Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wokeism of the day *Revised Mod Note in OP and threadbanned users*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭RandRuns

There could have been some intent in it.
    I had a Red Setter at the time and I felt that he was very upset that the villain of the piece Cardinal Richlieu was portrated by a Red Setter .
    Come to think of it the Man with the Black Moustache, that definitely could have racial connotations too.

He should set up an NGO, claim discrimation, and get paid to whine (literally in his case).

There's thousands at it, why not him?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,697 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Predator 5 to have a teenage female lead :rolleyes:

https://screenrant.com/predator-5-movie-story-details-reveal-comanche-tribe/
    Predator 5 will focus on a character named Kee and her younger brother Taabe. Kee is described as a tomboy, who fights against gender norms to prove that she can be just as strong as any male Comanche warrior

When will the madness end.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,098 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

Some dude: "Hey remember how successful a Feminist-centric Terminator, Dr.Who, Ghostbusters, and Men-In-Black were?"

Disney: LET'S RUIN PREDATOR TOO! BRILLIANT!

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Invidious

When will the madness end.

It will end when these woke movies and TV series lose so much money that nobody will fund them anymore. Go woke and go broke.

Any movie whose premise is drawn from the fantasy world of woke equality, such as where a teenage girl sets out to "prove that she can be just as strong as any male Comanche warrior," stretches credibility beyond breaking point.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,222 ✭✭✭✭biko

Predator 5 to have a teenage female lead :rolleyes:
    That's not a problem. There is no precedence for Predator leads, they change in every movie.

The problem would be if they remade the first movie, but swapped Arnold for Gina Carano.
    That's what we are discussing. Replacing people with other people to appear more PC.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,697 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

biko wrote: »
    That's not a problem. There is no precedence for Predator leads, they change in every movie.

The problem would be if they remade the first movie, but swapped Arnold for Gina Carano.
    That's what we are discussing. Replacing people with other people to appear more PC.

Of course its a problem.

Its woke nonsense.

A teenage girl is no match for a Predator.

The Predator in the original film butchered a team of top commandos, Arnie was beaten to a pulp and only just managed to defeat the Predator.
    Now some tomboy girl is going to be a physical match as its set hundreds of years ago pre guns.

Its ludicrous.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭Barna77

In The Three Musketeers and the series about Sherlock Holmes the dogs were all from different breeds.

God, they started the woke movement ...

Childhood ruined :(

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭COVID

Of course its a problem.

Its woke nonsense.

A teenage girl is no match for a Predator.

The Predator in the original film butchered a team of top commandos, Arnie was beaten to a pulp and only just managed to defeat the Predator.
    Now some tomboy girl is going to be a physical match as its set hundreds of years ago pre guns.

Its ludicrous.

A teenage girl can be a match for anyone, believe me, I know what I'm talking about.

• Site Banned Posts: 109 ✭✭iagreebut

Why don't SJWs, and the WOKE not like good teeth ??

Because they're straight and white :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭gw80

COVID wrote: »
    A teenage girl can be a match for anyone, believe me, I know what I'm talking about.

I hope your on the register,
    No means no, covid

• Advertisement

gw80 wrote: »
    I hope your on the register,
    No means no, covid

I hope you're on it, for thinking such things!

There's two different agendas at play.

We've got the woke feminist agenda, which places women in roles which they're completely unsuitable to represent in any kind of realistic manner. A slim woman in high heels kicking the crap out of a group of heavily muscled men, matching strength, and coming out with barely a scrape. It's fine where you have a woman who obviously has the body and training to fight (like Gina Carano), although even there, they'd likely stretch credibility in many cases. However, instead, the focus is on small average type women being able to toe the line with someone much stronger than them.

Then there's the woke race agenda, which is placing Black people in roles which were specifically written for white people. Either they're replacing a role from a past movie, or replacing the role that was written by the author.

Now, I think there's many great Black actors... and they should have more screentime, although TBH I've seen heaps of trailers recently with black actors involved, so I don't see the need to replace white actors in those roles designed for them. God knows, Hollywood has released a lot of crap over the last few years.. wouldn't it make more sense to have roles and storylines that were written with Black people in mind?

The problem with inserting Black people into historical roles is because it signals a desire for revisionism with regards to history. I would prefer that they represented history for what it was.. not how some woke muppet wants it to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

"Update"

EuMdwcAVIBEhFzQ?format=jpg&name=large
    njbj

• Registered Users Posts: 12,870 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

"Update"

EuMdwcAVIBEhFzQ?format=jpg&name=large
    njbj

Don't really see anything woke about that tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,978 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Rothko wrote: »

Yeah two young leaders of their field to be fair

Rothko wrote: »

So glad you said that, I thought I was missing something.

COVID wrote: »
    So glad you said that, I thought I was missing something.

I assume they’re the writers too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

biko wrote: »
    https://twitter. com/KilljoyLottie/status/1360307592883564547

This girl seems fine with a black actress playing a white part, until it hits here where she lives.

image.jpg

Of course black actors can play white characters but if its supposed to be historically factual then it doesn't really work.

But should be the same the other way around. I'd like to see Bruce Willis as lead in a malcolm x remake. Do you think anyone would kick up a fuss?

Nelson Mandela played by Kevin James?

Of course black actors can play white characters but if its supposed to be historically factual then it doesn't really work.

But should be the same the other way around. I'd like to see Bruce Willis as lead in a malcolm x remake. Do you think anyone would kick up a fuss?

Nelson Mandela played by Kevin James?

When black people feel equal then yes I guess

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

So black actors can play white characters but white actors can't play black characters.

Ladies and gentlemen I give you :discrimination based on race

• Advertisement

So black actors can play white characters but white actors can't play black characters.

Ladies and gentlemen I give you :discrimination based on race

Not quite it’s just an era of correction and balance , be grand in a few years

And they're going to feel equal by giving them help/benefits that are not available to White people? By elevating Black people above White people.. suggesting that they need that extra help in quotas, diversity initiatives, race specific scholarship... etc. By replacing White roles in movies/TV with Black people... that's going to promote the belief that White and Black people are equal?

Err..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Oh, the simplicity.

And they're going to feel equal by giving them help/benefits that are not available to White people? By elevating Black people above White people.. suggesting that they need that extra help in quotas, diversity initiatives, race specific scholarship... etc. By replacing White roles in movies/TV with Black people... that's going to promote the belief that White and Black people are equal?

Err..

Let me explain it in simple terms , you have a drama class of 100 students graduating this year 2021 and when going for roles they’re told whites take these roles , blacks these ones , Asians over there etc , it literally makes no sense whatsoever to students growing up these days, it’s old school

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭RandRuns

LOL.

I hope you mean that as a joke, otherwise you must be the most innocent person on the planet.

RandRuns wrote: »
    LOL.

I hope you mean that as a joke, otherwise you must be the most innocent person on the planet.

Not at all it’s been the experience of many actors over the years

Err..

A job isn’t a benefit

• Registered Users Posts: 18,098 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

Not quite it’s just an era of correction and balance , be grand in a few years

because thats the way power works :pac:

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 12,870 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

Let me explain it in simple terms , you have a drama class of 100 students graduating this year 2021 and when going for roles they’re told whites take these roles , blacks these ones , Asians over there etc , it literally makes no sense whatsoever to students growing up these days, it’s old school

It doesn't make sense to have Anne Boleyn to be played why a white woman?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Invidious

Did black people really benefit from Kenny Leon's all-black Shakespeare in the Park production of Much Ado About Nothing? Did women benefit from Phyllida Lloyd's all-female version of Julius Caesar at the Donmar? Or did it just teach black and female actors that they can make a living off woke productions of these plays designed to favor their identity and exclude everyone else?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement