Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wokeism of the day *Revised Mod Note in OP and threadbanned users*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭Real Donald Trump

Offended by the flag of their own country :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,296 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I wonder how long before some of our own start complaining about Irish products that are labeled ‘guaranteed irish’

DTHMX1zsxbcr2mv8fPRoGSvW?auto=format%2Ccompress&fit=max&crop=faces%2Centropy&w=755

Insisting that it’s racist, discriminatory and that there should be a percentage of products sold on our shelves here, determined by law and audited to ensure domestic businesses are enabling the success of businesses and economies and indeed people’s in less well off economies. But no guaranteed Irish, might offend !

Walk into a pub soon and order an Irish car bomb. “ no sir / madam, we only have an ‘international explosive device’ on our menu these days.

Full Irish breakfast ? “ I’m sorry sir, but we DO have the ‘international enjoyed breakfast dish’ “

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

That's because a lot of isn't actually true.

Apart form the bit about the black guy telling me that putting white milk in my tea. That was true.
    (Ok it wasn't - it was a white woman - you got me)

You seem to have made it your sole mission to go through this thread and refute everything in it. Is that the only basis for saying it’s all not true?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭AllForIt

https://freebeacon.com/campus/nyc-private-school-requires-parents-to-outline-commitment-to-anti-racism-attend-anti-racist-training/

Those seeking admission to an exclusive NY girls school are requried to make a pledge to be anti-racist. And the parents as well.

One of the parents not too happy about this wrote a strongly worked response and pulled their child out of the school.

https://bariweiss.substack.com/p/you-have-to-read-this-letter

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

Flicked over to 2FM while driving the car earlier and heard that Byrne lad who was presenting on about “misogynistic micro aggressions”.

My eyes nearly rolled out of their sockets.

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭ingalway

A person born a male but chooses to identify as a woman is very upset that a DNA test came back with an X AND Y chromosome result.

ingalway wrote: »
    A person born a male but chooses to identify as a woman is very upset that a DNA test came back with an X AND Y chromosome result.

Ffs ...haha

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

loki-facepalm.gif?resize=402%2C201

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,432 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

I'm gonna assume that's someone taking the piss...

• Advertisement

Flicked over to 2FM while driving the car earlier and heard that Byrne lad who was presenting on about “misogynistic micro aggressions”.

My eyes nearly rolled out of their sockets.

Calm down dear, it's only a commercial...

Strumms wrote: »

Full Irish breakfast ? “ I’m sorry sir, but we DO have the ‘international enjoyed breakfast dish’ “

I was up in the north a while ago, and went to get a bit of food, wasnt sure whether to order the full Irish or the full English, ...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,873 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

I was up in the north a while ago, and went to get a bit of food, wasnt sure whether to order the full Irish or the full English, ...

Is a full English outside England a thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,962 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Funnily enough it's an ulster breakfast.

It's remarkably similar to an Irish, English, Welsh or Scottish breakfast!

Play it safe and call it an ulster fry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

The University of Hull believe that requiring good written and spoken English could be seen as "elite". It said (BBC link) that "marking students down for poor spelling, grammar and punctuation in exams could be seen as "homogenous, North European, white, male, and elite".

What a bunch of flucking idioots.

Seen as male...?

https://twitter.com/PinkNews/status/1383264453685248000?s=19

I read the original article and the author Wang does genuinely seem to love this cartoon - I have not seen it.
    But when looking for criticisms she opined that there were no queer, gender diverse or dogs of colour represented.

In a kids cartoon.

Dogs. Of. Colour.

¡madre (or even madra) de Dios!

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭OneLungDavy

Kivaro wrote: »
    The University of Hull believe that requiring good written and spoken English could be seen as "elite". It said (BBC link) that "marking students down for poor spelling, grammar and punctuation in exams could be seen as "homogenous, North European, white, male, and elite".

Because only North European white men can spell correctly.

Once again they show their true colours on how unbelievably racist and sexist they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭AllForIt

I read the original article and the author Wang does genuinely seem to love this cartoon - I have not seen it.
    But when looking for criticisms she opined that there were no queer, gender diverse or dogs of colour represented.

In a kids cartoon.

Dogs. Of. Colour.

Using the term Queer for Gay says a lot about the type of person we're dealing with here (cringe).

edit: and these look like dogs of color to me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,983 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Something of interest in the Ulster fry is the soda farl

I’m gonna attempt one at some point. The history behind them is they were made for unexpected visitors so you fashion a pizza shaped soda mix and fry it and then cut into 4 (farls) and it’s quicker then baking :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Something of interest in the Ulster fry is the soda farl

I’m gonna attempt one at some point. The history behind them is they were made for unexpected visitors so you fashion a pizza shaped soda mix and fry it and then cut into 4 (farls) and it’s quicker then baking :)

Make them all the time. Best to use floor (instead of oil or butter) when frying, and to cook on a low heat and slowly. Also you need to use Butter Milk, soda won't rise with out an acid, if you don't have butter milk a drop of lemon might work. (Or you can use self raising floor).

Great for a quick home made pizza. Pizza sauce with can of tomatoes, garlic, onions, salt and pepper. cut the farl in two to get two bases, add toppings, and in under the grill (or oven if you want).

This thread has taken a turn.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,983 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Elmo wrote: »
    Make them all the time. Best to use floor (instead of oil or butter) when frying, and to cook on a low heat and slowly. Also you need to use Butter Milk, soda won't rise with out an acid, if you don't have butter milk a drop of lemon might work. (Or you can use self raising floor).

Great for a quick home made pizza. Pizza sauce with can of tomatoes, garlic, onions, salt and pepper. cut the farl in two to get two bases, add toppings, and in under the grill (or oven if you want).

This thread has taken a turn.

I think farls could unite the nation

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

In a kids cartoon.

Dogs. Of. Colour.

No dogs of colour, when the lead character is literally called Bluey.

we can’t really expect brown, black, Asians, or women to be able to spell with their puny little minds.

Or indeed the non-elites with our puny little minds. Might as well let the elites continue to run the place then, at least they can spell.

And as for Southern Europeans? Morons. Couldn’t spell to save themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭WrenBoy

Maths can get fairly hard too, **** that off as well I'd say, no use really. Only racists use maths.

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭rightmove

Americans are totally wacist as they cant even spell maths.. they call it matt or something racist illiterates

Sharon Osbourne was cancelled, there was a whole 'thing' ... probably could knock thread or two out of it

https://twitter.com/latimesent/status/1384168335089168384

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭Wallet Inspector

LGBTQIA2+ - wha?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement