Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wokeism of the day *Revised Mod Note in OP and threadbanned users*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

No, but they should be ridiculed.

Absolutely. It's a very ridiculous book.

But no book should be banned

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭Mike Murdock

There is also an Academic Journal called Fat Studies. Which of course has nothing to do with being healthy.

https://www.tandfonline.com/toc/ufts20/10/1?nav=tocList

TomSweeney wrote: »
    Saw this appaling trash in an english bookshop here in Barcelona

554535.jpg

I had a look, my God ... some points :
    "Race should never be ignored in favour of the person's character , RACE is one of the most important things, you need to acknowledge POC skintone"

Imagine buying that for a kid believing it was actually a good Anti racist thing - it's divisive race baiting nonsense.

The bookshop is very left leaning - they don't stock Jordan Peterson or Douglas Murray - they refuse :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:... another great books included there :

Kendi is a disgrace. A race grifter "academic" of the worst order. Charges corporates $20k a pop to tell their employees that they are racist.

"Race should never be ignored in favour of the person's character , RACE is one of the most important things, you need to acknowledge POC skintone"

Martin Luther King would be spinning in his grave.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,976 ✭✭✭Cordell

How dare you assume what a POC hero would think?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,367 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

Cordell wrote: »
    How dare you assume what a POC hero would think?

and pronouns, double plus bad

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,788 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

What does acknowledge POC skintone mean? Do you have to acknowledge it out loud like 'hello blackman/woman/person' or 'hello person with a dark/light skintone'?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭WrenBoy

BattleCorp wrote: »
    What does acknowledge POC skintone mean? Do you have to acknowledge it out loud like 'hello blackman/woman/person' or 'hello person with a dark/light skintone'?

Its just a way to dismiss individuality. Politicising everyone, anytime a white person and a black person have an interaction its now some bizarre inter racial interaction as opposed to just 2 people doing whatever. Its really weird and regressive imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,434 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Not sure, but I kind of got the impression it was either that skin tone should be taken into account (which makes them sound like the "special" kids in a summercamp) or that skintone is more important than character (in which case Martin Luther King would like a word).

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,229 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

WrenBoy wrote: »
    Its just a way to dismiss individuality. Politicising everyone, anytime a white person and a black person have an interaction its now some bizarre inter racial interaction as opposed to just 2 people doing whatever. Its really weird and regressive imo.

And the sad thing is , kids are completely colourblind, the very definition of non racism, the only way kids are racist is if it is taught to them.
    The issue of the colour of anyone's skin should be as irrelevant as the colour of their eyes ... or their hair.
    People are people judge them on their character, this book teaches them the opposite, very dangerous stuff.

The irony is I would imagine (hope) that the vast majority of people that would buy this would so on good intentions and actually believe it is a traditional MLK style anti racism narrative.

And the sad thing is , kids are completely colourblind, the very definition of non racism, the only way kids are racist is if it is taught to them.

A short story to reinforce your point about kids being colourblind.

A good few years ago I was in a friend's house. Her kid (maybe 9 or 10 years old) came in after playing football with one of his friends who is black. I asked him who he was playing with and he said Tyrese.

I asked him which kid was Tyrese and he said he was the "lad that's really good at football. And he can stick a pencil in his hair and do this (shakes head vigorously) and the pencil won't fall out. Really cool".

It would have been easier for him to say he's the black kid but that description didn't even enter his head.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,508 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Prince Philip is trending on Twitter, I hope he's all right...

https://twitter.com/tomhfh/status/1399307723276271616

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭Cyclonius

554535.jpg

I had a look, my God ... some points :

Imagine buying that for a kid believing it was actually a good Anti racist thing - it's divisive race baiting nonsense.

At times I almost genuinely wonder if some of these people and organisations have subcontracted the KKK as ghostwriters on these sorts of material. How can these people not comprehend how racist some of this material really is.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,449 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Kendi is a disgrace. A race grifter "academic" of the worst order. Charges corporates $20k a pop to tell their employees that they are racist.

If somebody walked into my workplace and accused, intimated or suggested that I could be or would be a racist, or that people of different races should get preference for promotions, shifts etc.. that employer and that individual would want to have deep pockets... by the time I’d have finished with them they’d be scared to open their mouth asking for directions to the bathroom even ...

Strumms wrote: »
    If somebody walked into my workplace and accused, intimated or suggested that I could be or would be a racist, or that people of different races should get preference for promotions, shifts etc.. that employer and that individual would want to have deep pockets... by the time I’d have finished with them they’d be scared to open their mouth asking for directions to the bathroom even ...

Ooohhh, you're 'ard.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,367 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

554535.jpg

I would love too see the demographic breakdown of the people who would buy that book for their kids. My own hunch is that it would be mostly white women who would buy it, particularly single mothers. I'm picturing the mother in the film "About a Boy" for example.

I can't imagine too many black or Asian parents rotting their kids brains with that cr*p.

Also - is the baby doing a black power salute? While adorable, this is also worrying how these types of things are accepted without any questions being asked.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Also - is the baby doing a black power salute?

I’ll take “things I thought I’d never read on boards” for 300 please, Alex.

A short story to reinforce your point about kids being colourblind.

A good few years ago I was in a friend's house. Her kid (maybe 9 or 10 years old) came in after playing football with one of his friends who is black. I asked him who he was playing with and he said Tyrese.

I asked him which kid was Tyrese and he said he was the "lad that's really good at football. And he can stick a pencil in his hair and do this (shakes head vigorously) and the pencil won't fall out. Really cool".

It would have been easier for him to say he's the black kid but that description didn't even enter his head.

Exactly, I have an almost carbon copy of a story, in my 9 year olds class there is 2 boys called "Frank", one Frank is black and he was telling me a story about Frank and I asked which Frank, the black lad ? and he just gave me the 2nd name and asked me "Dad why do you use his colour to ID him ? - Do I say my dad who sniffs books to identify you"? :D

Yeah I like to sniff books ...

I would love too see the demographic breakdown of the people who would buy that book for their kids. My own hunch is that it would be mostly white women who would buy it, particularly single mothers. I'm picturing the mother in the film "About a Boy" for example.

I can't imagine too many black or Asian parents rotting their kids brains with that cr*p.

Also - is the baby doing a black power salute? While adorable, this is also worrying how these types of things are accepted without any questions being asked.

Questions are asked of Kendi, but he refuses to engage in any debates about the topic, even with Black Academics that disagree with him. He has even called fellow black academics racist for even questioning him!

A good discussion here on Kendi by academics Glenn Loury & John McWhorter.

Questions are asked of Kendi, but he refuses to engage in any debates about the topic, even with Black Academics that disagree with him. He has even called fellow black academics racist for even questioning him!

A good discussion here on Kendi by academics Glenn Loury & John McWhorter.

Glenn Loury is a smart man, I like him, Dave Rubin did a good interview with him there recently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭OneLungDavy

Glenn Loury is a smart man, I like him, Dave Rubin did a good interview with him there recently.

Coleman Hughes also challenged him to a debate many times, even offering any profits to charity. The man is a cultist shill.

Coleman Hughes also challenged him to a debate many times, even offering any profits to charity. The man is a cultist shill.

Dorsey gave Kendi's Centre $10 million? Jesus Christ....
    He may as well have taken that money out in front of Twitter's HQ and set it on fire for all the good that will do.

Prince Philip is trending on Twitter, I hope he's all right...

https://twitter.com/tomhfh/status/1399307723276271616
    However despite the seemingly innocuous content, staff reacted with fury because of the duke’s “historical racism”.

Yet not enough fury to overcome their hypocrisy, otherwise they would have quit this racist patronaged place long time ago.

Dorsey gave Kendi's Centre $10 million? Jesus Christ....
    He may as well have taken that money out in front of Twitter's HQ and set it on fire for all the good that will do.

Burning $10 million in front of Twitter's HQ might be better for society than giving it to Kendi to spread his ideology.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,508 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Wow Fair play to the BBC making fun of the nonsense ... they are usually all in on it ..

• Registered Users Posts: 33,637 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Wow Fair play to the BBC making fun of the nonsense ... they are usually all in on it ..

But that clip isn't making fun of 'the nonsense'.

If anything, its agreeing with it. The girl who wants her hair in dreadlocks is being ridiculed.

NIMAN wrote: »
    The girl who wants her hair in dreadlocks is being ridiculed.

She's also refused service by a black person simply because she's white.

A white person should not have dreadlocks that much is clear, but it's not up for the hairdresser to decide.

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭rightmove

Cordell wrote: »
    She's also refused service by a black person simply because she's white.

A white person should not have dreadlocks that much is clear, but it's not up for the hairdresser to decide.

I know a bakery in belfast we can ask to do a nice cake for that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭WrenBoy

One comment was "But Anne Boleyn though.." :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement