Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wokeism of the day *Revised Mod Note in OP and threadbanned users*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,503 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Hopefully he'll not be a politician after the next election.

What a fool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Invidious

The A. H. Belo Corporation, parent company of Texas newspapers including the Dallas Morning News, will change its name to erase ties to its founder, Alfred Horatio Belo, who once served in the Confederate Army.
    “We are keenly aware that the relationship of our company’s name to a person who figured prominently in the Confederate Army is the source of discomfort, even pain, for many of our fellow citizens,” Robert W. Decherd, the company’s chairman, president and CEO, said during the call. “And that is intolerable to the leaders of this enterprise.”

Decherd said the company wants to embrace “the social justice movement underway in America.”

Born in North Carolina in 1839, Belo would not have been out of the ordinary among Southerners of his time in fighting for the Confederacy. And yet someone can now be cancelled for having fought on the "wrong" side in a war that ended 156 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 808 ✭✭✭Butson

sligojoek wrote: »

A quick look at the last British Census says that 0.6% of the Welsh Population in black.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,178 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

you will lose some brain cells playing this, being woke will cause mental problems

https://twitter.com/stillgray/status/1373865962965925888

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 33,334 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

silverharp wrote: »
    you will lose some brain cells playing this, being woke will cause mental problems

I wonder if femininity can still be the culprit even if the rape is commiteed by another gender...?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,178 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

I wonder if femininity can still be the culprit even if the rape is commiteed by another gender...?

femininity is a social construct created by the Patriarchy... am I doing this right? :pac:

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

I wonder will they leave out the huge role other Africans played in the slave trade aswell . Africans sold other blacks to the whites so they are just as complicit as the white man . Or will they discuss the arab slave trade which started long before whitey got involved . Or are they going discuss the ongoing slave trade in africa today . I've a feeling it'll be a course to that omits all of the above and just blames whitey for everything

• Registered Users Posts: 808 ✭✭✭Butson

I wonder will they leave out the huge role other Africans played in the slave trade aswell . Africans sold other blacks to the whites so they are just as complicit as the white man . Or will they discuss the arab slave trade which started long before whitey got involved . Or are they going discuss the ongoing slave trade in africa today . I've a feeling it'll be a course to that omits all of the above and just blames whitey for everything

The term slave has its origins in the word slav. The slavs, who inhabited a large part of Eastern Europe, were taken as slaves by the Muslims of Spain during the ninth century AD. Slavery can broadly be described as the ownership, buying and selling of human beings for the purpose of forced and unpaid labour.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭Cordell

I wonder if there's anything else beside slavery to be taught in the black history classes. In "normal" history they will learn how the world came to be as it is today mostly by non-black people, and all there is to be about black people is slavery. What purpose will this serve?

silverharp wrote: »

Nope, it makes prefect sense!
    If a black person commits a hate crime it's its inner white person whiteness that committed the crime, because only white people are capable of hate.

In other words, the dark side that resides in any person is white.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Mod

Can we keep it light-hearted in the criticism/mocking of any examples of wokeness.

This is not the place for character assassinations of anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭conorhal

It's about damn time these hard working Welshmen got the historical recognition they deserve!

coal.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,873 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Invidious wrote: »
    The A. H. Belo Corporation, parent company of Texas newspapers including the Dallas Morning News, will change its name to erase ties to its founder, Alfred Horatio Belo, who once served in the Confederate Army.

Born in North Carolina in 1839, Belo would not have been out of the ordinary among Southerners of his time in fighting for the Confederacy. And yet someone can now be cancelled for having fought on the "wrong" side in a war that ended 156 years ago.

Because the Union side were just dripping with honour!!!

But wait, the only way to really "erase ties to its founder" is to cease to exist.

conorhal wrote: »
    It's about damn time these hard working Welshmen got the historical recognition they deserve!

coal.jpg

You see hard working Welshmen but I see racists doing blackfaces!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,161 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

A good one I'm hearing a lot is that we should remove the inequality in sports by removing gender segregation and allowing men and women to freely compete against each other.

Bye bye female athletes.

GreeBo wrote: »
    A good one I'm hearing a lot is that we should remove the inequality in sports by removing gender segregation and allowing men and women to freely compete against each other.

Bye bye female athletes.

I haven't heard that!! Where oh where would that nonsense be spouted?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

“Where they burn books, they will ultimately burn people also”

image.jpg

Did he buy them just to burn them? Cause that will likely defeat the purpose...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

Bye bye female athletes.

Thats not lighthearted

• Advertisement

Thats not lighthearted

If it identifies as light-hearted it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

547789.jpeg

Bye bye female athletes.

In theory, but you know that quotas will be demanded.

Bye bye quality sport.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Bye bye female athletes.

I’m okay with the absurdities being highlighted, to be honest. The Tokyo Olympics will be the time, IMO. Lots of laypeople watch and it will be the first time that the 2015 IOC rule changes with regards to transgender athletes will have had a chance to come into effect. People are hopelessly naive if they think those rules won’t be exploited, especially by traditionally less successful Olympic nations. Bring it, I say. Let’s see people weakly defend it whilst realising that they’ve been had.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Sexist Google Translate

image.jpg

I’m okay with the absurdities being highlighted, to be honest. The Tokyo Olympics will be the time, IMO. Lots of laypeople watch and it will be the first time that the 2015 IOC rule changes with regards to transgender athletes will have had a chance to come into effect. People are hopelessly naive if they think those rules won’t be exploited, especially by traditionally less successful Olympic nations. Bring it, I say. Let’s see people weakly defend it whilst realising that they’ve been had.

I just find it all sad and also funny. A decade ago people like me said that freaks and cynics will take advantage of rules and laws that they can. "No no" I was told, it'll only be people with deeply held feelings. And ironically it's not a criticism of trans people nor women, but on a subset of men. Because there's a subset of men who are arseholes and will exploit anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭AlejGuzman68

biko wrote: »
    “Where they burn books, they will ultimately burn people also”

image.jpg

So will Bimbo be the first on the fire?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,964 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I'm sure JK is really upset that that person spent close to $50 to buy the books just to burn them. She's really upset that they didn't read them I'm sure... Hardback versions and all, so the more expensive ones!

Imagine burning books because you don't like something the author said...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭AllForIt

I'm sure JK is really upset that that person spent close to $50 to buy the books just to burn them. She's really upset that they didn't read them I'm sure... Hardback versions and all, so the more expensive ones!

Imagine burning books because you don't like something the author said...

They could have made an effigy and burned that. Same meaning.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,110 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

This is meant to be a light hearted AH thread, there is a Gender Identity thread for those wishing to discuss that in CA/IMHO

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement