Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wokeism of the day *Revised Mod Note in OP and threadbanned users*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,940 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Christ almighty Graham linehan destroyed his life taking on the woke, I did wonder what life is like for his wife as he was bringing so much hate upon his family, and he’s still at it. What’s his skin in the game ?

Did he really at one point join a dating site for trans people and start sharing profiles of the women he felt were not feminine enough for him?

If so, that’s a bit more than taking on the woke.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,984 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

anewme wrote: »
    Dud he really at one point join a dating site for trans people and start sharing profiles of the women he felt were nit feminine enough for him?

I did not know that :)

I did not know that :)

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/graham-linehan-joined-queer-women-132516955.html

It’s mad Ted!

In seriousness, sharing people’s profiles is a nasty thing to do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Did he really at one point join a dating site for trans people and start sharing profiles of the women he felt were nit feminine enough for him?

He was highlighting something that many lesbians been complaining about for a while, that lesbians dating apps are becoming overrun with males (which transgender women are, unchangeably - it’s not misgendering, it’s correctly sexing). These lesbians were being dismissed and still are.

So if you think he went too far here, doesn’t that give you pause for thought at all? What was too far about this? I thought if a male identified as a woman, we needed to just accept it. Eddie Izzard happily admitted recently in an interview with Lorraine recently to switching back to “boy mode” for roles. Is it okay for Eddie to slip ‘woman’ on and off like a costume, as if that’s all there is to being a woman? If so, why not Graham?

Interview here, for any doubters. ‘Boy mode’ stuff at 04:23:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,337 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

I honestly wondered at what point someone would disagree with the alleged woke-ism...

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,705 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

He was highlighting something that many lesbians been complaining about for a while, that lesbians dating apps are becoming overrun with males (which transgender women are, unchangeably - it’s not misgendering, it’s correctly sexing). These lesbians were being dismissed and still are.

So if you think he went too far here, doesn’t that give you pause for thought at all? What was too far about this? I thought if a male identified as a woman, we needed to just accept it. Eddie Izzard happily admitted recently in an interview with Lorraine recently to switching back to “boy mode” for roles. Is it okay for Eddie to slip ‘woman’ on and off like a costume, as if that’s all there is to being a woman? If so, why not Graham?

Its all a bit confusing.

Eddie previously identified as a transvestite, saying he felt like “a complete boy plus half a girl” and referred to himself as “a lesbian trapped in a man’s body”.

No, it does not give me any pause for thought. I don't think about what others do (including Eddie Izzard), once they are living their own life their way, and not harming others.

Graham can slip in and out of whatever costume he wants to and make himself looking like an extremist - prepared to lose his job and life over some petty crusade.

What is out of order though, is taking peoples photos and profiles and sharing them on his blog.

Its knutish behaviour.

Its all a bit confusing.

Yep. Life is confusing.

No, it does not give me any pause for thought. I don't think about what others do (including Eddie Izzard), once they are living their own life their way, and not harming others.

Graham can slip in and out of whatever costume he wants to and make himself looking like an extremist - prepared to lose his job and life over some petty crusade.

What is out of order though, is taking peoples photos and profiles and sharing them on his blog.

Its knutish behaviour.

He has martyred himself to it now

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Mod

Folks this thread has strayed very very far away from its origins as a slightly more lightheared take on 'wokeism'. We need to return to that tone and move away from the more serious discussion that honestly belongs in Current Affairs / IMHO.

The mods are going to have to start removing posts and, if necessary, actioning users if the above is not adhered to. We realise the thread has moved away from that lighthearted tone in recent times, so this may be considered a bit of a change in direction - but its one that is necessary to realistically and justifyably keep this thread in AH and open.

TL;DR Let us all try our best to keep the thread lighthearted. Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,434 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Baggly wrote: »

TL;DR Let us all try our best to keep the thread lighthearted. Thanks.

Came across this during the week...

https://twitter.com/bariweiss/status/1369446214236839941

Oh good lord. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

There is an ad now from Laroche Posay that uses models with bad skin to advertise their skin care product, because of the times when you were called.... Spotty. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

Elmo wrote: »
    There is an ad now from Laroche Posay that uses models with bad skin to advertise their skin care product, because of the times when you were called.... Spotty. :rolleyes:

A business decision tied in with how society is moving.

Laroche posay just want you to buy their tubed chemicals. Nothing else

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭Cordell

Sure, nothing new, we need to hide the fact that virtually all achievements in science and mathematics belong to white men.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

The logo triggered her. I hope she doesn’t discover the car brand literally named ‘MAN’. How privileged do you have to be where your threshold for tolerance is surpassed by a logo?

aMKAMpP_460swp.webp
    kjn

n-Spnl0-Hev9nb-Lbu-O0-K9a-Wqd-Yx6q7z-X5v6b-KEg-Kv-Qs.jpg
    20 or so years ago we were laughing at this. Who's laughing now?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,434 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

That Volvo thing has to be satire, surely it cant be serious?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Rodin

Personally I'm not a big fan of eponyms but "theory of relativity" should always be prefaced by "Einstein's".... he came up with it and should be acknowledged for doing so.

Should we rename "curium" ?

• Advertisement

Rodin wrote: »
    Personally I'm not a big fan of eponyms but "theory of relativity" should always be prefaced by "Einstein's".... he came up with it and should b2 acknowledged for doing so.

Even if we change the titles, inside there's plenty of other names, like Planck, Heisenberg, Maxwell, Bohr, what now, do we need to rewrite all the books because of some loud insecure fkwits?

The logo triggered her. I hope she doesn’t discover the car brand literally named ‘MAN’. How privileged do you have to be where your threshold for tolerance is surpassed by a logo?

aMKAMpP_460swp.webp
    kjn

She got told.

Cordell wrote: »
    Even if we change the titles, inside there's plenty of other names, like Planck, Heisenberg, Maxwell, Bohr, what now, do we need to rewrite all the books because of some loud insecure fkwits?

Course not.
    I'm not a fan of revisionism.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,072 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

Jaysus.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,180 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Rodin wrote: »
    She got told.

She can get her crayons out and turn it into a female symbol.

https://twitter.com/clayburn/status/1371268469145079809?s=21

Honestly not a notion if this is a joke or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

That Clayburn is one messed up dude.
    It's a Twitter verified account so probably not a joke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

https://twitter.com/clayburn/status/1371268469145079809?s=21

Honestly not a notion if this is a joke or not.

The 'they may have one' line is actual racism.
    The 'minority sex slave' bit surely must be a joke.
    *head in hands*

I can't wait for the Burr response to the whole nonsense.
    The Tim Dillon response.
    The Rogan response.
    I think there may be plenty of laughs available :D

No point hoping for an Irish or UK mainstream 'comedian' response with such juicy pickings available. Too many panel show spots at stake!

Sir Oxman wrote: »
    The 'they may have one' line is actual racism.
    *head in hands*

I can't wait for the Burr response to the nonsense.
    The Tim Dillon response.
    The Rogan response.
    I think there may be plenty of laughs available :D

No point hoping for an Irish or UK mainstream 'comedian' response with such juicy pickings available. Too many panel show spots at stake!

I’m afraid that’s not going to register with bill as worthy of material

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

I’m afraid that’s not going to register with bill as worthy of material

I'm sure he's not one bit upset by tweets like that, more the overall stupidity he can invoke with one or two words.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement