Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wokeism of the day *Revised Mod Note in OP and threadbanned users*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭Salvation Tambourine

I'm not a fan of the likes of Nish Kumar but at least he tries to make a joke when displaying his political views.

This is just nothing.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,815 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Cordell wrote: »
    A white person should not have dreadlocks that much is clear
    That reminds me, as a white man, I need to stop ordering delicious Chinese food. They must hate it when white people appropriate their oriental cuisine.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,498 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

She's also refused service by a black person simply because she's white.

A white person should not have dreadlocks that much is clear, but it's not up for the hairdresser to decide.

Why not?

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭rightmove

NIMAN wrote: »
    Why not?
    well the bakery in belfast can decide also ........or is it more woke antilogic????

WrenBoy wrote: »
    One comment was "But Anne Boleyn though.." :pac:
    I totally disagree with a black woman playing white anne Boleyn. Only dead people should be allowed play dead people. The actress is clearly alive

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

But that clip isn't making fun of 'the nonsense'.

If anything, its agreeing with it. The girl who wants her hair in dreadlocks is being ridiculed.

I think the ridiculing is more on the couple in the salon who are kicking her out ... they look the more insane here.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭Cordell

Why not?

Because it looks stupid, that's why :P
    Of course, anyone should be free to look stupid if they want to.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,498 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

TomSweeney wrote: »
    I think the ridiculing is more on the couple in the salon who are kicking her out ... they look the more insane here.

Disagree.

The clip is making the customer come across as thick, no idea about different races etc. Like a dumb blonde character.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,815 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Because it looks stupid, that's why :P
    Of course, anyone should be free to look stupid if they want to.
    Need a quick woke rule check here... does this apply to black albinos with dreads or nah?

Actually let's upgrade the rule as "dreadlocks look stupid on anyone and everyone" and make everyone happy.
    Everyone is happy now, right?

Why is he proud of being born with a genetic disorder?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Spain's postal service attempt at being woke doesn't go according to plan. Them right serves.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/may/28/spains-postal-service-accused-of-racism-over-flesh-toned-stamps

• Registered Users Posts: 12,872 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

Disagree.

The clip is making the customer come across as thick, no idea about different races etc. Like a dumb blonde character.

I think it's making fun of both.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭FileNotFound

AllForIt wrote: »
    Spain's postal service attempt at being woke doesn't go according to plan. Them right serves.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/may/28/spains-postal-service-accused-of-racism-over-flesh-toned-stamps

I love how when they do something to show the inequality they are wrong.

Sure no winning these days, God help the kids they'll need phd's just to know if they can speak in public.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-57326790

Fantastic news , let's hope other states and the world follows.

No surprise who the woke crowd support here, they want biological men to be able to compete in combat sports where they can beat the living **** out of biological women - you could not write it.

https://twitter.com/CarlosGSmith/status/1399927993955491842?s=20

I see this lad is against it ... all you need to see is ..

Mask in his profile pic.
    Pronouns in bio.

Yep!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭randd1

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-57326790

Fantastic news , let's hope other states and the world follows.

No surprise who the woke crowd support here, they want biological men to be able to compete in combat sports where they can beat the living **** out of biological women - you could not write it.

https://twitter.com/CarlosGSmith/status/1399927993955491842?s=20

I see this lad is against it ... all you need to see is ..

Mask in his profile pic.
    Pronouns in bio.

Yep!
    That's just common sense.

Also, why not just create trans games where trans people can participate in? Would that not be a better idea for everyone, and avoid the whole problem in the first place?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭randd1

I love how when they do something to show the inequality they are wrong.

Sure no winning these days, God help the kids they'll need phd's just to know if they can speak in public.

Sure everything is racist these days. Or rather, offence is everywhere. Especially if you look for it.

randd1 wrote: »
    That's just common sense.

Also, why not just create trans games where trans people can participate in? Would that not be a better idea for everyone, and avoid the whole problem in the first place?

Their argument would be that is still "othering" them, I have the deepest sympathies for someone that feels they were born in the wrong bodies , I really do, and would always refer to them as whatever they want to be , but facts are facts and you can't give people such an advantage in sports.

Take tennis a sport I know a bit about at least, no.1 WTA would be roughly 800/700 in the ATP.

Check how much money a top 700 ATP player makes (not a lot)

How long before some lad decides to transition and from making minimum wage in shiity challenger ATPs , goes on to win 30 grand slams playing as a woman.

Great to see the google doodle finally celebrating Burt Reynolds today

randd1 wrote: »
    Sure everything is racist these days. Or rather, offence is everywhere. Especially if you look for it.

I find that offensive

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-57317225

Ticks all the woke boxes ....

And then Greta turns up, vomit inducing drivel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭RubyGlee

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-57317225

Ticks all the woke boxes ....

And then Greta turns up, vomit inducing drivel.

What’s the woke part? The picture with Greta?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,333 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

RubyGlee wrote: »
    What’s the woke part? The picture with Greta?

Getting shot for going to school as a girl is woke now, apparently.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,726 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

I think she is a much more interesting individual than is usually featured in Vogue. Not really seeing the wokeness either.

Nah. That's not woke. Her story is interesting and important.

The reporting of her story is largely framed in a woke way.

That isn't her fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,157 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-57342967

"Right, we need a head strategist for diversity."
    "How about this guy?"
    "I dunno, should probably be a woman."
    "But he's black."
    "Oh well then that's grand. Short day today. Good job everyone."
    "Should we maybe do a cursory background check of stuff that he's publicly posted in the past? Like use the main product our company makes and everyone has access to in their pockets?"
    "Nah."

• Registered Users Posts: 33,333 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

"How about this guy?"
    "But he's black."
    "Should we maybe do a cursory background check of stuff that he's publicly posted in the past? Like use the main product our company makes and everyone has access to in their pockets?"
    "Nah."

That's like a Waterford Whispets News headline!

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

Probably the safest bet for chief diversity officers are white straight males with a successful real career, as they've been scared shless to say anything that can be seen as offensive for the past 20 or so years. Good luck finding one willing to take over diversity bullcrap though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,157 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

"How about this guy?"
    "But he's black."
    "Nah."

damn, if only they had a way of checking online content of individuals they want to hire, man who ever had that tool would be rich

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,430 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement