Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wokeism of the day *Revised Mod Note in OP and threadbanned users*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

That must be a piss take. I find it hard to believe that anyone that far down the rabbit hole would ever ever say "born as a male"; they'd insist the trans person was female the whole time.

Anyway there is no problem with this as they are careful to make the experience more accommodating.

https://customercare.23andme.com/hc/en-us/articles/115015843628-I-m-Transgender-Will-This-Impact-My-DNA-Test-Kit-Experience-

Elmo wrote: »
    Anyway there is no problem with this as they are careful to make the experience more accommodating.

https://customercare.23andme.com/hc/en-us/articles/115015843628-I-m-Transgender-Will-This-Impact-My-DNA-Test-Kit-Experience-

:)
    Hahah when the tiny word IF does a whole lot of heavy lifting...

During the registration process, we give customers the option to choose the profile sex with which they identify. This will be the gender that is associated with the profile. We do require customers to make a selection for this field, as it is important for quality assurance*.

As part of our quality procedure, you will receive a notification when sample processing is complete if your genetic sex does not match your selected profile sex. At that time, you can simply select that the difference was expected and your results will be computed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭Wallet Inspector

They were implying that Morrissey is a racist
    That's not racism towards him though. The statement from the Morrissey camp implies that they were racist to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,983 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Morrisey was always **** and The Simpsons hasn't been funny in at least a decade. Time for both to retire. They are cancelled CANCELLED. :)
    That’s your own opinion of morrissey though , himself and marr are firmly noted in music history

That's not racism towards him though. The statement from the Morrissey camp implies that they were racist to him.

I’d imagine the infuriating part was the implication he’s not vegan, or is a pretend vegan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,164 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

That’s your own opinion of morrissey though , himself and marr are firmly noted in music history

For being **** :D

For being **** :D

Johnny marr is one of the greatest musicians of all time so that’s hardly ****e, morrissey more known for lyrics but wrote many a legendary melody himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Mike Murdock

Johnny marr is one of the greatest musicians of all time so that’s hardly ****e, morrissey more known for lyrics but wrote many a legendary melody himself.

He's really not though.

He's really not though.

He absolutely is and that is a undisputed fact which you will be unable to prove otherwise

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

It is a cult, a forced way of thinking that in many cases goes against common sense and views the world as some sort of struggle for power between groups when the reality is not the case, Many who support it see it as a righteous cause but anyone that has looked into it can see it is anything but. I still say remove twitter and college coarse that's primary goal is to create radical activists and it will all go away.

I just think its money, a lot of them are after money in some form or another. Either donations or getting some cushy NGO type role.
    Just look at the "diversity chief" at BBC...

Johnny Marr is considered one of the greatest musicians and composers of all time. It's subjective though. There will still be people who disagree with that and they're not wrong, they just have a difference of opinion.

Stating that Morrissey/The Smiths were sh1t as fact though... that's incorrect. You may personally think they were sh1t but that's not a fact, it's an opinion.

And what's also a fact is that they had a lot of talent. Taste is subjective, quality isn't. They're certainly not part of musical history for being sh1t.

Johnny Marr is considered one of the greatest musicians and composers of all time. It's subjective though. There will still be people who disagree with that and they're not wrong, they just have a difference of opinion.

Stating that Morrissey/The Smiths were sh1t as fact though... that's incorrect. You may personally think they were sh1t but that's not a fact, it's an opinion.

And what's also a fact is that they had a lot of talent. Taste is subjective, quality isn't.

I like to call it my truth. And I am just telling my truth. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭mohawk

I like to call it my truth. And I am just telling my truth. :D

No no no. Truth is so 2018. The correct term is your lived experience. Everyone knows lived experience can’t be dismissed because it’s 100% fact.

And what's also a fact is that they had a lot of talent. Taste is subjective, quality isn't. They're certainly not part of musical history for being sh1t.

If he was such a great composer, why has he not written anything of note since 1987?

The Smiths were the sum of their parts - take the individuals out of the band and they are little more than average.

If he was such a great composer, why has he not written anything of note since 1987?
    He has though - with The The and Electronic and Kirsty MacColl.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

https://nypost.com/2021/04/19/blm-protesters-rally-for-victim-leave-after-learning-he-was-white-carjacker/

Black Lives Matter protesters in Minnesota dropped to a knee and set off to march over a fatal police shooting — only to return when they learned it was a white carjacker who had fired at police, according to reports.

Dozens of people protesting outside Gov. Tim Walz’s mansion in St. Paul on Sunday were filmed by Fox 9 reporter Mitti Hicks as they knelt for a moment of silence over initial rumors about Sunday’s 3 p.m. fatal shooting.

The Smiths were the sum of their parts - take the individuals out of the band and they are little more than average.

He has actually every year he’s something of note along with some great session credits . Don’t go down this route you’re goona look very stupid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Wrong so wrong!

c06a6d1375503742.jpg

• Advertisement

He has actually every year he’s something of note along with some great session credits . Don’t go down this route you’re goona look very stupid.

Hold on Mods this has gone to far, this is serious stuff they are saying about The Smiths and Morrissey. Bans should be clearly handed around :D

Hold on Mods this has gone to far, this is serious stuff they are saying about The Smiths and Morrissey. Bans should be clearly handed around :D

All I’m sayin you can’t say one of the busiest session and solo musicians who is in the fender hall of fame and is who is in college music curriculum is ... ****e, without prefacing it with “in my personal and uneducated opinion “

It’s giving voice to these opinions that’s killing the internet.

All I’m sayin you can’t say one of the busiest session and solo musicians who is in the fender hall of fame and is who is in college music curriculum is ... ****e, without prefacing it with “in my personal and uneducated opinion “

It’s giving voice to these opinions that’s killing the internet.

No-one is saying he is ****e. Or that The Smith are ****e.

The Smiths are great as a collective unit - less impressive individually when they broke up.

All I am saying is that he is not one of the greatest composers of all time. In my opinion.

No-one is saying he is ****e. Or that The Smith are ****e.

The Smiths are great as a collective unit - less impressive individually when they broke up.

All I am saying is that he is not one of the greatest composers of all time. In my opinion.

I disagreed with your what’s he done lately is all, I respect your opinion:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 386 ✭✭Biafranlivemat

So you are saying if he did do that then it makes him racist because she was black and if she was white he would not be racist? crazy logic. If a man hits a women then he is a POS but I imagine in domestic violence cases race is not really a motive.
    Racisms is blown way out of proportion by the American media because it gets them views and clicks.

I didn't think he was Racist, but certain types of people were using the racism word.
    Any way, the story disappeared after a few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,818 ✭✭✭SeanW

silverharp wrote: »
    I think cats are smarter than we give them credit for. That one certainly is. :D

Cats are awesome. They're hilarious and intelligent.

They can be arseholes but that's what makes them funny. And a fully domesticated cat can be as sweet as a dog.

Cats are awesome. They're hilarious and intelligent.

They can be arseholes but that's what makes them funny. And a fully domesticated cat can be as sweet as a dog.

We are all going to become a Cat loving, Farl eating, Morrisey fans :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,705 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

The worst thing in that picture isn't the handbag or even Harry Styles.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement