Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wokeism of the day *Revised Mod Note in OP and threadbanned users*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Great stuff, Academy awards ratings plummet to all time low. Glad to see that the general public are sick of these morons, with their virtue signaling nonsense

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/04/26/oscars-2021-academy-award-ratings-plummet-to-all-time-low-.html

I don’t think identity politics has much to do with those ratings. It’s just been a weird year and the importance of celebrities has receded greatly in that time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,465 ✭✭✭KevRossi

Orla O'Donnell tweeted this. The comments are calling out the perverted voyeur who ogled the girls (if training they have to be U-18).

Problem starts when you realise the letter was written by.....
    a woman. It was assumed the writer was a man. The comments dry up a fair bit once Orla clarified this

https://twitter.com/Orlaodo/status/1387333010844946433

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭mohawk

This is something that always gets me, most people who are doing well (that i know of) have all worked extremely hard for it. Sure the odd one got a lucky break, but even then the hard yards were put in.

This sense of self entitlement to have what others have worked for when in many cases unwilling to make the same commitments is madness.

Now I do agree that earnings over (Insert whatever crazy number takes your fancy) should be taxed heavily for the common good. But these are few and far between in reality.

I would agree totally.
    In the US (not sure what figures are here) top 1% hold 30% of the wealth. The bottom 50% hold less then 2%. I don’t think it is as bad here (hopefully not) but it’s not good for a society to be as unequal as the US. The likes of successful surgeons and small business owners aren’t the problem. It’s a very tiny number of super elites.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,705 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

This sense of self entitlement to have what others have worked for when in many cases unwilling to make the same commitments is madness.

Envy was once considered to be one of the seven deadly sins before it became one of the most admired virtues under its new name, “social justice."

• Registered Users Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

I thought the consensus here was that wokeness had ruined the economic focus of the left.

Now wokeness is wanting to take money from the rich.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭EddieN75

I thought the consensus here was that wokeness had ruined the economic focus of the left.

Now wokeness is wanting to take money from the rich.

I just want to see a few heads on pikes. That's it

EddieN75 wrote: »
    Racist, sexist choice in music
    Why Not Her? urges gender quotas and legislative changes across radio to promote Irish talent across genres, genders, race and orientation.

As if Irish radio isnt bad enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,164 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

As if Irish radio isnt bad enough.

what is amusing is that increasingly only old people will watch the tele or listen to the radio. The best these clowns can hope for is to be king of the ash heap

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

I don’t think identity politics has much to do with those ratings. It’s just been a weird year and the importance of celebrities has receded greatly in that time.

None of the films got the buzz they would in a normal year. Of course, Oscar ratings have been falling for a while anyway.

None of the films got the buzz they would in a normal year. Of course, Oscar ratings have been falling for a while anyway.

That too. I had only really heard of Promising Young Woman.

• Advertisement

A she-cession. Bound to take off as a signaling word. You heard it first here from Monsieur Trudeau, a true vag dryer of a lad if ever there was one (to borrow a useful and descriptive phrase used bytimes by the poster above). Men die more than women from covid, although not after 90 years old. But that is probably because fewer men get to be over 90. Anyways. As one chap says She -cession embarrasses all of people-kind :pac:

https://twitter.com/JustinTrudeau/status/1387183316089069574?s=20

isha wrote: »
    A she-cession. Bound to take off as a signaling word. You heard it first here from Monsieur Trudeau, a true vag dryer of a lad if ever there was one (to borrow a useful and descriptive phrase used bytimes by the poster above). Men die more than women from covid, although not after 90 years old. But that is probably because fewer men get to be over 90. Anyways. As one chap says She -cession embarrasses all of people-kind :pac:

https://twitter.com/JustinTrudeau/status/1387183316089069574?s=20

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭CarProblem

I just want to see a few heads on pikes. That's it

"When people are presented with the alternatives of hating themselves for their failures or hating others for their success, they seldom choose to hate themselves" - Thomas Sowell

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭Salvation Tambourine

I don't really get this article. Is it specifically about Irish artists chart positions and airtime?

CarProblem wrote: »
    "When people are presented with the alternatives of hating themselves for their failures or hating others for their success, they seldom choose to hate themselves" - Thomas Sowell

I am an admirer of Thomas Sowell. I suppose that makes me a Nazi. He just has had a lot of (un)common sense about him for a very long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Nokotan wrote: »
    I don't really get this article. Is it specifically about Irish artists chart positions and airtime?

Yeah, I have always felt the same about this research.

They are also using international Irish Stars in that list. I think from a local level when you reach outside Ireland you shouldn't be included e.g. Westlife and Niall Horan.

Irish people list to music from the US and the UK. I would love to see Irish charts and Playlist for Canadian and Australian stars.

I would say on Gender Canada fairs badly with Justin Bieber
    While Queen of Pop Kyle Minogue is keeping it balanced for Australian artists.

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭Salvation Tambourine

Elmo wrote: »
    Yeah, I have always felt the same about this research.

They are also using international Irish Stars in that list. I think from a local level when you reach outside Ireland you shouldn't be included e.g. Westlife and Niall Horan.

Irish people list to music from the US and the UK. I would love to see Irish charts and Playlist for Canadian and Australian stars.

I would say on Gender Canada fairs badly with Justin Bieber
    While Queen of Pop Kyle Minogue is keeping it balanced for Australian artists.

My extremely uneducated take on this is that Irish females aren't being squeezed out by Irish males. They are competing with international females, the ones with the massive backing and promotion.

Nokotan wrote: »
    My extremely uneducated take on this is that Irish females aren't being squeezed out by Irish males. They are competing with international females, the ones with the massive backing and promotion.

I think what the research is trying to prove is that Irish Female artist are not as played on the radio and don't get as much exposure as Irish Male artist.

However, I would suggest this is a general trend for Irish Artist and your lucky to get promotion from Irish radio and media.

While you can get this promotion to 50% it doesn't mean that you will find any of the artists becoming all that successful.

I am surprise Enya isn't on that 20 year list.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭WrenBoy

Your Face wrote: »

I was watching an old episode of mash and it appeared as though Radar blinked out the message "Epstein stil golf" I was shocked and Walt Disney shall be hearing from my solicitor.

• Advertisement

:eek:

Peace/Victory Sign or the F-U sign for win number 2?

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭CarProblem

• Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭EddieN75

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,298 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

• Registered Users Posts: 15,354 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

Instead of just screaming racism and sexism why don't they look at the real reasons they are top ?

I don't think music fans give a sh1t about the race or sex of the artist - if the music is good , it's good simple as that.

Maybe most top artists are white and male as this is the largest demographic in Ireland in the music industry anyway ?

I'm tired of this 'looking for issues where there is none' nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

Nerdrotic on the Oscars ...

and critical drinker on same ...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭Cordell

So white people affair make pretend that is now woke and diverse; white people stop caring and woke diverse people don't really care about this make pretend.

Who would have thought that it works like that in the real world?

• Advertisement

https://www.the42.ie/sarah-dervan-galway-5423959-Apr2021
    GALWAY CAMOGIE CAPTAIN Sarah Dervan says the financial inequality between men and women in sport is “Stone Age” stuff and says she wants to see more parity between the genders.

It was revealed that male players in the GAA receive over €3m in Government grants while their female counterparts are given just over €700,000 annually.

'It's hard to see how men got €3m and women only got €700,000... Stone Age stuff'

This old chestnut again.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement