Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wokeism of the day *Revised Mod Note in OP and threadbanned users*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,841 ✭✭✭TomTomTim

His personal life tells you a lot...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Damon_Young_(writer)
    Young is a strong believer that dividing people by race will help bring about a better world.

He's literally a black separatist. I suppose I somewhat respect his honesty. You have to wonder though, why are Yahoo hosting this trash?

“The man who lies to himself can be more easily offended than anyone else. You know it is sometimes very pleasant to take offense, isn't it? A man may know that nobody has insulted him, but that he has invented the insult for himself, has lied and exaggerated to make it picturesque, has caught at a word and made a mountain out of a molehill--he knows that himself, yet he will be the first to take offense, and will revel in his resentment till he feels great pleasure in it.”- ― Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

• Registered Users Posts: 33,335 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

TomTomTim wrote: »
    He's literally a black separatist. I suppose I somewhat respect his honesty. You have to wonder though, why are Yahoo hosting this trash?
    Personal life
    Young is a huge racist, is married, and has a young daughter and son. He resides in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.[2][12]

I'm guessing he didn't write this himself...

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

His personal life tells you a lot...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Damon_Young_(writer)

From their website (I was curious):

Article: "The Beard You Grow When You’re Fine With a Dollop of Racism but Not 'Everyone, Even My Barber, Knows You're Racist Now' Racism"

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

I'm guessing he didn't write this himself...

Born 1979 (age 41–42)
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, U.S.
    Occupation Writer, editor, racist
    Language English

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,179 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Or she see's an opportunity to exercise some kind of power over others.

She's simply watching what's been happening in other countries, and assuming that she can apply the same logic here.

There's genders used in French, Spanish, Italian, German languages.. Is this crap only happening within the Anglophone PC bubble?

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Achebe

There's genders used in French, Spanish, Italian, German languages.. Is this crap only happening within the Anglophone PC bubble?

No. There's a big debate in Spanish as to how to make the language gender neutral.

Might as well just have no language on the package then, seeing as the animals are apparently the ones buying it.

Achebe wrote: »
    Might as well just have no language on the package then, seeing as the animals are apparently the ones buying it.

Proves my theory that the wokeratti are humourless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Invidious

If Josepha objects to gendered titles, does she intend to tackle Woman's Way and Elle as well as The Kerryman?

• Advertisement

No. There's a big debate in Spanish as to how to make the language gender neutral.

I'm not against this. I tried to learn German and the genders are ****ign annoying. And German already has a neutral one...

I'm not against this. I tried to learn German and the genders are ****ign annoying. And German already has a neutral one...

It's not as convenient as it sounds though. All manner of confusions and misinterpretations happen for non-natives with Chinese Mandarin. Learning the gender specific words/phrases/grammar takes longer, but overall gives a greater command of a language because the structure is very clear. There's less of that with genderless languages.. at least, in my experience.

I've had so many issues with the lack of gender in Chinese.. the logic of everything being you/it in trying to avoid vagueness, has given me a headache on more than one occasion. (not simple communication with one person but when you're dealing with varied groups of people)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭Barna77

Typical example in Spanish of gender fck up is "mar" (sea) which can be both masculine and feminine, depending on context

• Registered Users Posts: 2,841 ✭✭✭TomTomTim

“The man who lies to himself can be more easily offended than anyone else. You know it is sometimes very pleasant to take offense, isn't it? A man may know that nobody has insulted him, but that he has invented the insult for himself, has lied and exaggerated to make it picturesque, has caught at a word and made a mountain out of a molehill--he knows that himself, yet he will be the first to take offense, and will revel in his resentment till he feels great pleasure in it.”- ― Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

TomTomTim wrote: »

Have they actually put forward alternative ideas? I mean, there's not enough space to go horizonal, so...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Curse These Metal Hands

Have they actually put forward alternative ideas? I mean, there's not enough space to go horizonal, so...

Underground buildings where the entrance looks like a vagina.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

josepha madigan wants to see the end of gendered newspaper titles. She has called for the kerryman newspaper to rethink its name.

Smh

At least we know our TDs are working hard to solve the struggles Irish people are facing at the moment . While shes at it, change the name of the shop Mothercare. It's sexist and degrading to men who look after their kids. Personcare sounds better

There was that football stadium design in Qatar for the world cup (not sure if it was ever built).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

At least we know our TDs are working hard to solve the struggles Irish people are facing at the moment . While shes at it, change the name of the shop Mothercare. It's sexist and degrading to men who look after their kids. Personcare sounds better

That's a fair point. Well spotted. Surprisingly hasn't been spotted by wokery types yet. Il tip them off

Barna77 wrote: »
    Typical example in Spanish of gender fck up is "mar" (sea) which can be both masculine and feminine, depending on context

Depends on the place I believe. But "la mar" sounds like "lamar" meaning to lick, which can cause confusion.

• Advertisement

josepha madigan wants to see the end of gendered newspaper titles. She has called for the kerryman newspaper to rethink its name.

Smh

Didn't josepha madigan advise Maria Bailey to sue during the swing-gate scandal . So advising your friend to commit fraud and rip off an insurance company is fine but the name of a newspaper isn't .

• Registered Users Posts: 8,434 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

There was that football stadium design in Qatar for the world cup (not sure if it was ever built).

o-AECOM-570.jpg?

I've long said the woke left would have us back living in caves. I didn't realise how literal a possibility that was...

Didn't josepha madigan advise Maria Bailey to sue during the swing-gate scandal . So advising your friend to commit fraud and rip off an insurance company is fine but the name of a newspaper isn't .

The general manager of the Kerryman newspaper (who is a woman, btw) has said that they don't plan on changing the name because it would destroy the brand that they have spent years building.

Meanwhile, Madigan is doubling down, telling Claire Byrne that "we should interrogate the words we use in our daily lives and see if they create an unconscious bias" and that we should "forensically examine the words we use."

Maybe we should change her title to Minister for Thought Police.

Invidious wrote: »
    The general manager of the Kerryman newspaper (who is a woman, btw) has said that they don't plan on changing the name because it would destroy the brand that they have spent years building.

Meanwhile, Madigan is doubling down, telling Claire Byrne that "we should interrogate the words we use in our daily lives and see if they create an unconscious bias" and that we should "forensically examine the words we use."

Or change her title to " Minister for 1st world problems"

• Registered Users Posts: 8,818 ✭✭✭SeanW

Or "Minister for Insurance Ripoffs"

• Registered Users Posts: 11,573 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

statesaver wrote: »
    Mexicans a great bunch of lads

• Registered Users Posts: 4,811 ✭✭✭griffin100

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

6054a98fd7bf3.jpeg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,873 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Invidious wrote: »

Helluva coincidence to be coming out with this rubbish while her party leader is under pressure with a potential criminal case against him.

Didn't hear much from her when her party leader was trying to stoke up religious hatred with his lies about SF recently.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement