Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wokeism of the day *Revised Mod Note in OP and threadbanned users*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,841 ✭✭✭TomTomTim

If you want to see the most explicit racism you'll see in modern west, look at the replies in this thread.

https://twitter.com/MrsSOsbourne/status/1370266292846960641

This is wokeness in its purest form. Pure anti white racism, the only racism that modern society tolerates.

“The man who lies to himself can be more easily offended than anyone else. You know it is sometimes very pleasant to take offense, isn't it? A man may know that nobody has insulted him, but that he has invented the insult for himself, has lied and exaggerated to make it picturesque, has caught at a word and made a mountain out of a molehill--he knows that himself, yet he will be the first to take offense, and will revel in his resentment till he feels great pleasure in it.”- ― Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Rodin wrote: »
    I think mine was removed because the mod didn't like the truth I was telling.

Take it up with the mod and if you aren't happy with that outcome start a thread in the Help Desk, don't discuss it on thread. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,299 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Grim reading... our country is being sold down the river, anti democratic, no surprise given who said it and what party they represent ......

Leo won’t give a fûck, nothing to loose... he’ll be sat in a nice gated mansion, three pensions, bulging bank account... nothing will impact him

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Strumms wrote: »
    Grim reading... our country is being sold down the river, anti democratic, no surprise given who said it and what party they represent ......

Leo won’t give a fûck, nothing to loose... he’ll be sat in a nice gated mansion, three pensions, bulging bank account... nothing will impact him

I hope he does more for them than he did for "those who get up in morning"

FG are for the dogs these days, stand for whatever way the woke wind blows

• Registered Users Posts: 25,299 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I hope he does more for them than he did for "those who get up in morning"

FG are for the dogs these days, stand for whatever way the woke wind blows

Their aim is power. Always was... they are now courting the ability to tap into a demographic of voter that might strengthen their voter base, meanwhile selling the rest of us and our wellbeing down the river...it’s potentially very socially divisive too. Leo and his right wing ilk care nothing about people of different ethnicities or cultures... only if it gives THEM a leg up and that’s what this is...politicking.

If this fûcking carry on starts in the Dail... it’s going to be prevalent in every avenue of life....

Going for a job....

“Due to us having a perceived under representation of non Irish ethnicities, no white Irish need apply”

It’s a shame that FF have and indeed still have such a fûcking poor and uncharismatic leader as Martin...somebody better would have shut Leo the fûck up a long time ago....

I’d be voting for the flying mongo moose party before a FG candidate ever receives a vote..absolute grim party and people...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

purifol0 wrote: »
    Lets see whats in the paper of record today..."Irish feminists must avoid British trap of transphobia"

https://www.irishtimes.com/opinion/irish-feminists-must-avoid-british-trap-of-transphobia-1.4507862

Author Emer O’Toole "is associate professor of Irish performance studies at the school of Irish studies, Concordia University in Montreal"

Folks it would seem that Canadian college campuses are the epicenter of woke, guilt tripping us across the Atlantic courtesy of an utterly complicit media.

Go on the Irish ladies telling Ms. O’Toole what’s what and putting their names to the letters. That genuinely takes courage today.

https://www.irishtimes.com/opinion/letters/feminists-must-avoid-transphobia-trap-1.4508914

• Registered Users Posts: 13,873 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Strumms wrote: »

He's too busy making up lies about TDs and their religions.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,180 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

First world problems.

https://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-style/that-s-not-my-name-why-getting-the-pronunciation-right-matters-1.4500208

Don't ever go to Australia, love. You'd hate the way they brutally truncate names there.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,966 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

People from non-African countries have difficulty pronouncing African names they've only heard for the first time shocker! Wonder how the Africans would get on with pronouncing traditional Irish names. Poor Saoirse Ronan must cry herself to sleep in her millionaires bed every night over the offence!

People from non-African countries have difficulty pronouncing African names they've only heard for the first time shocker! Wonder how the Africans would get on with pronouncing traditional Irish names. Poor Saoirse Ronan must cry herself to sleep in her millionaires bed every night over the offence!

I have an Irish second name and have it mispronounced all the time! As long as its an honest attempt and not a piss take there is no issue.

But then Wuraola knows this, but brow beating the Irish about racism and upping diversity quotas is so hot right now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Scotty #

I have an Irish second name and have it mispronounced all the time! As long as its an honest attempt and not a piss take there is no issue.
    I went to school with two first cousins who had the same last name, 'Boshell'. They each pronounced it differently. One 'Bosh-ell' and the other 'Bo-Shell'.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,503 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

This is unfortunately another chance to make a story where one doesn't exist.

People don't mispronounce your name because they are racist, they mispronounce it because they are bad at pronunciation.

If you bring over a German, an Italian, a Swede etc to Ireland, there is a fair chance many folk will pronounce their names wrong too. The colour of your skin is irrelevant.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,909 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Why is everyone so angry. Go work on something, anything. You'll thank yourself for it.

I worked in Africa, not once did they get my first name or surname correct, actually so bad at the start that I didn't know they were calling me, happening in medicals, banks etc., I thought it was amusing. Got used to waiting to see the confused look and then the butcher pronunciation to know it was me, it was funny all looks of confusion. Do I think or did I think it was racist, not at all and it would be ridiculous to think of it as racist

Because you have a bit of common sense, and don't have a victim complex.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

Unilever, one of the biggest consumer products companies in the world, have decided to remove the word "normal" from all their beauty products and ads as a way to be inclusive.

So it is not normal to be normal anymore.
    Wokeness hitting 7.9 on the Richter Scale.

listermint wrote: »
    Why is everyone so angry. Go work on something, anything. You'll thank yourself for it.

No anger here, I find most of this thread amusing

Its Brasseye level satire

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

statesaver wrote: »

You know when a story is legitimately twenty years old.

Yes , twenty years old and it's pulled up again on Reddit and Twitter as being an example of how woke the world has become

And then Irish people fall for it on the internet and start pushing the tweets as new.

That .

https://www.foxnews.com/story/speedy-gonzales-caged-by-cartoon-network.amp#aoh=16157139195419&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From%20%251%24s

Oh and we will the note the origin of this 'story' back then too.

The group who literally make money off teeing this stuff for angry people that gobble it up.

Gobble gobble gobble gobble. Gullible gullible.

None of ye ever feel your being played for a fool. Pressing all the right buttons on your keyboard.

Go find a project and start it. You'll be less angry.

No anger here, I find most of this thread amusing

Its Brasseye level satire

It's not satire if it's not real. It's poor amplification of unreal stuff. That's the amusing part. The reaction to it

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

You know when a story is legitimately twenty years old.

Yes , twenty years old and it's pulled up again on Reddit and Twitter as being an example of how woke the world has become

And then Irish people fall for it on the internet and start pushing the tweets as new.

That .

https://www.foxnews.com/story/speedy-gonzales-caged-by-cartoon-network.amp#aoh=16157139195419&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From%20%251%24s

Oh and we will the note the origin of this 'story' back then too.

The group who literally make money off teeing this stuff for angry people that gobble it up.

Gobble gobble gobble gobble. Gullible gullible.

None of ye ever feel your being played for a fool. Pressing all the right buttons on your keyboard.

Good to know.
    So it was tried 20 years ago and failed and tried again now and failed.

Angry ? No. no, I find all this funny.

Maybe this is their project. Who are you to judge? And the projection that they're angry (multiple claims of such) says more about you than them.

Why are you so angry, listermint?:rolleyes:

It's not satire if it's not real. It's poor amplification of unreal stuff. That's the amusing part. The reaction to it

You are on here reacting to the reactors.

Would you not take your own advice, Go find a project and start it. You'll be less angry.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,180 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

You're the one who sounds rattled tbh.

NIMAN wrote: »
    You are on here reacting to the reactors.

Would you not take your own advice, Go find a project and start it. You'll be less angry.

Lads I was laughing over this over breakfast, I've plenty to be getting on with. It lunchtime now and reading this again laughing. Getting caught up on old rehashed stories designed to get you to start threads and put in Facebook.

Plenty of problems in here I can see. Angry bunch of fellas.

Grrrrrr the worlds out to get ya grrrrrrrrrrrrr

Tears

• Registered Users Posts: 8,434 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Lads I was laughing over this over breakfast, I've plenty to be getting on with. It lunchtime now and reading this again laughing. Getting caught up on old rehashed stories designed to get you to start threads and put in Facebook.

Tears
    I wonder why he's back in the news

With Pepé Le Pew already cut from the starting lineup of Space Jam: A New Legacy, is Speedy Gonzales the next controversial Looney Tune to be benched from LeBron James's high-profile sequel? Not if Gabriel Iglesias has anything to say about it.
    The comedian recently revealed on Twitter that he's voicing Mexico's fastest mouse in the Malcolm D. Lee-directed movie...

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/cancel-culture-pepe-le-pew-speedy-gonzales-space-jam-looney-tunes-gabriel-iglesias-190358960.html

https://twitter.com/fluffyguy/status/1368379750587064322

Literally dead

• Registered Users Posts: 12,872 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

Tears

Yep, you don't sound angry at all...

More projection.

Sort out your own problems before seeking to lord over others.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,708 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

People in glasshouses shouldn't throw stones.
    Hypocrisy is the quintessential trait of the Wokerati.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,984 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Christ almighty Graham linehan destroyed his life taking on the woke, I did wonder what life is like for his wife as he was bringing so much hate upon his family, and he’s still at it. What’s his skin in the game ?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement