Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wokeism of the day *Revised Mod Note in OP and threadbanned users*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Osborne

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

Omackeral wrote: »
    Actually, I think you'll find it's womxn now.

Over my dead adult female human body!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Osborne wrote: »

Janet sounds like the sort of woke womxn who has never had the misfortune of having to deal with the shatters on a regular basis, or live near a trouble free picturesque shatter camp:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

So does she refer to our former minister for justice as Alan Knacker?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,144 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Gervais08 wrote: »
    Jesus ****ing wept ...!!
    I didn't even click it. These days I see twitter and think, oh boy, heeeeere we go... I rarely bother.

The Interwebs and social media potentially gives a platform to all with a connection and that's great, but it also gives a platform to the clubs of oddballs, the unhinged, the naive, the neurotic, the dangerous, the thick, the zealots, and the shysters that we wouldn't otherwise have to deal with very often. What is common to that collection of people is they almost never see themselves as members. I take some solace in knowing that I know I'm a thundering gobsh1te and that's fine. :D

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Janet sounds like the sort of woke womxn who has never had the misfortune of having to deal with the shatters on a regular basis, or live near a trouble free picturesque shatter camp:D

No, it's not Ciara Kelly.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,913 ✭✭✭Cordell

What about stop calling SUVs Jeeps? I mean, jeep, jeepsy, it's definitely loaded.
    Also, it assumes a particular carmaker, which takes away from their identities.

The little tagline under her name nearly had my eyes roll out of my head

“Omninerd, infovore, AntiFascist, GenX, White/cis/bi/sí/í. If I can't have My Reproductive Rights then it's not My Revolution.”

“Infovore”...won’t be long now before her head travels so far up her own arse that she collapses in on herself like a neutron star

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

The middle class awfulness of yer one is a sight to behold!
    When there is less and less actual racism, every performative dope will declare it everywhere.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,144 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

I've read and heard the Infovore* tag before and I found in every single case the only information the tag bearer was interested in was that which agreed with their already fully formed worldview. Dogmavore might be the better descriptor as dogma never reads much beyond its official catechism. To do so is heresy.

*mad into consuming information.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

biko wrote: »

Asians have always been seen as Uncle Toms by race grifters, what with their proclivity for two parent families, getting on in life and woefully low incarceration rates they're little more than collaborators in the systemic oppression of real peoples of colour.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Bambi wrote: »
    Asians have always been seen as Uncle Toms by race grifters, what with their proclivity for two parent families, getting on in life and woefully low incarceration rates they're little more than collaborators in the systemic oppression of real peoples of colour.

They tend to just get on over here too. Rarely ever hear of Chinese gangs of roaming youths wrecking the gaff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭46 Long

Welcome to 2020, where 'I <3 JK Rowling' is now considered hate speech

34157028-8819877-image-a-22_1602172768004.jpg

46 Long wrote: »
    Welcome to 2020, where 'I <3 JK Rowling' is now considered hate speech

34157028-8819877-image-a-22_1602172768004.jpg

We are ****ed!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,300 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Leftyflip wrote: »
    Ah cis, where these social justice, virtue signalling nutters have taken a totally random term and decided to apply it to every day normal people.

I'm not a "cis man", I'm a man. My wife isn't a "cis woman", she's a woman.

Also, the phrase "uterus holders" or "people with a cervix", since when is woman a dirty word? F*ck off like, stop it with this nonsense.:rolleyes:

Isn't that a bit like saying "I'm not a hetrosexual, I'm straight"?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,177 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

People who think female violence is as dangerous as male violence yet think transwomen are a danger to cis sexed women in sport.

People who think muslims have an issue with terrorism. But if you point out most terrorists white brown christian muslim or whatever are all hetero males they go blank.

They are so woke.

Omackeral wrote: »
    They tend to just get on over here too. Rarely ever hear of Chinese gangs of roaming youths wrecking the gaff.
    yet you would want to see the amount of racial abuse hazel chu gets online.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

We are ****ed!

Just insert Colm Meaney clips here .

I'm a man ( nah it's offensive now )

I'm a male ( nah it's offensive now )

Watching Harry potter tonight (that's now offensive)

People on twitter (nah offensive )

Mumsnet ( offensive)

Elvis Presley (ah jayus )

• Advertisement

Why is it that people think the phrase ..man up is offensive? I think that is daft.

I mean its usually said to someone ..usually male ..who is acting in a childish manner.

Its like saying ..be more like a lady ..when said to a woman. Like be more gracious.

No, I say straight but heterosexual isn’t an insult. Cis is used as a slur.

Cis is used as a slur.
    I dont feel its a slur and i am cis.

I dont feel its a slur and i am cis.

Snoop Dogg doesn’t think the n word is a slur. He’s black.

And it very much is a slur.

You don’t get to decide what is and is not offensive for everyone.

Snoop Dogg doesn’t think the n word is a slur. He’s black.

And it very much is a slur.

You don’t get to decide what is and is not offensive for everyone.
    Who uses it as a slur?

Also i think snoop dog does think the n word is a slur.

I think its a slur not to call me a cis female to be honest. It means people won't know i was born and still identify as female 100%

Who uses it as a slur?

He uses it often enough to make me think he’s ok with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭.anon.

Let's be totally honest about the mindset here... it's like saying "I'm not 'straight', I'm normal".

He uses it often enough to make me think he’s ok with it.
    mm nope ..he says n ending with a ...not er ...diff word

Its even spelt differently. And its in the dictionary. ALthough some think its one and the same word. But black people don't say it ending with er ....even if they don't have an accent using ebonics.

Pretty sure if white people say it ...its not taken too kindly.

I think its a slur not to call me a cis female to be honest. It means people won't know i was born and still identify as female 100%

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/nigga

• Registered Users Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

No, I say straight but heterosexual isn’t an insult. Cis is used as a slur.

I agree and the people who support it usually think they are being "an ally" to the gay community, In fact it does not aid LGBT at all and makes those using the term sound like weirdos to everybody that does not follow this crap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭...Ghost...

Who uses it as a slur?

Ah the youth with time to kill will find woke appealing and post many times

Stay Free

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement