Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wokeism of the day *Revised Mod Note in OP and threadbanned users*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,222 ✭✭✭✭biko

John and Yoko waiting for the maid to finish changing their sheets so they could get back to the hard work of protesting the establishment elite.

image.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,919 ✭✭✭Cordell

Rage Against the Machine topped that and pretty much everything else.
    The members of Rage Against the Machine are well known for their leftist anti-authoritarian and revolutionary political views
    It's so easy to be all that while making millions. They're the original wokies, since before it was cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

Some hospitals in the UK are advising their midwives not to use the term "breast feeding" or "breast milk" anymore, instead to use "chest feeding" in order to not upset some snowflakes.. .. .. FFS kill me now. NOW!

Last I checked: WE ALL HAD BREASTS! FFS!

A English senior civil servant is suing for sex and race discrimination because he was paid £52,000 a year less than a black female colleague in the same job.

https://metro.co.uk/2021/02/17/white-civil-servant-sues-after-learning-black-female-colleague-was-paid-52000-more-14094624/

It's not her fault though
    Wendy Williams had been hired on £185,791, despite at first accepting £165,000.
    A white man had just been taken on at the higher rate, so offering her less was deemed to ‘risk a legal challenge on grounds of discrimination’, a tribunal heard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Invidious

So it's a legal risk if the black woman is paid less, but not if the white man is paid less? Interesting...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

Invidious wrote: »
    So it's a legal risk if the black woman is paid less, but not if the white man is paid less? Interesting...
    My head hurts trying to understand this insanity.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,697 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

What a lovely chap

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9268585/NYC-principal-sent-parents-pamphlet-asking-rate-whiteness.html

New York principal sends parents pamphlet asking them to rate their 'whiteness' and urging them to be 'white traitors' who 'dismantle institutions'

The '8 White Identities' graphic includes a colored meter ranging from red to green, indicating that those who identify in tiers including white supremacists are bad and those who identify as white abolitionists are good.

39384630-9268585-image-a-10_1613537690033.jpg

39384628-9268585-The_8_white_identities_document_was_apparently_designed_by_the_S-m-15_1613570857342.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,726 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

Dismantling whiteness? That's pretty dark. How camps? Or just shoot them in the street?

Imagine getting that back from your child's school.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,773 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

What a lovely chap

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9268585/NYC-principal-sent-parents-pamphlet-asking-rate-whiteness.html

New York principal sends parents pamphlet asking them to rate their 'whiteness' and urging them to be 'white traitors' who 'dismantle institutions'

The '8 White Identities' graphic includes a colored meter ranging from red to green, indicating that those who identify in tiers including white supremacists are bad and those who identify as white abolitionists are good.

39384628-9268585-The_8_white_identities_document_was_apparently_designed_by_the_S-m-15_1613570857342.jpg

This is Pol Pot killing Fields insanity.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,919 ✭✭✭Cordell

Dismantling whiteness - sure I guess we don't really need science and medicine and democracy and civilization...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,104 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

^^

A black racist by the looks of it, with a protected account lol, must had got some push back

https://twitter.com/barnor_hesse

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 4,726 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

A teacher telling a child that their race or the values of their race need to abolished is horrific.

It would be horrible if you are saying it about black people or Jewish people or men, so it's horrible when you say it about white people.

You can't criticise people for things that they cannot control like their race or sex or eye colour. I would have thought that would be completely obvious and certainly not something that I would be teaching children.

If that came home to my house I would be so furious. You try and teach your kids not to treat people differently and they teach that in school.

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭Salvation Tambourine

A teacher telling a child that their race or the values of their race need to abolished is horrific.

It would be horrible if you are saying it about black people or Jewish people or men, so it's horrible when you say it about white people.

You can't criticise people for things that they cannot control like their race or sex or eye colour. I would have thought that would be completely obvious and certainly not something that I would be teaching children.

If that came home to my house I would be so furious. You try and teach your kids not to treat people differently and they teach that in school.

https://www.educatetogether.ie/news/anti-racism-in-our-schools/

This is on the Educate Together website. The first line is
    “Hi, my name is Laura and I’m privileged“ – how many conversations start this way? Very few, if any, but they should, particularly if we are about to share our opinion on something that we have little or no experience of, such as racism

I didn't read the whole thing, it may have some good information on there but had to stop here;
    Social media can also provide an opportunity to tap into the experiences of people from a range of ethnic backgrounds and identities living in Ireland. Here are some examples:

Dr Ebun Joseph @EbunJoseph1...

I find it quite worrying that a school known for having a wide variety of religions & ethnicities would go down this path of highlighting privilege rather than let children learn that their classmates whether they are Brazilian, Indian, Nigerian, Irish or English are all just their classmates. They are also just children going to school, all the same. Instead Sarah is told that she is different to Xi Lang because she's got a different skin colour.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,872 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

What a lovely chap

Stuff like that makes me think that some people must be living in a parallel universe or something. Seriously, wtf?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭WrenBoy

Nokotan wrote: »
    https://www.educatetogether.ie/news/anti-racism-in-our-schools/

This is on the Educate Together website. The first line is

I didn't read the whole thing, it may have some good information on there but had to stop here;

I find it quite worrying that a school known for having a wide variety of religions & ethnicities would go down this path of highlighting privilege rather than let children learn that their classmates whether they are Brazilian, Indian, Nigerian, Irish or English are all just their classmates. They are also just children going to school, all the same. Instead Sarah is told that she is different to Xi Lang because she's got a different skin colour.

People that site advises people to learn from on Social Media, Top of the list
    1. Ebun Joseph
    2. Hazel Chu

I cant imagine these ideas wont filter down to kids in the classroom.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Educate Together are atheist schools, they aren't actually about Educating Together. (This isn't a bad thing but I am just calling a spade a spade, in the same when I went to a Catholic-ish school, we had RE that was about it).

Much of this isn't bad to learn about but most children (I am not talking about Teenagers) don't really care about many of these issues because they are children. It also is very black and white.

It's also very bad to suggest to predominately mixed schools to seek out an experience of racism or of disablism.

White privilege is just not something that exists in Ireland, and many people come from unprivileged backgrounds, due to their class or where they come from. It is really snobbery.

To me this is very much an American import, important in America because of the race divide, but less so in other countries.

Baltimore activist's idea to bring down murder rate: pay killers not to kill
    https://foxbaltimore.com/news/city-in-crisis/a-baltimore-activists-idea-to-bring-down-murder-rate-pay-killers-not-to-kill
    But it’s been tried before, in Richmond, California, the city tracked who they identified as the most likely to shoot or be shot
    and gave them cash. The city saw its lowest murder rate in over 30 years.
    So threaten to kill = get paid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Invidious

This is on the Educate Together website.

That is absolutely insane. Teaching Irish kids aged 5 to 12 to recognize their own white privilege? And we the taxpayers are funding this nonsense?

My friends' children attend an Educate Together school. Their parents are currently unemployed. But their eldest daughter has a school friend whose father is a Sudanese doctor. According to the logic laid out here, the girl with the white unemployed parents who can't currently pay their mortgage is more "privileged" than the daughter of a financially well-off doctor? Nonsense, honestly.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,697 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Rothko wrote: »
    Stuff like that makes me think that some people must be living in a parallel universe or something. Seriously, wtf?

If a professor in a college came out with those documents 10-15 years ago not only would they be sacked and never get a job in academia again but the police would probably be consulted and also the local asylum.

Nowadays it will earn you a promotion.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

Im losing the will ......

EuhKOL9XYAUTkUx?format=png&name=900x900
    EuhKZFnWQAMrCc9?format=png&name=900x900
    knj bhbj

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 386 ✭✭Biafranlivemat

knj bhbj

Yet another reason to De fund RTE.

I don’t think Ashley O’Donoghue knows what equality of outcome means. Unless she’s on median wage she’s not living it either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

knj bhbj
    I was hopeful for a second that at least they were using equality instead of equity then they actually said equality of outcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,773 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

I don’t think Ashley O’Donoghue knows what equality of outcome means. Unless she’s on median wage she’s not living it either.

No one who thinks that Woke is on anything like the median wage.

It screams out 6 figure income.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

knj bhbj

I hope she pushes for a better gender balance so there are more female bin men or bin persons as they should be called . I'm sick to death of men outside in all weather collecting rubbish while women don't get a look in . And while they're at it I hope to see more black bin persons collecting rubbish in the future , The racist and sexist bias of only employing white men screams of privilege and must be ended right now .

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭RandRuns

Danzy wrote: »
    No one who thinks that Woke is on anything like the median wage.

It screams out 6 figure income.

It's even stranger than that - loads of the permanently unemployed arts degree types are woke - if fact it seems most of them are. I'm not sure if they realise that the policies they support will keep them that way.

I hope she pushes for a better gender balance so there are more female bin men or bin persons as they should be called . I'm sick to death of men outside in all weather collecting rubbish while women don't get a look in . And while they're at it I hope to see more black bin persons collecting rubbish in the future , The racist and sexist bias of only employing white men screams of privilege and must be ended right now .
    I would really like to hear how these "equality uber allas" people would react to a rural job offering and all the candidates are white males as only local white males applied, no females (they didn't like the thought of doing that job) no people of other ethnic backgrounds (none in the area).
    It seems that common sense escapes some people.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,144 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

I would really like to hear how these "equality uber allas" people would react to a rural job offering
    90% of these eejits are urban, usually suburban, usually middle class, usually White, usually women, with "careers" either funded by family money, or in universities, or corporate middle management HR departments. For all their talk of "privilege" they're about the single most protected and cosseted demographic on the planet. It's why you hear them come out with guff like "microaggressions" and the like, they're so cosseted from actual aggression even the slightest thing gets them reacting, or they need to invent such things to feel they're "victims". A rural job wouldn't even register, much like rural areas themselves save for the family weekend holiday home in Wicklow.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭Salvation Tambourine

It seems like all that could be boiled down to "Hire someone and treat them well"

She also seems to think all recruitment staff are probably male because we need quotas to stop them hiring people similar to them. Where I work there are five recruiters and four or them are female. The manger is female. So do we need male quotas to counteract those bias? Obviously not but in other circumstances it seems it's an absolute requirement.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Gruffalux

knj bhbj

This is Bullshyte. I cannot bring my ''authentic and true self to work''. Right now I am wearing a huge long cardigan that looks like Joseph's coat of many colours, baggy hareem pants of rainbow hues, and my hair is in a big tangled bun on the top of me head. I can assure you I do not bring ''my authentic and true self'' to work when I have to go in :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement