Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wokeism of the day *Revised Mod Note in OP and threadbanned users*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭brownej

TomSweeney wrote: »
    Or jealous that she doesn't stand out enough as an ATHLETE to be in the photo ?

That must be it! The athletes in the photo are so recognisable as to not even warrant being named in the caption.
    Caption just contains a reference to a wardrobe malfunction which is either creepy/cringey or they have so little faith in their own product that they expect it to malfunction.
    No mention of the athletes ability or discipline or even how their product helps the athlete to compete.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,162 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

WIth a sporting theme in mind, not sure they went far enough though, Lions are cultural appropriation and reek of British imperialism, they should change it to 3 squirrels preferably trans

https://twitter.com/EnglandFootball/status/1390260670789259273

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 12,872 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

Sheeps wrote: »

Imagine calling a transgender person anti-trans. The mind boggles.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭MayoSalmon

Rothko wrote: »
    Imagine calling a transgender person anti-trans. The mind boggles.

Think Black people and Uncle Tom..same kind of rationale going on...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,430 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

silverharp wrote: »
    WIth a sporting theme in mind, not sure they went far enough though, Lions are cultural appropriation and reek of British imperialism, they should change it to 3 squirrels preferably trans

https://twitter.com/EnglandFootball/status/1390260670789259273

This seems to be a new overarching brand for football in England, 'England Football tm'

https://www.thefa.com/news/2021/may/04/england-football-unveiled-20210504
    Mark Bullingham, Chief Executive of The FA, said: “This is a significant change as we unite all our grassroots initiatives and programmes under one banner. England Football will harness the unique ability of the England teams to inspire future generations and positively impact participation at all levels of the game"

England Football complements the role of The FA as the not-for-profit governing body of football in England. The FA continues to oversee all England international teams, across men’s, women’s, youth and disability football, as well as running FA Competitions...

https://twitter.com/EnglandFootball/status/1390273510761762816

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭Real Donald Trump

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭FileNotFound

:pac:

That was a great watch.
    Top Post. Had a good laugh.

I am actually all for being as polite and correct as possible. But at the same time going mad because someone uses a default term without intending insult means your batsh1t crazy altogether.

Interesting to see CJ saying trans should not be able to compete in women's sports.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,841 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

If you just listen to the first one it’s basically a South Park skit.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Elmo wrote: »
    not non-binary is that just binary :pac: Any way that ant isn't aren't an ant it's they're ..... an uncle :D
    All wingless ants are female.

The only male ants are the drones which come from unfertilized eggs.

Their only purpose is to attempt to mate with a queen on the day they leave the nest for the first time. They'll be dead shortly afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭99nsr125

Quazzie wrote: »
    Megan Rapinoe is the sole cause of all this, and it isn't even her fault. In the US the female Soccer team makes just as much if not more than the male soccer team. And therefore in the US there is a very valid argument to be made about the female soccer stars getting equal pay with their male counterparts.

Yeah rubbish

They have actually better terms, the men are more popular and don't get beaten by a bunch of 14 year olds like the women.

She's just disgruntled that they are crap and is too immature to accept it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,293 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I saw the Stone Roses live a few years back and for years i always thought 'The only one i know' was a Roses song but its not and The Charlatans wrote and performed it. Killer tune

For a place its size Manchester is the home of so many legendary bands/artists

• Registered Users Posts: 13,964 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

So now arse size is a race issue.

And cracker is not a racial term.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,333 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

PAWGs are racist? Or the trem is racist? Why isn't it sexist? What the **** is fetishist anyway? Nothing wrong with people enjoying a bit of tie-up every now and again!

(We are talking "Phat Ass White Girls", right?)

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Now speaking good grammar is racist and classist:

From 10:15 onwards. It says:

"People are coming to understand that fixed rules of grammar are racist and classist constructs laid upon an ever changing system."

The Huff Post article they reference is from 2018: https://www.huffpost.com/entry/opinion-proper-english-grammar-racism_n_5ba91ec9e4b069d5f9d549cd

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭Cordell

So bad grammar is actually diverse grammar.
    We already knew that.

quickbeam wrote: »

"People are coming to understand that fixed rules of grammar are racist and classist constructs laid upon an ever changing system."

The Huff Post article they reference is from 2018: https://www.huffpost.com/entry/opinion-proper-english-grammar-racism_n_5ba91ec9e4b069d5f9d549cd

when she said "adulting" earlier, I was tempted to find out how I could join ISIS :pac:

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

quickbeam wrote: »

Would explain the term "grammar Nazi" to be fair...

Can someone explain something to me ?

I don't have any black friends - I don't have that many friends full stop, but they're all white. Admittedly two are from the UK and one from Offaly so cosmopolitan enough.....

But it's not deliberate - I haven't met black people and thought "I'm not being your friend, you're black" - that would be abhorrent. It just is what it is.

Why then are the cast of Friends racist for being "a lilywhite group" ? Two of them are related for one thing, of course they'd be the same race.

Many years ago my dad was friends with someone from India - several people he knew stopped inviting him out if he'd bring the "****" (a word I won't use). That's vile and racist and should be called out.

A group having a person of colour adding purely for their colour is tokenism and not right.

Why don't you ask Emma Dabiri when you go to that work thing?

https://twitter.com/Iromg/status/1391491857687928834

What do we do here if this comes to Ireland... St. Patrick was a slave after all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

https://twitter.com/Iromg/status/1391491857687928834

What do we do here if this comes to Ireland... St. Patrick was a slave after all

Never mind that, bulldoze the pyramids.

she got ratioed hard on this one, these designs are generally used to deter homeless people

https://twitter.com/CloHiggins/status/1391083611860967426

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Omackeral wrote: »
    Never mind that, bulldoze the pyramids.
    Weren't built by slaves, so they're safe. Though as many get their history, sorry herstory/hxstory from Hollywood maybe not.

Slavery is an interesting one, at least by omission. It's all about the North Atlantic slave trade, which while a stain on humanity's character didn't last very long in the scheme of things and was ended by the same cultures who initiated it. Slavery before and after elsewhere barely gets any mention at all.
    she got ratioed hard on this one, these designs are generally used to deter homeless people

Man the dumb is strong in that suggestion. Though you also have the equally daft on 't'other side wittering on about "hostile architecture". :D

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Wibbs wrote: »

Man the dumb is strong in that suggestion. Though you also have the equally daft on 't'other side wittering on about "hostile architecture". :D

"hostile architecture" thats a new term for me :D it seems to be a go-to term alright

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 415 ✭✭johnmck

You may identify as such, but that doesn't mean I have to be compelled to facilitate your fantasies!

So you want to talk about fantasies now !

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 415 ✭✭johnmck

Can someone explain something to me ?

I don't have any black friends - I don't have that many friends full stop, but they're all white. Admittedly two are from the UK and one from Offaly so cosmopolitan enough.....

But it's not deliberate - I haven't met black people and thought "I'm not being your friend, you're black" - that would be abhorrent. It just is what it is.

Why then are the cast of Friends racist for being "a lilywhite group" ? Two of them are related for one thing, of course they'd be the same race.

Many years ago my dad was friends with someone from India - several people he knew stopped inviting him out if he'd bring the "****" (a word I won't use). That's vile and racist and should be called out.

A group having a person of colour adding purely for their colour is tokenism and not right.

I've 2 ex friends who deliberately went out if their way to get a person of colour as a housemate. Rejected all white people. Left me to look after her at their wedding. Had to ditch said person of colour when she assumed the drunker she got that I would sleep with her!

Also same 2 ex friends told me I was racist because I wouldn't check my white privilege.

johnmck wrote: »
    I've 2 ex friends who deliberately went out if their way to get a person of colour as a housemate. Rejected all white people. Left me to look after her at their wedding. Had to ditch said person of colour when she assumed the drunker she got that I would sleep with her!

Also same 2 ex friends told me I was racist because I wouldn't check my white privilege.

Should have taken one for the team there, tbh. or given one...
    "hostile architecture" thats a new term for me :D it seems to be a go-to term alright
    Hostile architecture is an actual thing though, its mad what expense they'll go to to deter homeless people from taking up space...

It's like blocking off laybys with boulders to stop travellers setting up camp there, I suppose. But that's a different argument....

What's wrong with either end of the bench?

I gotta say if that's the kind of discrimination people in wheelchairs are now facing then I think we can tick them off the box as taken care of. Christ.:rolleyes:

I think the whole idea is 'hostile architecture', designed to be portrayed as inclusive/ progressive/ woke. It doesn't even work if it's used as its 'meant' to be

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,819 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

they are designed for people who use walkers, i think the cartoon drawing of the guy in the wheelchair using the bench (which I can't find a source for) is just a mistaken add-on https://www.fr.velopa.be/gamme-de-produits/mobilier-urbain/bancs-pour-seniors/vivanti-banc-pour-seniors-avec-dossier-1-plus-d%C3%A9ambulateur-plus-1-places-bois/

E1CsQl4XIAA-T9X?format=png&name=360x360

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement