Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wokeism of the day *Revised Mod Note in OP and threadbanned users*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,157 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Being fat is usually down to the person not being arsed eating right or keeping fit, sure there can be many reasons for it, but there is no reason to blanket support bad health.

Might as well just scrap all health initiatives.

12 months ago I would have agreed with you...

I had ballooned up, was always hungry, tired and hangry...Dr told me exercise more and eat less...I was doing all that, tracking my food with chronometer and on the bike(indoor on zwift), had dropped the weight in the past and kept it fairly stable...but a bit older found it impossible...

So I read a few bits online about keto and tired it...the weight melted off and hunger is something I don't experience anymore. Yesterday I had big bowl of chili, cheese & eggs and a homemade keto cookies and that was it...

Have since read "Case for Keto"...many doctors and endocrinologist believe obesity is a hormone and/,or mental illness

• Registered Users Posts: 33,333 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

c.p.w.g.w wrote: »

Have since read "Case for Keto"...many doctors and endocrinologist believe obesity is a hormone and/,or mental illness

The problem is that it can be caused by mental illness. Depression leads to comfort eating leads to weight gain, whilst also reducing the desire to go outside and exercise. If you don't treat the depression, diets are a waste of time and just lead to deeper depression.

And that's before we get to talk about genetics and differences in bodily metabolisms.

The idea that every obesity case is down to poor lifestyle choice is up there with creationism and flat earth theory in terms of "I couldn't care less about the science, I'm just going to believe this!"

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

The problem is that it can be caused by mental illness. Depression leads to comfort eating leads to weight gain, whilst also reducing the desire to go outside and exercise. If you don't treat the depression, diets are a waste of time and just lead to deeper depression.

And that's before we get to talk about genetics and differences in bodily metabolisms.

The idea that every obesity case is down to poor lifestyle choice is up there with creationism and flat earth theory in terms of "I couldn't care less about the science, I'm just going to believe this!"

There is a number of small studies, where removing processed foods from diet improved some mental health issues...but of course that's not all the case for all

Nor saying that keto works for everyone, but it is certainly better than the typical western diet... diabetes and obesity and through the roof

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,430 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

Some anti-woke-isms:
    #AntiWoke

Quotation-Matthew-McConaughey-Life-is-not-fair-it-never-was-and-it-is-137-65-35.jpg

quote-when-you-tear-out-a-man-s-tongue-you-are-not-proving-him-a-liar-you-re-only-telling-george-r-r-martin-46-91-90.jpg

281f52aeab30d34dd2fe39878e4b8457.jpg

quote-you-don-t-want-to-be-so-open-minded-that-your-brains-fall-out-gilbert-k-chesterton-138-40-34.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,773 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

jaxxx wrote: »
    quote-you-don-t-want-to-be-so-open-minded-that-your-brains-fall-out-gilbert-k-chesterton-138-40-34.jpg

I think that quote is brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,723 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭Purple is a Fruit

silverharp wrote: »
    Nobody sane could think that's OK. Nobody.

Some may not admit what it is (borderline fascist) but they know exactly what it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,504 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

agree with this , some people can get away with eating like a horse , Im one of them though the painkillers i now take for chronic pain have made me hungry a lot more and ive put on about two stone since summer of 2019 , heaviest ive ever been , im circa 15 stone 3

• Registered Users Posts: 23,657 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/england-more-determined-ever-continue-20749961
    Gareth Southgate says the booing of the knee at the Riverside has made England even more determined to continue with the gesture throughout this summer's European Championships.

Some fans booed the gesture ahead of the Austria game on Wednesday, before the boos were drowned out by applause.

Southgate met a group of his players to discuss the reaction, before having a discussion with his full squad on Saturday ahead of the Romania game on Sunday evening.
    https://www.eurosport.com/football/euro-2020/2021/football-news-england-fans-boo-players-for-taking-knee-yet-again-ahead-of-romania-friendly-for-euro-_sto8360319/story.shtml
    EURO 2020 - ENGLAND FANS BOO PLAYERS AGAIN FOR TAKING KNEE AHEAD OF ROMANIA FRIENDLY AT RIVERSIDE STADIUM

https://news.sky.com/story/hartlepools-monkey-statue-to-be-given-explanatory-sign-to-avoid-offending-visitors-12327668

Hartlepool's monkey statue to be given 'explanatory sign' to avoid offending visitors

Following the Black Lives Matter protests and scrutiny over statues, the council wants to explain the legend of the monkey

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭ingalway

Please make sure to use the correct terms.
    French and Saunders were way ahead of the game with 'front bottom' and 'back bottom'

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Sadler Peak

ingalway wrote: »
    French and Saunders were way ahead of the game with 'front bottom' and 'back bottom'

People who sprout this nonsense should be laughed at along with those who support it.

Women need to see that they are getting erased by men. Women's prisons, women's sports, women's shelter's.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭randd1

People who sprout this nonsense should be laughed at along with those who support it.

Women need to see that they are getting erased by men. Women's prisons, women's sports, women's shelter's.
    Actually, it's mostly women doing the erasing.

Women are front and centre on everything from white privilege to gender pronouns to toxic masculinity compared to men, especially in the mainstream media.

This erasing of women stems mostly from the sisterhood, not men.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭mohawk

ingalway wrote: »

The front hole is the urethra… at no level does this make sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Tilden Katz

randd1 wrote: »
    Actually, it's mostly women doing the erasing.

Women are front and centre on everything from white privilege to gender pronouns to toxic masculinity compared to men, especially in the mainstream media.

This erasing of women stems mostly from the sisterhood, not men.

No, not in this case. There are some women in support of males accessing female spaces but the most vocal on this topic are men, who have absolutely nothing to lose. It's an easy thing for them to support to gain progressive kudos as it comes at no cost to them. I've been following all this on social media for quite some time. Men are at the forefront of admonishing anyone who objects to this erosion of women's rights. It's revealed to me how many supposedly progressive men are actually deeply resentful of women and happy to see their rights eroded. It's been eye-opening.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,982 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

No, not in this case. There are some women in support of males accessing female spaces but the most vocal on this topic are men, who have absolutely nothing to lose. It's an easy thing for them to support to gain progressive kudos as it comes at no cost to them. I've been following all this on social media for quite some time. Men are at the forefront of admonishing anyone who objects to this erosion of women's rights. It's revealed to me how many supposedly progressive men are actually deeply resentful of women and happy to see their rights eroded. It's been eye-opening.

graham linehan has lost quite a bit :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,982 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

mohawk wrote: »

the idea of comedy is to appear not to make sense

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭ingalway

A great day, especially for women. Biological Sex recognized as a protected characteristic by the UK High Court.
    https://grahamlinehan.substack.com/p/maya-forstater-the-heroine-we-need?r=1nhrr&utm_campaign=post&utm_medium=email&utm_source=copy

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Tilden Katz

graham linehan has lost quite a bit :)

Sadly, yeah. He's on the other side of the debate though. But he seems to have lost his marbles a bit which is sad to see.

I like that , my first thought was i'd buy it cos its ironically funny, but Im guessing thats not the intended market

• Advertisement

mohawk wrote: »

They're referring to female anatomy.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement