Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wokeism of the day *Revised Mod Note in OP and threadbanned users*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,629 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

It’s obvious why the pay gap in sport between men and women is - more people watch men’s sport ! The closest the women come to the men for viewers is tennis and they don’t even play 5 sets

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    It’s obvious why the pay gap in sport between men and women is - more people watch men’s sport ! The closest the women come to the men for viewers is tennis and they don’t even play 5 sets

Amazing the way people pretend not to see this, surely the likes of Megan Rapinoe when she says "I earn way less than Messi, JUST BECAUSE I AM A WOMAN" - realise it's a crock of shyte ?

She must understand basic economics ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭Wallet Inspector

rightmove wrote: »
    A good few years back 'class' was the main word and it was much closer to the issues at hand
    Can't be emphasised enough. Middle-class and rich folk in ivory towers have no business telling a poor white person in Ohio or a poor black person in South Carolina what to think.

(I'm a sheltered middle-class person myself).

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Mohammed, Elvis, Page. Jerry Lee Lewis? Bowie. Polanski?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

Can we put cancel culture on this list?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭greencap

are these people we want to cancel or have been cancelled?

how does this work?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,025 ✭✭✭silliussoddius

The Beatles, Dixie Chicks, Janet Jacksons nipple

• Registered Users Posts: 10,300 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Old TV comedies

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,410 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Threads merged

• Registered Users Posts: 1,734 ✭✭✭lalababa

What did Bowie do? Haven't heard...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,504 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

the culture - religion of WOKE will never create anything like a vaccination , a great invention , a great company which employs thousands of people

it only creates false perceptions , envy , spite , grievance , unwarranted guilt and the only ones who get rich off it are charlatan hucksters of the most talentless variety

• Registered Users Posts: 20,983 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Dr. Bre wrote: »

That makes sense in international sport and gaa internal funding but not for government grants to women’s gaa

• Registered Users Posts: 20,983 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

lalababa wrote: »

I don’t know , but I do know Bowie and most of the 70s rock stars were paedophiles if you go by today’s law. They weren’t paedos then , but they would be now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Biker79

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    the culture - religion of WOKE will never create anything like a vaccination , a great invention , a great company which employs thousands of people

it only creates false perceptions , envy , spite , grievance , unwarranted guilt and the only ones who get rich off it are charlatan hucksters of the most talentless variety

They don't even create good Art. I could forgive them on that at least.

Nobody successful or useful is Woke.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

lalababa wrote: »

Meant to have slept with a 14 year old.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Everything is racist, including white people eating meat.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭BadBannana

This girl is clearly trolling.

Please go touch some grass and talk to real humans.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,334 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

YFlyer wrote: »
    Mohammed, Elvis, Page. Jerry Lee Lewis? Bowie. Polanski?

What did Bowie do?

EDIT - never mind, just seen. (Although most people "cancel" people who have been accused of pedophilia, to be fair.)
    AllForIt wrote: »
    Everything is racist, including white people eating meat.

I only eat black meat to compensate for this. The fact that I can't cook for **** is just a coincidence.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,705 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

That makes sense in international sport and gaa internal funding but not for government grants to women’s gaa

How many men play GAA compared to women ?
    What was the average grant per player as thats the main thing to look at not the overall amount.

Mens GAA also generates more revenue both direct and indirect for the Government so thats also a factor as to why it may get a higher grant award.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Sadler Peak

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

The gaa and camogie association are fully different organisations.

GAA comprises male gaelic football, female too under lgfa, and and then hurling.

A load of comogie clubs are within a gaa club using their grounds and facilities, as well as the large stadiums for important matches.

It can't be simplified as men get this vs women get less, expecially when there women in the gaa and even outside those outside it benefit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭EddieN75

https://www.esquire.com/entertainment/movies/a34585204/lashana-lynch-new-007-james-bond-no-time-to-die/

Whatever happened to this?

Quick scan through the article says anyone who wasn't onboard with a black female 007 is a "far right racist" and a "sickening troll"

"We've seen similar backlash in other properties to other actors who are not straight white men"

"Though nothing had been confirmed, far right toxic fans complained that a Black woman had been given the title of 007, which had previously only been used by white men"

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Varik wrote: »
    GAA comprises male gaelic football, female too under lgfa, and and then hurling.

AFAIK LGFA is on its own and only uses GAA facilities.

I don't see an issue with Doctor Who being female, as the character is a shapeshifter.

Ghostbusters remade as all female - cringey pandering which you couldn't pay me to watch, but still, not illogical.

Black James Bond - fine by me at this stage since the original stories with him as a white man are long done.

But a female James Bond - just no.

I don't see an issue with Doctor Who being female, as the character is a shapeshifter.

Ghostbusters remade as all female - cringey pandering which you couldn't pay me to watch, but still, not illogical.

Black James Bond - fine by me at this stage since the original stories with him as a white man are long done.

Its a female 007 not a female Bond in the new film.
    Bond will never be a woman.

I wouldn't have a problem with a female 007 if the character was in some way realistic but most of these female heroines are Mary Sue's.
    120lb women wearing high heels beating the daylights out of 220lb men without barely a scratch, I'm not buying that.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

But it would be agent 007 not James Bond

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭tigger123

Its a female 007 not a female Bond in the new film.
    Bond will never be a woman.

I wouldn't have a problem with a female 007 if the character was in some way realistic but most of these female heroines are Mary Sue's.
    120lb women wearing high heels beating the daylights out of 220lb men without barely a scratch, I'm not buying that.

Roger Moore was 51 years of age when he was wheezing his way around Moonraker. I find that pretty hard to buy tbh.

Not sure what weight Katie Taylor is, but I'd wager she'd beat the sh*te out of a lot blokes I know.

tigger123 wrote: »
    Roger Moore was 51 years of age when he was wheezing his way around Moonraker. I find that pretty hard to buy tbh.

He was 57 when he finished up with A View to a Kill.
    He had wanted to finish up his run as Bond much earlier as he felt he was too old but the producers kept asking him to return.
    He was almost twice the age of his female co star (Tanya Roberts) in A View to a Kill.
    Carole Bouquet was only 24 in For Your Eyes Only, Moore was 53 !
    It became a running joke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭EddieN75

tigger123 wrote: »

Not sure what weight Katie Taylor is, but I'd wager she'd beat the sh*te out of a lot blokes I know.

Maybe it will be as successful as female Ghostbusters. I think about 27 people went to see that movie. 9 of which left after 39 mins

• Advertisement

EddieN75 wrote: »
    female Ghostbusters. I think about 27 people went to see that movie. 9 of which left after 39 mins
    Woke - broke.

007 is synonymous with Bond.

008 or 009 or whoever being a female secret agent though - I don't see an issue with that idea, but I can only imagine the cringey way it'd be handled.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement