Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wokeism of the day *Revised Mod Note in OP and threadbanned users*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Errashareesh

We need to open a “dialogue”, I.

Leave all the “point scoring” at the door and listen to each other with, both, dignity and respect.
    You certainly should indeed E - go for it.

We need to open a “dialogue”, I.

Leave all the “point scoring” at the door and listen to each other with, both, dignity and respect.

And, who knows, maybe we’ll even have one on here someday. Can’t see it anytime soon though. But we live in hope.

I don't agree. We are in the era of activism. People are latching on to crusades all over the place, pushing minority rights like there's no tomorrow.

We should be doing the proper research into the physical, emotional, and psychological health consequences of the various trans or woke crusades on both society and individuals. Real honest research along with long term analysis to determine what kind of society, and social values these movements are going to create. We need to stop looking so much at now, and begin forecasting the changes that these changes are likely to cause... because I can easily see dozens of negative changes coming out of the Trans issues.. and that's without really trying.

There has been too much change encouraged without consideration of what comes next. The Trans movement is dangerous because it's an attack on identity, and it's also dangerous because of the precedence for an extreme minority forcing the vast majority to comply.. based on what exactly? Wishful thinking? There's no science to back their claims up, but we're being told that society needs to accommodate them.. It's nuts. Worse, it's dangerous because of the lack of consideration for the future, especially for children/teens.

Nope. We need to rein in this woke/activist movement for 'radical' change.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

I had to double check cis on the old Google. It's not construction information services I take it, although that's the first result :D

My Nan would have said, "ah you're suffering from a good dose of yourself" or "I'll give you something to worry about". I wonder did they have cis and trans in those days, you know, when they had to worry about war, and birthing five children without epidural at home and putting food on the table.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Antares35 wrote: »
    I had to double check cis on the old Google. It's not construction information services I take it, although that's the first result :D

My Nan would have said, "ah you're suffering from a good dose of yourself" or "I'll give you something to worry about". I wonder did they have cis and trans in those days, you know, when they had to worry about war, and birthing five children without epidural at home and putting food on the table.

You are simply reinforcing your 'imperialist capitalist white supremacist cis heteropatriarchal' bias with that statement.
    Shame on you ....

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

gozunda wrote: »
    You are simply reinforcing your 'imperialist capitalist white supremacist cis heteropatriarchal' bias with that statement.
    Shame on you ....

;)
    Oh I thought we'd switched from imperial to metric :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    Your comments are not being respectful, especially to unassigned transgenders. In doing so you may also be potentially subjugating or compromising other non cis preferences. Thread carefully please.

I massively get how assigned, cis patriarchal types are easily offended at being pigeon holed by the millennial woke. I get the frustration.

The key to contentment and happiness is acceptance. It allows both the assigned and the unassigned to live and prosper together, as nature has commanded us all to.

Are gender fluid people unassigned variables?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

CIS hasn't been a "thing" for thousands of years but suddenly this woke generation is all over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

I think Candace is what is commonly referred to in the Music industry as a " crossover hit ".

She is building the bridge between greed, totalitarianism, cross substantiation and transubstantiated millennial wokism.

She is a pioneer. ( of inclusiveness minorly subjugated )

And hot too....but that's sexist i'm sure...and possibly homophobic...definitely misogynistic and god knows what else.:mad:

I used to like listening to her, she's undoubtedly sharp, but i think she's "starting" to stray into the "say something controversial then sell more shít" arena. Tends to happen i suppose.

I was watching Demolition Man the other day... remember the society that is the backdrop for the movie? Ugh. That's the kind of controlled society these woke people want.. <shudders>

I actually made that exact point to a mate of mine a while back - that's where we're headed and personally i find the idea absolutely horrifying. I'm all for being nice, but there's just a creepy stepford wives / serial killer vibe of anyone who is always nice in every situation. It creeps me out.

Being the hardcore party animal that i am - i was listening to Taylor Swift whilst baking a cake at the weekend (True story, i'm deeply ashamed:D)
    Anyway - there's a line in one of her new songs that goes "A friend to all, is a friend to none" And that my friend is actually quite insightful - human beings simply can not got through life loving everyone and everything, it's just false, it's not natural.

We don't need all this woke bullshít. Be nice, don't be a dick - if we all just followed that advice, we would get through life just fine i think.

Is there such a thing as a happy religion? Must if them are pretty depressing in my book!

Pastafarianism? :D

And hot too....but that's sexist i'm sure...and possibly homophobic...definitely misogynistic and god knows what else.:mad:

I used to like listening to her, she's undoubtedly sharp, but i think she's "starting" to stray into the "say something controversial then sell more shít" arena. Tends to happen i suppose.

I actually made that exact point to a mate of mine a while back - that's where we're headed and personally i find the idea absolutely horrifying. I'm all for being nice, but there's just a creepy stepford wives / serial killer vibe of anyone who is always nice in every situation. It creeps me out.

Being the hardcore party animal that i am - i was listening to Taylor Swift whilst baking a cake at the weekend (True story, i'm deeply ashamed:D)
    Anyway - there's a line in one of her new songs that goes "A friend to all, is a friend to none" And that my friend is actually quite insightful - human beings simply can not got through life loving everyone and everything, it's just false, it's not natural.

We don't need all this woke bullshít. Be nice, don't be a dick - if we all just followed that advice, we would get through life just fine i think.

Pastafarianism? :D

True - dont be a dick pretty much covers it.

Think you'll like this. Food of gods :D

https://realfood.tesco.com/recipes/spaghetti-cake.html

• Registered Users Posts: 16,258 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Crap. Theres two genders - male and female.

Woke is rubbish. And social media has released a real bunch of idiots to the wider world.

You can be anything you want to be now; male, female, arrdvark, badger, squirrel...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭ArrBee

True - dont be a dick pretty much covers it.

I find that a bit offensive
    You are equating negative behaviour with masculinity.

Needs more equality so our sisters feel represented.
    Any suggestions?
    :p

ArrBee wrote: »

Don't be a sh1t?

Seems neutral, and I doubt anyone has chosen to self-identify as a sh1t so you're not discriminating against anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,491 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

Permanently outraged is an interesting phenomenon.

Stalking the social media of those they disagree with or are annoyed by politically or socially, just to feel outraged by virtue signaling is an even worse phenomenon.

Unless it is accompanied by a bit of humor because that indicates some insight in to themselves.

mariaalice wrote: »
    Permanently outraged is an interesting phenomenon.

Stalking the social media of those they disagree with or are annoyed by politically or socially, just to feel outraged by virtue signaling is an even worse phenomenon.

Unless it is accompanied by a bit of humor because that indicates some insight in to themselves.

Yup crazy that there are some whose main contribution to discussion involves turning up solely to throw ****e directly at those who they disagree with. Stalking with hit and run if you like. Funny? No. Fairly common all the same.

ArrBee wrote: »

Needs more equality so our sisters feel represented.
    Any suggestions?
    :p

You better tell boards that - Its in the  Boards.ie rules of etiquette 

:D

As to a bit more equity- how about dont be a dick cnut? I think that possibly covers all bases ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,491 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

Yeah crazy that there are some whose main contribution to discussion involves solely throwing ****e directly at those who they disagree with. Stalking with hit and run if you like. Funny? No.....

Well, yes why would a die-hard follower of say a certain political party, follow on social media an individual politician from a political party they are diametrically opposed to and from that get outraged.

Felling outraged must sever some function for them.

Its the same with the virtual signaling why the need to get outraged by them?

mariaalice wrote: »
    Well, yes why would a die-hard follower of say a certain political party, follow on social media an ]individual politician from a political party they are diametrically opposed to and from that get outraged.

Felling outraged must sever some function for them.

Its the same with the virtual signaling why the need to get outraged by them?

I think the previous point you made about stalking might explain at least some of the psychology behind it tbh.

I reckon the main thing about virtue signaling is it's not a single mindset but rather used as a means to try to beat other people over the head with the stick of moral superiority or similar

https://www.thejournal.ie/biggest-problem-diver-5213796-Sep2020/

From December Irish universities will have to provide breakdown of the ethnic background of their staff.

Honestly wtf is the point of this divisive identity politics bull****. Why are we importing this rubbish from countries like the US and UK which have terrible racial tensions/issues?

Ireland does not have a colonial past, so it is hardly surprising that the majority are Irish given we only started experiencing immigration in this country a generation or two ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

AllForIt wrote: »
    https://edition.cnn.com/style/article/mumbai-traffic-light-women-intl-hnk-scli/index.html#:~:text=The%20Indian%20financial%20capital%2C%20home,the%20generic%20male%20stick%20figure.

Various countries including Mumbai as per the article linked have gone to the trouble of changing the stick figures on their traffic lights to that of a female.

The problem with that is, would that not indicate that only woman can cross and visa versa.

female-traffic-light-signals.jpg

No it indicates that the authorities in Mumbai are a bunch of stupid ****.

From December Irish universities will have to provide breakdown of the ethnic background of their staff.

Honestly wtf is the point of this divisive identity politics bull****. Why are we importing this rubbish from countries like the US and UK which have terrible racial tensions/issues?

Ireland does not have a colonial past, so it is hardly surprising that the majority are Irish given we only started experiencing immigration in this country a generation or two ago.

Well smack me with a kipper if our own favourite Shelbourne statue hater isn't in the thick of it
    Dr Ebun Joseph, a Nigerian-Irish lecturer and founder of the first Black Studies module in Ireland, said that the lack of data is a big problem, and can avoid dealing with any diversity issue within an institution.

Considering she's making a very good living pointing out we are all racist or wtte that's almost funny. Queue even more reseach money on the way and the selfless advocacy looking for promotion ...
    The categories of data that will be requested were chosen in collaboration with higher education institutions through the Athena SWAN Ireland Intersectionality Working Group

Interesting that UK based interest groups are been giving leverage to promote themselves and one particular theory - that it is the ultimate combination the physical characteristics of gender, race, or sexual orientation which allegedly identifies you as the oppressed or an oppressor. All of which conveniently ignores the fact it is illegal to promote any such bias which involves lumping people together based on any such characteristics.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

This nonsense is really ramping up this last few months or so.
    Seems like a big push is on by whoever is co-ordinating all this nonsense to coincide with the build up to the US election.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,325 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

This nonsense is really ramping up this last few months or so.
    Seems like a big push is on by whoever is co-ordinating all this nonsense to coincide with the build up to the US election.

And ironically I think the surge in this woke bollox is one of the things that is swinging support back towards Trump.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

This is appalling and compromises everyones' employment prospects. The next thing you will have non assigned ex cis east Asian lecturers' being employed as part of a gender and national diversity balance. Oh dear, am I racist now, or sexist or cissexist? :o

Not altogether true in fairness. If you ask some native American Indians and in fact some from the Indian continent itself, you may find some challenges to that particular form of Irish historical conceit. If you look into things you will find that the Irish are not without dirty hands when it comes to facilitating and enabling both colonialism and imperialism. Another part of our past that often gets phucked under the stairs when the neighbours pop around. It has never suited our diplomatic diatribe that we were knee deep in slavery and both native American and native Australian genocides, but we were.

DrPhilG wrote: »
    And ironically I think the surge in this woke bollox is one of the things that is swinging support back towards Trump.
    It could have been planned like that, who knows?
    Or maybe somebody created a monster and then lost all control of it.

It is snowballing anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭bertiebomber

all this wokism will eventually face a back lash. I am appalled that ebun joseph can come into my country as an immigrant and call me a racist from her fake made up module on black studies? What job will you get by taking a module on black studies its almost as futile as the womens studies module - all PC bull****.
    In the depth of rural ireland the population are sick to death of the LBQT domination of our media and ever where you look. Why cant everyone just be discreet about their bedroom antics and keep it to themselves out of all our faces and places of work.
    ireland has changed beyond recognition and not for the better.

It could have been planned like that, who knows?
    Or maybe somebody created a monster and then lost all control of it.

It is snowballing anyway.

It's snowballing with the feminism aspect (somewhat), but the racial aspect is still going strong. As each aspect falls from grace, another one will rise to replace it.

It's not going to disappear any time soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

The Isle of Man is to be changed to "The Isle of Person" as it's sexist and discriminates against gender fluid non binary and/or LGBT+ people.

It is the epitome of a patriarchal capitalistic society that maintains it's ascendancy by attempting to subjugate gender fluid non binary LGBT+ persons to an inveterate and intentionally androcratic system of order and it must be stopped.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Androcacy is the key to taming the cis.

Hetero cis anti-patriarchs are committed to dismantling androcentric ideals.

Subordination is no longer tolerated and Heteronormativity is attempting to dissuade progression. Violation is undeniable.

Androcacy is the key to taming the cis.

Hetero cis anti-patriarchs are committed to dismantling androcentric ideals.

Subordination is no longer tolerated and Heteronormativity is attempting to dissuade progression. Violation is undeniable.
    :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭bertiebomber

is david bowies wife now to be known as iperson instead of iman? when will this rubbish be gone.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement