Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wokeism of the day *Revised Mod Note in OP and threadbanned users*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

hahaha I cant stop laughing at these utter gobsh*Tes

https://twitter.com/Breaking911/status/1369104010402295808

Cynthia Erivo to Play Blue Fairy in Robert Zemeckis’ ‘Pinocchio’. I know its a fictional character but I still find it funny, also they wouldn't think if of even reversing the races for a fictional black character like black panter, Princess Tianna, Sister Sister etc

EvkyHBuWgAIdX_N?format=jpg&name=mediumvug EvkyHB3XcAEJIfF?format=jpg&name=medium
    bnj

Cynthia Erivo to Play Blue Fairy in Robert Zemeckis’ ‘Pinocchio’. I know its a fictional character but I still find it funny, also they wouldn't think if of even reversing the races for a fictional black character like black panter, Princess Tianna, Sister Sister etc

vug
    bnj
    Could you imagine the uproar there would be from certain quarters, "stealing their culture" and the like!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

What about the French? Does their outrage not count?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,710 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

I wonder how often the woke miss the satire?

The woke dont understand satire or humour.

• Advertisement

Will Elliot Page be continuing in The Umbrella Academy? Male actor taking work from female actors, disgusting.

This is whole 'super straight' thing started with some lad on Tiktok identifying himself 'Super straight. He's playing by the rules set by the usual woke community using their flawed arguments against them. I am convinced he is parodying the ridiculousness of identity politics etc but this has to be the first time that I can't tell what real and what's not.

arMg6N6_460swp.webp
    nb

aAbxWvo_460swp.webp
    jnh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Super straight stuff is being adopted by quite a few people for the current British census which for some reason has asked (voluntarily) info on who people fúck!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

This is whole 'super straight' thing started with some lad on Tiktok identifying himself 'Super straight. He's playing by the rules set by the usual woke community using their flawed arguments against them. I am convinced he is parodying the ridiculousness of identity politics etc but this has to be the first time that I can't tell what real and what's not.

arMg6N6_460swp.webp
    nb

aAbxWvo_460swp.webp
    jnh

It didnt start on Tiktok, Twitter has reliably informed me that it started on 4chan, lolcows and possibly Hitlers bunker

• Registered Users Posts: 4,726 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

Bambi wrote: »
    It didnt start on Tiktok, Twitter has reliably informed me that it started on 4chan, lolcows and possibly Hitlers bunker

No it started on ticktock by a teenager. He has since taken the video down because his mother received death threats.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 475 ✭✭AdrianBalboa

A lot of things that titania has tweeted has later happened. Such as skyscrapers being described as phallic.

It's quite clever satire as it's not that far away from reality.

People have been describing skyscrapers as phallic since about the 1930s.

I just robbed this from the random videos thread, would fit perfectly here!

Sir Oxman wrote: »
    Super straight stuff is being adopted by quite a few people for the current British census which for some reason has asked (voluntarily) info on who people fúck!
    Arrows!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Professor called ‘racist’ for arguing race isn’t the sole explanation for poverty

Lehigh University has taken actions to downgrade a video it had originally posted in late January by one of its professors on poverty and race after students on social media denounced the video as supporting racist thought.

In his video, titled “3 Myths Concerning Poverty,” Gunter had sought to debunk what he said were three “widely-held myths”: that “poverty is mostly a matter of race,” that it is “a generational curse,” and that “the poor have no agency.”

However, some students judged the video’s content and presentation as racist

Professor Gunter, in an email to The College Fix, noted that while only a few called him a “racist” in emails, some of his students had told him that he was commonly being slandered and called a “racist” on Instagram and Twitter.

“I’ve been teaching at Lehigh for almost thirty-six years and have won several teaching awards, so the backlash was a surprise,” he said.

https://www.thecollegefix.com/professor-called-racist-for-arguing-race-isnt-the-sole-explanation-for-poverty/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

I'm surprised Johnny Bravo hasn't popped up in their sights yet .

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

I'm surprised Johnny Bravo hasn't popped up in their sights yet .

The whole joke is that he is pestering her and she consistently says no, he never gets the cat, that's the whole joke. Even his name. It's clearly about the joke being about sleezy.

Even I am reading into this. It is purely about the chase and making pepe and the cat fall off a cliff, similar to Road Runner. Still funny :)

I love that song I believe I can Fly .....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Curse These Metal Hands

If kids see the cartoon skunk harassing the female cartoon they'll grow up to think it's ok to sexually assault women :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,508 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

If kids see the cartoon skunk harassing the female cartoon they'll grow up to think it's ok to sexually assault women :eek:

Of course, sure isn't it obvious.

There is an entire generation who watched that cartoon, who watched Tom & Jerry etc, and we all turned out to be ultra-violent rapists.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,945 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

I watched Roadrunner and I never leave the house without dynamite.

Meep meep.

Piers Morgan fired.

Ffs. Not a fan of the guy but that's mad.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 475 ✭✭AdrianBalboa

Piers Morgan fired.

https://www.bbc.com/news/amp/entertainment-arts-56334082

He walked, according to the BBC. He also walked off his own show when he got a nice warm spoonful of his own medicine.

Typical of the rightwing slowflake brigade. Huff and bluster about PC going mad and how you can’t say anything these days but when he got it up ‘em he waddles away to find a safe space. :D Ha Ha Ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,469 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Piers Morgan fired.

He wasn't fired, he quit after throwing his toys out of the pram.

Good riddance.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,940 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Piers Morgan fired.

Its become pretty clear that he conducted a personal vendetta against Meghan Markle. Whether you like Harry and Meghan , or not.

He called a person who said they had mental health difficulties a liar and a Pinnochio. That type of loose talk made his position untenable.

The weatherman chap who let him have it today came across as genuinely upset with Piers conduct and but Piers stormed off like a child having a tantrum.

It was only going to end one way for him.

https://www.bbc.com/news/amp/entertainment-arts-56334082

He walked, according to the BBC. He also walked off his own show when he got a nice warm spoonful of his own medicine.

Typical of the rightwing slowflake brigade. Huff and bluster about PC going mad and how you can’t say anything these days but when he got it up ‘em he waddles away to find a safe space. :D Ha Ha Ha.

Piers Morgan is right wing? Anti gun, pro gay rights, pro trans, fights for free meals for kids who are in need?

Ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Curse These Metal Hands

Piers Morgan is right wing? Anti gun, pro gay rights, pro trans, fights for free meals for kids who are in need?

Ok.

Even centre-left is far-right these days apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

Ok.

It doesn't take much to be branded far right nowadays in fairness . It's a tactic of the left to brand anyone who disagrees with them , a nazi .

• Registered Users Posts: 18,189 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

#GrahamLinehanIsABigot is trending on Twitter, when the wokes get out-woked

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

Piers Morgan fired.

I don't think he was fired tbh.
    He'll be ok, there will always be a place for a mouthy antagonmist on telly or the airwaves.
    That show after he leaves more than likely not. Back to miniscule figures and the brief rise to challenge BBC Breakfast ends! :D

silverharp wrote: »
    That's becasue SHOCK HORREUR he was allowed to contribute to a HoL inquiry into freedom of speech online.
    That's enough to wobble the 'right side' into hysteria. :D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

silverharp wrote: »

I don't know why but that guy creeps me out.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement