Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wokeism of the day *Revised Mod Note in OP and threadbanned users*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Yeah_Right wrote: »
    It was a very instructive and educational course. I swear I gave it my undivided attention for the whole hour. I watched every video and read every slide. At no point was I getting on with my actual job or thinking "this is a load of ****".

I am now fully aware of my privilege and cultural biases. I will stop all my microaggressions and my constant need to touch afro hair. I am now an ally to all minorities. And will call out and fight discrimination every where I see it. And if there is none to fight, I'll just look harder until i find some.
    This is it, if you don't find it, you are still a bigot nazi racist.

End of.

Except there's no end, ever - that's the grift and division that $$funds it.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,334 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Hold on...

and this isn't satire...?

I've heard that sentiment many times in a serious context.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

biko wrote: »
    It this diversity course also too ridiculous to be real?

blm-activist-tells-room-of-white-liberals-all-white-people-are-racist-while-asking-for-money-jpg-pag.jpg

That one picture looks stupid. Do I win?

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

Ergo "All white people are racist" = believable diversity course.
    "The Italian don't eat enough" = unbelievable diversity course.

Tbh, I would have hoped it was the other way around.

Complete nonsense.

Some things look like people being stupid.

Some things look too stupid to be real.

Both are stupid.

they/them/theirs

silverharp wrote: »
    Critical Race Theory is state sponsored Racism, what a time to be alive

Sponsored by what state?

they/them/theirs

• Advertisement

jackboy wrote: »
    I work for an American company in Ireland. We were made watch a video on an example of the type of thing that could happen if conflict in the workplace is left unresolved. Of course the end of the video involved a guy going to the car park and getting a bag of guns from the boot of the car.

Ok. Doesn’t that contradict or support my point?

they/them/theirs

Until it's confirmed true then it's too stupid to be true. Once it's confirmed true then obviously it was true and wasn't too stupid to be true.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Sir Oxman wrote: »
    This is it, if you don't find it, you are still a bigot nazi racist.

End of.

Except there's no end, ever - that's the grift and division that $$funds it.

Mod

Not lighthearted - dont post here again.

Just because you wish it, doesn't make it so.
    Should you think anything I posted have been wrong, point it out with your proof.
    Someone saying "I don't believe that is true" doesn't mean anything.
    It certainly doesn't mean the person is right in any way.

The image was first tweeted by a person not known for trolling. https://twitter. com/worrierprincess/status/1382096186975383552

Why don't you believe her?
    Ergo "All white people are racist" = believable diversity course.
    "The Italian don't eat enough" = unbelievable diversity course.

Tbh, I would have hoped it was the other way around.

Mod

Not lighthearted - dont post in this thread again.

Mod

Couple of threadbans handed out from the last 2 pages. The forum is for light hearted discussion folks. CA is there for more serious discussion.

If i had more time id go further back. Ill do my best to do so over the coming days. If people are having trouble differentiating between serious and lighthearted, they can take a break from the thread, at least.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭jackboy

Brian? wrote: »
    Ok. Doesn’t that contradict or support my point?

Neither really. Sometimes it is genuinely hard to tell the difference between real and spoof.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,432 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

I never says it was, but this the third time you been suspected of falling for the satirical.

Snpoes is your friend!
    suspected?

This was the last time...
    Varik wrote: »
    Varik wrote: »
    Considering the rest of her stuff on Tiktok it doesn't seem like it, not an ounce of parody in any of it.
    That could just mean the whole thing is a parody account.
    Doubt it, a load of it is her talking in as mild mannered as tiktok gets about dealing with an eating disorder.

https://twitter.com/alexxxsilvas/status/1374908286558961668

So, if no one can tell satire from reality, is it even parody any more?

To keep it lighthearted...
    https://twitter.com/johnsemley3000/status/1382360470770814981

jackboy wrote: »
    Neither really. Sometimes it is genuinely hard to tell the difference between real and spoof.

Fair enough.

they/them/theirs

• Registered Users Posts: 18,164 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

Brian? wrote: »
    Sponsored by what state?

the US

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭Hego Damask

AllForIt wrote: »
    Do you not get some kind of cert so you don't have to do it multiple times.

Maybe he loves it and volunteers to do it multiple times ?

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭Hego Damask

Regarding the Idris Elba fiasco, I saw this comment online thought was funny :D
    We're not racist. We are anti racist even. Hold on, why doesn't the black guy play basketball, listen to rap music and eat fried chicken?"

This popped up in related under that tweet about racist tanning...

https://twitter.com/MODELIONZ/status/1382727412920762375

#staywoke

• Registered Users Posts: 20,983 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Chatting with an African chap here and his arm is in rag order , a few surgeries required ban Garda kneeled on it til it broke

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

Chatting with an African chap here and his arm is in rag order , a few surgeries required ban Garda kneeled on it til it broke

Just for the craic was it or did she trip and land on his arm.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,164 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

thats never happened to me, is that white privilege?

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Advertisement

Baggly wrote: »
    Mod

Couple of threadbans handed out from the last 2 pages. The forum is for light hearted discussion folks. CA is there for more serious discussion.

If i had more time id go further back. Ill do my best to do so over the coming days. If people are having trouble differentiating between serious and lighthearted, they can take a break from the thread, at least.
    I give up!
    This stuff if too crazy to be treated light heartily,
    Unsubscribed!

I give up!
    This stuff if too crazy to be treated light heartily,
    Unsubscribed!

That's because a lot of isn't actually true.

Apart form the bit about the black guy telling me that putting white milk in my tea. That was true.
    (Ok it wasn't - it was a white woman - you got me)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Apart form the bit about the black guy telling me that putting white milk in my tea. That was true.

Wrong. Only a very small % are not actually true. Good of you to point them out for us though.

Diverstiy training in general is true and is woke+. Most ppl think so and wouldn't engange in it if given a choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,841 ✭✭✭TomTomTim

This thread alone has literally thousands of examples. How many have been proven false? A handful?

“The man who lies to himself can be more easily offended than anyone else. You know it is sometimes very pleasant to take offense, isn't it? A man may know that nobody has insulted him, but that he has invented the insult for himself, has lied and exaggerated to make it picturesque, has caught at a word and made a mountain out of a molehill--he knows that himself, yet he will be the first to take offense, and will revel in his resentment till he feels great pleasure in it.”- ― Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

Wrong. Only a very small % are not actually true. Good of you to point them out for us though.

Diverstiy training in general is true and is woke+. Most ppl think so and wouldn't engange in it if given a choice.
    TomTomTim wrote: »
    This thread alone has literally thousands of examples. How many have been proven false? A handful?

What, a person can't have an opinion?!

People don't check. They just have that same rush of blood to the head the same way a woke person sees racism and then it's off to the thread.

Also, not proven false does not mean it's actually true! If someone linked to Titania Magrath, you'd probably believe it until someone pointed out the origin. And even then you'd ask for proof.

I think I'll bow out at this point too. The entire thread has gone full circle and every "woke" post is just as hysterical as the "woke-ism of the day" revelation. Poe's Law invoked, I'm out.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,983 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Diversity training is surprisingly important when you work in a young diverse environment

• Registered Users Posts: 14,705 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Diversity training is surprisingly important when you work in a young diverse environment

ef8.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 25,296 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Diversity training is just a tick box exercise for employers to appear that they are an inclusive workplace that will be proactive in ensuring and encouraging staff to get on and respect everyone equally etc..

There was a time where people hiring and interviewing were able to make that decision.

Nobody has ever said.. “ ohh great, I remember that from my diversity training “

SNP to force schoolchildren to 'face the UK's colonial past' in Black Lives Matter-inspired lessons

Nicely played...

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement