Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wokeism of the day *Revised Mod Note in OP and threadbanned users*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,777 ✭✭✭Evade

But how often by the partner of the British PM?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭.Donegal.

None of their private thoughts about him have been revealed as far as I’m aware.

Why would you be outraged if she said he looked like a leprechaun? I certainly wouldn’t.

Interesting as well that you claim more Irish people would be outraged by that than the current crop of brits having a meltdown over a Harry Potter reference. Why do you think so little of the Irish? Are you triggered as well about a Harry Potter reference to a foreign coronation? A bit snowflaky. How woke

Yeah, I'm not outraged but let's not pretend a significant amount of Irish people don't love to play the victim card against Britain at every opportunity. The partner of a head of government probably should have a little more cop on.

So you think Irish people would be bigger snowflakes than the brits are now if the situation was reversed. You also think we love to play the victim card. Are you even Irish yourself or just a self loathing one?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,430 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Caesar's wife comes to mind

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

Get woke go broke .. culturally, spiritually. Aesthetically

• Registered Users Posts: 25,292 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Correct. It’s a diplomatic visit. He is there in that capacity. Same as Sabina Higgins with Michael D when they go abroad…. He needed to keep his phone in his pocket, keep his opinions to himself.. whether he likes it or not he is there in a diplomatic capacity, physically representing the country with his other half…. If he can’t do that with decorum, respectfulness he should remain at home on Leo’s couch watching his soaps.….

Unfortunately like with so many people now…. Anything and everything from a sheep farting sideways to buying a hot dog and the world has to know their feelings, opinions and thoughts about it on social media…..WHY ? he should just be quiet.

if the opposite happened here, and those comments were made by a British person there’d be uproar.

Yeah, I do. I am Irish and on balance quite like it here but know from personal experience certain people love banging on about however many hundreds of years, 1916, 1845, and so on.

So you have a higher opinion of the brits than the Irish because Irish people “bang on about” 1916 and you “quite like it here” Interesting phrase of words for an Irish person. Just wait until someone tells you how much the brits “bang on about” the Germans and their poppy nazism every year.

Sorry skin oi'll break ow da Hiberno English for ya.

• Advertisement

Whatever makes you more comfortable pretending to be Irish

• Registered Users Posts: 16,920 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Leo picking his nose on his way into the abbey and his partner ignoring the no phone appeal and then posting derogatory comments - grand if they were tourists off sightseeing but, whatever your view of Britain and the Royal family, it shows a lot of disrespect when Leo was attending a state occasion in his capacity as Taoiseach.

A bit of fecking cop on shouldn't be beyond the grasp of 2 doctors.

I'd love to know how exactly it's being taught, or why exactly it's being taught, at that age especially (coming up to puberty, learning about periods and that girls can be boys)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭Cordell

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭NattyO

Jaysus, I never pegged Deeter as being so brave. He's going to catch hell for that. He's just gone way up in my estimation, though he may have just derailed his media career.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,786 ✭✭✭DownByTheGarden

Anyone who ever wore fake tan will be cancelled :)

What I find ridiculous isnt even that it was written by AI. Its that some gobsh!te in the Irish Times actually let that story be published, whether it be written by an AI or even a real person.

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭nolivesmatter

There you go, that's it exactly. That it was fake isn't the issue at all, it's that some muppet read it, agreed with it and thought it was a good idea to publish it. These are the kind of idiots controlling the flow of information.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

I see students in third-level who can't do basic maths, who can't use apostrophes properly, and yet the schools are teaching this bonkers stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭CGI_Livia_Soprano
    Holding tyrants to the fire

I would like to know if there is a single person reading this thread who was not aware of trans people after the age of about ten. Whether they were called transsexuals, or transvestites, or cross dressers, or whatever the term was at the time.

I was certainly aware of their existence at that age, and I dare say that I am almost certainly older than the average boomers.ie user.

The control freakish tendency of the commentators who by trying to control every aspect of their own children’s lives are also trying to control every Irish child by dictating what the curriculum should cover enrages me.

It is a constant through history, from not allowing safe sex education in the 70s and 80s, to decrying the “threat of the familial unit by the gay agenda” in the 90s and 00s, to someone crying on Twitter because a teacher mentioned trans people in the classroom.

Throughout my life it has been a constant parade of bigotry by a small, bigmouth minority and generations of Irish useful idiots on boards.ie just lap it up and parrot it like the good little boys/girleens they are.

There is no woke agenda. Trans people are not coming to “convert” your kids. There is only people trying to live their own lives, their oppressors, and the stupid suckers falling for the propaganda to demonise minorities to cover up the crimes of the elite.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭archfi

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

Cleopatra didn't have red hair by any chance?

I'm sure we all had some idea that trans people existed around that age or a bit older, without teachers bringing it up at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭BruteStock

Woke journalism. Upside down clown world where the aggressor is the victim and the actual victim is the aggressor.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭CGI_Livia_Soprano
    Holding tyrants to the fire

Did you even read the article? The trans woman was clearly the aggrieved party there, unless you think it’s alright to call trans people “trannies.” Do you? Do you think it’s alright to call a trans person a tranny?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭crusd

You mean the upside world where people constantly misrepresent the facts of a story to try and promote their idea that everything is part of a “woke” agenda? I would suggest reading your sources rather than blindly parroting the talking points of those attempting to turn everything into a wedge issue.

A minor altercation between two individuals should not ever have become a talking point all over the internet with the sacked worker havelobg thier name plastered over the net as “representative of those trans”.

The rights and wrongs of the sacking are probably unknowable without details of the full incident. The article identified as “woke” journalism was a person who had been publicly vilified trying to set the record straight by presenting their view. And if as they contented they had been called a “tranny” their anger was understandable. Not some representation of “those crazy trannies” as it was presented,

I you go looking for “woke agenda” you will see it everywhere even when it doesn’t exist

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭BruteStock

lol.. blindly parroting the talking points which are completely devoid of facts and evidence is exactly what you're doing here. It dawned on me as I began to write this that that you probably never seen the video showing Luna spazzing out at the customer and then assaulting her husband for having the nerve to capture her unhinged breakdown on camera. The only factual depiction of this event is the one captured on camera. Everything else is second hand unverifiable reports so you chose what you want to believe , not what the facts are. You choose to believe Luna who is running defence for herself , and why wouldn't she. The evidence against her is damning.

Other sources coming from school acquaintances say she was a very intense individual and neighbours say they walked on eggshells in fear of doing something that may offend her. Are these people lying. Is there only one truth . Luna's truth?

Wedge issue? Yeah , transgenderism is the new wedge issue for the left. The last wedge issue came after the Bush era when Democrats realised that many on the Right were in the mood for a change, they started lightening up and were tired of old divisive wedge issues and started getting a little more liberal in terms of social issues. They started shifting away from cultural conservatism and more towards classical liberalism, away from censorship and more towards a leave me alone, live and let live mindset. The line between the two parties began to blur, Democrats can't be having that.

That's when the Obama era introduced identity politics. A brand new wedge issue pitting Women vs. men, gay vs. straight, black vs. white, latino vs. white. One side good guy, the other side oppressor. All because they wanted to get more people coming to the polls to vote by exploiting people's insecurities and fanning the flames of racial animus in a country that was largely moving past its dark history.

Democrats always need a wedge issue to distinguish themselves from Republicans, that is why they are exploiting the transgender movement atm by putting Mulvaney in the white house , all in a shameless 'subvert and divide' effort get votes.

And on the issue of Vice. Who remembers Michael Reinoehl. Instead of calling the authorities , Vice interviews him and describes him as a victim. The reality is Reinoehl ran up behind two right wingers and shot them in the head as they walked home , execution style. A few days later he tried he to kill cops, unsuccessfully as they managed to kill him first. This is the sort of trash Vice runs cover for , so yeah Vice is not just woke journalism , but also propagandist trash and everybody knows it , which is why they just recently went bankrupt.

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement