Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wokeism of the day *Revised Mod Note in OP and threadbanned users*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,940 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Sir Oxman wrote: »
    I don't think he was fired tbh.
    He'll be ok, there will always be a place for a mouthy antagonmist on telly or the airwaves.
    That show after he leaves more than likely not. Back to miniscule figures and the brief rise to challenge BBC Breakfast ends! :D

Who guessed this morning when you saw his meltdown.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,632 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

The royal family are a perfect example of white privilege

• Registered Users Posts: 13,826 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Who's being racist to white people...?

The usual suspects, self declared progressives, the modern left.

The same crew who often have awful attitudes toward Jews and Asians.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,826 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

That's becasue SHOCK HORREUR he was allowed to contribute to a HoL inquiry into freedom of speech online.
    That's enough to wobble the 'right side' into hysteria. :D

He drives the modern Left Insane with rage because he doesn't know his place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

anewme wrote: »
    Who guessed this morning when you saw his meltdown.:pac:
    I had a feeling he'd walk from it completely even as quickly as he finally did.

It was hilarious his flouncey behaviour this morning.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,339 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Danzy wrote: »
    The usual suspects, self declared progressives, the modern left.

The same crew who often have awful attitudes toward Jews and Asians.

I am honestly none the wiser as to who you're taking about.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Dr. Bre wrote: »

I know loads of white people who weren't born into a Royal family.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,434 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

I am honestly none the wiser as to who you're taking about.

This from the tweet from Piers Morgan
    "all the Meghan/Harry fans currently abusing me with stuff like 'shut the f*ck up white man' "
    Is what you initially replied to, so them, I'd imagine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 475 ✭✭AdrianBalboa

Danzy wrote: »
    He drives the modern Left Insane with rage because he doesn't know his place.

Can you explain what you mean? It doesn’t make any sense to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,710 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

I see Hilary Clinton has had her say on Meghan and Harry

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9343319/Fury-unhelpful-Hillary-Clinton-attacks-UK-treatment-Harry-Meghan.html
    'I found it so heart-rending to watch,' Clinton said, adding that she had met the pair before, as well as Harry's mother, the late Princess Diana.

Clinton then said it was 'heartbreaking' to watch the 'incredibly accomplished' Markle 'not be fully embraced' by both the 'permanent bureaucracy that surrounds the Royal family' and the UK press.

The former presidential hopeful said she too is no stranger to facing off with the British press, adding: 'I've had my time in the box with the British tabloids, as anybody who is in the public eye has had, and their cruelty in going after Meghan was just outrageous.

You know, this is 2021 and she wanted to live her life, she wanted to be fully engaged and she had every right to hope for that,' Clinton added.

The Clintons hypocrisy knows no bounds.

• Advertisement

Can you explain what you mean? It doesn’t make any sense to me.

Here is your answer

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=116524812&postcount=5436

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

Validation complete. I am re born

This from the tweet from Piers Morgan
    "all the Meghan/Harry fans currently abusing me with stuff like 'shut the f*ck up white man' "
    Is what you initially replied to, so them, I'd imagine

It was the bit at the end where he accused them of 'racist bullying' I missed. Although I'm not sure that calling someone 'white' qualifies as racism.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,940 ✭✭✭✭anewme

I had a feeling he'd walk from it completely even as quickly as he finally did.

It was hilarious his flouncey behaviour this morning.:)

Do you reckon he walked! I reckon he was pushed - a good shove.

You really think so ?

Under Piers Morgan and Susanna Reid, Good Morning Britain's ratings are at an all-time high with the show's audience share doubling - from 14 to 28% - since the former Sun man joined in 2015.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

You really think so ?

Under Piers Morgan and Susanna Reid, Good Morning Britain's ratings are at an all-time high with the show's audience share doubling - from 14 to 28% - since the former Sun man joined in 2015.

During that time how many people have stopped watching Morning TV. It could be that the older audience has remained, while younger audience now switch on the Radio or their own audio in the Morning.

what is the average rating for GMB in millions over those years?

Little reading shows it is around the same!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,434 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

It was the bit at the end where he accused them of 'racist bullying' I missed. Although I'm not sure that calling someone 'white' qualifies as racism.

and I'm sure someone tweeting 'shut the fück up, black man' wouldn't be classed as racist at all...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

Who's being racist to white people...?

Non white commentators

and I'm sure someone tweeting 'shut the fück up, black man' wouldn't be classed as racist at all...

Fair point, but I wouldn't entertain that as racism either, to be honest. Any more than the use of 'man' as sexist.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,992 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

I like this guy's take on it all. Sorry I'm on my phone and don't know how to embed it. Mods, feel free to do it.

https://youtu.be/81z_s9AwhVM

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Well now, it's likely with his personality.
    I reckon it's far more likely he said 'fcuk this' although I don't know - I know there is to be an Ofcom investigation spurred on by 41k complaints but let's face it, there'd still be an inquiry if only one saddo living in a basement tweeted a complaint the way it's going.
    PS I've just seen there's some campaign to get even the GMB camera operators sacked as 'enablers'!
    Now THAT's back on topic!

Fair point, but I wouldn't entertain that as racism either, to be honest. Any more than the use of 'man' as sexist.

If I said Obama was a black arsehole I would be classed as a racist.

If someone said trump was an orange arsehole, they would be swimming with "thanks"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Invidious

You do realize that there are lots of privileged non-white monarchies in the world too?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,992 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

If someone said trump was an orange arsehole, they would be swimming with "thanks"

You do know that orange isn't a race? Don't you?

Yeah_Right wrote: »
    You do know that orange isn't a race? Don't you?
    Fair point.

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭rightmove

problem is that those in the latter character haven't the intelligence to see their hypocrisy. Virtue signaling SJW don't care about logic

• Registered Users Posts: 13,504 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

No , royalty is not exclusive to white europeans

Eddie Murphy played a prince in " Coming to America "

his family looked pretty "priviledged" to me

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

I won't be surprised to see him on GBNews, Andrew Neil's new channel.

I think the ITV statement was that he left after a conversation with management. He was pushed out. Probably given the option to quit or be fired.

I watched the conversation yesterday and Piers said nothing I thought was controversial. Chilling effect was in full force this morning. Susanna looked very nervous. They'll make sure they ramp up the self censorship.

Disappointed she didn't quit also in solidarity.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

How are complaints received? Could a few script bots spam complaints I wonder?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

1969: In the future, I bet we will have flying cars and other cool stuff.

The future:

EwDTeSwXYAMc8Ga?format=jpg&name=medium
    lnj

The first thing they had to check upon coming out of the womb was their privilege

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement