Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wokeism of the day *Revised Mod Note in OP and threadbanned users*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,657 ✭✭✭storker

WrenBoy wrote: »
    People that site advises people to learn from on Social Media, Top of the list
    1. Ebun Joseph
    2. Hazel Chu

I cant imagine these ideas wont filter down to kids in the classroom.

Expecting someone to start a conversation with an acknowledgement of their race and an acceptance that because they are of that race, their opinions must be given less weight. We are now so far down the rabbit hole that we're likely to hit magma very soon.

(Isn't it odd how "anti-racists" seem to bang on about race more than...you know...actual racists...?)

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭rightmove

thats some article. I suppose its hard pretending to be a victim whilst being able to write in the main national broadcaster. So the article is written by a woman and the picture related to it is primarily women and a man or two in the corner (pushed to one side). But lets keep the show on the road....Give us a break! I think there should be more diversity on the trawlers leaving killybegs. Or maybe more women in sewers. i never hear the woke crowd asking to rename manholes to something gender neutral. Funny THAT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

WrenBoy wrote: »
    People that site advises people to learn from on Social Media, Top of the list
    1. Ebun Joseph
    2. Hazel Chu

I cant imagine these ideas wont filter down to kids in the classroom.

Race baiting grifters.

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭RandRuns

rightmove wrote: »
    i never hear the woke crowd asking to rename manholes to something gender neutral. Funny THAT

Ya think.......?

Berkeley California bans manholes, manpower, and fireman

I would really like to hear how these "equality uber allas" people would react to a rural job offering and all the candidates are white males as only local white males applied, no females (they didn't like the thought of doing that job) no people of other ethnic backgrounds (none in the area).
    It seems that common sense escapes some people.
    This wasn't the exact example of what I was thinking when I posted the message above, but someone comes along and advocates it!
    rightmove wrote: »
    thats some article. I suppose its hard pretending to be a victim whilst being able to write in the main national broadcaster. So the article is written by a woman and the picture related to it is primarily women and a man or two in the corner (pushed to one side). But lets keep the show on the road....Give us a break! I think there should be more diversity on the trawlers leaving killybegs. Or maybe more women in sewers. i never hear the woke crowd asking to rename manholes to something gender neutral. Funny THAT

Are you seriously suggesting that a Killybegs boat owner leaves a vacancy open until he can "fill his quota!"

• Advertisement

One of the interesting aspects of the above Berkeley decision is that, like a lot of this rubbish, it was driven by (now fromer) California Governor Jerry Brown. Brown is a perfect example of where the left has completely lost it's head over the past few decades.
    When he was first elected Governor of California in the 1970's, the left hated him, and saw him as a right-wing fascist. So much so, that he is the subject of the famous Dead Kennedys song California Über Alles, which paints him as fascist dictator, who will take over the United States.
    Despite being a Democrat, Brown blocked further Vietnamese immigrants from coming to California, famously saying “There is something a little strange about saying ‘Let’s bring in 500,000 more people’ when we can’t take care of the 1 million (Californians) out of work.”
    His environemental and fiscal policies were seen at the time as akin to those of the Third Reich, and frequently compared to them.
    Yet over the years since then, the left has fallen in love with Brown and his policies, so much so that they relected him in 2011.

A man whom the left considered a far-right fascist in the 80's, was considered a bastion of mainstream left opinion by 2011, despite not changing his main policies. Says it all.

Wibbs wrote: »
    90% of these eejits are urban, usually suburban, usually middle class, usually White, usually women, with "careers" either funded by family money, or in universities, or corporate middle management HR departments. For all their talk of "privilege" they're about the single most protected and cosseted demographic on the planet. It's why you hear them come out with guff like "microaggressions" and the like, they're so cosseted from actual aggression even the slightest thing gets them reacting, or they need to invent such things to feel they're "victims". A rural job wouldn't even register, much like rural areas themselves save for the family weekend holiday home in Wicklow.

Yup.
    Looking at the wokies on my FB page...
    Chick fecked off to Canada in her 20s, married, divorced (likely did well out of it), came home, settled with someone else who has his own business and she raises her kids all "natural". Nice when you don't need to worry about money.
    Chick left Ireland about 10 years ago to move to SE Asia. Lives ling a queen among peasants because she's white. Doesn't seem to see any issue with that.
    I saw posts in the last few days from one of them and unfollowed. I've unfollowed the vast majority of people I'm friends with on Facebook.

Actually reminds me of likely the best one. Flitted through college (was super smart, like could have got 550 in the LC type smart), wants to work in acting and such nonsense. Moved away (not too far), over the years has posted looking for somewhere to crash for a while, petitions about drama people not being paid enough in the new country she's in. Oh and the kicker, literally went to clown college at one point.

It's mostly people who either don't want to grow up or never need to.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

RandRuns wrote: »

"In recent years, broadening societal awareness of transgender and gendernonconforming identities has brought to light the importance of non-binary gender inclusivity,"

And that's the reason you cant use the word manholes in Berkeley anymore. These people are on another planet .

"In recent years, broadening societal awareness of transgender and gendernonconforming identities has brought to light the importance of non-binary gender inclusivity,"

And that's the reason you cant use the word manholes in Berkeley anymore. These people are on another planet .
    While at the same time forgetting that the "man" in manhole is short for "maintenance", "mainhole" has a completely different meaning!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,222 ✭✭✭✭biko

While at the same time forgetting that the "man" in manhole is short for "maintenance", "mainhole" has a completely different meaning!
    Amen, and awoman, to that

• Advertisement

Are you seriously suggesting that a Killybegs boat owner leaves a vacancy open until he can "fill his quota!"

being a fisherMAN he should be used to dealing with quotas

Honestly they must have nathin to thinking about. !!!!

https://www.rte.ie/news/uk/2021/0219/1198128-mi6-apology/
    The chief of Britain's Secret Intelligence Service, MI6, has issued a public apology for the agency's past treatment of LGBT+ people.

Richard Moore said that a security bar on LGBT+ individuals serving in the intelligence agencies, which remained in place until 1991, was "wrong, unjust and discriminatory".

Although same-sex relationships were decriminalised in 1967, the ban on LGBT+ people serving in the agencies and the diplomatic service stayed following a series of Cold War spy scandals.

Two of the Cambridge spies, Guy Burgess and Anthony Blunt, were gay while a third, Donald Maclean, may have been bisexual.

Mr Moore said it was down to a "misguided" belief that LGBT+ people were more susceptible to blackmail.

The last line is a clear example of history being rewritten, back in the 60s through to the 80s being gay still had a real stigma attached to it and it was most certainly a lever that can be (and was) used to blackmail civil servants into providing information to the opposition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

Yup.
    Looking at the wokies on my FB page...
    Chick fecked off to Canada in her 20s, married, divorced (likely did well out of it), came home, settled with someone else who has his own business and she raises her kids all "natural". Nice when you don't need to worry about money.
    Chick left Ireland about 10 years ago to move to SE Asia. Lives ling a queen among peasants because she's white. Doesn't seem to see any issue with that.
    I saw posts in the last few days from one of them and unfollowed. I've unfollowed the vast majority of people I'm friends with on Facebook.

Actually reminds me of likely the best one. Flitted through college (was super smart, like could have got 550 in the LC type smart), wants to work in acting and such nonsense. Moved away (not too far), over the years has posted looking for somewhere to crash for a while, petitions about drama people not being paid enough in the new country she's in. Oh and the kicker, literally went to clown college at one point.

It's mostly people who either don't want to grow up or never need to.

Its always the "system " that is wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭Snickers Man

Interesting article in the New Statesman (no rabid right-wing publication that!!) about gender neutral language and how it might be "Exclusionary" to a greater number of people than it is trying to "Include".

The author is a pregnant woman and dealing with maternity services in an era of covid.

Excerpt: "the Brighton and Sussex University Hospitals NHS Trust became the first in the UK to officially adopt gender-inclusive language in its perinatal services. This means avoiding feminine pronouns where applicable, referring to the “birthing person” (formerly known as “mother”), and removing the word “breast”, recommending instead the terms “chest-feeding” and “human milk”.

She continues:
    "No one bothered to ask my husband if he might be the “birthing person” when he showed up at our maternity unit, and rightly so.

After all, the number of people who will benefit from this move is truly tiny: specifically, we are concerned here with trans or non-binary people, who are biologically female, and able to bear a child following any surgical or hormonal interventions undergone as part of sex reassignment, and decide to do so, and care about squabbles over vocabulary. "
    (Italics are as they appear in the original publication)

Here's the one that made my goggle. In the following case the emphasis is mine.
    ".. rather than ask that “women” present themselves for a smear test, NHS letters and poster campaigns might use gender-neutral language and direct the appeal instead to “individuals with a cervix”, the phrase used by the American Cancer Society. This kind of language is feted as “more inclusive”, but the question we should be asking is, inclusive of whom?"

If I'd read in the Daily Mail or Sun that the American Cancer Society now calls women "people with a cervix" I would not have believed it. But as it is written in the New Statesman........

Crazy stuff. Anyone offended by being called a woman, even if they don't want to be one, should have a look at themselves.

PS You can read the entire NS article here although it is behind a partial paywall, for which you will need to register.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

Really is this worth complicating medical matters?

Rothko wrote: »
    Stuff like that makes me think that some people must be living in a parallel universe or something. Seriously, wtf?

I've had a look around for this and the sources that have publicised it are the New York Post (Murdoch rag) and the Daily Mail (Shriek! Shriek! There are brown people in the neigbourhood. What's the world coming to?")

I admit, the chart looks like some loonie Social Scientist went mad with his Excel Chart Wizard to concoct some spurious rubbish about ill-defined "identity groups" but that's what loonie Social Scientists do. Has he really got any more clout than that?

I would with hold peak anger until I had a more reliable report on the extent to which this "Questionnaire" has been distributed.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,872 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

I've had a look around for this and the sources that have publicised it are the New York Post (Murdoch rag) and the Daily Mail (Shriek! Shriek! There are brown people in the neigbourhood. What's the world coming to?")

I admit, the chart looks like some loonie Social Scientist went mad with his Excel Chart Wizard to concoct some spurious rubbish about ill-defined "identity groups" but that's what loonie Social Scientists do. Has he really got any more clout than that?

I would with hold peak anger until I had a more reliable report on the extent to which this "Questionnaire" has been distributed.

I hope you're right and that he doesn't have any influence. I just don't understand people who think like that. I don't get it at all.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

• Registered Users Posts: 14,697 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Those images are racist propaganda.
    Be less white .:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Facebook screwed up again!
    https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-birmingham-56123592
    Facebook has apologised for censuring a Black Country history group after members discussed a traditional local dish.

The group's administrator said she had "sleepless nights" after the account was threatened with deletion.

The social media giant has since accepted the wording it targeted was used in culinary context.

Facebook blamed the ban threat on technical error.

Members of the Pensnett, Brierley Hill and Black Country Now And Then History Group had been discussing minced pork liver and heart wrapped in bacon when the algorithm picked it up.

******s (and the boards stupid filter refuses to accept the word Fággots!) and peas is a traditional dish served in a part of the West Midlands that includes Wolverhampton, West Bromwich and Dudley.

Interesting article in the New Statesman (no rabid right-wing publication that!!) about gender neutral language .....

".. rather than ask that “women” present themselves for a smear test, NHS letters and poster campaigns might use gender-neutral language and direct the appeal instead to “individuals with a cervix”, the phrase used by the American Cancer Society. ......

If I'd read in the Daily Mail or Sun that the American Cancer Society now calls women "people with a cervix" I would not have believed it. But as it is written in the New Statesman........

Fact check warning!!

I went on to the Website of the American Cancer Society and I DID see the word woman (but only in the section on mammograms) and couldn't see a reference to "individuals with a cervix" anywhere.

Can't even trust the New Statesman nowadays ....:(

• Site Banned Posts: 109 ✭✭iagreebut

This is brilliant... enjoy

https://youtu.be/S5EK_9gD0EI

• Registered Users Posts: 4,497 ✭✭✭auspicious

iagreebut wrote: »
    This is brilliant... enjoy

https://youtu.be/S5EK_9gD0EI

Yes social media really underlines societal violence. The power of a 'tweet'.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,954 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Message aside, that's a fight scene to rival most action blockbusters! Reminds me of the church scene in Kingsman. If only we could react that way...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,422 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Fact check warning!!

I went on to the Website of the American Cancer Society and I DID see the word woman (but only in the section on mammograms) and couldn't see a reference to "individuals with a cervix" anywhere.

Can't even trust the New Statesman nowadays ....:(
    Just googled "individuals with a cervix" and found a tweet linking to this

https://acsjournals.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.3322/caac.21628

• Registered Users Posts: 81,222 ✭✭✭✭biko

statesaver wrote: »
    Madness if it's true.
    More on Russia Today
    https://www.rt.com/usa/516114-coca-cola-race-training/

This is the course
    https://www.linkedin.com/learning/confronting-racism-with-robin-diangelo

and the author, also know for her books "White Fragility" and "What Does it Mean to Be White? Developing White Racial Literacy"

u-https-media3-s-nbcnews-com-j-MSNBC-Components-Video-201809-d-think-oped-whitefragility-180925-1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Rodin

Interesting article in the New Statesman (no rabid right-wing publication that!!) about gender neutral language and how it might be "Exclusionary" to a greater number of people than it is trying to "Include".

The author is a pregnant woman and dealing with maternity services in an era of covid.

Excerpt: "the Brighton and Sussex University Hospitals NHS Trust became the first in the UK to officially adopt gender-inclusive language in its perinatal services. This means avoiding feminine pronouns where applicable, referring to the “birthing person” (formerly known as “mother”), and removing the word “breast”, recommending instead the terms “chest-feeding” and “human milk”.

She continues:
    "No one bothered to ask my husband if he might be the “birthing person” when he showed up at our maternity unit, and rightly so.

After all, the number of people who will benefit from this move is truly tiny: specifically, we are concerned here with trans or non-binary people, who are biologically female, and able to bear a child following any surgical or hormonal interventions undergone as part of sex reassignment, and decide to do so, and care about squabbles over vocabulary. "
    (Italics are as they appear in the original publication)

".. rather than ask that “women” present themselves for a smear test, NHS letters and poster campaigns might use gender-neutral language and direct the appeal instead to “individuals with a cervix”, the phrase used by the American Cancer Society. This kind of language is feted as “more inclusive”, but the question we should be asking is, inclusive of whom?"

Crazy stuff. Anyone offended by being called a woman, even if they don't want to be one, should have a look at themselves.

PS You can read the entire NS article here although it is behind a partial paywall, for which you will need to register.

If someone is availing of maternity services they MUST be female. It really is that simple.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

biko wrote: »
    More on Russia Today
    https://www.rt.com/usa/516114-coca-cola-race-training/

This is the course
    https://www.linkedin.com/learning/confronting-racism-with-robin-diangelo

and the author, also know for her books "White Fragility" and "What Does it Mean to Be White? Developing White Racial Literacy"

u-https-media3-s-nbcnews-com-j-MSNBC-Components-Video-201809-d-think-oped-whitefragility-180925-1.jpg

https://twitter.com/EQUIPTsmif/status/1362908870092288002?s=20

The replies. No longer wokeism, now it's just racism

• Advertisement

https://twitter.com/EQUIPTsmif/status/1362908870092288002?s=20

The replies. No longer wokeism, now it's just racism

"Whiteness was created to oppress others"

Imagine being the parent of the person who came up with that. Every day must be torture.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement