as anti-woke is then a form of satire.......and no harm,if it is

Well, here's the thing. I don't get all worked up over the woke stuff. I've noticed people tend to throw that around, like we're all frothing at the mouth. Outrage. Hysterical. All descriptions intended discredit people. There's little requirement on being passionate if you wish to oppose something. TBH, that's more the case with the woke activists, who scream their opposition. (which is well documented in videos online.. far less so with those who oppose the woke movements)

I oppose this woke nonsense because it has been changing societies, and in turn, has real life consequences for people. While it's presence hasn't been felt much in Ireland yet, it does exist in other countries. It's well established in the US, and has made inroads into the UK. Both of which are nations, that tend to have a lot of influence on Irish culture over time. The reaction to BLM in Ireland and Europe has been a fair sign of that..

I don't need to imagine or create fantasies about how this woke stuff will affect society, because I can simply look at the US, or look at some of the policies or sponsored initiatives put forward by various governments. Whether it's the requirements on pronouns, the Trans 'debate', or whatever. There's plenty of choose from that exists in the world.. without needing to be created by us.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭Cyclonius

Biker79 wrote: »
    You could power a small town with the bitterness and rancour from a handful of Wokies. True story.

Also, Boots are doing a 2 for 1 special on blue hair dye. You're welcome.

Regarding the wokies, I always assumed that the hair dye had seeped into the brain somewhat...

Do we really want to leave them worse with the 2 for 1 special? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

The Critical Drinker bang on the money again re- the cowardly, obnoxious cancel culture (that definitely doesn't exist and if you say so yer a nazi) from the horrible, wokey crowd.
    Great storyboard for a film too.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ha9gO_i8B-g

• Registered Users Posts: 12,870 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

Sir Oxman wrote: »
    The Critical Drinker bang on the money again re- the cowardly, obnoxious cancel culture (that definitely doesn't exist and if you say so yer a nazi) from the horrible, wokey crowd.
    Great storyboard for a film too.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ha9gO_i8B-g

Brilliant.

Article in the journal (comments disabled) about trans children in Ireland not having access to “treatment”.
    Entire article littered with made up words and terminology.
    Scary.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭COVID

Article in the journal (comments disabled) about trans children in Ireland not having access to “treatment”.
    Scary.

Finnegans Woke!

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭ingalway

Scary.
    All articles in the journal that are trans related always have the comments turned off. No one is allowed any wrong thought/speak. Imagine if someone said that puberty blockers are not reversible, that most 'trans' children are perfectly fine as they are and many may eventually realise they are gay or not gay. If someone said that Self ID is a ridiculous thing or that trans identifying males should never be allowed to compete in female sports let alone be in the showers with them. Imagine that people were allowed to freely respond.

ingalway wrote: »
    All articles in the journal that are trans related always have the comments turned off. No one is allowed any wrong thought/speak. Imagine if someone said that puberty blockers are not reversible, that most 'trans' children are perfectly fine as they are and many may eventually realise they are gay or not gay. If someone said that Self ID is a ridiculous thing or that trans identifying males should never be allowed to compete in female sports let alone be in the showers with them. Imagine that people were allowed to freely respond.

I don't think it would change anything... these kind of journalists (like most politicians) are more interested in what they, themselves, think... than what other people do. Especially when it comes to the Internet, where it's easy to dismiss opinions as being extreme.

We really need to be voicing our objections offline in the real world if we want anything to change. It's how the woke movement became successful.. before when they were solely online (or on university campuses), it was easy to dismiss them, but they've since spread to the media, and protesting/marching, making themselves be heard, irrespective of the dismissal of most people thinking them to be loony. It works.

The Trans debate is the perfect example of this because there is no actual debate going on. Protests/marches, and media articles are making a seriously small issue into a major one, which has gained remarkable recognition in the last few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Scary.

Dont go near the journal is the answer there :D

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭JeffreyEpspeen

https://www.thecut.com/2021/02/game-of-thrones-actor-esme-bianco-marilyn-manson.html

Read all of this and there are so many red flags about her accusations. The definition of what consent entails seems to change on a monthly basis.

There is nothing wrong with calling Trump a Nazi though or all his supporters racist white supremacists :confused:
    He’s well liked in Israel for a Nazi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

He’s well liked in Israel for a Nazi
    It's very odd. I see one commentator compare the woke left and the rest of society as that of intelligence versus stupidity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

Interesting article on the New York Times on how France is trying to reject the woke culture imported from the USA. It states: "Politicians and prominent intellectuals say social theories from the United States on race, gender and post-colonialism are a threat to French identity and the French republic." French intellectuals have now joined together to speak out against: "what they regard as contamination by the out-of-control woke leftism of American campuses and its attendant cancel culture."

Unfortunately this contamination has reached Irish shores with great speed, but I do not really hear our Irish intellectuals or politicians (no great surprise) speaking out about this cancel culture. There is the fear here that if you do speak out, you will be cancelled, even though this woke contamination is almost as bad as the other virus doing the rounds currently.

But Jews are even more protected than women.

As they should be.
    I see the common thread of victim-claiming among the woke and "anti-woke" unfortunately. The "anti-woke" claim to acknowledge that we're not all equal/the same yet complain when that plays out. When it comes to Jews there was a concerted effort to wipe them out less than a century ago, nations across an entire continent turned their backs (and far worse even aside from the Germans) on them and were prepared to allow a culture present in Europe longer than Christianity to be completely erased.
    So yeah, Jews are more protected than women and anyone who has a problem with that can either **** off or grow up.

As for Carano, she was generally being an arsehole. She was likely warned but continued on. Fair enough, her choice. Posting conspiracies (ticking the boxes for the pandemic and the election) is a nonsense and the comparing poor little Republicans to the Jews who were destroyed in their millions less than a century ago is a pathetic. Anyone who doesn't (or pretends to not) see the issue with her tweets can also **** off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,978 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

i agree that neckties are a phallic symbol that literally scream "look at my immense penis" and have no place in modern society

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement