Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wokeism of the day *Revised Mod Note in OP and threadbanned users*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭WrenBoy

Cordell wrote: »
    I'm in my 40s and I have a grey beard. But I know this is exactly what a beardist would say.

Unconscious internalised self hatred, so sad to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭CrabRevolution

rightmove wrote: »
    Hull University. The thrid levil colege 4 ppl who went 2 the Skool 4 ppl who cant speak good

It's pretty bad PR for the college in that sense too. How can you portray your institution as a center of knowledge and learning while also admitting that you don't even believe in correct spelling?

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭Salvation Tambourine

Trying to escape the woke I went to the ukpolitics subreddit, and found this
    https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/idris-elba-luther-black-drama-crime-bbc-diversity-chief-8dgzjkx7v

Idris Elba’s Luther ‘isn’t black enough to be real’, says BBC diversity chief

The character of John Luther only became black when Idris Elba was given the lead role in the series, which also stars Ruth Wilson as the research scientist Alice Morgan.

Edit full article here
    https://old.reddit.com/r/ukpolitics/comments/mqejcd/idris_elbas_luther_isnt_black_enough_to_be_real/gufhngi/?context=3

This is absolutely baffling and should be an indicator that the BBC's diversity chief might not be the best fit for the job.

"Can we get Idris to eat some jerk chicken please?"
    "Why? He's in a Pret..."
    "Well, you know.........he's black, black people love jerk chicken!"
    "You're sacked"

dogbert27 wrote: »
    I was just about to post that! Apparently it's because he doesn't have any black friends or eats caribbean food!

So the complaint is that the show did not make him stereotypically black!

Wokeism going full circle!!

It's a funny story that. These people claiming to be fighting against racism occasionally drop the mask and expose themselves for being the biggest racists of all. I mean, the caribbean food thing is incredibly stupid. If a white person said those same comments I'm sure there would be calls for them to sacked by the BBC.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Chinese influencer

Ey6c-VZWEAc88-Cp.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Did she think Idris Elba was authentic enough in The Wire?

And on another note, Bill Maher rips the Oscars\Hollywood a new one

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭Cordell

biko wrote: »
    Chinese influencer

Ey6c-VZWEAc88-Cp.jpg

They're not woke, just brainwashed.
    Oh wait, it's the same thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,705 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

inforfun wrote: »
    Did she think Idris Elba was authentic enough in The Wire?

And on another note, Bill Maher rips the Oscars\Hollywood a new one

Bill is alot funnier when he isnt discussing politics.

He hits the nail on the head here though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

Trying to escape the woke I went to the ukpolitics subreddit, and found this
    https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/idris-elba-luther-black-drama-crime-bbc-diversity-chief-8dgzjkx7v

Idris Elba’s Luther ‘isn’t black enough to be real’, says BBC diversity chief

The character of John Luther only became black when Idris Elba was given the lead role in the series, which also stars Ruth Wilson as the research scientist Alice Morgan.

Edit full article here
    https://old.reddit.com/r/ukpolitics/comments/mqejcd/idris_elbas_luther_isnt_black_enough_to_be_real/gufhngi/?context=3

A diversity chief!

Hahaha. I don't know what else to say

• Registered Users Posts: 16,174 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

sligeach wrote: »
    This story about The Simpsons is such a load of nonsense. It seems everything is offensive nowadays. Should episodes featuring John and Mary in Father Ted not be shown anymore? Sure that makes light of domestic violence.

Latest priest news just in...

Kerry priest questions whether Catholics should pay for TV licence after 'disturbing, inaccurate' Fair City episode

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-40265354.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,934 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Latest priest news just in...

Kerry priest questions whether Catholics should pay for TV licence after 'disturbing, inaccurate' Fair City episode

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-40265354.html

We all know Georgie bleedin' Burgess was the father anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

Bill is alot funnier when he isnt discussing politics.

He hits the nail on the head here though.

Agreed , I used to watch his show and he's not that far left either and I tend to agree on a lot of his points . The audience can make the show a bit unbearable with all the cheering and hollering about everything he says. Some of the politicans he takes the piss out of , would make the healy rae's look normal

dogbert27 wrote: »
    I was just about to post that! Apparently it's because he doesn't have any black friends or eats caribbean food!

So the complaint is that the show did not make him stereotypically black!

Wokeism going full circle!!
    I remember the Adoption policies of the 1970s (and earlier)where occasionally black children were adopted by white English couples and were given free reign on how they brought up those children, most turned out as completely English in attitude and way of thinking.
    These people broke all the stereotype rules going, they were "white people with black skins". I had a school friend who was adopted, the only thing about him that was different was the skin colour.

Then adoption agencies started to divide up by race, so instead of integration, there was segregation.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Nancy Pelosi claims she could have taken on the mob :D

image.jpg

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/nancy-pelosi-fight-capitol-rioters/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭Wallet Inspector

Luther is west African, not from the Caribbean.

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭Hego Damask

• Registered Users Posts: 13,964 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

She's really just being racist, and should be called out on it. Luther is an amazing show, and Elbas "lack of black friends" is a shocking remark. She should be fired, or at the very least step down. How could anyone can take anything she says seriously after this...

I cant just get over the fact that there are "diversity chiefs". It just doesn't seem real but in fact there is a whole diversity team with a hierarchy

"Miranda Wayland has been appointed as the BBC’s Head of Creative Diversity. This newly created role, which reports to June Sarpong, Director of Creative Diversity, further strengthens the BBC’s commitment to leading the way and delivering even more on-air diversity"

A director of creative diversity.

What a world

• Registered Users Posts: 18,164 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

I cant just get over the fact that there are "diversity chiefs". It just does seem real but in fact there is a whole diversity team with a hierarchy

"Miranda Wayland has been appointed as the BBC’s Head of Creative Diversity. This newly created role, which reports to June Sarpong, Director of Creative Diversity, further strengthens the BBC’s commitment to leading the way and delivering even more on-air diversity"

What a world

scam for the work shy

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 14,242 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

June Sarpong from Popworld, T4 and Extras is director of diversity at the BBC??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,297 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I cant just get over the fact that there are "diversity chiefs". It just does seem real but in fact there is a whole diversity team with a hierarchy

What a world

Jung Sarpong for this role, works part time, 3 days a week, her salary is £75,000...that is €86,000 for 3 days work a week...all to tell the BBC to hire less white people...

She always seemed to be a bit of craic way back on MTV but sheeet

Strumms wrote: »
    Jung Sarpong for this role, works part time, 3 days a week, her salary is £75,000...that is €86,000 for 3 days work a week...all to tell the BBC to hire less white people...

She always seemed to be a bit of craic way back on MTV but sheeet

Is the BBC publicly funded?

Men with short neck ties knocking on people's doors looking for tv licences to pay her wages.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,297 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Is the BBC publicly funded?

Men with short neck ties knocking on people's doors looking for tv licences to pay her wages.

In the main yes, it’s funded through license fees.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,502 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

There used to be a comedy series called 2012 I think, about the organisation of the London Olympics, and a follow up show called W1A.

It had job titles like 'head of diversity, but it was a satirical comedy show, not real life.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,705 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

retalivity wrote: »

She will basically do anything for money or to appear on tv.
    I recall coming across her on some conspiracy show with Jesse Ventura, she was an "investigative reporter".
    It was a good laugh :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

retalivity wrote: »
    Don't forget top stuff like Loose Women, Your Face or Mine?, Wag's Boutique and Jesse Ventura's Conspiracy Theories.
    All top notch stuff though she does have a great (annoying) laugh.:pac:

She disappeared for a few years and then re-emerged as author of the must have CV fillers 'Diversify: Six Degrees of integration' and 'The Power of Women' ---> BBC Diversity director. And there ya have it.
    It helped that her public political forays aligned completely with the BBC - opposing Scots Indy and supporting Remain.

She can spot an easy and lucrative sinecure-££££££ for sure!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,815 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

NIMAN wrote: »
    There used to be a comedy series called 2012 I think, about the organisation of the London Olympics, and a follow up show called W1A.
    I think this is the show you’re talking about?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Oh her, wasn't she on Sky News's The Pledge disscussion show which was cancelled, which didn't come as a bit surprise. I though she was on someting frankly, which can induce odd thoughts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭WrenBoy

biko wrote: »
    Nancy Pelosi claims she could have taken on the mob :D

image.jpg

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/nancy-pelosi-fight-capitol-rioters/

HAHAHAHAHAHA

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

Back to the Luther thing ... from CNN
    https://edition.cnn.com/2021/04/14/entertainment/bbc-diversity-luther-scli-intl-gbr/index.html
    The show's protagonist, John Luther, played by Idris Elba, "doesn't have any Black friends, he doesn't eat any Caribbean food, this doesn't feel authentic," said Miranda Wayland.

In fairness she has a point, I mean I've been enjoying the new series of Line of Duty but it's been annoying me that Scottish DI Jo Davidson (played by Kelly MacDonald - thank God the actress is Scottish at least), has never once been seen eating Haggis.

fair enough they have 3 more episodes to fix this, here's hoping for some genuine Scottish representation.

WTAF , we are living in a clown world where someone with a made up job "head of diversity" has this power over the BBC.
    And then when they DO have a "diverse" character (what does that even mean, isn't Idris Elba from London ???) he isn't black enough apparently.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement