Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wokeism of the day *Revised Mod Note in OP and threadbanned users*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,096 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

I see why they dont teach history anymore

https://twitter.com/women_direct/status/1359954255516475392

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

silverharp wrote: »

yaaaas qweeeeen!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭RandRuns

History doesn't matter any more, only appearing woke does.

Is it time the all-white period drama was made extinct?

Mayo County Council offering €7k to write an "LGBTI stategy" for them. No wonder the woke are so enthusiatic about it, it's money for old rope.

There musn't be a pothole or a family on the housing list in Mayo.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭JeffreyEpspeen

As they should be.
    I see the common thread of victim-claiming among the woke and "anti-woke" unfortunately. The "anti-woke" claim to acknowledge that we're not all equal/the same yet complain when that plays out. When it comes to Jews there was a concerted effort to wipe them out less than a century ago, nations across an entire continent turned their backs (and far worse even aside from the Germans) on them and were prepared to allow a culture present in Europe longer than Christianity to be completely erased.
    So yeah, Jews are more protected than women and anyone who has a problem with that can either **** off or grow up.

As for Carano, she was generally being an arsehole. She was likely warned but continued on. Fair enough, her choice. Posting conspiracies (ticking the boxes for the pandemic and the election) is a nonsense and the comparing poor little Republicans to the Jews who were destroyed in their millions less than a century ago is a pathetic. Anyone who doesn't (or pretends to not) see the issue with her tweets can also **** off.

So? The English tried to wipe us out 170 years ago and what leverage did we get out of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭RubyGlee

NHS midwives being told to avoid terms like, mother and breastfeeding and instead use birthing parent and chest feeding

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

So? The English tried to wipe us out 170 years ago and what leverage did we get out of it?

Please elaborate?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

RandRuns wrote: »
    Mayo County Council offering €7k to write an "LGBTI stategy" for them. No wonder the woke are so enthusiatic about it, it's money for old rope.

There musn't be a pothole or a family on the housing list in Mayo.

That's a lot of money for a transition year student ......

That's a lot of money for a transition year student ......

Especially since all they'll have to do is photocopy the national strategy (or any other councils one).

• Advertisement

RubyGlee wrote: »
    NHS midwives being told to avoid terms like, mother and breastfeeding and instead use birthing parent and chest feeding
    That sounds so ridiculous, that you really need to provide a link.

Especially since all they'll have to do is photocopy the national strategy (or any other councils one).

I think you & I should do it together and self-identity as nonbinary tans men. We can dress up and make a day of it. ...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,726 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

You would have that in an afternoon. I am obviously in the wrong business.

I think you & I should do it together and self-identity as nonbinary tans men. We can dress up and make a day of it. ...

Sounds like a plan. There's surely a couple of well-paid NGO board positions in the offing.

That sounds so ridiculous, that you really need to provide a link.

It's real - I've seen it:eek:

https://gript.ie/use-chestfeeding-ditch-terms-mother-and-woman-midwives-told-in-new-trans-policy/

• Registered Users Posts: 14,697 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Wibbs wrote: »
    Indeed, but what is your take on yer man's tweet directly comparing Jewish kids in concentration camps with Mexican kids in US cages(that weren't). She understandably gets fired, he not so understandably gets praise and yet both were erroneously equating the holocaust with American policy and political culture(that was long in play before the orange eejit). There is definitely hypocrisy about.

Its the hypocrisy of the social left that really grates.

If Trump does something, its always spun in a negative manner by the MSM or the wokists.
    If a Democrat or Trump hater does the same thing its spun in a positive manner.

Trump charged with impeachment for inciting a riot whilst numerous Democrats fail to condemn BLM riots that caused 2bn worth of damage, and the deaths of over 30 people.
    Certain Democrats made incendiary remarks, but thats ok, they were peaceful protests you see.
    If Trump says those things its inciting a riot though.
    His supporters are terrorists whilst the BLM thugs are peaceful protesters.

Nancy Pelosi getting her hair done.
    Just the other day she fined 2 Republicans for the exact same thing she was guilty of .
    https://nypost.com/2021/02/06/gop-wants-pelosi-fined-for-ignoring-metal-detector-rule-in-capitol/

I could go on and on, the hypocrisy is widespread.
    Biden calling for unity now when his party have been stoking the fires of division for the last 4 years and saying that the 74m people that voted for Trump need to be reprogrammed.

How can you say to your brother, 'Let me take the speck out of your eye,' when all the time there is a plank in your own eye?

Some people really have too much time on their hands, they should be concentrating on the important stuff, like the child's health for starters!

Imagine if this was to happen the other way around. We've heard the argument of Cultural appropriation many times before but yet when its this way round, it is perfectly fine. It's odd how that works.

Castings you'll never see:

- Daniel Craig as Shaka Zulu.
    - Steve Buscemi as Martin Luther King
    - Kate Winslett as Rosa Parks
    - Ryan Gosling as the next black planter
    - Julia Roberts as Harriet Tubman
    - Paul Rudd as Nat Turner

• Registered Users Posts: 4,726 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

Imagine if this was to happen the other way around. We've heard the argument of Cultural appropriation many times before but yet when its this way round, it is perfectly fine. It's odd how that works.

Castings you'll never see:

- Daniel Craig as Shaka Zulu.
    - Steve Buscemi as Martin Luther King
    - Kate Winslett as Rosa Parks
    - Ryan Gosling as the next black planter
    - Julia Roberts as Harriet Tubman
    - Paul Rudd as Nat Turner

Also, would it not be more progressive and possibly more interesting to make a film about black royalty than putting a black person into a story we have seen a million times before.

I'm sure there are plenty of interesting stories that we haven't heard where you black people historically correctly in a story rather than tokenism.

• Advertisement

Male Trinity student comes second in women's race

“I registered online and clicked a box saying I was female. When I came to collect my race number from the Trinity Sports Centre, the lady there said “So you’re male?” as she went to make an adjustment to her spreadsheet. In a slightly triggered tone I said “No, I am female”, and that solved the matter.

“Seeing as it was a once off I don’t think Trinity Sport would risk incurring the wrath of the woke in their very heartland.”

Brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,870 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

“I registered online and clicked a box saying I was female. When I came to collect my race number from the Trinity Sports Centre, the lady there said “So you’re male?” as she went to make an adjustment to her spreadsheet. In a slightly triggered tone I said “No, I am female”, and that solved the matter.

“Seeing as it was a once off I don’t think Trinity Sport would risk incurring the wrath of the woke in their very heartland.”

Brilliant!

Hopefully, this will highlight the absurdity of it all.

Rothko wrote: »

More likely to get him cancelled.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

Brilliant!
    This story is appalling.
    He only came second.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Biker79

Kivaro wrote: »
    This story is appalling.
    He only came second.

Can still be a winner. Under woke enforced equality..you can come last and still be a champ.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,870 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

Biker79 wrote: »
    Can still be a winner. Under woke enforced equality..you can come last and still be a champ.

Everybody finishes equal.

There's one for everyone in the audience!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Its the hypocrisy of the social left that really grates.

If Trump does something, its always spun in a negative manner by the MSM or the wokists.
    If a Democrat or Trump hater does the same thing its spun in a positive manner.

Trump charged with impeachment for inciting a riot whilst numerous Democrats fail to condemn BLM riots that caused 2bn worth of damage, and the deaths of over 30 people.
    Certain Democrats made incendiary remarks, but thats ok, they were peaceful protests you see.
    If Trump says those things its inciting a riot though.
    His supporters are terrorists whilst the BLM thugs are peaceful protesters.

Nancy Pelosi getting her hair done.
    Just the other day she fined 2 Republicans for the exact same thing she was guilty of .
    https://nypost.com/2021/02/06/gop-wants-pelosi-fined-for-ignoring-metal-detector-rule-in-capitol/

I could go on and on, the hypocrisy is widespread.
    Biden calling for unity now when his party have been stoking the fires of division for the last 4 years and saying that the 74m people that voted for Trump need to be reprogrammed.

How can you say to your brother, 'Let me take the speck out of your eye,' when all the time there is a plank in your own eye?

Is the New York Post not an “MSM” publication? I can’t fail to notice that many of those who complain interminably about the MSM don’t mind believing it when it’s to their benefit. You can’t have it both ways. Do you distrust the MSM or don’t you?

Except they don't.

Every movement has an enemy. Someone they can point to, and say these people (or whatever) don't fit in, aren't acceptable or work against us. There's always an enemy. For feminism, it was (is) men. For the woke crowd, its anyone who doesn't agree with them, although men are still the preferred enemy.

The point being that equality under the woke system is selective. It's for everyone.. except those who don't fall into line with their beliefs. There a host of broken careers who have fallen foul to the woke agenda.. those who didn't agree, and those who didn't agree fast enough, or simply those who were needed as an example for what happens to those who don't fall into line.

Equality as a realistic aim is dead. Feminism doesn't want it. BLM certainly don't want it. And neither do the woke movements. Nor do most government agencies. (The UN and other organisations are firmly focused on feminist ambitions and don't spare much attention for boys/men around the world)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭Mike Murdock

He will be dismissed as a bad actor acting in Bad Faith.

The article mentions he is involved with the Irish Freedom Party so the woke and Media will focus on that.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement