Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wokeism of the day *Revised Mod Note in OP and threadbanned users*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

RandRuns wrote: »
    Male Trinity student comes second in women's race

“I registered online and clicked a box saying I was female. When I came to collect my race number from the Trinity Sports Centre, the lady there said “So you’re male?” as she went to make an adjustment to her spreadsheet. In a slightly triggered tone I said “No, I am female”, and that solved the matter.

“Seeing as it was a once off I don’t think Trinity Sport would risk incurring the wrath of the woke in their very heartland.”

Brilliant!

I know the old Buttery bar is gone but buy that man woman guy a pint :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭HansKroenke

https://www.irishtimes.com/culture/tv-radio-web/justin-timberlake-apologises-to-britney-spears-and-janet-jackson-1.4483609

What a pathetic excuse for a man JT is. For both what he actually did and how he apologised.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,726 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

https://www.irishtimes.com/culture/tv-radio-web/justin-timberlake-apologises-to-britney-spears-and-janet-jackson-1.4483609

What a pathetic excuse for a man JT is. For both what he actually did and how he apologised.

Bit late now anyway. Poor Britney.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

The point being that equality under the woke system is selective.

What is equality exactly? Does it mean equal opportunity or does it mean equal outcome regardless of ability, work ethic, life choice etc?

If the latter then you are creating a destructive and inefficient system that is inherently unfair and unjust.

What is equality exactly? Does it mean equal opportunity or does it mean equal outcome regardless of ability, work ethic, life choice etc?

If the latter then you are creating a destructive and inefficient system that is inherently unfair and unjust.

It should be equality of opportunity.

• Advertisement

Soon breastfeeding will be deemed a transphobic term linked to far right extremists. And we will all use chestfeeding out of fear of being labelled hateful bigots. Give it 5 years but it will happen unless we all refuse to obey. There will be some brave people who will lose their careers no doubt. That will be enough to strike fear into the rest of the herd until full compliance is achieved.

“I registered online and clicked a box saying I was female. When I came to collect my race number from the Trinity Sports Centre, the lady there said “So you’re male?” as she went to make an adjustment to her spreadsheet. In a slightly triggered tone I said “No, I am female”, and that solved the matter.

“Seeing as it was a once off I don’t think Trinity Sport would risk incurring the wrath of the woke in their very heartland.”

Brilliant!

At least some students still have a sense of humour. Love that little stunt!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,096 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 109 ✭✭iagreebut

I turned around to my 20 year old son when we were walking through Dunnes stores the other day.

I said son are you woke ?

He looked at me and laughed, then said the woke crowd are angry unpopular and nobody really cares.

Imagine if we had the WOKE culture in school in the 90's ?

But I think that wokeness shoite is losing traction and the next generation of kids are starting to get interested in reality rather than identity politics etc

My nephew and his friends leave their phones at home because they have an excuse to be home late and be out of touch with their parents.

If they want to watch something on YouTube they can do that in the evening time, there's more interesting things to do in the woods and down by the river..

Thank fck, kid's are getting back to normality and not reading and listening to propaganda on the internet..

All this wokeness and liberal lefty ****e has ruined a few generations, kids and teenagers are getting bombarded with so much shoite these days.

Identity politics and liberals can go way out of it...go on now piss off with your victimisation and get some therapy or create a band draw a picture or build a campfire somewhere...

Woke ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

iagreebut wrote: »
    I turned around to my 20 year old son when we were walking through Dunnes stores the other day.

I said son are you woke ?

He looked at me and laughed, then said the woke crowd are angry unpopular and nobody really cares.

Imagine if we had the WOKE culture in school in the 90's ?

But I think that wokeness shoite is losing traction and the next generation of kids are starting to get interested in reality rather than identity politics etc

My nephew and his friends leave their phones at home because they have an excuse to be home late and be out of touch with their parents.

If they want to watch something on YouTube they can do that in the evening time, there's more interesting things to do in the woods and down by the river..

Thank fck, kid's are getting back to normality and not reading and listening to propaganda on the internet..

All this wokeness and liberal lefty ****e has ruined a few generations, kids and teenagers are getting bombarded with so much shoite these days.

Identity politics and liberals can go way out of it...go on now piss off with your victimisation and get some therapy or create a band draw a picture or build a campfire somewhere...

Woke ffs

Kids will generally reject what the establishment imposes on them, the real kicker for the left is they can't accept that they are now establishment, they're not fighting the maaan anymore.

The real funny thing is I know women in their 20s and 30s now who are too embarrased to call themsevles feminists anymore :o

silverharp wrote: »
    In other words, he was not in the right gang.
    It is safe to assume that they had a predefined list of "chosen ones" and just used any excuse to eliminate the others.

In other words, he was not in the right gang.
    It is safe to assume that they had a predefined list of "chosen ones" and just used any excuse to eliminate the others.

White male was his downfall , should had said he was a woman

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭RandRuns

silverharp wrote: »
    White male was his downfall , should had said he was a woman

Or that he identifies as black.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Invidious

Brilliant!

I wonder if I could identify as female for 20 minutes after a women's soccer match and go shower with the ladies?

Who's to tell me I can't?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

Invidious wrote: »
    I wonder if I could identify as female for 20 minutes after a women's soccer match and go shower with the ladies?

This is exactly why a lot of feminists are pushing back.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Imagine this has been brought up already but I reckon stuff like this is more likely to attract a mix of ridicule, laughter and incredulity towards those promoting it and trans people by extension even though I highly suspect many of them would be embarrassed at things like this. I don't see how these things do any favours to anyone.

https://twitter.com/thetimes/status/1359189243311063046

We are not even dealing in the realms of absurd anymore. It's beyond that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭Quantum Baloney

Just skimmed through an article in the Guardian today relating the ways in which Darwin was not really advanced enough in his thinking when it came to race or the differences in sexes. Umm.. surely this surprises no one? Dude was born in the time of wooden cars? Never read any classical anthropology?

I saw something similar written on Berkley recently where it was being argued that the university should dispense with the great philosopher's name as he is said at one time to have purchased slaves. And this in spite of the fact that all historical references indicate that he provided a remarkably modern and proto-egalitarian voice on the subject. Let those who are 100% pure in mind and body present themselves to the jury of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,222 ✭✭✭✭biko

a8-Epdw-O-460swp.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭COVID

Invidious wrote: »

The women in the shower for starters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

COVID wrote: »

Bigots.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

Woke-ism is a white middle class obsession

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭46 Long

EuC9gHnXYAYUofL?format=jpg&name=large

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

Imagine this has been brought up already but I reckon stuff like this is more likely to attract a mix of ridicule, laughter and incredulity towards those promoting it and trans people by extension even though I highly suspect many of them would be embarrassed at things like this. I don't see how these things do any favours to anyone.

https://twitter.com/thetimes/status/1359189243311063046

We are not even dealing in the realms of absurd anymore. It's beyond that.

It’s a sad state of affairs if folks are that far up their own backside that they value their opinion over biological fact.

Sure maybe we should wokenly cancel nature as well. Humans are a mammal and that comes with a few undeniable facts; one of them is that the female of the species has mammary glands that produce milk to feed the offspring.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,422 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭Mike Murdock

Literally Hitler

There were some on Boards a few months back saying that Leo Varadkar was Far-Right and "literally Hitler".

a790e5b9c7429549fbb601c8b4b9fb72.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭99nsr125

As they should be.
    I see the common thread of victim-claiming among the woke and "anti-woke" unfortunately. The "anti-woke" claim to acknowledge that we're not all equal/the same yet complain when that plays out. When it comes to Jews there was a concerted effort to wipe them out less than a century ago, nations across an entire continent turned their backs (and far worse even aside from the Germans) on them and were prepared to allow a culture present in Europe longer than Christianity to be completely erased.
    So yeah, Jews are more protected than women and anyone who has a problem with that can either **** off or grow up.

As for Carano, she was generally being an arsehole. She was likely warned but continued on. Fair enough, her choice. Posting conspiracies (ticking the boxes for the pandemic and the election) is a nonsense and the comparing poor little Republicans to the Jews who were destroyed in their millions less than a century ago is a pathetic. Anyone who doesn't (or pretends to not) see the issue with her tweets can also **** off.

And here is a perfect example of Wokeness

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭99nsr125

COVID wrote: »

Sexist bitches

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

99nsr125 wrote: »
    Sexist bitches

Sexy sexist bitches?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement