Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wokeism of the day *Revised Mod Note in OP and threadbanned users*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭Wallet Inspector

Sharon Osbourne was cancelled, there was a whole 'thing' ... probably could knock thread or two out of it

https://twitter.com/latimesent/status/1384168335089168384
    The replies - all these folk casually saying that Bill Maher is a racist... wtf?

https://twitter.com/americnhumanist/status/1384238178643582979?s=20

Richard Dawkins has award withdrawn 25 years later by American Humanist Society.
    What did Richard dare to do to upset an organisation determined to be informed by scientific knowledge?

https://twitter.com/RichardDawkins/status/1380812852055973888?s=20

His reverse ferret tweet below his original sin was insufficient for absolution to be granted. Some sins are mortal, including discussion, and remove the sinner from sanctifying grace.

It's like rock and roll cancelling Elvis. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭WrenBoy

The replies - all these folk casually saying that Bill Maher is a racist... wtf?

He just doesn't know it yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,164 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

Sharon Osbourne was cancelled, there was a whole 'thing' ... probably could knock thread or two out of it

:D:D:D:D

https://twitter.com/snicklin1/status/1384198217408020483

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

:D:D:D:D

https://twitter.com/snicklin1/status/1384198217408020483

Wonder can she get the $700,000 she donated to BLM back now? :pac:
    Or has it been already spent on fancy new mansions for the leadership?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,009 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Things are getting meta.

Morrissey’s manager accuses The Simpsons of racism because they parody him (Moz) as a racist with a pot belly.

“Poking fun at subjects is one thing," he wrote on Facebook, "but when a show stoops so low to use harshly hateful tactics like showing the Morrissey character with his belly hanging out of his shirt (when he has never looked like that at any point in his career) makes you wonder who the real hurtful, racist group is here.”

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-56813256

• Registered Users Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Things are getting meta.

Morrissey’s manager accuses The Simpsons of racism because they parody him as a racist with a pot belly.

“Poking fun at subjects is one thing," he wrote on Facebook, "but when a show stoops so low to use harshly hateful tactics like showing the Morrissey character with his belly hanging out of his shirt (when he has never looked like that at any point in his career) makes you wonder who the real hurtful, racist group is here.”

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-56813256

So last week they admitted their mistake in steroeytyping Asian Indians, apologised profusely, learned their lesson yada yada, so this week they decided to be racist to some other demographic (of no color) instead. DOH!

They weren't racist to Morrissey in fairness though. Beyond me how he or his spokesperson can see reference to the colour of his skin.

Dawkins, 80, claimed that the loss of the award would have little practical effect on him because he had never used it. “Apparently the honour hadn’t meant enough to me to be worth recording in my CV,” he said.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/abd3fbc2-a1ec-11eb-949b-ab1b919d4f89?shareToken=1036768f3939fa92aabb574cdbedd0a9

I have not heretofore been a massive fan of Dawkins but I begrudgingly like him now. Even the atheists are denouncing his heresies but he has been witty and calm in defeat.

https://twitter.com/americnhumanist/status/1384238178643582979?s=20

Richard Dawkins has award withdrawn 25 years later by American Humanist Society.
    What did Richard dare to do to upset an organisation determined to be informed by scientific knowledge?

https://twitter.com/RichardDawkins/status/1380812852055973888?s=20

His reverse ferret tweet below his original sin was insufficient for absolution to be granted. Some sins are mortal, including discussion, and remove the sinner from sanctifying grace
    Bunch of utter cowards.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 386 ✭✭Biafranlivemat

From the US Taxpayer funded PBS so called "news" department
    How long until RTE act the same way.

Blacklists are back and PBS has got ’em: He might be liberal, a Democratic Party cheerleader, and black, but that didn’t stop a PBS host from blacklisting television pundit Juan Williams from appearing on his show because Williams was simply not “black enough”

https://behindtheblack.com/behind-the-black/points-of-information/todays-blacklisted-american-liberal-black-journalist-juan-williams-for-not-being-black-enough/#comments

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭MyLove4Satan

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭MyLove4Satan

BLM is just a highly sophisticated protection racket to shake down huge donations from celebrities and corporations.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

AllForIt wrote: »
    So last week they admitted their mistake in steroeytyping Asian Indians, apologised profusely, learned their lesson yada yada, so this week they decided to be racist to some other demographic (of no color) instead. DOH!

How were they racist towards him?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭AllForIt

How were they racist towards him?

Read the article, https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-56813256

The Dawkins thing is funny. A carer of attacking Christians and Muslims for being anti scientific with few repercussions, and he is ends up on the wrong side of anti scientific humanists.

Be interesting if Chris Hitchens was still around. I’d bet he’d be pretty much perma banned by the left.

I mean I’m sympathetic that his portrayal was unfair but racism?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

Sorry, I don't see any examples of racism towards Morrissey there.

He was accused of punching his black girlfriend, about 10 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭Real Donald Trump

BLM is just a highly sophisticated protection racket to shake down huge donations from celebrities and corporations.

and to move next door to them up in Hollywood hills, along all those white rich people who oppress all these oppressed black people, how dare they :pac:

• Advertisement

and to move next door to them up in Hollywood hills, along all those white rich people who oppress all these oppressed black people, how dare they :pac:

I don't blame them for moving into a white neighborhood.
    If a Black person has money, they move to the white suburbs. It is best for themselves and their children.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭Real Donald Trump

I don't blame them for moving into a white neighborhood.
    If a Black person has money, they move to the white suburbs. It is best for themselves and their children.

Yeah it sure is, you would think they would want to be around their own people? funny that :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

He was accused of punching his black girlfriend, about 10 years ago.

So you are saying if he did do that then it makes him racist because she was black and if she was white he would not be racist? crazy logic. If a man hits a women then he is a POS but I imagine in domestic violence cases race is not really a motive.
    Racisms is blown way out of proportion by the American media because it gets them views and clicks.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,983 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Sorry, I don't see any examples of racism towards Morrissey there.

They were implying that Morrissey is a racist

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Mike Murdock

So you are saying if he did do that then it makes him racist because she was black and if she was white he would not be racist? crazy logic. If a man hits a women then he is a POS but I imagine in domestic violence cases race is not really a motive.
    Racisms is blown way out of proportion by the American media because it gets them views and clicks.

Maher is considered Islamaphobic because he calls out the worst aspects of Islam (homophobia, misogyny, militant Islam etc) on his TV show, and has the audacity to have Sam Harris appear on his show to debate Islam.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,695 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

I don’t mind admitting I used to like Demi Lovato, but she’s become an awful dose lately with her woke nonsense, culminating in her latest clanger when she tried to take a frozen yogurt store to task for stocking sugar-free frozen yogurt, and was quickly reminded that it ain’t all about her -

Lovato first called out The Bigg Chill on Sunday for carrying sugar-free products, claiming that it was “triggering” to people like her recovering from eating disorders. “Finding it extremely hard to order froyo from @thebiggchillofficial when you have to walk past tons of sugar free cookies/other diet foods before you get to the counter,” she wrote on her Instagram Stories, adding “Do better please” with the hashtag “#dietculturevultures.” The Big Chill responded to that critique by sharing the singer's complaint on their own Instagram Stories and explaining their choice to stock sugar-free items, saying, “We carry items for Diabetics, Celiac disease, Vegan and of course have many indulgent items as well.”

But Lovato wasn't satisfied by the company's simple explanation, going on to post her private DMs with them to her Stories. In their opening message, The Bigg Chill wrote, “We cater to all of our customers’ needs for the past 36 years. We are sorry you found this offensive,” to which she replied, “The whole experience was triggering and awful. You can carry things for other people while also caring for another percentage of your customers who struggle DAILY just to even step foot in your store. You can find a way to provide an inviting environment for all people with different needs. Including eating disorders—one of the deadliest mental illnesses only second to opios [sic] overdoses. Don’t make excuses, just do better.”

After receiving backlash to her condemnation of the fro yo shop, Lovato then doubled-down by sharing another post from The Bigg Chill's Instagram advertising “guilt-free” protein cookies. “This screams diet culture and I won't be gaslit by the media or anyone else that says otherwise,” she wrote. “I don't need to feel guilt free about eating anything. This was what I was talking about and this is directly from their own page.” According to screenshots of their DM conversation leaked to TMZ, Lovato also warned the store, “Don’t keep going w this. You don’t want to mess w me. You’re in the wrong and the customer is always right.”

She added that she didn't previously understand that those sugar-free options might be for health reasons, saying, "I didn’t know that. Because it wasn’t clear, I definitely jumped to conclusions and probably shouldn’t have gone about this the way that I have, but I’m willing to talk to this froyo shop to help get the messaging right."

Demi Lovato’s Feud With a Frozen Yogurt Chain Has Finally Come to an End

That last bit is just the epitome of self-importance, still thinking the business in question needs her input after her own publicity stunt went tits up giving them plenty of free publicity they never asked for in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

The phrase “do better” smacks of absolute self righteousness. Anyone who uses it needs to be approached with disdain.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

I don’t mind admitting I used to like Demi Lovato, but she’s become an awful dose lately with her woke nonsense, culminating in her latest clanger when she tried to take a frozen yogurt store to task for stocking sugar-free frozen yogurt, and was quickly reminded that it ain’t all about her -

Lovato first called out The Bigg Chill on Sunday for carrying sugar-free products, claiming that it was “triggering” to people like her recovering from eating disorders. “Finding it extremely hard to order froyo from @thebiggchillofficial when you have to walk past tons of sugar free cookies/other diet foods before you get to the counter,” she wrote on her Instagram Stories, adding “Do better please” with the hashtag “#dietculturevultures.” The Big Chill responded to that critique by sharing the singer's complaint on their own Instagram Stories and explaining their choice to stock sugar-free items, saying, “We carry items for Diabetics, Celiac disease, Vegan and of course have many indulgent items as well.”

But Lovato wasn't satisfied by the company's simple explanation, going on to post her private DMs with them to her Stories. In their opening message, The Bigg Chill wrote, “We cater to all of our customers’ needs for the past 36 years. We are sorry you found this offensive,” to which she replied, “The whole experience was triggering and awful. You can carry things for other people while also caring for another percentage of your customers who struggle DAILY just to even step foot in your store. You can find a way to provide an inviting environment for all people with different needs. Including eating disorders—one of the deadliest mental illnesses only second to opios [sic] overdoses. Don’t make excuses, just do better.”

After receiving backlash to her condemnation of the fro yo shop, Lovato then doubled-down by sharing another post from The Bigg Chill's Instagram advertising “guilt-free” protein cookies. “This screams diet culture and I won't be gaslit by the media or anyone else that says otherwise,” she wrote. “I don't need to feel guilt free about eating anything. This was what I was talking about and this is directly from their own page.” According to screenshots of their DM conversation leaked to TMZ, Lovato also warned the store, “Don’t keep going w this. You don’t want to mess w me. You’re in the wrong and the customer is always right.”

She added that she didn't previously understand that those sugar-free options might be for health reasons, saying, "I didn’t know that. Because it wasn’t clear, I definitely jumped to conclusions and probably shouldn’t have gone about this the way that I have, but I’m willing to talk to this froyo shop to help get the messaging right."

Demi Lovato’s Feud With a Frozen Yogurt Chain Has Finally Come to an End

That last bit is just the epitome of self-importance, still thinking the business in question needs her input after her own publicity stunt went tits up giving them plenty of free publicity they never asked for in the first place.

She didn't seem as upset at the people she used to buy heroin from. She's show's how out of touch with reality some young people are nowadays . Everything is crusade of social justice where in reality they're just spoilt brats

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Morrisey was always **** and The Simpsons hasn't been funny in at least a decade. Time for both to retire. They are cancelled CANCELLED. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭CrabRevolution

ingalway wrote: »
    A person born a male but chooses to identify as a woman is very upset that a DNA test came back with an X AND Y chromosome result.

That must be a piss take. I find it hard to believe that anyone that far down the rabbit hole would ever ever say "born as a male"; they'd insist the trans person was female the whole time.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement