Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wokeism of the day *Revised Mod Note in OP and threadbanned users*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

https://www.rte.ie/entertainment/2021/0312/1203540-sharon-osbourne-apologises-for-piers-morgan-comments/

Lol. Apologising for defending your friend from being called a racist.

People these days.

Spineless.

It really is extraordinarily staggering!
    Is this the world we really want?
    Notice the vast majority of the utter cowardliness and lying is from public personas/corporations so fear of losing cash is the motivator - the 'apologies' are scripted by a New Politburo going by the strict, demeaning phrases.

'Nothing to see here'

• Registered Users Posts: 14,710 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

https://youtu.be/6RWJRzg0EOQ

The best way to show someone the absurdity of their arguments is to use it against them ^^

Just bear in mind that Vanita Gupta is Joe Biden’s nominee for the No. 3 position at the Justice Department.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭Snickers Man

Back in 2012 (London Olympics) two modern woke liberal ladies I worked with cane out with something similar re. Katie Taylor, that she should be allowed to fight men. With a background in sports science I attempted to deconstruct their argument with logic, explaining that the speed and strength differences would not lead to a good outcome. But the ladies were not to be deterred and continued with this, dismissing my argument as being sexist in nature. It was “enlightening”.

You can gauge the effectiveness of this argument by looking at the outcome of a sports event in which women and men compete simultaneously: marathon running.

Thousands of people partake. The vast majority complete it in 3.5 to 4.5 hours (fat part of the Bell curve). Which means axiomatically that thousands of women are faster than thousands of men. But at the tail of the curve (ie the first few home) there will ONLY be men.

In fact a study of the overall position attained by the first woman home across a selection of marathons would be interesting. Typically how many men finish ahead of the fastest woman in a big city marathon? 10?20?50?

Anybody know?

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭rightmove

Not alone putting up with the anti male media and the continuous feminist propaganda in the media and in corporations we have IWD which starts a week before and a week or two after and now this weekend its mothers day so more of the same. My head needs a break from all the BS

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Dick Turnip

You can gauge the effectiveness of this argument by looking at the outcome of a sports event in which women and men compete simultaneously: marathon running.

Thousands of people partake. The vast majority complete it in 3.5 to 4.5 hours (fat part of the Bell curve). Which means axiomatically that thousands of women are faster than thousands of men. But at the tail of the curve (ie the first few home) there will ONLY be men.

In fact a study of the overall position attained by the first woman home across a selection of marathons would be interesting. Typically how many men finish ahead of the fastest woman in a big city marathon? 10?20?50?

Anybody know?

Looking at the 2019 Dublin marathon results - fastest woman was 30th fastest time overall.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭rightmove

INSPIRATION & COMMUNITY
    https://www.irishexaminer.com/lifestyle/people/arid-40238822.html

Linda hayden is in here but so are some travellers and black women also - she might not be happy about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

Looking at the 2019 Dublin marathon results - fastest woman was 30th fastest time overall.
    Does it really need to be stated that men are biologically stronger than women?
    Is this really where we are at?
    Up next, Bears are stronger than Humans! just in case this wasn't already known.

Just in case someone does challenge the above, its on average; most men are stronger than women.
    For the simple fact that most are physically larger.
    Its not to say some female weight lifting champion isn't stronger then your average Joe but that's an exception to the rule.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭Cordell

Yes. No. It depends. A lot of lines are being blurred now, the definition of man and woman is not clear anymore, it's not clear if the men are stronger or if their weights are lighter in the weight lifting contests, or whether of not they should refrain from being stronger otherwise they're showing their toxic masculinity.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

Cordell wrote: »
    Yes. No. It depends. A lot of lines are being blurred now, the definition of man and woman is not clear anymore, it's not clear if the men are stronger or if their weights are lighter in the weight lifting contests, or whether of not they should refrain from being stronger otherwise they're showing their toxic masculinity.

This is true,
    perhaps the solution is to have a "lady Kilogram" instead?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭Cordell

So a trans woman biological man competing in the women championship will get which one?
    No, it creates even more problems :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

https://metro.co.uk/2021/03/12/wales-would-consider-curfews-for-men-to-help-women-feel-safer-in-a-crisis-14231747/

Have I somehow been transported into a parallel universe where the lunatics have taken over the asylums ?

There's a thread over on provo meme central r/Ireland abut how men can do better to "alleviate a woman's fear if they encounter them at night"

I simply pointed out that most sexual assault cases occur when the attacker is already known to the victim, sexual assault outside of that is actually something of an outlier for the most part.

Didn't go down well.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,710 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Scotland passed its highly controversial Hate Crime Bill yesterday.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-56364821
    The legislation consolidates existing law and extends protection for vulnerable groups with a new offence of "stirring up hatred".
    The law aims to give protection for individuals around their sexuality and gender identity, among other protected characteristics
    Under the bill, offences are considered "aggravated" - which could influence sentencing - if they involve prejudice on the basis of age, disability, race, religion, sexual orientation, transgender identity or variations in sex characteristics (sometimes described as "intersex" physical or biological characteristics).

A number of groups including religious and cultural groups, writers, journalists, campaigners and police raised concerns about its impact on free expression.
    It was described in a heated five-hour debate as "the most controversial" piece of legislation ever considered by the Scottish Parliament

Offences can now be committed even in private, an abandonment of an earlier "dwelling defence" in race hate law.

There are those who still believe this is an example of interference in private and family life.
    Why should any government, they ask, decide what can and can't be said in the privacy of one's home?

A crazy piece of legislation.
    The Irish Govt better not think that they can introduce something similar here.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

A man in a dress claiming to be a woman now has more rights than an actual woman.

Get ready, its coming to Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,726 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

They already are. And it will pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,540 ✭✭✭StevenToast

I mistakingly had a look through Aodhan O'Riordains twitter.....

I now hate myself for being a white male.......

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

A white cis male, you transphobe.

Ri_Nollaig wrote: »
    Does it really need to be stated that men are biologically stronger than women?
    Is this really where we are at?

Where have you been?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,339 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

https://metro.co.uk/2021/03/12/wales-would-consider-curfews-for-men-to-help-women-feel-safer-in-a-crisis-14231747/

Have I somehow been transported into a parallel universe where the lunatics have taken over the asylums ?

Key words there are "in the event of a crisis" - he knows full well said crisis will never happen so it's not something he'll have to worry about.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

Just had a quick look at the results for most recent London and Boston Marathons. Remarkably similar. The fastest woman comes in somewhere between 30th and 35th.

That's at the elite end, of course. It's axiomatic that thousands of women will beat thousands of men. But at the top end, no contest.

Key words there are "in the event of a crisis" - he knows full well said crisis will never happen so it's not something he'll have to worry about.
    Define "crisis", certain politicians could make a crisis out of a minor incident, any incident and lobby to get it through. Look at some of the COVID related laws that have been enacted around several different countries, just to be seen to have "done something" to deal with the "crisis".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,339 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Define "crisis", certain politicians could make a crisis out of a minor incident, any incident and lobby to get it through. Look at some of the COVID related laws that have been enacted around several different countries, just to be seen to have "done something" to deal with the "crisis".

There's a bit of a difference between covid and men threatening women when it comes to a crisis.

Politicians do what gets them votes. You're not going to get one ascalating like this to a the level of "crisis" purely so they can pass a law that is going to lose them millions of votes in an instant.

They'll talk about it - sure - but they won't actively enact such a law.

Beyond that, let's not go down the slippery slope.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

If you look at the 100m track times its pretty clear men are physically superior. Usain Bolt has the men's record of 9.58 seconds set a few years ago. Flo-Jo has the women's at 10.49 seconds set over 30 years ago!! Nearly a full second behind Bolt and there are a lot of questions over how clean she was.

I remember reading something like the winning time for women at the Olympics wouldn't have gotten past the second round of the men's comp. Can't remember if it was the Rio or London games. May have even been Beijing.

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭ingalway

Were you 'assigned' male at birth by alt right medical staff or do you 'identify' as male?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,873 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Just had a quick look at the results for most recent London and Boston Marathons. Remarkably similar. The fastest woman comes in somewhere between 30th and 35th.

That's at the elite end, of course. It's axiomatic that thousands of women will beat thousands of men. But at the top end, no contest.

For ordinary marathoners, even event organisers put a half hour difference between genders.

https://www.baa.org/races/boston-marathon/qualify

• Registered Users Posts: 8,434 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

The only crisis I can imagine it being in any way relevant to, would be something like we saw in Germany around new years eve a few years ago. Though I very much doubt it would ever be invoked in a situation like that...

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

If someone would have said in 2019 that actual real politicians in 2021 would consider a curfew for men I would not have believed them.

The insanity wheel spins faster.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,841 ✭✭✭TomTomTim

Bi-racial high school senior who can pass for white receives failing grade after refusing to publicly confess his 'white dominance' and 'attach derogatory labels' to his race, gender, religious and sexual identity

A bi-racial high school senior, who can pass as white, was allegedly failed by his teacher after he refused to confess his 'white dominance' during a class at his Las Vegas charter school.

William Clark received a failing grade in his Sociology of Change class after he refused to categorize and label his racial, religious and sexual identities, according to a press release from Schoolhouserights.org, which supports civil rights litigation in defense of students' freedom of conscience in public education.

According to a lawsuit filed by his mother, Gabrielle Clark, in December 2020, William is described as having 'green eyes and blondish hair' and 'generally regarded as white by his peers'.

“The man who lies to himself can be more easily offended than anyone else. You know it is sometimes very pleasant to take offense, isn't it? A man may know that nobody has insulted him, but that he has invented the insult for himself, has lied and exaggerated to make it picturesque, has caught at a word and made a mountain out of a molehill--he knows that himself, yet he will be the first to take offense, and will revel in his resentment till he feels great pleasure in it.”- ― Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

• Registered Users Posts: 4,726 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

biko wrote: »
    If someone would have said in 2019 that actual real politicians in 2021 would consider a curfew for men I would not have believed them.

The insanity wheel spins faster.

Its the Titiana McGrath cycle, how long does it take for a Titania tweet thats obviously mental to become policy?

I think the cycle is getting shorter :o

• Advertisement

Bambi wrote: »
    Its the Titiana McGrath cycle, how long does it take for a Titania tweet thats obviously mental to become policy?

I think the cycle is getting shorter :o

It's the same people who decry any concerns as a slippery slope argument.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement