Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wokeism of the day *Revised Mod Note in OP and threadbanned users*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,710 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

I've followed Andy ngo on twitter and he does come from a more conservative angle but not far right . If I was in America I'd agree with his views more so than the people he's reporting on. I don't know how you can look at his page and think he's this " hitler " that the woke media try and portray him as . The people in Antifa he reports on are not left wing protestors, they're anarchists.

It seems if you oppose Antifa you are far right now.
    Does that make Antifa the centrist position ?

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/bizarre/14276503/mumford-sons-kick-winston-marshall-out-tweet/
    A source close to the band said: “Winston’s staunchly right wing political views have been causing tension for some time now within the band.

“There has been a rift forming for the past four years with some people even going as far to say he has been ‘radicalised’.

Radicalised, lol , we live in the age of hypocrisy.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,339 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

silverharp wrote: »
    the SSLGBTQI community shouldnt stand for this

YOu mean the SSKKK

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,189 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/bizarre/14276503/mumford-sons-kick-winston-marshall-out-tweet/

reminds me of this meme

4kji4j.jpg

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

Just downloaded Ngo's audio book there. Only a chapter in but it's quite the interesting read/listen.

Highly recommended

By the standards of the Sun, yes - absolutely. What's changed? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Invidious

anewme wrote: »
    I have heard of Peterson, would not have much time for his way of thinking. Seems like someone hankering after the past.

Not so much someone "hankering after the past" as someone warning about what the dangerous excesses of identity politics, radical feminism, and political correctness are doing to our society.

I have no time for numerous woke progressive thinkers, but as an old-fashioned liberal I still support their right to express and debate their ideas. But the effort that has been invested into trying to cancel Peterson, Ngo, and anyone else who disagrees with the woke priesthood is truly extraordinary.

They are the new heretics that must be burned at the stake.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭CarProblem

https://twitter.com/MartinSLewis/status/1369064993078018049

Saw that this morning. While I've never heard of the man, 1.1m followers suggests he's well known / high profile

On one hand I'm thinking he shouldn't give in to the mob, on the other for him and others attacked there's probably a case of "why bother, you can't win". The 2nd option is understandable but it's a sad state of affairs

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

CarProblem wrote: »

Saw that this morning. While I've never heard of the man, 1.1m followers suggests he's well known / high profile

On one hand I'm thinking he shouldn't give in to the mob, on the other for him and others attacked there's probably a case of "why bother, you can't win". The 2nd option is understandable but it's a sad state of affairs

I'm unsure which is the most spinless, pathetic tweet; this one or the Mumford and Sons "apology".

keano_afc wrote: »
    I'm unsure which is the most spinless, pathetic tweet; this one or the Mumford and Sons "apology".

Its setting a dangerous precedent when a man like Martin Lewis has to delete a tweet because one of his 1.1m followers is upset.
    Even 1 unwittingly upset is too many. So I've deleted.

This is a man who set up Moneysavingexpert.com and has been a consumer rights and financial rights activist .
    He launched and funded the Money and Mental Health Policy Institute.
    He was appointed an Officer of the Order of the British Empire (OBE) in the 2014 Birthday Honours for services to consumer rights and to charitable services.

Certain people, the perpetually outraged are just intent on stirring up trouble and conflict.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

No room for humour anymore.

Invidious wrote: »
    Not so much someone "hankering after the past" as someone warning about what the dangerous excesses of identity politics, radical feminism, and political correctness are doing to our society.

Agreed. I don't particularly like JP, but I do appreciate the work he's done to give structure (and voice) to what's been happening with regards to feminism, identity politics, in society. It's amazing how much effort has been made to silence anyone who opposes the woke movement.

More importantly, he's encouraging people to not meekly stand by, while these initiatives become established, and therefore harder to remove later. If he's "hankering after the past", then he's hankering for a time when there was common sense and far few applications of double standards.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

‘Mumford & Sons’ Guitarist Steps Away From Band For Promoting Book From Conservative Reporter

c4670f42370a6ec6856fce3414bd7cff.jpg
    mknjbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

He's a weak, weak human being.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Progress! Idiot stylee.
    Socio-economic class/poverty - forget that!

EwH8cUGWgAU00A8?format=jpg&name=medium

https://twitter.com/ConceptualJames/status/1369653330205683715

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭ingalway

At last, a Green politician in the UK has taken a stance on gender politics and has resigned from the Party, giving very clear reasons why:
    https://grahamlinehan.substack.com/p/statement-by-dom-armstrong-ex-green?r=1nhrr&utm_campaign=post&utm_medium=email&utm_source=copy

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Little girls are also kinky...

image.jpg

Apparently all OK with Twitter
    A tweet with an image of trans activist and writer Alok Vaid-Menon alongside a very predatory tweet is trending on Twitter.

Instead of deleting the offending tweet they are banning anyone who challenges it.
    https://www.sausageroll.com.au/tech/twitter-defends-gross-little-girls-are-kinky-tweet-by-alok-vaid-menon/

I couldn't find the tweet now, maybe they did delete it after all.

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭ingalway

More Trans wisdom for your contemplation:

"The asshole is a universal vagina through which femaleness can always be accessed"

"The idea that being seen as a 'sex object' is universally a bad thing is too simple, like many tenets of feminism"

biko wrote: »

I dunno what the acceptable standards are but that's just extremely messed up. No, seriously warped.

I dunno what the acceptable standards are but that's just extremely messed up. No, seriously warped.

It's not the fact that kids can or can't be kinky (I certainly was), it's the idea that kids being messed around with in bathrooms is something people just have to "deal" with, or is the kid's fault.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,872 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

image.jpg

That is sick

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Idiots like this guy ruins it for the regular transgender people that just want to live a happier life.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,826 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Cordell wrote: »
    If only white privilege existed.
    But since it doesn't, royal families are a perfect example of being born into wealth and power privilege of various colours.

They used be called out for class privilege but as most Progressives, modern Left are middle class and up, class politics had to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

Danzy wrote: »
    They used be called out for class privilege but as most Progressives, modern Left are middle class and up, class politics had to go.

*Poor people are all racists anyway. Why should they help them?

*This is sarcasm, don't ban me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

image.jpg

is that an actual real quote?!?!?!

Ri_Nollaig wrote: »
    is that an actual real quote?!?!?!

Interesting question - their Twitter is very inactive and shows no sign of it. If it isn't, you'd have thought that there'd be denials published.

Interesting question - their Twitter is very inactive and shows no sign of it. If it isn't, you'd have thought that there'd be denials published.

https://www.sausageroll.com.au/tech/twitter-defends-gross-little-girls-are-kinky-tweet-by-alok-vaid-menon/

Seemingly so. Was an old quote on his Facebook apparently

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

Its basically openly admitting to a crime, as much as I'd love to jump on the woke-types, would they be that stupid/arrogant to make a comment like that?

Just I am also slow to assume some bad comment next to a picture is automatically true. Its like that quote from Abe Lincoln, "don't believe everything you read on the internet"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

Its basically openly admitting to a crime, as much as I'd love to jump on the woke-types, would they be that stupid/arrogant to make a comment like that?

Just I am also slow to assume some bad comment next to a picture is automatically true. Its like that quote from Abe Lincoln, "don't believe everything you read on the internet"

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/85812.Dialectic_of_Enlightenment

This book will go a long way to explain his behaviour and why he is so open about it.

• Advertisement

Yes. Asbolutely they would.

They have this kind of smug glee when they see something like this and the emotion overrides the logical part of the brain.

Woke is not about inteligent or tyring to build a better or more inclusive world, it's about emotion and being the one who finds the injustice. It's about being popular, not about being right, and that means finding something - anything - to put you in the spotlight.

Same here. I think it's more a case of soething taken out of context usually than totally fabricated.

Totally fabircated would be more of an alt-right thing.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement