Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wokeism of the day *Revised Mod Note in OP and threadbanned users*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,503 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Yeah_Right wrote: »
    If you look at the 100m track times its pretty clear men are physically superior. Usain Bolt has the men's record of 9.58 seconds set a few years ago. Flo-Jo has the women's at 10.49 seconds set over 30 years ago!! Nearly a full second behind Bolt and there are a lot of questions over how clean she was.

You think Bolt was clean?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

NIMAN wrote: »
    You think Bolt was clean?

Are there any rumours about him ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,467 ✭✭✭KevRossi

Flo-Jo was on drugs. But her 10.49 time was probably down to faulty equipment that didn't register a +2.00 m/s wind speed for her run. It was more than likely +5.00-7.00 m/s. The anenometer registered 0.0 m/s for her record run, the only time it did so all day.

Incidentally women do better than men in ultra-endurance events such as multiple Channel crossings at one time, or running for several days on end. But in almost every other case, at the elite end of sports, men are better than women and it's all down to physiology. But you don't need a doctorate in medicine to know that.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,984 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

That Hayden cancel today is almost like a parody ....priceless

statesaver wrote: »

Well depends on what you wanna believe.

After Bolt, the next 9 fastest men ever in the world have all failed drugs tests.

So if you wanna believe Bolt was much faster than all those dopers, while being totally clean, then that's your call.

Arguments against this in the past have included "aye but the man is a beast", or "but he's 6ft 5". Ok so, that's proof?

And plenty of other of his fellow countrymen, some who run the 4 x 100m with him, have failed tests. You think his team mates would dope but he'd just say "na I'm grand ".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,826 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

TomTomTim wrote: »

This kind of thinking ends in bodies.

It's only a matter of time before a group like the Red Army Faction starts in America. Like the RAF in Germany it'll be rich kids and it won't be long till they are sorting Jews off to the side, like they RAF did in the plane hijacking with the Palestinians.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,826 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

statesaver wrote: »

Not just him but his entire nations athletes.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,242 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2021/mar/12/sam-smith-gender-2021-brit-awards

This gimp wants his own category at the brit awards, as he was excluded from both male and female nominations at his own request

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭ingalway

Amazon says it is purging books that 'frame transgender identity as a mental illness'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9355449/Amazon-says-purging-books-frame-transgender-identity-mental-illness.html

• Registered Users Posts: 20,984 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Unbelievable

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,189 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 33,339 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

ingalway wrote: »
    Amazon says it is purging books that 'frame transgender identity as a mental illness'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9355449/Amazon-says-purging-books-frame-transgender-identity-mental-illness.html

I'm kinda with them on that one. For the same reason I'm against pray-away-the-gay 'therapy'.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,434 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

"We will move quickly to ‘decolonise’ our collections..."

native flora only, no invasive species allowed

• Registered Users Posts: 8,434 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Unbelievable

Context?

Danzy wrote: »
    This kind of thinking ends in bodies.

It's only a matter of time before a group like the Red Army Faction starts in America. Like the RAF in Germany it'll be rich kids and it won't be long till they are sorting Jews off to the side, like they RAF did in the plane hijacking with the Palestinians.

I don’t see Jews being particularly targeted by critical race theory, just included with other whites.

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭ingalway

I'm kinda with them on that one. For the same reason I'm against pray-away-the-gay 'therapy'.

Well gender dysphoria it is listed as a disorder in Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM-5) as are eating disorders, personality disorders, obsessive compulsive disorder, PTSD and many more. Should all books on those subjects be purged by Amazon also?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,726 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

Well gender dysphoria it is listed as a disorder in Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM-5) as are eating disorders, personality disorders, obsessive compulsive disorder, PTSD and many more. Should all books on those subjects be purged by Amazon also?

Mein kampf is still there. ( not that it shouldn't be ). But interesting all the same.

Are bookshops only to sell books they agree with.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,872 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

retalivity wrote: »
    https://www.theguardian.com/music/2021/mar/12/sam-smith-gender-2021-brit-awards

This gimp wants his own category at the brit awards, as he was excluded from both male and female nominations at his own request

Even before I clicked on the link, I knew it would be Sam Smith.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,339 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Firstly, the original quote was "frame transgender identity as a mental illness, while you're stated "gender dysphoria".

Secondly, there's a sligth difference in the conditions you compare it to.
    With the publication of DSM–5 in 2013, “gender identity disorder” was eliminated and replaced with “gender dysphoria.” ]This change further focused the diagnosis on the gender identity-related distress that some transgender people experience (and for which they may seek psychiatric, medical, and surgical treatments) rather than on transgender individuals or identities themselves.

https://www.psychiatry.org/psychiatrists/cultural-competency/education/transgender-and-gender-nonconforming-patients/gender-dysphoria-diagnosis

So in asnwer to your question, no - because the treatments are completely different.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

keano_afc wrote: »
    A man in a dress claiming to be a woman now has more rights than an actual woman.

Get ready, its coming to Ireland.

It’s already here! Self-ID was legal in this country before abortion was.

• Advertisement

Very sensible response from McEnroe, relying on logic rather than fee fees.

It’s funny he didn’t mention it but serena Williams did lose to the 203rd ranked player in the world at the start of her career. Venus too.

https://www.theguardian.com/observer/osm/story/0,,543962,00.html

(Also hasn’t the guardian changed).

It’s funny he didn’t mention it but serena Williams did lose to the 203rd ranked player in the world at the start of her career. Venus too.

https://www.theguardian.com/observer/osm/story/0,,543962,00.html

(Also hasn’t the guardian changed).

I think McEnroe was being very polite here with the ranking he gave.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,782 ✭✭✭KungPao

Rothko wrote: »
    Even before I clicked on the link, I knew it would be Sam Smith.
    He's just a gay man. Not sure what his confusion is.

He's being fairly polite and what should be remembered is the hundreds of men who give up around the college level and thousands around high school because they'll never make a career. They'd beat any female at the same age but will never be good enough to make a career out of the men's game.

Very sensible response from McEnroe, relying on logic rather than fee fees.

I love the bit where the presenter said to him, "so do you want to apologise".

Response, "ah, no".

He went up a lot in my estimation. Everyone falls over themselves to apologise these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

Well depends on what you wanna believe.

After Bolt, the next 9 fastest men ever in the world have all failed drugs tests.

So if you wanna believe Bolt was much faster than all those dopers, while being totally clean, then that's your call.

Arguments against this in the past have included "aye but the man is a beast", or "but he's 6ft 5". Ok so, that's proof?

And plenty of other of his fellow countrymen, some who run the 4 x 100m with him, have failed tests. You think his team mates would dope but he'd just say "na I'm grand ".

It wouldn't surprise me if it turned out he was juicing but you're missing the point. The fastest ever recorded time for a woman was by a (almost certain) drug cheat, with faulty wind readings. She also has the next best time. And that happened in 1988. No woman since has gone faster. Look at the men's times in 1988. Loads since have gone faster.

I sure that damn near everyone (of both genders) competing at the elite level in sprinting are have dabbled with PEDs. The fact is there is still a massive gap between men and women.

I'm not disputing that men and women are different, and shouldn'tt be compared when it comes to sporting ability.
    Only a fool would try to argue that point.

I only got involved when a post made it sound like Bolt was clean. One of my pet hates.

Like how all Irish cyclists are clean too, it's only those others that dope.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

I'm not disputing that men and women are different, and shouldn'tt be compared when it comes to sporting ability.
    Only a fool would try to argue that point.

I only got involved when a post made it sound like Bolt was clean. One of my pet hates.

Like how all Irish cyclists are clean too, it's only those others that dope.

I never said Bolt was definitely clean. I simply emphasized Flo-Jo being dirty because some people might not know a lot about women's track & field from the 80s.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,299 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I love the bit where the presenter said to him, "so do you want to apologise".

Response, "ah, no".

He went up a lot in my estimation. Everyone falls over themselves to apologise these days.

100%...An apology is an admission of wrong doing ... you don’t have to apologize for simply holding a view that some may find inaccurate, controversial or wrong...’an expression of remorse or regret’ is actually the definition of an apology.... fûck having to walk on eggshells around people and apologizing constantly to keep them and their egos and tempers in check.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement