Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wokeism of the day *Revised Mod Note in OP and threadbanned users*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,708 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

I came across this nonsense earlier.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9354141/American-Vogue-claims-word-niggling-Meghan-Markle-headline-racist-insult.html
    American Vogue was yesterday branded absurd for suggesting the phrase 'a niggling worry' was racist towards Meghan Markle.
    In its latest issue, long-standing Vogue writer Hamish Bowles, a 57-year-old Briton, states: 'In 2017, the Daily Mail, featuring Harry and Meghan's touching engagement picture on the front page, saw fit to run the headline from their columnist Sarah Vine: 'Yes, they're joyfully in love. 'So why do I have a niggling worry about this engagement picture?'

'Nevertheless, the word seemed a surprising choice and jumped from the page, as presumably it was intended to.

40359966-0-An_online_article_by_the_British_fashion_journalist_Hamish_Bowle-a-6_1615532436998.jpg

The disengeniousness of it .
    All around me I see madness .
    It seems every week its wave after wave of hysteria and overreaction by the woke mob.
    Cynical people so desperate to prove wrong doing that they scour the media for proof of racism in order to cancel people.
    These people are sick, even evil.

• Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭purifol0

Lets see whats in the paper of record today..."Irish feminists must avoid British trap of transphobia"

https://www.irishtimes.com/opinion/irish-feminists-must-avoid-british-trap-of-transphobia-1.4507862

Author Emer O’Toole "is associate professor of Irish performance studies at the school of Irish studies, Concordia University in Montreal"

Folks it would seem that Canadian college campuses are the epicenter of woke, guilt tripping us across the Atlantic courtesy of an utterly complicit media.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,818 ✭✭✭SeanW

Key words there are "in the event of a crisis" - he knows full well said crisis will never happen so it's not something he'll have to worry about.
    Yeah, sure, nothing to worry about. Just politicians openly calling for a male curfew in Parliament and other politicians (in this case in Wales) saying stuff like "well, it's not really on the top of our priority list but ..." Sure. Nothing to see here.

The fact that this is not being universally, categorically condemned in clear, unambiguous terms tells us something.
    Omackeral wrote: »
    Actually, “whyte” according to our dear “contributor” Mr Spiceland. Although, he declines to ever “elaborate” on why he chooses this spelling.
    It could be like the US universities where there are no "women" only "womxyn" or "wymon" or something. Or how the mainstream media is tying itself in knots to justify writing Black with a capital B vs. white with a small w.
    https://www.huffpost.com/entry/why-capitalize-word-black_l_5f342ca1c5b6960c066faea5

purifol0 wrote: »
    Lets see whats in the paper of record today..."Irish feminists must avoid British trap of transphobia"

https://www.irishtimes.com/opinion/irish-feminists-must-avoid-british-trap-of-transphobia-1.4507862

Author Emer O’Toole "is associate professor of Irish performance studies at the school of Irish studies, Concordia University in Montreal"

Folks it would seem that Canadian college campuses are the epicenter of woke, guilt tripping us across the Atlantic courtesy of an utterly complicit media.

Yeh. Canada is particularly bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,966 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I look forward to the upcoming posts from the woke crowd in the coming week, what with International Irish Stereotype and Cultural Appropriation Day* coming up.

*Am I doing this right?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

The comment section is great though. A decisive pushback.

The writer is Irish though. She’s the wan who was on Good Morning about not shaving her legs a while back. I find it worse that she’s Irish. Talking down to her fellow countrywomen. The arrogance. Like we’re ninnies being lead astray by those awful British women.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

I look forward to the upcoming posts from the woke crowd in the coming week, what with International Irish Stereotype and Cultural Appropriation Day* coming up.

*Am I doing this right?

I think you have it spot on. Might be worth trying to kick up a stink on Twitter under some cultural appropriation hash tag for sh1ts and giggles

• Registered Users Posts: 13,504 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

What the hell is " Irish performance studies " ?

At least the Canadian tax payer is funding that idiots salary

• Closed Accounts Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Invidious

Yeh. Canada is particularly bad.

Jordan Peterson is Canadian, and the insanity he has had to deal with on his campus, from students and administrators alike, is off the charts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,339 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

SeanW wrote: »
    Yeah, sure, nothing to worry about. Just politicians openly calling for a male curfew in Parliament and other politicians (in this case in Wales) saying stuff like "well, it's not really on the top of our priority list but ..." Sure. Nothing to see here.

The fact that this is not being universally, categorically condemned in clear, unambiguous terms tells us something.

It could be like the US universities where there are no "women" only "womxyn" or "wymon" or something. Or how the mainstream media is tying itself in knots to justify writing Black with a capital B vs. white with a small w.
    https://www.huffpost.com/entry/why-capitalize-word-black_l_5f342ca1c5b6960c066faea5

Tell me, are you saying that everything a ad o called 'woke' politician says is seriously taken by politicians?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

The comment section is great though. A decisive pushback.

The writer is Irish though. She’s the wan who was on Good Morning about not shaving her legs a while back. I find it worse that she’s Irish. Talking down to her fellow countrywomen. The arrogance. Like we’re ninnies being lead astray by those awful British women.

It's yet another media article attacking any attempt, in this case by women, to organise and offer a differing viewpoint to what are now, very much establishment women's organisations.
    The LGB Alliance is another one - the vilification with zero evidence campaign extends from Amnesty Ireland through some unions to the myriad established lobbyist NGOs and even this venerable site.
    I welcome Emer's opinion article (its utter 'dogwhistling' and incoherence is apparent to the vast majority reading it) and await with no holding of breath, an alternate viewpoint to be published in the IT - preferrably an article with some evidence at least being proffered and not the usual zero evidence of the accusations this writer makes.
    Xenophobia is also not cool but is apparently acceptable on this and only this subject.
    I don't think the public are getting the full story at all and that is not good for our democracy.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,818 ✭✭✭SeanW

Tell me, are you saying that everything a ad o called 'woke' politician says is seriously taken by politicians?
    Not sure what you're getting at here. The two people pushing/ambivalent about the "lock up men after 6PM" stuff are both high ranking politicians.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,339 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

SeanW wrote: »
    Not sure what you're getting at here. The two people pushing/ambivalent about the "lock up men after 6PM" stuff are both high ranking politicians.

Really? It's not even being take nseriously by the person who suggested it.
    Baroness Jenny Jones of Moulescoomb told Sky News that the idea was "not an entirely serious suggestion" and is not party policy.

https://news.sky.com/story/sarah-everard-baroness-who-suggested-6pm-curfew-for-men-says-she-wanted-to-make-a-point-12243462

This is a case of your judement being clouded by wanting something to be true just to prove a confirmation bias. You've been counter-woked.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,504 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Sir Oxman wrote: »
    It's yet another media article attacking any attempt, in this case by women, to organise and offer a differing viewpoint to what are now, very much establishment women's organisations.
    The LGB Alliance is another one - the vilification with zero evidence campaign extends from Amnesty Ireland through some unions to the myriad established lobbyist NGOs and even this venerable site.
    I welcome Emer's opinion article (its utter 'dogwhistling' and incoherence is apparent to the vast majority reading it) and await with no holding of breath, an alternate viewpoint to be published in the IT - preferrably an article with some evidence at least being proffered and not the usual zero evidence of the accusations this writer makes.
    Xenophobia is also not cool but is apparently acceptable on this and only this subject.
    I don't think the public are getting the full story at all and that is not good for our democracy.

i remember her being interviewed on the Ray Darcy radio show a few years ago , D,arcy washed her feet while she let loose about patriarchy

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Ray Darcy, that's all you needed to type. He's a near caricature of the "woke" mentality.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Wibbs wrote: »
    Ray Darcy, that's all you needed to type. He's a near caricature of the "woke" mentality.

The definition of capitulation is Ray Darcy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭Daragh1980

Good summary thread of the Linda Hayden situation here.

https://twitter.com/tobeebayb/status/1370527215633448961

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Daragh1980 wrote: »
    Good summary thread of the Linda Hayden situation here.

https://twitter.com/tobeebayb/status/1370527215633448961

Could have sworn that account was posting racist (or anti white) comments themselves a few months ago...

Its going to eat itself soon

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Rodin

It appears there are posts being deleted in this thread.

• Advertisement

Ray DArcy on one single day last week or week before.
    His opening nonsense, almost always dedicated about what soup or porridge he likes, was out of the blue dedicated to informing the listeners that the UK census this month had extra questions asking people voluntarily to state their gender identity and that our census was coming up next year and sure why not.
    He didn't mention that there was a UK High Court judicial review brought by women and crowdfunded that challenged the sex question as dictated by Stonewall and it's subordinate satellite orgs. Yet again, the political lobbyist company Stonewall (the parent British org of their Irish conterparts but that's okay cos rightside, ya know) led the way in successfully persuading ONS UK (Office of NAtional Statistics) in obfuscating it to allow people to basically self identify their answer when the original phrasing took the current legalities of birth certificates and GRC certificates (approx 5000) into account. Self ID is not the legal position in the UK and that is what you hear when ideologists shout 'trans rights are being reversed' when multiple court cases expose the influence dangerous NGO lobbyists have done. In this case, they could do this because they successfully got expert data scientists (interested in the veracity of data) excluded from the expert panels due to 'possibility of upset' to trans people.
    He wrapped up that little bit of wokery by announcing this just came to him from reading something and nobody had been in his ear about it - a sort of 'I just thought that was nice vibe with us having a census next year and all', leaving out that a national, should-be-independent service that is key to planning for a country comprising at minimum 33 million women allowed itself to be ideologically compromised in framing a crucial question. <--that's the story
    This was bookmarked by yet another pro-govt proposal on housing within 16 weeks for everyone who arrives here claiming asylum status with an applicant from S Africa (seriously listen to her tale despite being led by the hand by DArcy she tripped up a lot) and another asylum NGO spokesperson.
    Speech #1 - not mentioning at all the illegality of a basic question highlighted by ordinary women
    Speech #2 - no one to offer a different viewpoint (As ALL RTE programs did that day)

Bit by bit, nothing to see here.

Could have sworn that account was posting racist (or anti white) comments themselves a few months ago...

This is correct.

Rodin wrote: »
    It appears there are posts being deleted in this thread.

And elsewhere with not a note, nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

I notice that as well on a lot of these activist accounts on Twitter. The likes must work wonders for their self esteem.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Mod:

Folks if you have an issue with a post being deleted the best thing you can do is PM a forum mod to discuss it with them, don't derail the thread whinging about it because that's only going to get you sanctioned.

Necro wrote: »
    Mod:

Folks if you have an issue with a post being deleted the best thing you can do is PM a forum mod to discuss it with them, don't derail the thread whinging about it because that's only going to get you sanctioned.

Are posts being deleted then?
    What is the policy on deleting posts?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Rodin wrote: »
    Are posts being deleted then?
    What is the policy on deleting posts?

I don't usually do this but I took a look at the log for the thread and I can only see one post deleted today by the forum mods.

Posts are removed on a regular basis of the re-reg nuisances we don't give oxygen to but in general there wouldn't be many posts by normal users deleted, unless they're responding to said re-regs.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,984 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

This minute on Twitter everyone is cancelling everyone so mathematically we can just brush them all side and go back to the good times

• Registered Users Posts: 20,984 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Wibbs wrote: »

He interviewed jarleth regan , Ireland’s feminist comedian (impossible I know) once and he made ray look like Bernard manning :) even told ray he was part of the problem

• Advertisement

Necro wrote: »
    I don't usually do this but I took a look at the log for the thread and I can only see one post deleted today by the forum mods.

Posts are removed on a regular basis of the re-reg nuisances we don't give oxygen to but in general there wouldn't be many posts by normal users deleted, unless they're responding to said re-regs.

I think mine was removed because the mod didn't like the truth I was telling.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement