Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wokeism of the day *Revised Mod Note in OP and threadbanned users*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Biker79

I'm (deeply) offended by bad comedy.

Can I get some attention please?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

Biker79 wrote: »
    I'm (deeply) offended by bad comedy.

Can I get some attention please?

Completely missed my point there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭CountNjord

Gervais08 wrote: »
    Other than we might share a taste in men I’d ask for your hand in marriage!!!

That is the best post I’ve read on here in an age - refreshing!!!!

Some of us need to stand with the normal people and put a stop to Gays being dragged through the s h I t by social justice warriors and femminists.

We're sick of it, the same as minorities in America being told that the Democrats are all for minorities , they are not they're similar to those woke Marxist professor's here who use people to push their agenda's.

I'm sorry for going off topic, but this woke liberal s h I t is a cancer and it's fading away thankfully.

Anyhow I'm off today and going to pump up the tunes deep house it is today put on my wireless headphones and cut timber, I'll be in my tree surgeon gear and revving up a chainsaw... grrrr real manly work..

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,382 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Mod:

Threads merged

Completely missed my point there.

No, I think you missed mine :)

Hmmm...this sarcasm is tricky business. Must be getting old.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,177 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

CountNjord wrote: »
    Some of us need to stand with the normal people and put a stop to Gays being dragged through the s h I t by social justice warriors and femminists.

We're sick of it, the same as minorities in America being told that the Democrats are all for minorities , they are not they're similar to those woke Marxist professor's here who use people to push their agenda's.

I'm sorry for going off topic, but this woke liberal s h I t is a cancer and it's fading away thankfully.

Anyhow I'm off today and going to pump up the tunes deep house it is today put on my wireless headphones and cut timber, I'll be in my tree surgeon gear and revving up a chainsaw... grrrr real manly work..

Do you not think your community yourself drags itself?

Why blame women?

No, I think you missed mine :)

Hmmm...this sarcasm is tricky business. Must be getting old.

I know I am!!!

Shall we agree it was a **** film ???

Give me a nice arse eh universe and I’ll still be nice!!!!

Why blame women?

Apparently feminists can be male too... and SJWs can be any gender at all.

So, he didn't single out women..

Apparently feminists can be male too... and SJWs can be any gender at all.

So, he didn't single out women..

My first question is still pertinent.

Does he not think his own community has dragged itself?

Why blame women?

Why blame the gay community ???

Do you even have a point ??

• Advertisement

My first question is still pertinent.

Does he not think his own community has dragged itself?

I dunno.. but I'd agree with the poster that both Feminists and SJWs latched on to Gay community issues at different stages, whenever it was useful for them, and often, ignoring other problems. At the same time, the rise of criticism and attacks on what it means to be a man in society, and the dangers/risks/etc of being male (for other people) (which affects Gay people too), which has come from both Feminists and SJW.

But nope, I wouldn't blame women, per se. Both modern feminism and SJW movements are runaway trains hardly representative of the majority of any gender.

Why blame the gay community ???

Do you even have a point ??
    The gay community have always been the one to push the envelope on every issue.

From pro nouns ..to non binary gender ..to giving out when drs only talk about women going to gynos ...

Count N nord ..said

this

He is a member of the gay community.

He has stated and in a very coherent way that this is not good for the gay community. Its not about real activism. Its something else.

Like activists trying to make their own careers etc. Youtube channels etc.

Well MY point is.

All of these positions ....actually come from the gay community themselves.

Most of the activists do too. Or the LGBT community.

Does he feel the LGBT community has dragged itself? As he put it?

Does he feel they have gone to far?

Because they are who swjs ...take their cue from. I mean they just jump on bandwagons.

The gay community have always been the one to push the envelope on every issue.

From pro nouns ..to non binary gender ..to giving out when drs only talk about women going to gynos ...

Count N nord ..said

this

He is a member of the gay community.

He has stated and in a very coherent way that this is not good for the gay community. Its not about real activism. Its something else.

Like activists trying to make their own careers etc. Youtube channels etc.

Well MY point is.

All of these positions ....actually come from the gay community themselves.

Most of the activists do too. Or the LGBT community.

Does he feel the LGBT community has dragged itself? As he put it?

Does he feel they have gone to far?

Because they are who swjs ...take their cue from. I mean they just jump on bandwagons.

The T part are dragging the LGB part certainly.

As are all the activists and crusaders who aren't gay but 'represent' them, knowing what gay people truly feel on all issues.. :D

I dunno.. but I'd agree with the poster that both Feminists and SJWs latched on to Gay community issues at different stages, whenever it was useful for them, and often, ignoring other problems.

I agree.

I see it with transwomen in sports and that idea. All gun ho ....but no actual plan to do it in a way that over comes the inevitable problems that will arise. And there is no reason to say it couldn't happen.

But to suggest there MIGHT be problems and that some transwomen might have an unfair advantage etc. Is ...thrown out. So the question of ...how actually do we OVER COME those issues never gets addressed.

I mean could we give cis women head starts ? Do we do it like in boxing ...measure them up by height ? Give a handicap etc?

But this is seen by some .(.and some of these people who have said this to be have BEEN Trans themselves ..or gay) as transphobia.

I see people who say ..Transwomen belong in female sport. Full stop. Issue over. You accept they are physically in the same boat as cis women.

In reality they don't care about doing the work to make it happen. They don't want to admit the situation is complex.

There is no grey area ..its black or white.

But its not SJWS ..ALONE.

There are gay activists themselves ....who make a career for themselves from this ..and don't solve issues.

Sadly activism doesn't do much of the ground work .

I see.

Well I would like to say. I know a lovely T lady who is not overly sensitive. And quite sensible. She is now married to my ex bf.

Yes ..i do see straight people ...jump on the ' i am not binary' wagon.

Not that i am not suggesting YOU CANNOT be non binary. You can.

Its just a lot of people who say they are now....won't be in 15 yrs time imo.

Maybe i am closed minded but i wait with an open mind.

I can understand what you mean though.

I am afraid i don't have a solution.

Other than to keep saying ...overcome the real issues ...and be nice.

As are all the activists and crusaders who aren't gay but 'represent' them, knowing what gay people truly feel on all issues.. :D
    True. I have probably been guilty.

And of course ..not all gay people think or feel alike.

And maybe some i would not want to even represent.

I am more wary of trying to find my own voice for myself though. And not to speak for others.

I see.

Well I would like to say. I know a lovely T lady who is not overly sensitive. And quite sensible. She is now married to my ex bf.

Yes ..i do see straight people ...jump on the ' i am not binary' wagon.

Not that i am not suggesting YOU CANNOT be non binary. You can.

Its just a lot of people who say they are now....won't be in 15 yrs time imo.

Maybe i am closed minded but i wait with an open mind.

I can understand what you mean though.

I am afraid i don't have a solution.

Other than to keep saying ...overcome the real issues ...and be nice.

Other than I don’t buy the non binary thing - pure attention seeking - I think we’re are largely in agreement here.

Peter Tatchell for example does a lot of damage to the gay community, whereas my friends in said community said so much was achieved by Stephen Fry’s documentary in countries where it is illegal to be gay. He wouldn’t say he’s an activist but achieved so much.

I campaigned for marriage equality and the difference between gay rights and trans rights seem to be the finer just want to live equal and valid lives with those they love and that’s it - and as they should be allowed to.

Trabs rights seem to be changing biology, making people accept the impossible, setting back women’s sex based rights etc etc .

I agree.

Ahh... well.. here's the thing. I'm Bisexual, and due to that orientation, I've always been on the outskirts of the Gay community. It's a common perception with gay people that they don't fully understand, trust or appreciate Bisexuals.. and that's fine. It's just the way things are with many people. Trans... are something else entirely. They shouldn't even be included under the same category as GLB, because it's far more than orientation, and they themselves can't seem to agree what/who is included.

In any case, the gay community doesn't speak for me, and I've found that many gay friends/acquaintances would agree with me. Bunch of Divas and troublemakers.. fighting a cause they (or rather those who came before) already won. Probably close to the same way many women cringe when they hear modern feminists... :D

It is also animal rights and environmental activists pushing the Woke agenda ....perhaps much more than some within the LGBT community, as they have a more established history of protest.

I've always suspected there is a broader agenda with trans rights activism though, an agenda which appears to be preparing the world for transhumanism.

• Advertisement

Other than I don’t buy the non binary thing - pure attention seeking - I think we’re are largely in agreement here.

For a lot of people who would be acquaintances of mine. Yes.

Also they have some personal issues.

I get what you are thinking.

I just think ..who am i to make this rule ..
    Peter Tatchell for example does a lot of damage to the gay community, whereas my friends in said community said so much was achieved by Stephen Fry’s documentary in countries where it is illegal to be gay. He wouldn’t say he’s an activist but achieved so much.

I campaigned for marriage equality and the difference between gay rights and trans rights seem to be the finer just want to live equal and valid lives with those they love and that’s it - and as they should be allowed to.

Trabs rights seem to be changing biology, making people accept the impossible, setting back women’s sex based rights etc etc

IMO what has happened with trans rights is this.

Because the stigma of being known as a T person is so big. Only the furthest out there will become activists. People on the fringe anyway.

I get the impression most T people who are cautious of being private ..are people who just want to live equally. But because they wish to be very private ...we don't hear from them.

I could be wrong.

Activism has become like showbiz for some.

In a nutshell gays and lesbian's who I hang out with are not having to do with the SJW or woke Shoite.

They do not represent us nor do they do us any favours.
    All they do is try to guilt shame younger members of the gay community to stir up s h i t and feel bad about themselves.

While back in the olden days we were quite able for the slagging, banter, TV satire etc

The SJWs and woke liberal lefty types are very sad ugly people, they're not creative, talented or sane.

All you have to do is look at them, they're the most disgusting unattractive looking people I've ever seen.

They like to pull down men and women who are better than them..

Come on like they are a total mess and they are misfits.

All you have to do is look at them, they're the most disgusting unattractive looking people I've ever seen.
    That's a bit a mean.

I mean its not like they can help it. :(

They mean well.

They will prob grow out of it a bit ....and be wiser.

And in fairness AOC looks cracker!

TBH both extremes ....neither of them look great.

They both go to close to the sun!

It is also animal rights and environmental activists pushing the Woke agenda ....perhaps much more than some within the LGBT community, as they have a more established history of protest.

I've always suspected there is a broader agenda with trans rights activism though, an agenda which appears to be preparing the world for transhumanism.

TBH I wouldn't put it past the Pharma companies, and medical community, as a money making enterprise, with the Psychologists jumping in for good measure. It's acquired too much support and resources in such a short time...

That's a bit a mean.

I mean its not like they can help it. :(

They mean well.

They will prob grow out of it a bit ....and be wiser.

And in fairness AOC looks cracker!

okay I'll rephrase that, they're just not the most interesting or pleasant if people.

I know you're probably right is saying they mean well, but theyre well mean too.

I'd say they'll dissapear soon enough, they're difficult to work with, can't take direction and are not an asset to any company organisation or institution.

They're the dregs of society, usually middle class dorky types who's parents gave them no love or direction.

I myself came from old money and we mixed Very well with the working class kid's teen-agers and college students..

The middle class wanted to be us and they didn't associate with the working class, we wanted nothing to do with the middle classes and had more in common with people who lived in terraced houses etc

The irony of growing up in the 80's and 90's and these middle class types were always moaning and groaning in school feeling victimisation.

I suppose if they are rejected by the old money and the working class and upper class managed to get along.
    They probably felt like outcasts :(

okay I'll rephrase that, they're just not the most interesting or pleasant if people.

I know you're probably right is saying they mean well, but theyre well mean too.

I'd say they'll dissapear soon enough, they're difficult to work with, can't take direction and are not an asset to any company organisation or institution.

They're the dregs of society, usually middle class dorky types who's parents gave them no love or direction.

I myself came from old money and we mixed Very well with the working class kid's teen-agers and college students..

The middle class wanted to be us and they didn't associate with the working class, we wanted nothing to do with the middle classes and had more in common with people who lived in terraced houses etc

The irony of growing up in the 80's and 90's and these middle class types were always moaning and groaning in school feeling victimisation.

I suppose if they are rejected by the old money and the working class and upper class managed to get along.
    This is kind of funny.......

Its is totally unrelated ...my dad is working class ..very very working class

I am middling class! OH SO VERY MIDDLE CLASS ..You would hate it. (oh lets just pretend i am working class too!)

But this rich guy .....made money but also from money ....loved my dad ...wanted him to come to this party ...

My dad can't stand him!

TBH I wouldn't put it past the Pharma companies, and medical community, as a money making enterprise, with the Psychologists jumping in for good measure. It's acquired too much support and resources in such a short time...

Totally.

Makes a lot of sense when you think about it.

People here have some really odd perceptions of what "class" consists of in Ireland. The vast majority of people in Ireland from the last 40-50 years would be considered to be Middle class, in terms of educational standards and income potential, not to mention social mobility. Most people who talk about being working class, wouldn't have been considered such, 50 years ago... We've had too much of a shift in economics and social mobility since Ireland stopped being a poor country.

For most middle class, there's little difference between them and working class... except at the extreme ends.. the rich/poor.

• Advertisement

Totally.

Makes a lot of sense when you think about it.
    Can you explain?

How would they monetize it?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement