Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wokeism of the day *Revised Mod Note in OP and threadbanned users*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭NattyO

Similarly to the Ashling Murphy case - the initial hysterics about Irish toxic masculinity, and "educate your sons" came to a crashing halt with the arrest of the suspect, and since then, the case has barely merited mention in the media. The reaction to her killing by certain elements of the media were sickening - they were almost celebrating their hatred for Irish men.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,702 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

It didnt stop Dylan Mulvaney from advertising them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Karppi

It'd be an interesting experiment, though. A bit risky. Take care and let us know how you get on 😮

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭Cordell

He's the kind of person who will try sounding with them just to experience girlhood.

If you don't know what sounding means, do yourself a favour and don't search.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,773 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

I got a friend to knit me one. I'll get back to you shortly when I try it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,773 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Gnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Well, it was a struggle but I got it all in. Probably should have used lube, or butter, or something.

Think I'll need a tug o war team or the fire brigade to get it back out. 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 16,920 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Karppi

• Registered Users Posts: 13,964 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Gonna preface this with an allegedly, but this is gold:

Sydney Agudong - a 22-year-old who has Hawaiian ancestry - has been cast as Lilo's older sister, Nani.

But some fans say she is not representative of how Nani was depicted in the 2002 animation, where the character had darker skin, black hair and ethnic features.

One critic of the casting tweeted: "Not being Indigenous or from a PoC community, it may not be easy to see a problem with this casting, but within our communities this is a big issue.

"Nani is Indigenous Hawaiian with strong features and dark skin, this casting is blatant colourism."

And another fan who is from the state wrote: "Listen, she's probably a lovely woman but I can't help but feel disappointed. I wanted Nani to look like me."

Lol. My niece tried to argue that the Little Mermaid is a mermaid and Nani is a character based on real people. I asked her what the real life version of Stich was, reminded her both are cartoons, and it can't be ok one way but not the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭AllForIt

"And another fan who is from the state wrote: "Listen, she's probably a lovely woman but I can't help but feel disappointed. I wanted Nani to look like me."

I'll never get this "I want to see me" on screen. The last thing I want to see is 'me'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,152 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

True, if they make a Genghis Khan film, I dont want it to star Colin Farrell and a bunch of other spud faced chancers.

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

It's actually a ripcord; It expands to its full size when the spring engages.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭realitykeeper

How can we fix it so that young people will be able to buy a house? Simple. Just increase property taxes for houses that were build prior to 2023 and exempt houses that get built from this point forward. Also, exempt first time buyers of pre 2023 houses from the property tax for at least 20 years, (provided they did not make the purchase before 2023).

If the tax on pre 2023 houses was high enough, it would have these effects:

1) It would create a real economic demand for new builds (over existing housing stock). Anyone who can afford a new house will buy one and sell their existing house which will be costing them too much to keep. This will make building new houses far more economically viable as they will fetch a higher price.

2) This increase in sales of existing houses will put serious downward pressure on the price of pre 2023 houses., making them more affordable.

3) It would correct the mistake the governments made in enriching and protecting property owners by re-inflating property prices which were trying to correct themselves in 2009. Re-inflating property prices has cost us all 200 billion euro in borrowed money since the crash of 2008. Natural justice dictates that 200 billion should be repaid by the people who benefitted from it and not by young people who were school children back in 2008. And by raising 200 billion (by taxing pre 2023 properties), the government could bring the national debt back to where it was in 2008, before they did their bank bailouts and market manipulations.

• @BoxcarWilliam99 threadbanned

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

If that was in Ireland it's even stranger...white folk account for 94.7% of the population...if it's about proportional representation then it should still have some white folk...also a few weeks back some empty-head 'journalist/blogger" was on the tonight show whining about politics not being inclusive enough and said Ireland doesn't have anyone of colour in the dail...a-hem Leo is of Indian decent

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭StevenToast

Sky sports leading story this evening is some womens game a very small minority of people are interested in...

The champions league quarter finals where literally millions of people are far more interested in worldwide is pegged down a few rungs of the ladder to make way for this blatant shoehorning wokeism....

Fine, cover the womens game...no problem...but making it top billing tonight is taking the pìss.....

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

BBC had one tonight's women's games... surely it would have made more sense to have it when there wasn't a champions league QF

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Me_Grapes

Yep

Number 1 billing on their website all evening....... not even in their top 10 most trending articles.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,293 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Attendance confirmed at 6,658…. Ballpark mid table league two attendance.

Attendance in Munich for the Munich vs City game was confirmed at 75,000 with millions watching on tv worldwide…

6658 people.. that interest is akin to the attendances at Grimsby Town …but ..

why not just have it Friday night…? I know, wanting to be ‘seen’ to be competing with men’s fixtures.

I think you posted in the wrong forum, and your communism is showing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,503 ✭✭✭Killinator

It's probably just as much about the fact that Sky don't have the rights to the Champions League but do to the WSL, hence pushing one over the other

• Registered Users Posts: 14,702 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Did someone mention Arsenal, Womens Football and Sky ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭CGI_Livia_Soprano
    Holding tyrants to the fire

It should be blatantly obvious to anyone with a shred of media literacy that this is the real reason, but that still doesn’t stop the denizens of boomers.ie from crying about “shoe horning wokeism.”

Let’s not forget that the people crying about Sky Sports’ exploiting their right to post headlines on their website as they please are exactly the same people who blubber about “freedom of speech” and “cancel culture” when anyone has a go at their own heroes. 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 6,777 ✭✭✭Evade

I don't follow sport much but when did they drop "women's" when talking about womens' sports?

About this boomer thing when used derogatory towards people who are virtually all gen X, what's the deal with it? How is it acceptable to misage a person? I know it started as a meme, it should have died as that, so don't give me that answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,777 ✭✭✭Evade

For some people there are no bad tactics only bad targets. They will claim to have a philosophy like be kind but only apply it to those that agree with their outlook and apply all sorts of -isms to the right targets, in their view. It's olympic gold medal level mental gymnastics.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,841 ✭✭✭TomTomTim

Let’s not forget that the people crying about Sky Sports’ exploiting their right to post headlines on their website as they please are exactly the same people who blubber about “freedom of speech” and “cancel culture” when anyone has a go at their own heroes. 🤣

News outlets having agendas isn't a free speech matter as you know, it's a matter of ethics. I know it's a dead concept in the modern world, but we once expected impartiality from the media.

“The man who lies to himself can be more easily offended than anyone else. You know it is sometimes very pleasant to take offense, isn't it? A man may know that nobody has insulted him, but that he has invented the insult for himself, has lied and exaggerated to make it picturesque, has caught at a word and made a mountain out of a molehill--he knows that himself, yet he will be the first to take offense, and will revel in his resentment till he feels great pleasure in it.”- ― Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

• Advertisement

What on Earth are you talking about? There’s nothing “unethical” about Sky Sports putting a women’s football game result on their website.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement