Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wokeism of the day *Revised Mod Note in OP and threadbanned users*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

6054a98fd7bf3.jpeg

Just aswell they didn't include gender catagories or you could be having another 60 ceremonies

• Registered Users Posts: 8,434 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

MLK, what the **** y'all doing...

0o78aimg70o61.jpg

Just aswell they didn't include gender catagories or you could be having another 60 ceremonies
    Most of which would only have one student attending.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,331 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Have they actually put forward alternative ideas? I mean, there's not enough space to go horizonal, so...
    There's a difference between architects and engineers. Buildings and bridges.

Bridges are structural. In most cases it's "what's the cheapest way of safely crossing this gap" and that rules out most alternatives at a stroke.

Any proposed alternative has to be Safe and Affordable. It's not remotely trivial if you look into the history or bridge building.

Or you could paint them, or you could use the nine dolphins on a bottle analogy.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

6054a98fd7bf3.jpeg

Basically calling for segregation again eh? It’s come full circle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Mod

A few posts deleted there....

A reminder folks to read the note in the OP and keep the discussion lighthearted as per the forum charter.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭Sweetemotion

Seen this today.

https://twitter.com/IzzyKamikaze/status/1372111649478434819

From someone who has #Right2Protest in their bio. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,630 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

These people would be happy to stay at home forever

• Registered Users Posts: 2,762 ✭✭✭Sheeps

Aodhán Ó Ríordáin continuing his streak of being one of the biggest losers in Irish politics.

https://twitter.com/AodhanORiordain/status/1373313461095170048

• Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Curse These Metal Hands

Sheeps wrote: »
    Aodhán Ó Ríordáin continuing his streak of being one of the biggest losers in Irish politics.

God he's an awful eejit. Great win today and he has to whinge an moan about something. So boring.

Edit: Just saw that Sinead Kissane put him firmly back in his box. Very satisfying.

• Advertisement

Sheeps wrote: »

https://twitter.com/AodhanORiordain/status/1373313461095170048

https://twitter.com/sineadkissane/status/1373384970652291074?s=20

How sad does your life have to be were all you see is sexism everywhere. We had two great games of rugby this evening , a great win for Ireland and a nail biting win for france and all this muppet sees is a chance for some virtue signalling and identify politics . I'm surprised he's not giving out about them being white as well . Glad to see Sinead Kissane put him in his place . Anyone wonder why labour only have 6 TDs , well there's you're answer .....

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Baggly wrote: »
    Mod

A few posts deleted there....

A reminder folks to read the note in the OP and keep the discussion lighthearted as per the forum charter.

A reminder folks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

https://twitter.com/sineadkissane/status/1373384970652291074?s=20

How sad does your life have to be were all you see is sexism everywhere. We had two great games of rugby this evening , a great win for Ireland and a nail biting win for france and all this muppet sees is a chance for some virtue signalling and identify politics . I'm surprised he's not giving out about them being white as well . Glad to see Sinead Kissane put him in his place . Anyone wonder why labour only have 6 TDs , well there's you're answer .....

Are there any men on the panel during women's matches? In rugby ,soccer or camogie etc?
    I dont think that there are.

Different rules

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Captcha

Does Mr. Potatoe Head have a dick?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DH4v6FnbvM

Are there any men on the panel during women's matches? In rugby ,soccer or camogie etc?
    I dont think that there are.

Different rules

https://twitter.com/MartinR84979227/status/1373447326417756165?s=20.

https://twitter.com/TomOHanlon17/status/1373421498749353984?s=20

Looks very unbalanced.

"Hi Sinéad. My argument is that we need to move beyond the image of 5 blokes in a studio.
    I would like my daughter to see something better. Positive strides have been made but we need to see more including coverage of women’s sport which I think
    @VMSportIE could also improve on."

Very condescending mansplaining here from Aodhán. It's 2021!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

"Hi Sinéad. My argument is that we need to move beyond the image of 5 blokes in a studio.
    I would like my daughter to see something better. Positive strides have been made but we need to see more including coverage of women’s sport which I think
    @VMSportIE could also improve on."

Very condescending mansplaining here from Aodhán. It's 2021!

When the next televised studio commentary on a women's game, one that will inevitably have an all female panel I wonder will he be taking to Twitter to complain the lack of gender diversity.
    Unlikely. An unlikeable character is Aodhan. Too whiny

When the next televised studio commentary on a women's game, one that will inevitably have an all female panel I wonder will he be taking to Twitter to complain the lack of gender diversity.
    A modern day woke curtain twitcher. Constantly analysing every scenario he is witnessing for gender and diversity balance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭CrabRevolution

I've said it before, but I really do wonder what thought process went into Labour deciding that the solution to their continuing descent into electoral oblivion is to embrace hardcore wokism.

It's not like it sets them out from the crowd; all parties subscribe to it to some extent with the only outliers being some independents. Even if they think they'll benefit from being really woke we already have PBP, Soc Dems, Greens etc. who have wokism in their DNA. This means Labour can at best match them in wokeness and try to divert votes from them, which is a significant but still limited slice of the electoral pie.

I know it was during a crisis and FF were at a historic low, but 10 years ago Labour were even leading some opinion polls prior to a General Election, before having their best ever result. They didn't get to that point by having Eamon Gilmore promoting birthright citizenship and more women doing Rugby coverage.

• Advertisement

He didn't even congratulate Ireland on their great win in his tweet , I bet he didn't even watch the game , he was just flicking through the channels and shock/horror there was a gender imbalance on the panel .. it'd be funny if Joe Molloy and Ronan o Gara released a statement saying they were offended by his tweet as they both identify as women

• Registered Users Posts: 13,826 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

I've said it before, but I really do wonder what thought process went into Labour deciding that the solution to their continuing descent into electoral oblivion is to embrace hardcore wokism.

It's not like it sets them out from the crowd; all parties subscribe to it to some extent with the only outliers being some independents. Even if they think they'll benefit from being really woke we already have PBP, Soc Dems, Greens etc. who have wokism in their DNA. This means Labour can at best match them in wokeness and try to divert votes from them, which is a significant but still limited slice of the electoral pie.

I know it was during a crisis and FF were at a historic low, but 10 years ago Labour were even leading some opinion polls prior to a General Election, before having their best ever result. They didn't get to that point by having Eamon Gilmore promoting birthright citizenship and more women doing Rugby coverage.

It's a closed and cosseted world the woke class live in. Mixing, working and socializing with each other.

They start to imagine all think like they do.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Mod

Can we not get too bogged down in the gender splits of TV programmes.

Feel free to start a specific thread to further discuss it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭CrabRevolution

Danzy wrote: »
    It's a closed and cosseted world the woke class live in. Mixing, working and socializing with each other.

They start to imagine all think like they do.

I understand it being that way now, but during Labour's transition to 100% woke there must have been a sceptical voice.

Maybe they all left after their 2016 disaster election, but should there not have been a body of experienced heads in the party who could point out that they weren't going to win back voters by focusing on identity politics?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,467 ✭✭✭KevRossi

If there were 5 women on the rugby panel yesterday, he'd be complaining that they're all white, or all straight or some other fcukology.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

• Registered Users Posts: 8,434 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

I cant tell if she's being sarcastic there...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭ Scarlett Gigantic Urination

God he's an awful eejit. Great win today and he has to whinge an moan about something. So boring.

Edit: Just saw that Sinead Kissane put him firmly back in his box. Very satisfying.

You’d think he’d learn after the paddy Jackson tweet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

You’d think he’d learn after the paddy Jackson tweet
    And the Carlow teachers one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Opportunism most likely. Very little thought process because if online is anything to go by there is far more objection to it than in favour of it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement